[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

I was wondering if anyone knows if this poke is hacked:

Shiny 6IV Latios in master ball JPN
level 68 - 0 EV's
Name: Latios in japanese (can't type japanese)
OT: in japanese
ID: 29496
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Region: Unova
Moves: psycho shift, dragon dance, psychic, heal pulse
You cant get Lati@s from Unova, only HG, SS and 3rd gen

I've got a question for anyone who wouldn't mind helping me out. For a Dream Radar Tornadus, what limitations are there? I believe I read that they can't be shiny, but are there any incompatible spreads or anything like that to be aware of?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've got a question for anyone who wouldn't mind helping me out. For a Dream Radar Tornadus, what limitations are there? I believe I read that they can't be shiny, but are there any incompatible spreads or anything like that to be aware of?
It can't be shiny, and it will always be in a Dream Ball, but any spread is possible.

Agonist

About dream radar pokes, will they ever have fateful encounter?
No, unless they get it when they transfer over (they don't have the flag in Gen 5, so I doubt it would be added on transfer).

No, unless they get it when they transfer over (they don't have the flag in Gen 5, so I doubt it would be added on transfer).
Okey, then I know this 6IV Lando is genned. Seemed like a good made one, untill I detected it had fateful, while one of the other therains I got from DR isn't.

another forum-goer and I are planning on making a trade, but I wanted to get the legitimacy of his pokemon checked first;
He has a 6IV Hasty Japanese Shiny Genesect with the ID 07133 (found one that is extremely similar on Pokedit) and a 6IV Adamant Japanese Shiny Ho-Oh with Pressure and an ID of 14093 ~

Are they both legit ? * U *

Agonist

another forum-goer and I are planning on making a trade, but I wanted to get the legitimacy of his pokemon checked first;
He has a 6IV Hasty Japanese Shiny Genesect with the ID 07133 (found one that is extremely similar on Pokedit) and a 6IV Adamant Japanese Shiny Ho-Oh with Pressure and an ID of 14093 ~

Are they both legit ? * U *
Ho-Oh is hacked, can't check on the Genesect, unfortunately.

If I recieved a Pokemon then found the same one with the same stats, OT, ID, and etc on Pokecheck, does it mean that it's not legit//hacked ?

I'm not too familiar with how Pokecheck works, I know you can create and download Pokemon there, though ~

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not necessarily. That pokemon could have been uploaded to Pokecheck by anyone who has it, regardless of how they obtained it. This may be an issue of redistribution rights but does not necessarily mean the pokemon is hacked. If the pokemon you received is holding a premier ribbon, then it was cloned incorrectly using Pokecheck and is not legal. If it does not possess the ribbon, but is identical to the Pokecheck pokemon in every other way, and the one you found passes Pokecheck's "show legality analysis" feature, then it is at the very least legal.

Pokecheck by itself cannot be used to create hacked pokemon, but many hacked pokemon are available from it.

Not necessarily. That pokemon could have been uploaded to Pokecheck by anyone who has it, regardless of how they obtained it. This may be an issue of redistribution rights but does not necessarily mean the pokemon is hacked. If the pokemon you received is holding a premier ribbon, then it was cloned incorrectly using Pokecheck and is not legal. If it does not possess the ribbon, but is identical to the Pokecheck pokemon in every other way, and the one you found passes Pokecheck's "show legality analysis" feature, then it is at the very least legal.
Alright, so the Pokemon I got had no ribbons at all, and it's a shiny legendary;
So it passes legality ?

and thanks for the explanation, it is very helpful ! * U *

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If it was on Pokecheck that means it came from gen 5, and there's a good chance it was simply RNG'd and is legal. I'd still check the legality analysis on Pokecheck (if available) and make sure everything checks out. If it does, then unless someone has edited it in a way that would make it illegal, it should be ok.

Agonist

If it was on Pokecheck that means it came from gen 5, and there's a good chance it was simply RNG'd and is legal. I'd still check the legality analysis on Pokecheck (if available) and make sure everything checks out. If it does, then unless someone has edited it in a way that would make it illegal, it should be ok.
Adding on to this, it's not a bad idea to check out other uploads that share the same OT/ID, if there are any. Additionally, check the upload dates on them. Lots of Pokemon added on the same date is indicative of someone uploading through .pkm files, which isn't necessarily suspicious in itself, but the more Pokemon that were added, the warier you should be.

Have a few Pokemon I need to get checked ! ; U ;
Shiny Lugia in a Dive ball, ability Pressure and nature is timid; no ribbons, 4IVs, OT is A11 and ID 65100 ~
and Shiny Ho-Oh, 5IVs, 0 in SpAtk, no ribbons, in a Premier ball with ability Pressure and nature Jolly. OT is i1338 and ID is 54650 !

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Have a few Pokemon I need to get checked ! ; U ;
Shiny Lugia in a Dive ball, ability Pressure and nature is timid; no ribbons, 4IVs, OT is A11 and ID 65100 ~
and Shiny Ho-Oh, 5IVs, 0 in SpAtk, no ribbons, in a Premier ball with ability Pressure and nature Jolly. OT is i1338 and ID is 54650 !
OT: i1338 is on the first page, in the first post.

OT: i1338 is on the first page, in the first post.
ooh missed that, thanks for letting me know !
also, I was notified that this specific legendary might be hacked -I've seen it around on a lot of threads and it hasn't been mentioned by mods yet, so I wanted to get it checked ~

Shiny Giratina 6IVs, Impish with Souvenir Ribbon, ability Levitate, OT SUM2013 and ID 09303 ~
Also level 100 in cherish ball !

Agonist

ooh missed that, thanks for letting me know !
also, I was notified that this specific legendary might be hacked -I've seen it around on a lot of threads and it hasn't been mentioned by mods yet, so I wanted to get it checked ~

Shiny Giratina 6IVs, Impish with Souvenir Ribbon, ability Levitate, OT SUM2013 and ID 09303 ~
Also level 100 in cherish ball !
There's nothing glaringly wrong with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)