request for logo/mascot for my programming language

Good to see you're back, chaos.

I'm most certainly up for it. Sorry I never got around to the whole "naming" thing.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
I'm "sort of" back... not working on Smogon, but dropping by the forums every now and then. Much appreciated that you're helping me out on this.

Could I get some images using the mascot for it? The obvious first image to do is the main logo on the site. I was thinking of something small that could take the upper left corner of the page. Just something with the mascot "interacting" with the word "Sly" - I dunno, perhaps his tail is wrapped around/draped on one of the letters, or he is extending his cape (as if to sell you things within it) and the letters are on the inside, I dunno. You're creative, I suck. Gimme some ideas :)

sorry for not posting sooner.

Not dead, but slowed down by illness. I'll have the title graphic to you in another day or so.

-----STATUS EDIT 2-22-08------
As of Friday, February 22nd, I'm still relatively out of comission (physically, that is) but close to finishing. My sincerest apologies for the harsh delay on this one. If you decide to let me do more of these, they will certainly reach you faster!

Ok, back in action. Here's what I've got:

Our buddy the raccoon shows us what he enjoys most. I will gladly resize this if you need me to, since I suspect you intend to use this type of image in the same way aragornbird's coat-of-arms sits atop this site.

I did plenty of sketches. Here are a few:

That last sketch was the one I decided to run with.

So, I'd like to know what you think. Is my rendering good enough? Is the type all right? Would you rather see me use one of the other sketches? Perhaps start from square one?

I'll be happy to change whatever you like.

In any event, thank you for your patience in this process. Thanks as well for giving me the opportunity to help you out.

I'd like to say that the logo came out very well zracknel!

I think the whole idea of him lifting the cape into the logo like that is pretty nice. It's pretty sweet. Good work.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
zracknel, thats awesome. i'm really impressed! however, its a tad too big for "banner" purposes. is there any way you can make the sly text a bit smaller so the proportions are more appropriate?

thanks a lot for your help man.

Here are some re-sizes.

1) Slightly Smaller.

2) Notably Smaller.

3) Just in case you needed it really small.

I've done a sketch or two of our raccoon fellow beating down on Java's "Duke," but I haven't had the chance to polish them up just yet. I can probably have them up by the weekend, since the rest of the week is pretty busy for me.

If you have any other ideas of images you want, please feel free to say so.

I have every intent of seeing this project through to its completion. However, if you'd like some additional means by which to contact me, (i.e. instant messenger, e-mail) I will be happy to tell you.

chaos

Owner
thanks a lot for being on top of this. unfortunately, i have not been as of late (school, and starting to work on smogon again). later tonight ill check how those look and we'll talk about future directions to take with the art.

thanks again!

I hate to post without having work to show, but I've been slightly held up by work, mostly school-related. I'm going to need another day to get stuff together.

Sorry about the holdup!

Here are some sketches of our raccoon friend putting some hurt on Java's "Duke:"

1) The Sly Raccoon decides to play some golf with Duke.

2) "Give me all your lunch money, punk!"

3) Duke takes a dragon punch to the face.

Any of these look like they're worth polishing? Or, perhaps there's some other way you'd rather see Duke get pummeled? I'll be happy to whip together more sketches if you'd like.

I was thinking and maybe you could have an image of the racoon drinking tea out of a Java cup but there will be a bite out of the cup and the racoon will be smiling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)