Resource Sample Teams (Taken Over - See New Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the advent of USUM, I thought I wanted to build a HO Psychic Terrain Team that could capitalize on Ultra Necrozma, which is in my opinion, almost as broken as Mega Ray. The way this team works is simple: Tapu Lele is pivotal to this teams success - keeping it alive is absolutely imperative. I almost always lead with Tapu Lele and run Modest as opposed to Timid simply for the extra output in power. Against a bulky PDon lead, Lele has a positive matchup. Against Yveltal and Marshadow amongst other counter leads, I have to play carefully, as they get a free attack against any of my mons. To avoid losing momentum, I will usually switch into something bulky like Solgaleo which an tank a hit. MMY, Deoxys-A, and Scarf Lunala all can revenge kills pokemon like Yveltal, MGar, Darkrai, and Marshadow - which would otherwise give this team extreme amounts of trouble. Yveltal notably is the hardest 'mon to play around, as MMY only deals roughly 75% with an Ice Beam and Scarf Lunala cannot KO it with Moonblast. But in general, these threats can be dealt with if the team is played correctly. The offensive prowess of this team is simply unmatched and I highly suggest trying it out.

Tapu Lele @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Nature's Madness

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Photon Geyser
- Sunsteel Strike

Lunala @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Shield
Modest Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite Y
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

Solgaleo @ Choice Band
Ability: Full Metal Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
IDK looks more like a mono Psychic team. Although 5/6 mons hates meeting Scarf Yveltal which probably you're already aware of. Thanks for sharing though.

UltraInstinctJJoy

Banned deucer.

Double Primal Bulky Offense
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 140 Atk / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Precipice Blades

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 32 HP / 236 Atk / 64 Def / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 224 HP / 72 Atk / 116 Def / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Dragon Tail
- Defog
- Roost

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Solganium Z
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Judgment
- Toxic

I recently made this team and it has found a moderately high amount of tournament success in both the Ubers Room and the Tournaments Room. It is a relatively simple Bulky Offense team, with a few versatile and unique caveats. The primary purpose of this team is to pressure and punish opposing switch-ins by utilizing the offensive synergy created between Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre. Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre form an excellent offensive core and can proactively check many of the top tier threats found in USUM Ubers. A mixed Primal Groudon was used to both check many Pokemon in the tier, such as Zygarde, Mega Salamence, and sweep weakened teams. Utilizing a Mild Nature with no HP EVs leaves this Primal Groudon weak defensively, but a Mild Nature is preferred over a Rash Nature, to better absorb Moonblasts from Xerneas and Dark Pulses from Yveltal. Maximum investment in Special Attack maximizes Fire Blasts damage output while the speed EVs allow Primal Groudon to outpseed anything up to Timid Scarf Yveltal at +2. The remaining EVs are dumped into attack which can cleanly net a 2HKO on even the most Physically Defensive Primal Kyogre variants after Stealth Rock damage. Primal Kyogre, on the other hand acts as a mixed attacker, proactively punishing Primal Groudon switch-ins with its titanic base 150 Attack stat. USUM blessed Primal Kyogre with Liquidation, a move that can severely punish the likes of Blissey and Chansey if switched in. The offensive synergy created by Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre also severely pressurizes several common switch-ins such as Arceus-Water, Ho-Oh, and Giratina-O. A bulky Mega Salamence set was utilized in order to serve as Defog supporter and spread paralysis through Body Slam, while Dragon Tail prevents sweepers from setting up on it. The 96+ Speed EVs allows it to out speed everything up to positively natured base 100s. The main focus of this set is utility – fighting hazard war, Intimidate, spreading paralysis, and providing some additional options versus threats such as Primal Groudon, Swords Dance Arceus Forms, and Mega Lucario. Yveltal was chosen as a fast revenge killer, presenting this team with an efficient way to clean up weakened threats and effectively KO threatening set-up sweepers such as Ultra Necromza and Swords Dance Arceus Forms. It can also serve to retroactively check opposing Yveltal to an extent. Double Dance Dusk Mane Necrozma is one of the most threatening set-up sweepers in USUM Ubers, and thus was implemented to both check Geomancy and Scarf Xerneas variants and also sweep opposing teams. Against offenses, this Pokemon can find several set up opportunities, by virtue of its bulk. Rock Polish provides enough Speed to outpace what is typical from opposing hyper or bulky offense teams while Swords Dance and Solganium Z are enough to dent, if not outright KO many defensive Pokemon. Lastly, Arceus-Fairy was chosen as an entry hazard setter. In particular, Arceus-Fairy has very favorable match ups against common Magic Bounce users such as Mega Sableye and Mega Diance, and can proceed to safely set up Stealth Rock. Additionally, similar to Mega Salamence, Arceus-Fairy's 96+ Speed investment allows it to out speed everything up to positive natured base 100s. Arceus-Fairy finally serves to proactively check opposing Yveltal and Marshadow as well, thanks to its Defense and HP Investment. In conclusion, this team is a solid team that can pressure opponents by proactively checking multiple threats at the same time and synergize relatively well.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-682372699 A ladder match versus Balance exemplifying Dusk Mane Necozma's terrifying sweeping abilities.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-682440886 Another ladder match versus Balance, demonstrating Bulky Mega Salamence's ability to tank hits and spread paralysis through Body Slam.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-682415179 Standard ladder match showing how this team performs against Offense teams.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-682843722 One final ladder match against a well built Kyogre Balance Team. Primal Groudon easily helps me gain momentum and take the match.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-681969780 Versus Hyper Offense, it was easier to make risky plays and still easily win.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-682473937 Versus a well built Trick Room team, though I barely won, Primal Groudon's resilience pulled through in the end.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-682486986 A tournament battle demonstrating how not to use Dusk Mane Necromza to dent through walls. Make sure to sufficiently weaken your opponents team first before trying to pull a sweep. Luckily, Mixed Primal Groudon pulled it's weight and allowed me to win. Also, notice how Bulky Mega Salamence survives a +2 Stone Edge from Arceus-Ground.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-682488837 A tournament battle versus a team similar to The Trap God's sample team. Though Swagger was a tad annoying, the team was able to pull through thanks to Mixed Primal Groudon yet again.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-682475466 A tournament battle versus an extremely well built Balance team , Primal Groudon was able to do 50% to a Bulky Primal Kyogre thanks to the Attack Spread listed above. A great game overall.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-682478117 A tournament battle versus yet another extremely well built Balance team. Though I do make some risky plays, my team prevails, despite me having to leave the tour early in the end.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-682494454 The finals of a tournament. While I was slightly surprised that my opponent's Zygarde survived a HP Ice from my Primal Groudon, ultimately the sheer offensive pressure created by Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre successfully enabled me to take the game.

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So this thread has been opened for submissions and stuff. To those who posted SM teams that never got evaluated due to the inactivity of the last council, you may resubmit the same or a different team updated to USM of course. I'm sorry we never provided a verdict.

Lacus Clyne and I decided to directly add one team - the standard Arceus-Water BO, and more may be on the way.

==========

Double Primal Bulky Offense | Provided by UltraInstinctJJoy

The rules explicitly state:
  • Do not submit teams that have been RMTed or previously posted by someone other than yourself.
This team is Pokemon for Pokemon, set for set identical to this team, and arguably inferior to the Marshadow variant that is discussed onward. This is not an accusation of team theft, after all the structure is rather intuitive, but the rule is in place to help protect users who take the time to post or share teams through RMT, on social media, or in the Ubers subforum. A variant that is two Pokemon different was shared by The Trap God on social media, and if that team had been submitted instead I would have also rejected under this rule. Feel free to submit another team, but please ensure that it has not already received substantial exposure by another player through RMT, social media, etc.

UltraInstinctJJoy

Banned deucer.
So this thread has been opened for submissions and stuff. To those who posted SM teams that never got evaluated due to the inactivity of the last council, you may resubmit the same or a different team updated to USM of course. I'm sorry we never provided a verdict.

Lacus Clyne and I decided to directly add one team - the standard Arceus-Water BO, and more may be on the way.

==========

Double Primal Bulky Offense | Provided by UltraInstinctJJoy

The rules explicitly state:
  • Do not submit teams that have been RMTed or previously posted by someone other than yourself.
This team is Pokemon for Pokemon, set for set identical to this team, and arguably inferior to the Marshadow variant that is discussed onward. This is not an accusation of team theft, after all the structure is rather intuitive, but the rule is in place to help protect users who take the time to post or share teams through RMT, on social media, or in the Ubers subforum. A variant that is two Pokemon different was shared by The Trap God on social media, and if that team had been submitted instead I would have also rejected under this rule. Feel free to submit another team, but please ensure that it has not already received substantial exposure by another player through RMT, social media, etc.
Hello Minority, I do appreciate the advice and agree to an extent with the decision. I just wanted to say that this team does not copy your team Pokemon for Pokemon and Set for Set (for example, the EVs of our Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre sets differ greatly, the roles of our Mega Salamence's are different - you utilize a Fast Defogger, where Dragon Dance is an inferior option to the likes of Toxic or Facade, whereas I utilize a Bulky Mega Salamence that is a Defogger and spreads Paralysis, I use Yveltal as a revenger killer rather than as a Shadow Tag check (in the case of this particular build, Scarf Yveltal is superior option to Marshadow), and lastly, the different EV spread of my Dusk Mane Necrozma allows me to out speed everything up to Timid Scarf Yveltal. While I agree that the team formulas are somewhat similar, I would no go as far as to saying that my team is Set for Set and Pokemon for Pokemon identical to your team - in fact, I did not copy your team. This team was independently built by me and later improved on by Terracotta, Serial Ekiller, and The Trap God. I'd like to conclude by stating that in particular, this specific team formula optimizes the effectiveness and efficiency of the Primal offensive core - no matter how you put it, these six Pokemon arguably work the best. The point of a sample team is to show off a team that does relatively well and has a near optimum structure, so that either new players can use it or so that it can be used in tournaments. This team is by all means an excellent team, and though I do agree with your reasoning to an extent, the logic is slightly flawed, but alas.

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It is the same team with the same six Pokemon - Necrozma-DM, Mega Salamence, Arceus-Fairy, Primal Groudon, Yveltal, and Primal Kyogre. They are also the same sets - Double Dance, Defog, Stealth Rock, Mixed RP, Scarf, and Liquidation. You cannot reasonably claim that these two teams have any substantial difference in their play, flow, or structure.

I make it very clear in my post that there is no accusation of team theft and that the team structure is intuitive. You aren't the first, nor will you be the last to independently come up with this structure. Rather the point is that your submission violates the rules clearly outlined in the OP - do not submit teams that have been previously RMTed by someone other than yourself. The council can decide if teams that have already been shared are worth adding. Rules are rules, and I have to do my best to enforce them so that there is consistency and so that the thread can run smoothly into the future. I've already committed hours to try and ensure that this thread isn't the inactive pile of garbage it turned into after the Marshadow release in SM.

I encourage you and other players to submit teams for evaluation so long as they follow the rules of the OP. However, in the future please do not complain in public channels behind my back or call the judgment behind the verdict "stupid" simply because you ignored the rules of the thread.

UltraInstinctJJoy

Banned deucer.
It is the same team with the same six Pokemon - Necrozma-DM, Mega Salamence, Arceus-Fairy, Primal Groudon, Yveltal, and Primal Kyogre. They are also the same sets - Double Dance, Defog, Stealth Rock, Mixed RP, Scarf, and Liquidation. You cannot reasonably claim that these two teams have any substantial difference in their play, flow, or structure.

I make it very clear in my post that there is no accusation of team theft and that the team structure is intuitive. You aren't the first, nor will you be the last to independently come up with this structure. Rather the point is that your submission violates the rules clearly outlined in the OP - do not submit teams that have been previously RMTed by someone other than yourself. The council can decide if teams that have already been shared are worth adding. Rules are rules, and I have to do my best to enforce them so that there is consistency and so that the thread can run smoothly into the future. I've already committed hours to try and ensure that this thread isn't the inactive pile of garbage it turned into after the Marshadow release in SM.

I encourage you and other players to submit teams for evaluation so long as they follow the rules of the OP. However, in the future please do not complain in public channels behind my back or call the judgment behind the verdict "stupid" simply because you ignored the rules of the thread.
Except you don't use a Scarf Yveltal in your team AND you don't use a Bulky Mega Salamence. In the case of Mega Salamence, that's like saying that Mixed RP Primal Groudon is the same as Double Dance Primal Groudon, just because they both have Rock Polish does not mean they're the same set at all. Both our Mega Salamence's are defoggers, but they do not have the same set, other than Defog and Roost. And to be frank, your decision is brash, if not stupid. You are rejecting my team on the basis that it is similar to yours, when in fact, it is a superior team and was again built independently by me and three other well renowned Ubers players (Terracotta , Serial EKiller , and The Trap God ). I did not ignore the rules, this team has not been RMT'd before, your team is different from mine, and if you continue to deny, I will report it to higher authority, where their verdict will be the final say on the matter.

Edit: "You cannot reasonably claim that these two teams have any substantial difference in their play, flow, or structure."

My Bulky Mega Salamence spreads paralysis, tanks hits, and prevents opposing set up sweepers from sweeping while Scarf Yveltal gives a reasonable form of speed control that allows me to revenge kill other threats, whereas your Marshadow is used to stop STAG. Your Mega Salamence is a fast defogger.

Last edited:
"higher authority" is here. The teams are the same with minor set variations, you can live with this fact or go down screaming about what the differences are alongside their impact - they are far from significant enough to be viewed as seperate teams. Constantly bringing 3 other guys into the equation for "your team" only dilutes the idea you are pushing that this team is unique and should be viewed that way. The structure is definitely possible to come up with independently, and you do not have the right to kick and shout in an attempt to prove the structure is completely different "this team has not been RMT'd before, your team is different from mine". Anyone with vision will see the very close similarities.

However, I will not accept the usage of randomly bolded jabs and high horse comments at the OP throughout your posts (especially in one I just deleted) just for you to blow off steam. Keep it calm and neutral when discussing if you want to avoid further infractions in the future. Any further comments can be brought up to me via PM, because this debate has gone on long enough.

UltraInstinctJJoy

Banned deucer.
My only question at this point is am I allowed to post another team (or is that against the rules - I think my case should obviously be an excpetion) and would it be penalized by Minority and the others due to this fiasco? I don't want past bias overshadowing brilliance...

yes to the first point - Nayrz

Last edited by a moderator:
Toxic Spikes + DD Zygarde Balance | Provided by Terracotta

1514982856408.png
1514982866367.png
1514982879713.png
1514982888142.png

Toxapex @ Shed Shell
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic
- Recover
- Haze

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 108 HP / 204 Atk / 4 SpD / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Protect
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

EVs: 172 HP / 140 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Toxic
- Roost
- Defog

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Magearna @ Normalium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Heart Swap
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 72 Atk / 248 SpA / 52 SpD / 136 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Stealth Rock

A team built around abusing the sweeping potential of Substitute + Dragon Dance Zygarde-C with Toxic Spikes support. Toxapex functions as an amazing pivot and check to threats such as Marshadow, but is also able to inflict status on most checks to Dragon Dance Zygarde-C in the tier with the combination of Toxic Spikes and Toxic. This allows Zygarde-C to break through its poisoned checks through spamming Substitute and Protect, aided by Leftovers and the mechanics of Power Construct. The HP EVs allow it to survive a Hidden Power Ice from mixed Primal Groudon pre-completion, whilst the speed EVs let it outspeed Smeargle and potentially set up on it. Against teams with Mega Sableye, which shuts out Toxapex, Defog Mega Salamence is able to Toxic many of Zygarde-C's checks instead, whilst also checking many physical attackers such as physical Primal Groudon. Arceus-Water compliments Mega Salamence, taking on mixed Primal Groudon, set-up variants of Dusk Mane and generally being bulky and Toxic stalling. Heal Bell Magearna checks Xerneas and Yveltal and provides general Steel-type resistances while giving greater room for the team to take status and trade Toxics, and cures Zygarde-c should it happen to be inflicted with status. Finally, mixed offensive Stealth Rock Primal Groudon rounds out the team, providing a Stealth Rock setter, a Primal Kyogre check and a wallbreaker.

Ok sorry for the bad way i posted it and i thank Serial EKiller for the help on posting and Stag clan for the help during the teambuilding session

Last edited:
Primal Kyogre + Zygarde Balance | Provided by SleepySea

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 Spe
Timid Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Haze
- Thousand Arrows
- Rest

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Aromatherapy
- Grass Knot

EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Recover

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

I made an early prototype of this team in early USM and had huge success in the ladder with it. Although many changes has been made since then, the concepts remains, and that is the synergy between Glare Zygarde and Sub CM Primal Kyogre. In terms of fire power, Primal Kyogre is one of the heavist hitters in the ubers tier. However, due to it's mediocre speed tier and low physical bulk, it lacks longevity in a fight. Zygarde is able to help Primal Kyogre in these two aspects with amazing glare support and the fact that Zygarde is a check to all strong physical attackers. 252HP ensures Primal Kyogre is able to soak up as much damage as possible as well as neutral Judgement not breaking substitute after a +1. 156 speed with a timid nature ensures it outspeeds Dusk Mane Necrozma and Smeargle. Choice scarf Xerneas makes a good Yveltal check and is able to defog is needed. Double dance Dusk Mane brings in much needed offensive presence to the table and is able to punch holes into defensive balance and stall. Ferrothorn is a good spike setter that synergise well with Xerneas and Dusk mane due to its ability to pressure teams with spikes and set in mons into KO range, as well as being a reliable Primal Kyogre check, back up check for xerneas and some support arceus formes. Arceus Dark brings in a unique but reliable Yveltal counter as Xerneas lacks reliable reocvery and a counter to rare psychic types. It is also able to set up stealth rocks since rare is the case where someone leads with fairies or fightings types. Although this team lacks Primal Groudon, it can fairly compensate with that lost.

Most replays have not been uploaded because of the matter of time I can only do one battle now more will be uploaded after this.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-683403359 - I know, I know, beating a guy that runs Ice Punch lucario is nothing to brag about but its the only battle I managed to get in time. Although it does not showcase how good this team is against a serious team, it kinda shows how it works in a way.

Mega Diancie + Gothitelle Bulky Offense | Provided by Serial EKiller

1514988339934.png
1514988380496.png
1514988408749.png
1514988416498.png
1514988485206.png

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Charm
- Confide
- Rest

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 100 Atk / 252 SpA / 156 Spe
Mild Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn
- Foul Play

Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment

This team was built around the core of Mega Diancie and Gothitelle, which is extremely strong against defensive teams as most of Mega Diancie's consistent defensive checks are trapped by Gothitelle. Mega Diancie also helps against Hyper Offense leads as well as Yveltal and Ho-Oh. 24 Attack EVs ensures the 2HKO on Blissey with Diamond Storm. Gothitelle, while less effective as the meta shifts towards Bulky Offense, is still really really stupid and traps defensive checks to many of its teammates, such as Arceus-Ground, Ferrothorn, Celesteela and defensive Necrozma-DM. From there, its teammates aim to cover the matchup against opposing bulky offenses, balances and hyper offenses.
Mixed Rock Polish Primal Groudon and Double Dance Necrozma-DM check many offensive threats such as Primal Kyogre and Xerneas, and are two extremely strong sweepers with great offensive synergy together. They can wear down each other's offensive checks such as Primal Kyogre with the help of Mega Diancie, whilst more passive defensive checks just get trapped by Gothitelle. Scarf Yveltal is added for an anti-HO fast attacker, revenge killer and check to Psychics, and was chosen over Life Orb Yveltal or Marshadow due to having the best matchup against opposing Marshadow, as Mega Diancie is a Fairy-type that cannot easily take on Marshadow unlike Xerneas or Arceus-Fairy. Finally, Arceus-Dragon provides a more reliable means of hazard control and a check to Primal Groudon, Mega Salamence carrying Earthquake and boosting variants of Necrozma-Dusk Mane. It was chosen over Arceus-Water due to its ability to damage both Primal Groudon and Mega Salamence in one moveslot with Dragon-Type Judgment, allowing it to run Will-O-Wisp to also check Dusk Mane, whilst its inability to effectively take on Ho-Oh due to not having Toxic, Water-type Judgment or Refresh is less detrimental due to having Mega Diancie on the team.

Shoutout to Terracotta who came up with pretty much the same team by himself and has helped me with a lot of other teams

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
Toxic Spikes + DD Zygarde Balance | Provided by Terracotta

This team struggles more vs. Arceus-Ground and Mixed Primal Groudon than we're looking for in a balance sample. Calm Mind Arceus-Ground is scary, and you basically have to somehow keep Arceus-Water unscathed so you can Toxic it, and then try to switch between teammates to stall it. Mixed Primal Groudon and Swords Dance Arceus-Ground pressure Arceus-Water hard, and support Arceus-Ground is highly irritating. There's also not really any kind of defense from Ghosts, but there is defense against Marshadow. The structure of this team simply accepts too much weakness from Grounds and overloads Arceus-Water in order to cover other major threats well.

This team could probably reach the standard we're looking for with a minor structural change, and we're discussing adding this team to samples with that change.

==========

Primal Kyogre + Zygarde Balance | Provided by TheSnoozySea

This team lacks any kind of Ground resist or Ground immunity. Pokemon such as Primal Kyogre and Zygarde-C are representative of current USM metagame, but this team does not meet the fundamental structural qualities needed in a sample team.

==========

Mega Diancie + Gothitelle Bulky Offense | Provided by Serial EKiller

This team has a strong concept behind it, but ultimately struggles too much vs. Ho-Oh and a few other threats. Ho-Oh switches into several members with relatively low risk and most of the team can't really do anything to it. Arceus-Dragon can't do much vs. Ho-Oh, and runs the set it does to help vs. issues against Pokemon such as Necrozma-DM and Mega Lucario while still trying to cover Primal Groudon and Mega Salamence. Of the three potential reactive checks, only one can do much back and is simultaneously on a timer and crippled by burns. A team with defensive Ho-Oh and anti-hazard support that is not trapped by Goth should be a clean 6-0. The team also has major problems with Life Orb Marshadow, which can threaten several members while the team only has a single proactive check - Scarf Yveltal. The team also has issues vs. Toxic Primal Groudon, but this is easier to play around in practice.

Primal Kyogre + Zygarde Balance | Provided by SleepySea

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 100 SpA / 156 Spe
Timid Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Glare
- Haze
- Thousand Arrows
- Rest

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Defog
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn

EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Recover

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

I made a few tiny tweaks to the team that got rejected and found it to be a little better. I first made an early prototype of this team in early USM and had huge success in the ladder with it. Although many changes has been made since then, the concepts remains, and that is the synergy between Glare Zygarde and Sub CM Primal Kyogre. In terms of fire power, Primal Kyogre is one of the heavist hitters in the ubers tier. However, due to it's mediocre speed tier and low physical bulk, it lacks longevity in a fight. Zygarde is able to help Primal Kyogre in these two aspects with amazing glare support and the fact that Zygarde is a check to all strong physical attackers. 252HP ensures Primal Kyogre is able to soak up as much damage as possible as well as neutral Judgement not breaking substitute after a +1. 156 speed with a timid nature ensures it outspeeds Dusk Mane Necrozma and Smeargle. Choice scarf Yveltal makes a good partner as it is able to set up momentum with u-turn, as well as being a check to rare psychic types. Scarf Yveltal itself makes a mediocre or even bad defogger, however thanks to spikes support from Ferrothorn, most of the time it is just needed to defog in few circumstances, one being dealing with Webs offense. Double dance Dusk Mane brings in much needed offensive presence to the table and is able to punch huge holes into teams and given the right chances, has potential to break stall and more defensive teams. It also serves as a check to Fairy types such as Xerneas, Arceus fairy and Magearna. Ferrothorn is a good spike setter that synergise well with Primal Kyogre and Dusk mane due to its ability to pressure teams with spikes and set in mons into KO range, as well as being a reliable Primal Kyogre check, back up check for xerneas and some support arceus formes. Furthermore, Ferrothorn is able to bait in Fire types such as Primal Groudon and Ho-oh enabling Primal Kyogre to switch in with the right predictions. Fairyceus is a reliable Yveltal counter and is able to set up stealth rocks. Although this team lacks Primal Groudon, it can fairly compensate with that lost.

wishkiller (i swear it's better in practice)

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Substitute

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Roar
- Hidden Power Fire

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

Bisharp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Foul Play
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head

while this team can be tweaked to counterteam specific players in tours, this variant is perfectly suitable for general ladder play. sub taunt toxic keldeo is extremely good versus stall, where alot of mons rely on continuous defog/status to wear opposing teams down. 30% burn chance from scald helps deal with recover spammers like sableye and stuff that's immune to toxic. venusaur is the primary kyogre/xern check, will easily eat a +2 moonblast and can proceed to seeds/synth. roar is for phazing if you have hazards up or the xern has psyshock. hp fire helps with the team's weakness to bulky steels, especially ferro, as venu can switch in and deny it leech seed recovery. heatran is the sr setter and pdon answer, although you should be careful to not have your balloon popped upon switchin or you'll have to choose between rocks/damage. edge is there to hit ho-oh. chansey just walls the fuck out of almost every special attacker and helps venu deal with pogre bcuz synth is nerfed under rain. can also act as a soft pdon answer (sets without atk investment can't 2hko), default moves other than thunder, thunder has a 60% chance to paralyze thanks to serene grace and ensures u don't get hard walled by taunt yveltal. alternatively you could run mud slap to be especially irritating to your opponent, in which case natural cure should be the ability used. skarmory is the physical wall and checks mence, sd arc formes, and marshadow. bisharp is a secondary sd arceus answer and outspeeds sd ultra necrozma by a single point. foul play deals with physical setup sweepers, and stone edge is there for ho-oh. low kick can also be run if steels such as ferro and lucario become especially problematic. now the bad news is lucario is a nightmare for this team; however many teams with lucario are offensive in nature and easily worn down by hazards. some other mons such as ho-oh, and rock tomb pdon are also pretty threatening but those can all be played around. there's no defog on this team, the hazard control is basically forcing your opponent to defog. overall the lack of common mons and sets can make this team work surprisingly effectively.

HexSpam + Band Ho-Oh Balance | Provided by Kyogre Is GR8

1515100780906.png
1515120431272.png
1515100827135.png
1515120423499.png
1515100833841.png
1515100839425.png

This team at the core was constructed around Mega-Gengar. Gengar + Banded Ho-Oh pose wallbreaking capabilities. Phys def Yveltal allows you to deal with the likes of Marshadow/Necorzma-DM, opposing Yveltals depending scouts and can be used to scout. It also has triple defog being that this is a Ho-Oh team with Dragonceus running Dual status and defog. Knock off Yvel helps wear down fatter teams as well knock off scarf so that Gengar is able to trap. Zygarde and PDon are there for support. SpDef PDon allows you to deal with the likes of Xern, and POgre both of which can threaten this team. Mega-Gengar is generally there for revenge killing and trapping key threats. Icy Wind allows Scarf to Yveltal to be dealt with.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Icy Wind
- Hex
- Sludge Wave
- Substitute

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Glare
- Rest
- Dragon Tail

Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 156 SpD / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Def / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Defog
- Toxic

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Precipice Blades
- Roar

Yveltal @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- Knock Off

Last edited:
GeoXern Bulky Offense

1515195513652.png
1515195523108.png
1515195544037.png
1515195549990.png
1515195555052.png
1515195560473.png

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 172 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Sludge Wave

Yveltal @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Draco Meteor

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Thunder Wave

Although Xerneas requires more support to sweep due to the introduction of Magearna and Dusk Mane, once its checks are worn down or removed it can easily end games. Hidden Power Rock over Thunder is used for the security against Ho-Oh, while other Thunder targets can be trapped or worn down into range of another attack by its teammates. Hex Mega Gengar picks off Dusk Mane and various other checks to Xerneas while providing general trapping and revenge killing utility. Specs Yveltal is a very potent threat with Fairyceus covered by Mega Gengar, and weakens Magearna for Xerneas with Heat Wave. Due to its greater longevity and ability to win Oblivion Wing wars it also lessens the defensive burden on Xerneas in checking opposing Yveltal, and allows Xerneas to run more physical defense EVs for Dusk Mane and Primal Groudon. Restalk Primal Kyogre, Hex Giratina-Origin and Defensive Stealth Rock Primal Groudon provide the defensive backbone, checking threats such as Primal Groudon, Necrozma-DM, Xerneas and Primal Kyogre, while also bringing Stealth Rock, Defog and a status absorber. While they can be worn down and broken through eventually, with proper play they should last long enough to weaken opposing threats enough for Mega Gengar to pick them off or for GeoXern to find an opportunity to sweep.

This is my contribution to the sample teams: a simple, regular psyspam team.

1008 SpA
Cloyster-Tapu Lele-Deoxys A-Primal Groudon-Mega Scizor-Xerneas

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Icicle Spear
- Rapid Spin
- Shell Smash

Tapu Lele @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 168 HP / 240 Atk / 36 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn

This is a simple hyper-offensive, psyspam team:
1.- Cloyster is your lead most of the time; its mission is to put a single spike, then you can do as you please. Jolly is better than Adamant imo, so it can put spikes more reliably. If you foresee a taunt (like Gengar or Yveltal), attack with spear instead, then switch if you can. It is also your hazard cleaner, so be careful; your Deoxys needs no rocks to rekt!!!

2.- Tapu Lele is your psy terrain setter. Terrain extender gives Deoxys more time to sweep, which is nice. Timid nature with max SpA and speed evs will give you some staying power in case you need it. I personally use my Tapu Lele with a choice scarf, same Evs as before and a Modest nature, but that's my choice. Lele is expendable after doing his job, which is after put terrain, so let her die if you need in order to get Deoxys safely.

3.- Deoxys-A. 1008 SpA. That's the raw power of Deo after a nasty plot boost. Your +2 terrain-boosted Psychics will OHKO most of the meta; only exceptions are psy-resistant mons, which is why you have coverage moves. The only mons that don't die to this monster are: dusk necro, magearna, ferro and arc-steel. Max SpA and speed evs with a modest nature (don't use timid, you will lose power and therefore, you will be unable to OHKO defensive arceus, ho-oh and other mons). With Modest nature, your only worries are timid mewtwo-y, pheromosa and scarf users like goddamn ygod). Anyways, this mon will sweep entire teams. 1008 SpA goddamit!!!

4.- Primal don is for coverage, to kill shitty mons like ho-oh that can ruin your day. Double dance is tricky tbh, but you can use any set besides SR. A really nice mon.

5.- Mega Scizor will help you deal with xern and some other fairy behemoths like arc fairy. DO NOT USE BULLET PUNCH ON PSY TERRAIN. It's tricky, but it is your best mega option here (mew2 y sucks, believe me). Besides, mega scy is your best answer to stall: your best answer to ferro and chansey.

6.- Your last slot is z-geo xern. In case everything failed, use it. Bold nature, max HP and 176 EVs on def will avoid being 2HKO'd by dusk mane. 84 speed to outspeed max spe pdon. You need to weaken its checks with your other options to use it. Resttalk will cause your moonblast hit 50% of the time.

How it works:
Set spikes, set terrain and attack. Simple as that.

Checks and counters:

Scarf ygod: this mon is a pain in the ass, it can flinch your cloyster, kill your deo on psyterrain, and damage your precious xern. Cloyster at +2 will kill it tho, just like xern.

Ho-oh: only a +2 psychic on terrain will kill it. Otherwise your don should do the job.

Dusk necro: A booster dark pulse wont kill it, but you have plenty of options, like don and even scizor. Weaken him enough

Ferro: will survive a +2 psychic so you need to weaken it. Plus will resist a +3 moon blast. Scizor works really good against it.

Magearna: keep your don alive because you will need it. It lose like 60% of its health with a +2 psychic. Do not let them steal your boosts!

Marshadow and other priority users: always have your terrain on when fighting these mons. You need spikes to broke his sash.

Other scarf users: use Lele to probe for scarf users.

Well, enjoy your psyspam team.

Last edited:
Primal Kyogre + Zygarde Balance | Provided by TheSnoozySea

This team lacks any kind of Ground resist or Ground immunity. Pokemon such as Primal Kyogre and Zygarde-C are representative of current USM metagame, but this team does not meet the fundamental structural qualities needed in a sample team.
I'm sorry to intrude here, but I don't understand your reasoning. Zygarde-C basically hard counters Pdon, especially given it has Haze. I realize that this is not my team, but can you please look at it again, and give a better reason to reject it should you decide to do so?

Frigus

Banned deucer.
Scarf xern cm ogre offense

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Defog
- Aromatherapy

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam

Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Earthquake

EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 124 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Double Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Naive Nature
- Eruption
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt

So here’s a team I made day 1 of usm Ubers that I’ve grown to really adore (after tweaking a few sets ofc). The build itself is fairly intuitive and I feel an offensive route is the optimal way to go around it. Scarf xern lets you have a strong revenge killer and sweeper that can beat yveltal while also being able to multitask and aromatherapy/defog if need be. Ogre was my second choice for this team as the cm set is exceptionally good at breaking a shitton of stuff. It also forces out mons that xern can have trouble with sweeping with while they are around, such as ferrothorn and pdon, and has a p good matchup vs a lot of balance and quite a few stalls. The necro was originally ultra but I changed it as I fell the z sunsteel set is exceptionally better, especially on this team. It functions as both a sweeper and unmatched wall breaker in one. Can be especially good vs certain webs and hyper offense, while also breaking p much most stall teams. It also gives me a fairy sponge and a more reliable way of checking geo xern. Mence was my next option as it gave me a ground resist, an alternate way of forcing out and pressuring certain fat arc forms then revenging then with xern, and also the very useful intimidate which aids vs a bunch of stuff such as pdon, certain offensive arc forms, marshadow ect. Primal groudon was next as it gives me a rocker, an ogre switch in, and a way to decimate a lot of fat arc forms that try to invalidate your rocks. I originally had a more fat pdon set but it rarely did anything and I found that this pdon set was especially good at baiting mence out and does really well vs balance. Last slot is yvetal, gives me a form of priority, a ghost resist to help vs stuff like lunala, another ground resist and taunt to make sure I don’t lose momentum vs stuff like geo xern. It’s also very helpful vs some stalls.

I really enjoy this team as I think it combines a lot of the more favourable meta trends and can really hold its own vs every archetype. It went 5-0 in ubers kickoff and I got to like no5 on ladder with it so I’d like to think it works.

I'm not entirely sure if my team is great in others' perspective, but I will give a shot anyway.

Egg + AV Ttar Balance by DawnManeDuskWings

chansey.png
ttar.png
giraoicon.png
mgaricon.png
groudon-primalicon.png
arceus-fairyicon.png

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Confide
- Toxic
- Wish

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 224 HP / 76 Atk / 168 Def / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Hex
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hex
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 240 HP / 56 Def / 212 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Overheat
- Precipice Blades
- Toxic

EVs: 208 HP / 108 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Stone Edge
- Recover

Personal opinion here, but Chansey is able to justify itself to fit in certain balance archetypes thanks to it being significantly bulkier than Blissey. This means it can support its team easier. Heal Bell is not opted for since Chansey will mostly be absorbing status and essentially any Pokemon that inflicts status will be vulnerable to Mega Gengar. Assault Vest Tyranitar surprisingly works well as a check to Mega Gengar, Lunala, Mewtwo, and Gothitelle, all of which are otherwise massive headaches to the team. Simply employing Earthquake prevents it from being set up on Naganadel, Lucario, and Blaziken. Giratina-O and Primal Groudon are now formidable teammates thanks to Chansey solving their theoretical weakness in being worn down. Mega Gengar takes advantage of the vast number of status moves this team has to offer and excels at feasting on statused teams mid or late game while it improves matchup against stall teams in general. Arceus-Fairy covers this team's stacked weakness to Yveltal and Marshadow while luring Steel-types like DM and burning them using Will-O-Wisp.

In summary, this team, with Wish support from the blob, keeps bulky offensive threats healthy to make up passivity that is usually an issue in status-reliant teams. Often times Tyrantiar ends KO'ing or weakening threats that set up on it for Mega Gengar to pick them up.

UltraInstinctJJoy

Banned deucer.
XYZ Balance: Bold and Brash | Provided by UltraInstinctJJoy

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

Zygarde-Complete @ Leftovers
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Glare
- Haze
- Rest

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 248 SpA / 56 SpD / 132 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Rock Tomb

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Roar
- Toxic

The primary aim of this team is to cover and overwhelm as many offensive and defensive threats commonly found in USM Ubers as possible. Scarf Xerneas allows this team to have a form of speed control and does an absolutely fantastic job of threatening commonly found offensive threats, most notably, Yveltal, Marshadow, and Mega Salamence. It also serves as this teams only cleric and lastly can spread status with Toxic, if need be - which is useful of shortening the lifespan of Primal Groudon and various Support Arceus forms. Thunder was used over other options such as Focus Blast and Defog (which is difficult to use at times and generates quite a lot of pressure on Xerneas) as it can hit Ho-Oh and Toxapex on the switch and can 2HKO almost all variants. Additionally, the 30% Paralysis chance is a nice bonus (21% when factoring in accuracy). A standard LO Offensive Yveltal truly thrives in USM Ubers - it serves to defeat many defensive threats through the use of Taunt and can also revenge kill weakened offensive threats via Sucker Punch. Most notably however, Yveltal deals massive and often lethal amounts of damage to offensive threats such as Dusk Mane Necrozma, Mega Gengar, Lunala, and Marshadow as well as denting defensive threats and KOing Gothitelle, which can otherwise be somewhat problematic for this team. Zygarde-Complete, truly does complete the XYZ Balance Core of this team. The speed EVs given allow it to out speed the standard Double Dance Dusk Mane Necrozma and then proceed to defeat it thanks to Haze. The combination of Haze and Glare works extremely well, as Zygarde can eliminate boosts from set up sweepers and proceed to cripple them. Several Balance teams in USM Ubers struggle against Mixed Primal Groudon; therefore the inclusion of Arceus-Water was absolutely necessary. It is not pressured much by Mixed Primal Groudon, and consequently, Arceus-Water can Toxic Stall it out or weaken it sufficiently enough for another member of the team (either Xerneas or Yveltal) to knock it out. Arceus-Water also plays a pivotal role of Hazard Control, which really is imperative for this team. This team was still weak to Xerneas and Primal Kyogre - two threatening sweepers that all Balance Teams should be prepared for. Therefore, since this team lacked any form of Entry Hazards, a reactive check in the form of Primal Groudon was utilized as well as a proactive check in the form of Mega Venusaur. Primal Groudon can be an annoyance to several threats commonly found in USM Ubers, in particular, Rock Tomb prevents set up sweepers such as Mega Salamence from garnering any Speed Boosts while Overheat allows me to slam other threats such as Yveltal and OHKO them thanks to the sheer power of Overheat in the sun. Lastly, Mega Venusaur may seem like an extremely unorthodox and rather outclassed choice at first glance. However, upon closer inspection, it plays an extremely unique role which almost no other Pokemon can claim - that is, it can successfully defeat both Geomancy Xerneas and Sub CM Primal Kyogre 1v1, as it easily tanks a +2 Moonblast from the former and a boosted Origin Pulse from the latter - and can proceed to Leech Seed and Synthesis repeatedly, thus walling them. Roar was utilized to phaze and defeat Sub CM Primal Kyogre, which is probably the Pokemon this team would otherwise struggle with the most. Toxic is again used to spread status and cripple switchins such as Primal Groudon. No team can be perfect in USM Ubers, and though this team may have a few problems, specifically against CM Arceus-Ground (which is rarely ever seen but can be dealt with either by means of Toxic Stall or phazing), Gothitelle (needs to be played around carefully, though Yveltal, Primal Groudon, and Xerneas to a lesser extent, all heavily pressure it), the lack of a Flying Resist (which is a rather trivial issue because of the various ways of dealing with offensively oriented Flying Pokemon) and lastly, certain builds primarily utilizing stall (which again, can be played around). In summation, this team truly does an excellent job of covering and overwhelming the vast majority of offensive and defensive threats that are commonly found in the tier - and is truly representative of what can be expected from a well built Balance Team.

Edit: I'd like to thank Terracotta for helping me refine this team and optimize it. You're truly the best!

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
Primal Kyogre + Zygarde-C Balance | Provided by TheSnoozySea

This team has multiple lynchpin Pokemon that are trapped and eliminated via Shadow Tag. The team is also somewhat weak to Geomancy Xerneas as the only check is Necrozma-DM, which does not have any kind of recovery. Teams that utilize Xerneas + Mega Gengar or Yveltal + Mega Gengar are strong in the USM metagame, are fairly common, and have a good matchup against this team. With four Pokemon that are readily threatened by Ho-Oh, no Sleep Talk on Zygarde-C, lack of a cleric, and a Primal Kyogre that is OHKOed after SR, Ho-Oh can be an annoyance for this team. The sole anti-hazard Pokemon is a Scarf Yveltal, which can be easy to get SR damage on and subsequently chip down. The result is that offensive Grounds can intermittently break or clean when played well. Apart from these and some questionable detailing, this is otherwise a good team structure.

==========

Wishkiller | Provided by Dominatio

This is not an Uber team. The premise of this team is an attempt to counter major Uber threats without utilizing Ubers mons, rather than an attempt to achieve a particular goal in the most efficient way possible with consideration of the elements available in the tier. This team is neither representative of the USM metagame nor does it have its own progressive metagame agenda. I appreciate the thoughtful post and I'm sure other users appreciate having this infamous team made available to them, but this is not the kind of build that should be featured as a sample.

==========

Hex Spam Balance | Provided by Kyogre is GR8

It doesn't make much structural sense that this team elects to use Arceus-Dragon. As a result, this team finds itself much more annoyed by Xerneas, Arceus-Fairy, and Mega Diancie than it would otherwise. This team's Yveltal check is Yveltal, which forgoes Toxic and has no way to readily threaten offensive Yveltal regardless. Ho-Oh, with relatively low SpD bulk at that, is not sufficient to cover Dark-types. This team hedges the hazard war on the utilization of triple Defog, which is inefficient and indicative of a lack of refinement. This team also lacks any kind of Flying-type or Dragon-type resistances, leaving it more vulnerable to an array of offensive Pokemon than a balance should be.

==========

Geomancy Bulky Offense | Provided by Serial EKiller

One of the more threatening Pokemon to this structure is Xerneas, which is apparent in the detailing of the build. Primal Groudon elects to dump high investment into SpD bulk alongside the utilization of the uncommon Thunder Wave in order to maximize defense against Geomancy Xerneas. Similar strategies are in place to try and mitigate issues vs. Mega Salamence (no Flying-type resist) and Necrozma-DM. This team lacks strong RK potential + anti-HO Pokemon or techs and must rely instead on the invested bulk of Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, and Giratina-O to try and stop said threats. Otherwise, this structure is rather solid and has good methods of breaking + offensive synergy. The council will debate further and potentially discuss with other players as to if this team will make a good sample.

==========

Psyspam Offense | Provided by apoteosis

This team lacks any kind of Ground resist or Ground immunity. Major threats such as RP Primal Groudon and RP Necrozma-DM can trounce this team. Mega Scizor does not make sense on this team - both from an archetype standpoint and the conflict between Bullet Punch and Psychic Terrain. The fundamental structural qualities of this team do not meet sample standards, nor is this team representative of a strong Tapu Lele offense.

After Minority's feedback in my RMT, I think I feel confident enough to post a team in this thread.

Ultra Sun Hyper Offense

>

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Swords Dance
- Sunsteel Strike
- Knock Off

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Toxic
- Overheat

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Facade

Arceus @ Chople Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Marshadow @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This hyper offense team is constructed to make use of Necrozma forms’ abilities to sweep or break past bulky obstacles and helps check a big portion of the metagame. Primal Groudon is the team’s Stealth Rock setter and equipped with Overheat to help synergize an offensive breaking core with Xerneas and Mega Salamence to tear down teams so Necrozma can have an easier time sweeping. Xerneas checks Dark and Dragon types while the latter checks physical attackers and absorbs Burn via Facade that is aimed for crippling Necrozma. The last 2 anti-offense Pokémon can finish things up as they appreciate Necrozma's ability to blast through defensive threats: E-Killer provide Ghost immunity and picks off threatening set-up sweepers while Marshadow helps the team against Mega Gengar, Necrozma forms and set-up attackers.

Last edited:

Stoward

Ah, you're finally awake

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 32 HP / 124 Def / 200 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Substitute

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 152 Atk / 44 SpD / 160 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Rock Tomb

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover
Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Foul Play
- Defog

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Thunder

This is a team I built in the first week of USM as basically a testing squad for my Primal Kyogre analysis, as I hadn't really used the Sub + CM Variant, so the first mon that was chosen in this squad was naturally Primal Kyogre.
  • Sub + CM Primal Kyogre is a fantastic Wallbreaker, being able even break through Pokemon that tend to act as dedicated checks to it such as Ferrothorn, Blissey, and Chansey.
  • Primal Groudon is nigh mandatory on just about any team in USM Ubers, and naturally it found its way onto this team too, as it provides this team with a solid physical wallbreaker, a Stealth Rock setter, a mandatory soft-check to Xerneas and Necrozma-DM, and a more effective means of threatening Ferrothorn and the blobs.
  • Ferrothorn was placed on the team so that I could have a switchin to Primal Kyogre, a secondary answer to Xerneas, and a Toxic immunity. It also provided this team with Spikes and forms a solid FWG core with Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre.
  • Arceus-Ground was the next addition to the team, as it is essential for Primal Kyogre to have a solid answer to Primal Groudon. I initially had defog instead of Toxic on Arceus-Ground, but I felt like it was a fair bit of a momentum drain, and I disliked the fact that Arceus-Ground was hard walled by Ho-Oh, so I opted to run Toxic, which allowed for Arceus-Ground to wear down foes, easing the process of Primal Kyogres sweeping.
  • Choice Scarf Yveltal was then placed on this this team, as this team was missing a Ground immunity and some speed control. While Timid Scarf Yveltal may appear sub-optimal, and Defog might appear like a momentum drain, as U-turn is such a useful move. I felt it necessary to have Defog on this team, as it's not a HO, but I didn't see it necessary to have it on a dedicated support Pokemon, as nothing on this team is really that weak to entry hazards.
  • Xerneas is then placed on this team to give it some more offensive pressure as well as provide the team with a brilliant late-game claner Xerneas appreciates having Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre and Arceus-Ground as teammates, as they can easily wear down or KO opponent's dedicated checks to Xerneas.
So yeah, at the end of the day, there's nothing that fancy or innovative about this team, but to be completely honest, that's exactly what sample teams should be, something that gives a decent representation of the USM Ubers metagame, rather than something innovative or different. The lack of a cleric can make this team quite easily worn down by Toxic Spam, especially if the Toxic user outpaces Primal Kyogre and manages to Toxic it before it sets up its substitute. Ultra-Necrozma can be quite threatening, as my only means of beating it is by revenge-killing with Choice Scarf Yveltal, and despite having two potential checks to Xerneas, at the end of the day, this team is still weak to Xerneas. Anyway, I hope the council enjoys looking at my team and I look forward to receiving their response!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)