The Solution (Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

Tapu Bulu with Wood Hammer will mess anything's day up no problem. It does have a lot of counters, such as Celesteela, Heatran, Dragonite, etc. which all have a 4x resistance to its staple move in this set, Wood Hammer, but that's what the rest of the team is for. So long as the pokemon isn't super tanky, it usually does massive damage. Even with a 2x resistance, I've hit Magnezones for 80% with Wood Hammer, not even using superpower. It's a bit insane.

The Iron Maiden (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Protect

Overall, Celesteela plays the role that Heatran plays, albeit more passive. The primary use for it is to counter ground, steel, and poison types, all of which at least 2 teammates are weak to. Leech seed is great for holding out just that little bit longer, and can even be used to help another teammate recover some HP.

Infernace (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Hidden Power [Psychic]
- Flash Cannon

Heatran counters any fire-type shenanigans that threaten Tapu Bulu such as Blacephalon, Charizard, Volcarona, and yes, other Heatrans, and can deal with then in kind. Not only does it deal with fire-types well, it deals with steel-types as well, being a great switch in to Magnezone, Bisharp, and other prominent threats in OU, covering for both Clefable and Tapu Bulu. And its resistance to poison is very useful as well.

Pix (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

Clefable is the general resistance for this team. It switches in well to most things, and can easily deal with swords dance / nasty plot sweepers. Also can slightly counter its own weaknesses in the form of Flamethrower. Not much else to say, it's just a general defensive beast.

Londor Shade (Greninja) (M) @ White Herb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Taunt

The general purpose suicide lead as well as decent switch-in, Greninja compliments most other mons in the team fairly well. Lose Heatran and your fire resistance? Greninja can serve as a good alternative, despite its lacking defenses. Taunt is great for shutting down any hazard setters, as Greninja is faster than most things with access to Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes. It also hits pretty hard, and is capable of dealing with fairies for Latias. It's more of a swiss army knife, capable of being a specially offensive anti-hazard mon.

Redd (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock

Latias is a general purpose healer and sweeper. If Greninja fails in dealing with hazards, Latias can simply defog and solve the problem. Teammates low on health? Wish away your worries. Everything else is dead and you're up against a wall? Calm mind Psyshock saves the day again. Although it lacks a good way of quick self-healing, it is an invaluable member of the team, often saving games and clutching with ease. Seriously, I cannot tell you how many games I have come so close to losing and then turned it around with Latias. To be completely honest, its wish doesn't come into play that often, but when it does, it is an absolute savior. I like to think of Latias as a safety net. Also, it switches into water really well.

Last edited:
Hey, pretty nice team here and I have just a few nitpicks.

White Herb>Life Orb (Greninja) I really don’t see any use for white Herb on your Gren, and LO just bolsters your offensive presence for Gren.

HP Psychic (and if you want Flash Cannon)> Taunt (and Toxic). I don’t see any use for HP on your Tran here, taunt fits very well, allowing you to trap and kill Chansey, Toxapex (only if it switches into a taunt), and others. If you want to make it specially defensive, then run toxic too. But I like the the more offensive oriented Tran on ur team.

Heatran has HP-Psychic to deal with fighting types. Although, there are better ways to do it, I've had it kill an enemy when they expected me to switch to Latias. This happens so often. And nobody ever uses HP-P.

That works I guess, what does it heavily damage? M Lopunny? I don’t see why they would switch into Heatran. Plus you have quite a few ways to deal with fighting types (Latias, Bulu, Clefable). Taunt would help you beat Chansey, CP Clef, Toxapex, and other threats your team (Stall).

My apologies on commenting on a week long thread about a team you may no longer be using, but I wanted to give some feedback on your team.

Run more speed on Tapu Bulu, at least 144 EVs. It allows it to outspeed Band-Tar, who would otherwise outspeeds and deals 70% minimum with Stone Edge. Considering Tapu Bulu spends most it's time spamming Wood Hammer, it's never at full health, so 70% should be enough for Tar to RK it. I'd also consider replacing one of its coverage moves with Horn Leech. Personally, I find that Grassy Terrain isn't enough when Wood Hammer is being spammed, and Banded Horn Leech hits very hard anyways. Besides, Bulu really doesn't need that much coverage anyways.

Replace Latias with Mega-Latias, it's a direct upgrade for you.

Change Clefable from 252 SpA Modest to 252 Def Bold. Most of your team is very passive, allowing sweepers to set up easily. Clefable is your answer to that problem, but even with Unaware it dies without additional bulk investment. Vs Mega-Pinsir, a common sweeper that your team relies on Clefable to beat: 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Clefable: 295-348 (74.8 - 88.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery. If hazards are up, it has a small chance to OHKO.

I'm going to echo Slakinglike recommendation to get rid of Hidden Power Psychic. Trapper Heatran really needs a moveset for taunt, and running a move to kill something your team already has multiple counters to doesn't make sense. Anything you'd want Hidden Power Psychic for outspeeds you, and none of them want to switch into Magma Storm, so the move's pretty useless anyways.

Overall, this team has a massive problem with offensive presence and speed. The team heavily leans on Tapu Bulu in order to damage other teams, however most of the time this isn't enough. In addition, your main win-con is can't touch Dark types. This team plays very similar to stall, but it has a Tapu Bulu and Greninja. If you want to make it a stall team, take out the aforementioned members and replace them with something that helps the defensive backbone, like Toxapex or Ferrothorn. If you want to make it balance, give Latias an offensive moveset and replace one of Heatran, Celesteela, or Clefable with something more threating offensively. It doesn't need to be fast and frail, Landorus-T would do wonders helping your team actually win. Right now, this team is a weird mix of balance and stall that loses to every other common team. Even with the changes I suggested, the team will struggle immensely against Stall, while not being incredible. In your next RMT, an overview on your thoughts building team and how it functions would help a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)