RETURN OF THE DPL MEME THREAD BOIS

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've been getting a lot of questions from fans after the match about my performance, and after consulting with my managerial, and PR team they gave me the green light to let you all understand what's going on with me right now.

First of all I'm not upset about the result at all. When I entered this tournament it was always going to be about the memes, because of this there will never be any reason for me to be upset. I'm simply at the top of the meme game, The Smogon Doubles community is eons behind me. Lets take a look at the facts.

First of all I spent like an hour of yesterday on http://cooltext.com/ just a quick glance at this website shows you how easily I can capture the essence of irony. Is there anything funnier than using fonts reminiscent of Microsoft Word 2000 whilst being self-aware of the tacky consumer culture feeling behind them? No. But it doesn't just stop there. It's one thing being able to find such a useful resource, but it's another to be able to effortlessly pair it up with a secondary meme ingredient in order to spice it up and bring out it's true potential. And that's exactly what I do, take a look here at these god awful T-Shirts that only a cool dad would wear whilst listening to Huey Lewis and the News - https://www.bigdogs.com/ Once that's all been put together you end up with something truly magical, here's an example I produced in order to promote healthy discussion in the OU Suspect thread.

Taking the above example further you can see a few more important skills that not everyone posses. First up is my ability to break outside of memes from the Smogon Doubles community and slide right into different areas of the site. This isn't limited to just OU, I've also made successful forays into other areas of the site such as UU, Tournaments, and the Social Forums. The second thing I'm going to highlight is the ability to use unique templates, anyone can use those rehashed spongebob macros and slap something vaguely doubles related on it for a quick gag, but if you look around you soon realise you don't have to be shackled by the popular options, almost anything can be a meme if you try!

As a closing statement I'll leave you with this. Perhaps I didn't win my game, but I certainly don't feel like I lost. SamVGC has failed to instill defeat in my heart because I know I'm at the top of every game I'm involved in and it's gonna take a lot more than some half-baked Trick Room to knock me off the top spot.

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The fact that so many books still name SamVGC wins with TR as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” game of Smogon Doubles ever only tells you how far the tier still is from becoming a serious Smogon metagame. Pokemon critics have long recognized that the greatest winners of all times are ggfan and FashionStyle, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. OU critics rank the highly controversial ADVer go10 over more notable current gen OU Players such as ABR and Whitequeen who are highly popular in Pokemon sites across the internet. Doubles critics are still blinded by commercial success: SamVGC won faster than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore he must have been the greatest. Pokemon critics grow up watching a lot of Pokemon Battling of the past, OU critics grow up watching a lot of classical ADV of the past. Doubles critics are often totally ignorant of the battling of the past, they barely know the best matches of all time. No wonder they will think that SamVGC did anything worth of being saved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)