Rate my new Little Cup Team?

@ Life Orb
Ability = Skill Link
Evs: 196Atk, 76Def, 236Spd,
Jolly Nature
Fake Out, Fury Swipes, Bounce, Shadow Claw
I chose this adorable little monkey for my lead. First I stocked him with enough Def Evs to have him last a few hits, filled him up with more Atk to have him bringing power, and the rest in Spd to keep his flow quick. Fake out self explanatory if I do say so myself, Fury Swipes to deal good damage and hit five times because of skill link, Bounce to hit fighting type threats that think they can take it, and shadow claw to hit any leading ghosts.

@ Berry Juice
Ability = Unburden
Evs: 36Hp, 216Atk, 8Def, 40SAtk, 8SDef, 200Spd
Naughty Nature
Acrobatics, Thunderbolt, Will-O-Wisp, Destiny Bond
My Drifloon is a little more complicated in Evs and use, but I shall try and explain my reasoning for choosing him. Drifloon is surprising a good pokemon, amazing speed and unburden just top it off. Originally, my balloon here was given a Sky Gem (or whatever it is actually named), but as it is unreleased in Gen.6, I had to replace it. Berry Juice is not bad at all, gives me a great time to play up Destiny Bond too. Thunderbolt for type coverage and WOW to cripple physical attackers.

@ Life Orb
Ability = Flash Fire
Evs: 36Hp, 236Atk, 236Spd
Jolly Nature
Flame Charge, Wild Charge, Thrash, Hypnosis
My only shiny on the team, my majestic Ponyta! Evs are standard, high Spd and Atk, with the rest going in Hp for a small amount of bulk. This set is simple, used on most of these ponies. Flash Fire to eat up WOW and easily predicted fire moves, life orb for more Atk. Wild charge to increase speed and to hit predicted water switch-ins. Thrash for strong damage, and hypnosis to stop large threats.

@ DeepSeaTooth
Ability = Shell Armour
Evs: 76Hp, 248SAtk, 184Spd
Timid Nature
Surf, Ice Beam, Scald, Hidden Power [Grass]
The classic DST Clamperl. Most (if any) I see now run Shell Smash with white herb, but I like classics, and classics are reliable. Evs plug into SAtk to give more of a strong SAtk power, some for Spd to give it a bit more of an edge, and the rest in Hp for more bulk. Surf is the main STAB move, with Ice Beam to cover Grass types, Scald to give the chance of a burn, and HP[G] to take care of other water types.

@ Eviolite
Ability = Magnet Pull
Evs: 4Hp, 252SAtk, 252Spd
Modest Nature
Thunderbolt, Volt Switch, Flash Cannon, Hidden Power [Fire]
My newest addition to the team, Magnemite. This adorable little steel type is great for taking out steel types, like Ferroseed, because of magnet pull, HP [F] and its max Spd and SAtk Evs. With the STAB thunderbolt, volt switch to get the fast switch with damage, and flash cannon for coverage, there is not much left to say about this little guy.

@ Life Orb
Ability = Aftermath
Evs: 12Hp, 252Atk, 244Spd
Hasty Nature
Sucker Punch, Crunch, Flamethrower, Hidden Power [Psychic]
And last, but certainly not least, we have one of my favorite pokemon (Drum roll please!), Stunky! Sadly, with no physical poison moves in its pool, this little skunk cannot shine off the terrible smell it posses. Max Atk Evs get it to land a power, but fast hit with the 244Spd. The rest go into Hp for bulk. Sucker punch delivers a fast and powerful hit to those you need to knock out quickly, crunch as the main STAB move, flamethrower and HP [P] for type coverage.

Please tell me what you think of my team! Weaknesses, different Ev layouts, and or new movesets. Thanks!

Aipom does not utilize skill link very well, a technician set with fake out, return, u turn, and a flex move is way more flexible and can easily mess up opponents
Magnet pull on magnemite is not very good either, sturdy would be prefered to stop sweepers in their paths
Flare blitz on ponyta would be better for effectivly knocking out opponents

Even with Aipom with Fake Out its still trash. I suggest lead Meinfoo with Eviolite, Fake Out, U-Turn, Hi Jump Kick, and Stone Edge. Also I suggest Smash-Sash for Clampearl. Also i agree with SwagMaster, your team gets smashed by a Scarf Ground type like Drilbur, so run Sturdy on Magnamite.

Alright, thank you for the feedback! I'll change Magnemite's ability to sturdy, and give Ponyta flare blitz instead. I find my Aipom lead to be very strong for now, so until I see problems with it, I think I will keep the set. But I will keep in mind the technician set or the Meinfoo.

magnet pull mag is good lol. you can trap ferroseed, bronzor, pawniard, etc

hidden power psychic is really weird on stunky, in a 4th slot i'd really run run taunt / roar / explosion. also your moveset missed the whole point of stunky which is to trap, so i'd really spunch / pursuit / fire blast / roar | taunt |. offensive stunky is just too frail nowadays so i'd switch to the defensive set which works a lot better. 92 HP / 92 Atk / 60 Def / 188 SpD / 4 Spe | Careful Nature | Eviolite.

aipom sucks. sorry. if you're looking for a good normal type lo bunnelby is a lot better. the days of crappy fake out leads that don't hit hard at all are over because everything is bulky with eviolite and aipom doesnt hit hard at all.

right now i don't get what your team is suppose to do at all. aipom is poor and your ponyta set is not good. the only way i can really fix this team is to demolish it, unfortunately. but really i'd switch out drifloon for swirlix, who is a much better unburden user and better in general, plus it helps you deal with scraggy who can be a pain for this team if it can get a boost. then i'd switch ponyta for acro gligar, who gives you needed offense and entry hazards.

this now gives a magnemite / bunnelby volturn core and a stunky / magnemite / gligar core with a swirlix / bunnelby / clamperl offensive core and better synergy.

tl;dr
  • Stunky @ Eviolite / Berry Juice
    Ability: Aftermath
    Level: 5
    EVs: 92 HP / 92 Atk / 60 Def / 188 SpD / 4 Spe
    Careful Nature
    - Sucker Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Fire Blast
    - Taunt | Roar
  • ->
    Bunnelby @ Life Orb
    Ability: Huge Power
    EVs: 220 Spd / 232 Atk / 56 Def
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Return
    - Quick Attack
    - U-turn
  • ->
    Swirlix @ Berry Juice
    Ability: Unburden
    EVs: 180 HP / 124 SpA / 60 SpD / 124 Spe
    Calm Nature
    - Cotton Guard
    - Calm Mind
    - Draining Kiss
    - Flamethrower
  • ->
    Gligar @ Berry Juice
    Ability: Hyper Cutter
    EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Acrobatics
    - Earthquake
    - Swords Dance
    - Stealth Rock
so yeah good luck. to be frank your team just isnt for very good and i don't really understand the point of the team, so i just made changes i thought were necessary. i hope i explained my choices well enough.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)