SM OU Rest Again Peacefully-SM OU

Hey guys, it's Wond3rbread back at it again with the RMT. I haven't made one of these in a while, but with Sun and Moon coming to an end, I thought I'd post one of my favorite ou teams of this generation.
Teambuilding Process
IMG_0283.PNG I decided to start with Mega Manectric as it's one of my personal favorite megas and is also one of the best in terms of speed.
IMG_0288.PNG Mega Manectric isn't the bulkiest mon around and I needed a special wall as well as a ground resist so tangrowth was the obvious choice
IMG_0285.PNG Mew has pretty good defensive synergy with Tangrowth and also serves as my check for pokemon like Zygarde, Landorus-t, and Mega medicham
IMG_0284.PNG I realized that my team didn't have a ton of offensive pressure and I also wanted a ground and electric immunity, so Lando fit the bill perfectly while also providing stealth rock and a uturn partner for Manectric
IMG_0286.PNG At this point I realized that fire types as well as fairies could be an issue for my team, as I had no resist to either typing on the team
IMG_0287.PNG I was worried about dealing with pokemon like charizard x and volcarona, so I wanted a scarfer that could provide as a secondary fire resist as well as a third member of the volturn core

An In-Depth Analysis
IMG_0289.GIF

Get Around (Manectric-Mega) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
While I'd be hard pressed to call this set some sort of innovation, it does get the job done. Thunderbolt is obligatory stab and Volt switch is used to gain momentum on switches. Hidden power ice is standard on electric pokemon to hit ground type speed such as Zygarde or Landorus-therian. Flamethrower is a nice coverage move to hit steels such as ferrothorn and other grass types that resist thunderbolt.
IMG_0290.GIF
Moms Spaghetti (Tangrowth) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
Tangrowth is a vital part of the defensive core of this team, as it takes on primary special threats such as Ash-Greninja and Tapu Koko while also being a check for SD Bulu and General ground type attacks. Giga Drain is nice stab that allows for HP recovery, and knock off is incredibly useful for removing items from pokemon that like to switchin to Tangrowth such as ferrothorn. Sludge bomb pressures fairies and is especially useful for not making me bulu fodder, and earthquake pressures Heatran which is appreciated by Mega Manectric.
IMG_0291.GIF
Hypnotize (Mew) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Defog
Mew is what would be called the glue of this team. It serves as my primary fighting resist, as well as my answer to common physically attackers like Zygarde, Medicham, and Landorus-therian. Will-o-Wisp is used to cripple physical attackers, and ice beam is a useful damaging move. Roost is a reliable form of recovery, and totally better than peasant moves like recover or soft-boiled. Defog allows mew to be a reliable form of hazard control that otherwise would annoy my team.
IMG_0292.GIF

TheStoryofOJ (Landorus-Therian) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
Landorus-T, the omnipotent king of OU, and with the new z-move to boot. Lando also provides A nice counterbalance to Manectric as a physical attacker, earthquake is a stab move that hits hard off of base 145 attack. Z-Fly allows Lando to do massive damage to ground resists like Tapu Bulu, and U-turn provides nice synergy with Mega Manectric. Stealth rocks allow you to punish the opponent for switching and is easily the best move in the game.
IMG_0293.GIF

Ether (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
Heatran is one of the best pokemon in the ou metagame. With its combination of typing, stats, and ability, it has great synergy with the team, providing a fire immunity,a poison immunity, a steel, fairy, psychic, bug, and grass resist. With substitute and toxic, it functions very well at breaking down slower, fat team's, with magma storm assisting via trapping the opponent. Earth power provides Heatran with a way to damage toxapex and more importantly opposing Heatran, who otherwise wouldn't completely wall this set.

IMG_0294.GIF
Paid In Full (Greninja) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick
Completing the Volturn core is Greninja, who is also my main revenge killer as with a scarf it outspeeds a majority of the unboosted metagame (and even most of the meta boosted to +1) as its quick speed and excellent coverage lend it to Bebe rather useful. Ice beam allows me to revenge kill dragons like sd garchomp while rock slide picks off Volcarona, which would be difficult to handle otherwise, especially hp ground variants. Low kick provides my team with fighting coverage, as the rest of my team lack it. U-turn allows me to pressure switches and gain momentum.

That basically sums up the team, hope you enjoyed! :]

I Get Around (Manectric-Mega) @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake

Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Defog

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick

Attachments

Hey guys, it's Wond3rbread back at it again with the RMT. I haven't made one of these in a while, but with Sun and Moon coming to an end, I thought I'd post one of my favorite ou teams of this generation.
Teambuilding Process
View attachment 89426 I decided to start with Mega Manectric as it's one of my personal favorite megas and is also one of the best in terms of speed.
View attachment 89428 Mega Manectric isn't the bulkiest mon around and I needed a special wall as well as a ground resist so tangrowth was the obvious choice
View attachment 89415 Mew has pretty good defensive synergy with Tangrowth and also serves as my check for pokemon like Zygarde, Landorus-t, and Mega medicham
View attachment 89416 I realized that my team didn't have a ton of offensive pressure and I also wanted a ground and electric immunity, so Lando fit the bill perfectly while also providing stealth rock and a uturn partner for Manectric
View attachment 89417 At this point I realized that fire types as well as fairies could be an issue for my team, as I had no resist to either typing on the team
View attachment 89419 I was worried about dealing with pokemon like charizard x and volcarona, so I wanted a scarfer that could provide as a secondary fire resist as well as a third member of the volturn core

An In-Depth Analysis
View attachment 89420

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
While I'd be hard pressed to call this set some sort of innovation, it does get the job done. Thunderbolt is obligatory stab and Volt switch is used to gain momentum on switches. Hidden power ice is standard on electric pokemon to hit ground type speed such as Zygarde or Landorus-therian. Flamethrower is a nice coverage move to hit steels such as ferrothorn and other grass types that resist thunderbolt.
View attachment 89421
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
Tangrowth is a vital part of the defensive core of this team, as it takes on primary special threats such as Ash-Greninja and Tapu Koko while also being a check for SD Bulu and General ground type attacks. Giga Drain is nice stab that allows for HP recovery, and knock off is incredibly useful for removing items from pokemon that like to switchin to Tangrowth such as ferrothorn. Sludge bomb pressures fairies and is especially useful for not making me bulu fodder, and earthquake pressures Heatran which is appreciated by Mega Manectric.
View attachment 89422
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Defog
Mew is what would be called the glue of this team. It serves as my primary fighting resist, as well as my answer to common physically attackers like Zygarde, Medicham, and Landorus-therian. Will-o-Wisp is used to cripple physical attackers, and ice beam is a useful damaging move. Roost is a reliable form of recovery, and totally better than peasant moves like recover or soft-boiled. Defog allows mew to be a reliable form of hazard control that otherwise would annoy my team.
View attachment 89423

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
Landorus-T, the omnipotent king of OU, and with the new z-move to boot. Lando also provides A nice counterbalance to Manectric as a physical attacker, earthquake is a stab move that hits hard off of base 145 attack. Z-Fly allows Lando to do massive damage to ground resists like Tapu Bulu, and U-turn provides nice synergy with Mega Manectric. Stealth rocks allow you to punish the opponent for switching and is easily the best move in the game.
View attachment 89424

Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
Heatran is one of the best pokemon in the ou metagame. With its combination of typing, stats, and ability, it has great synergy with the team, providing a fire immunity,a poison immunity, a steel, fairy, psychic, bug, and grass resist. With substitute and toxic, it functions very well at breaking down slower, fat team's, with magma storm assisting via trapping the opponent. Earth power provides Heatran with a way to damage toxapex and more importantly opposing Heatran, who otherwise wouldn't completely wall this set.

View attachment 89425
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick
Completing the Volturn core is Greninja, who is also my main revenge killer as with a scarf it outspeeds a majority of the unboosted metagame (and even most of the meta boosted to +1) as its quick speed and excellent coverage lend it to Bebe rather useful. Ice beam allows me to revenge kill dragons like sd garchomp while rock slide picks off Volcarona, which would be difficult to handle otherwise, especially hp ground variants. Low kick provides my team with fighting coverage, as the rest of my team lack it. U-turn allows me to pressure switches and gain momentum.

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake

Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Defog

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick

Ur team is extremely weak to both ash gren and magearna rn, and mega manetric isnt that good. I actually have a very similar team to this oddly enough but i have sould dew defog latios over mew and rock polish mega diancie. I also didnt have gren but if i recall protean low kick ohkos other greninjas, so that is really nice 4 this team.

Ur team is extremely weak to both ash gren and magearna rn, and mega manetric isnt that good. I actually have a very similar team to this oddly enough but i have sould dew defog latios over mew and rock polish mega diancie. I also didnt have gren but if i recall protean low kick ohkos other greninjas, so that is really nice 4 this team.
Hey there legend slayer, thanks for the rate! However, I'm not sure if I agree about your statement of being ash gren weak. Tangrowth comes in on a majority of sets, and both Mega Manectric and Scarf Greninja outspeed and revenge kill it. Magearna can be a potential issue if its the fightinium set, though that set generally has issues with mew, and cm magearna can be beat by the combo of heatran and scarf greninja.

Specs ice beam is gonna blow him back,especially in ash forme tbh. Id actually suggest gunk over ice beam on gren btw, as scarf lele does a lot as well, something i didnt mention before.

Hey there legend slayer, thanks for the rate! However, I'm not sure if I agree about your statement of being ash gren weak. Tangrowth comes in on a majority of sets, and both Mega Manectric and Scarf Greninja outspeed and revenge kill it. Magearna can be a potential issue if its the fightinium set, though that set generally has issues with mew, and cm magearna can be beat by the combo of heatran and scarf greninja.

Teambuilding Process
View attachment 89426 I decided to start with Mega Manectric as it's one of my personal favorite megas and is also one of the best in terms of speed.
View attachment 89428 Mega Manectric isn't the bulkiest mon around and I needed a special wall as well as a ground resist so tangrowth was the obvious choice
View attachment 89415 Mew has pretty good defensive synergy with Tangrowth and also serves as my check for pokemon like Zygarde, Landorus-t, and Mega medicham
View attachment 89416 I realized that my team didn't have a ton of offensive pressure and I also wanted a ground and electric immunity, so Lando fit the bill perfectly while also providing stealth rock and a uturn partner for Manectric
View attachment 89417 At this point I realized that fire types as well as fairies could be an issue for my team, as I had no resist to either typing on the team
View attachment 89419 I was worried about dealing with pokemon like charizard x and volcarona, so I wanted a scarfer that could provide as a secondary fire resist as well as a third member of the volturn core

An In-Depth Analysis
View attachment 89420

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
View attachment 89421
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
View attachment 89422
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Defog
View attachment 89423

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
View attachment 89424

Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

View attachment 89425
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake

Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Defog

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick

My first thought is I love Mega Man as well so underrated

Anyway I would switch rock onto Mew for Will-O because it is faster and bulkier plus since Mew is bulky it can take physical hits and roost off damage and you can use Swords Dance because Lando-T is so bulky
Other then that I think it is awesome and that is only my opinion also can youchack my OU thread it is Balanced Nasty Plot Alolan Ninetales (Mega Man is on the team)

Hello Wond3rbread, I am going to rate your team.

I think your team is relatively solid and furthermore, I have to admit myself I never used Mega Manectric much so I don't have much experience with it. However, I do have a couple a small changes that could possibly help finetune this team.

Firstly, the Mew set. I prefer a faster Mew set when not the the team doesn't have a Defensive Landorus-T. This set outspeeds Jolly Lando-T so situations of (SD) Fly-Z Lando-T, which is extremely common, picking up a free kill doesn't happen. Your own Lando-T is offensive so it will take a crap ton from Skystrike and Mew will drop to a Skystrike+EQ.
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Defog

Secondly, the Heatran set. So now that Dugtrio has been banned from OU, you can consider running Taunt on your Heatran to get rid of Toxapex and Clefable, two very irritating 'mons for your team as they can come in repeatedly on most of your team and proceed to stall the crap out of it. Your Lando-T is the only real way of doing some actual damage to these two 'mons.

For example, as your Heatran lacks Taunt, Clefable can proceed to stall Heatran out of Magma Storms and then set up Calm Mind on it and sweep your team if Lando-T has been removed. It can also come in on the majority of your team such as Manectric, Tangrowth, Greninja (as you lack Gunk Shot) if it wants to. In the case of Toxapex, it can also PP stall Magma Storms successfully if you don't get SpDef drop with Earth Power and proceed to Scald it down or set up Toxic Spikes.
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Thirdly, the Lando-T set. I'm suggesting you run the moveset Earthquake/Fly/Knock Off/Stealth Rock. While Knock Off may seem like a weird choice, I think your team's gameplan for fatter teams is to wear them down with Heatran and clean up with Manectric and Greninja so removing items from fat 'mons like Toxapex, Mew, Zapdos and Clefable can really help accomplish that. You naturall have a good matchup vs. Offense because of Manectric.

Also, I think you should run Jolly on your Lando-T. The last thing you want should you in a situation of Lando-T vs. Lando-T, should that happen, is the opposing one outspeeding and KOing you. Better to make it a speed tie eh?
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

->
Lastly, consider replacing Scarf Greninja with Scarf Keldeo. While you do give up Protean U-Turn which I know is really nice, it's never a bad thing to pair a team with defog Mew with Scarf Keldeo because it invites Heatran in to wreak havoc and it so happens your team doesn't deal well with it. While Greninja is also a Water resist, it is not a solid one. Keldeo is a lot more solid in that respect and also it can help to check AshGren more reliably than Scarf Greninja should there be a need to.

Paid In Full (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge
- Hydro Pump

This is the team with the changes I suggested should you decide to try them. Hope this helped.

Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake

EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Defog

Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Paid In Full (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge
- Hydro Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)