ORAS OU RMT M Lopunny + Meloetta

Sup guys, this is my first RMT, and this is one of my favorite teams I've been using a couple months now. Wanted to base a solid, offensive team around M Lopunny.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

So I start out with the basic M Lopunny spread, nothing special except I wanted to run Ice Punch over Power-Up or Quick Attack since Garchomp and Lando can wear my team down extremely fast if Tangrowth gets statused, weakened, etc.

Meloetta @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Next, I wanted to run a strong special attacker who can beat M-Lops counters that doesn't see much competitive play and people don't know what it does. So of course I chose the underappreciated Meloetta. Psychic for STAB to destroy Amoongus, M Venusaur, Conkeldurr. The poison and fighting types that can come in freely on Lopunny. Hyper Voice for STAB, mostly so I can hit certain dark types comes in without having to go for Focus Miss, like a Weavile with Rocks up gets OHKO'd by Hyper Voice, and Bisharp and Ttar as well as Ferrothorn and Heatran have to hope the Focus Blast misses. HP Ice I find is very nice on Meloetta as most people will keep their Landorus, Gliscor, or Garchomp in on Meloetta since people don't know what it does, and that saves Rocky Helmet chip damage on Lopunny.

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Lax Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off

Next I needed a switch in for ground types as I just get swept by Excadrill in sand or Scarf Lando, so phys def Tangrowth seemed the best option. Knock Off, Sleep Powder, and Giga Drain are essential, but you could try changing Leech Seed to HP Fire or Earthquake if you prefer. I find Leech Seed the best set for my team as I don't have too much trouble taking down Ferrothorns or Heatrans.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Banded Azumarill is one of the best wallbreakers in OU, plus Banded Azu either 1hko or 2hko's every fairy in the tier that comes in on M Lopunny (Sylveon, Clefable, Klefki) and has enough bulk to eat up hits from everything. Knock Off preferred over Superpower as it hits Slowbro and Amoongus hard, which can be troublesome to the team.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Max speed Heatran is my Rocker, my fairy switch in, my Taunter to prevent set up from Zards, Dragonites, Clefables, Calm Mind Lati's, etc. We run Timid to outspeed the bulkier Heatrans so they don't get rocks up, as well as we outspeed even the fastest of M-Scizors that are trying to speed creep and kill us with +2 Superpower.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog

Lastly, I wanted a Defogger and while I hate that I use this mon so much, Latios is perfect with his many resists and ground immunity. He hits harder than Latias and I find we don't need Healing Wish as much as longevity on Latios with Roost so that Keldeos don't just beat our team if they predict our Lati correctly. Tbolt is ran to get surprise kills on things like Azumarill, and Skarmory who can wall the entire team if we lose Heatran. I find we don't need Psyshock with Meloetta as our more offensive Psychic pokemon.

Some replays of the team at work.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-484883065
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-482923055
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-482925114

Let me know if your recommend any changes to the team please. Thanks.

Hey there! Really nice team, it seems overall solid and i may try it out someday, but i'd so some changes:

I understand why you are using Meloetta, you want to try out new things and be unpredictable but it isn't a really valid reason if you want a competitively viable team, i also like Meloetta and i understand why it's funny to run her on an OU team but more skilled players see it coming, is pretty outclassed by other special wallbreakers and faces some issues such as being weak to dark (pursuit is a pretty big factor) and not having the biggest damaging STAB moves out there + Hyper Voice not hitting anything super effectively, i am sorry for wanting to get rid of Melo but my change seems to make the team more viable incase you or other people want that and you aren't forced to do that but:

Specs Hydreigon > Meloetta Specs Hydra has a similar job, it is a massive special wallbreaker, having STAB Draco Meteor boosted by Choice Specs, Dark Pulse as a consistent STAB and it is even better against Lopunny's checks since for example, it hits Slowbro super effectively and having an immunity to Spikes + resisting Pursuit instead of being trapped by it is nice so that's a change i'd do.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower

I'd also consider Belly Drum Azumarill > Band Azumarill since the team already has strong attackers but lacks a boosting sweeper, also Tangrowth and Amoonguss are really common in this meta and while they block CB Azumarill, Belly Drum beats them at +6. The team also seems to give fair support to BD Azumarill, it has Latios to let you set up on Tyranitar locked into Pursuit and if it doesn't sweep, it can end up atleast beating something or weakening the opposing team so Lopunny can clean it.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Some minor things are fixing the spread on your Tangrowth, it currently has a Lax Nature with no spD EVs, i'd change to the spread that appears on the smogon page as Tangrowth is a slow pokemon and there is basically no drawback on running Relaxed and those extra def EVs make pretty much no difference whereas 48 spD lets it live an Ice Beam from LO Starmie if you need to and helps a bit with Scald. I'd put Psyshock > Thunderbolt on Latios because the team doesn't have many issues with Skarmory, you have Heatran for that and by replacing Meloetta with Hydreigon, you lose psychic coverage and your matchup against Slowbro and Skarmory becomes better so there isn't much reason to use Thunderbolt. Lastly, you said that you prefered using Ice Punch on Lopunny on that team but i'd playtest with Power-Up-Punch/Quick Attack too as the team isn't very weak to Landorus-T but Ice Punch is probably also fine so you can break through them more easily so i'd play some battles and decide which move to run based on the results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)