Board Game Secret Hitler 1

oh nevermind

Nominating Blazade since one of them or zorbees is lying, so I wanna see which one is depending on what I give them (and I don't think it really matters which one I pick, I just chose randomly)

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
if you draw 1 Fascist 2 Lib as a Fascist and your Chancellor isn't Fascist, what do you think a Fascist would do? It is far more beneficial to him to submit 2 Libs to avoid the other guy looking good after the test. A Lib policy would always be played in that case, so yes what Earlio did is exactly what Fascist always would do.
But wouldn't the liberal want to assure that the liberal policy is played? I didn't want to risk another racist policy, because then the fascist would be 1 card away from being able to win

Yeah, its always better for Liberals to trying to play the Liberal cards at any cost in my opinion, because its much more reliable then trying to figure out who is who and actually letting some facist cards get through.

While I'm as happy as anybody to go on missions the way you're going about resolving me/zorbees is sketchy unless you're sure I'm the town one. I mean I am so good on you i guess but someone uninformed inclined to pick randomly and also pass liberal policies should be testing lightwolf here.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I especially don't want chancellor Blazade after his reply to me, which was p hypocrtical.

A fascist in that position knows a liberal policy will be passed regardless and I'll concede they potentially make that play but it's also arguably not better for them to just let someone else test and it's WIFOM.

A liberal in that position who is new at the game and just looking to pass liberal policies just wants to not take any risks in the matter. You can argue about theoretical play but we're straight up not there yet.
You call my assumption that a Fascist would make the ideal Fascist play a WIFOM, but then for no reason at all say that a new liberal may choose to just assure liberal policies, which is the exact same argument. Except the part where mine isn't WIFOM, Fascist would never test, therefore as long as Earlio's play matches up with what a Fascist would do there always, claiming he is liberal and to be trust just due to that is silliness incarnate.

Late game you force it, but where we at, confirming intent is far more important. For zorbees, it's like never putting 2 people into a res party then having to add one at random to the final decision. We need info, if we don't have info we will end up in a limited clean pool, and the very big likelyhood of randing policies or having hitler elected.

Quite simply i don't think liberal earlio tries to avoid doing what a fascist might do but instead plays to his liberal wincon as sinply as possible that's where the disconnect is coming from

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
i agree with blazade in that liberal earlio probably discards the fascist card, but i also agree with lightwolf that fascist earlio also probably discards the fascist card, so i don't see how anyone can have a clear read on earlio

Honestly the only reason I could see for Earlio actually being fascist or Hitler is to try to look like a liberal, so idk if I can't 100% trust him, and I also don't know if a fascist would do such a weird move this early when they'd be way better of leaving one of each for Granny. Then, the only two possibilities in my eyes are that he is truly a liberal, which is the most likely, or that he's hitler which isn't as likely but still possible

Edit: Take a look at the post below this one

Also, may I ask Granny Pie what were the cards you received from Earlio?

Last edited:

LightWolf

lightwoof
WHY is it better for a fascist paired with a liberal, to test them, and clean them? A fascist paired with hitler sure, but cleaning a liberal is something they don't wanna do.

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Blazade: Ja
Hitmonleet: Ja
Xayah: Nein
zorbees: Nein
Exploudit: Ja
Earlio: Ja
Whydon: Ja
Granny Pie: Ja
Lightwolf: Nein

Congrats to President Whydon and Chancellor Blazade!

LightWolf

lightwoof
Allow me to translate to info that people actually want to hear.

Blazade: "I was given two fascist cards, this is my story, now we await Whydon to say whether he claims he drew 3 fascist and making this exchange pointless or claim he gave me one of each and one of us is a
Fascist"

Let's not confuse people with personal points of view instead of public facts. Also if you didn't want that upvoted, why did you JA IT. Don't bhe a hypocrite.

Because now I know 2 scum. Being on missions lets me test and has a better chance of passing than two people who aren't me. But i explicitly said this wasn't the best way to go about doing what whydon said he wanted to do.

An argument could be made for trusting my gut here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)