Project RarelyUsed Teambuilding Competition: week 8: Chesnaught (submissions open until May 3rd)

Box_XD_385.png
Week 4: Jirachi
Box_XD_385.png

1711996797674.png

It's flinch week here at the Rarelyused teambuilding contest. Everybody get ready to use the Togekiss impersonator. Our newest steel type comes down into a tier without many other options, and it sets itself apart with strong moves and the superpower of gambling. Do you use it as a bulky wish passer? A calm mind sweeper? Perhaps a choice scarfer or a stealth rock setter? There are many ways you can take this pokemon, some fun and others extremely evil. Come up with the best Jirachi team you can and share it here before the end of the week.

Teambuilding criteria:
Your team submission must be legal in SV RU and have Jirachi on it.

Submission deadline: Teams should be submitted by 11:59 PM (GMT-5) on Friday, April 5th, voting will then go until 11:59 PM (GMT-4) on Sunday April 7th.

Superachi's Pet Fish

:sv/jirachi::sv/barraskewda::sv/rotom-heat::sv/hippowdon::sv/okidogi::sv/cyclizar:
(click the sprites for paste!)

You've been tricked, you've been had, and you've possibly been bamboozled.
After a lot of building I've came up with this team that I prefer over the one I submitted before, so I'm changing my submission.

:rs/jirachi:
Running the Superachi set, Jirachi acts as our switch-in to Gardevoir and uses its colorful movepool to surprise its Steel-, Water- and Ground-type switch-ins.

:barraskewda:
Our 2nd drop of the month, mister fish over here is our wallbreaker. Liquidation is the best move you can click, and Close Combat is an important tool to have against Volcanion teams. Fish can 2HKO Hippowdon with Tera Fighting Close Combat after Stealth Rock. You can play Jolly to outspeed max Speed Cyclizar but the damage boost from Adamant is too good to pass up.

:rotom-heat:
Our answer to Enamorus-Therian and a way to play around Iron Leaves and Cobalion. Tera Ghost is our best answer to Ghost IDBP Cobalion. Also is our ground immunity. Other than that, it's very obnoxious to deal with thanks to Volt Switch and Pain Split.

:hippowdon:
Hippo
Hippowdon
He's the leader of the bunch
You know him well
He's finally back
To tank fucking everything on the physical side and Tera Dragon autowins the Rain matchup and you also need it to Whirlwind Iron Leaves

:okidogi:
Great defensive profile and broken in general. I don't understand why it's so tanky and it spreads poison so easily and Bulk Up makes it unkillable. Psychic Fangs is there for opposing Okidogi.

:cyclizar:
Cyclizar

edit: updated cyclizar's EV spread to outrun Adamant Barraskewda.

Last edited:
CLAMORING FOR DOOM
:pmd/Jirachi: :pmd/Thundurus-Therian: :pmd/Okidogi: :pmd/Swampert: :pmd/Cyclizar: :pmd/Iron Leaves:

https://pokepast.es/c90fb67a3def95f8

Ever since Doom Desire was buffed to 140 bp/100 accuracy, I wanted to make a team with DD pivot Jirachi, and this is the set I came up with:

:Sv/Jirachi:
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Doom Desire
- U-turn
- Thunder
- Wish

Max spatt doom desire plus slow u-turn. Thunder gives us a chance to paralyze and to hit incoming moltres, it’s also great in the rain MU. Wish is here but doesn’t get clicked often, but can support the team when the chance comes. I’ve considered replacing this with healing wish for status which is something the team struggles with a bit.

:sv/Thundurus-Therian:
Thundurus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

My first breaker I wanted to pair with Doom Desire. Thundurus already doesn’t have many switch ins, but doom desire threatens anything that wants to try. Knock off and focus blast are for cyclizar, and something nice about doom desire is that knock+doom desire will kill standard av bike. Thundurus is great at keeping the momentum with a strong volt switch and has a great defensive typing for this team.

:sv/Okidogi:
Okidogi @ Leftovers
Ability: Toxic Chain
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Atk / 112 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Bulk Up
- Psychic Fangs

I tried a few different fighting types for this team, Zapdos, conkeldurr, but wasn’t happy with either of them. I settled on okidogi, as I think it’s one of the best fighting breakers that doesn’t mind switching into knock off when needed. Poison typing is great for tspike absorbing as well which I struggled with when using conkeldurr. Dogi is also just easier to bring in with speed and bulk and doesn’t die nearly as fast as conk or zapdos. Psyfangs is preferred for the coverage against poison types and the team has multiple other knock off users already.

:sv/Swampert:
Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Flip Turn

One of my absolute favorite glue mons right now, great at making progress and slow flip turning to one of 3 massively threatening breakers on this team. Roar is an option over knock to be harder to take advantage of by set up mons.

:sv/cyclizar:
Cyclizar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 120 HP / 4 Def / 160 SpD / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Dragon Tail
AV bike, gotta have it.

:sv/iron leaves:
Iron Leaves @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 96 HP / 160 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Psyblade
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat

I needed a revenge killer and a decent water resist for rain teams. Iron Leaves fits both of those descriptions, and gives us a 3rd breaker on this offense that still very much appreciated doom desire denting its checks. Tera fighting is for power and to help with bisharp that otherwise is a massive threat. Unfortunately the one time use of booster energy means checking multiple setup sweepers is not always possible, so I have to be really careful after it’s exhausted.

This time I present to you...

Tricky Stars and Hearts!

:sv/Jirachi: :sv/Conkeldurr: :sv/Porygon2: :sv/Enamorus-Therian: :sv/Slowbro: :sv/Rhyperior:

https://pokepast.es/fc289b3e240fc40d

I'm been on a big trick room kick lately and Jirachi opened up some really nice options. In my experience, Trick Room in the current meta is hard to pull off in the traditional sense (2 or 3 setters that can suicide or slow pivot out to super high damage nukes and probably sacrifices all defensive utility). I've been having most of my successes on teams that are basically fat balance or BO that use TR situationally for speed control. This also essentially guarantees winning vs opposing standard TR structures because usually 2 on those teams are now dead weight and I can "reset" to normal with my own setters when needed. Jirachi fits this idea pretty well; it has a middle speed tier that allows for some useful over/underspeeding situations in and out of TR and can be pretty tanky with investment. Doom Desire on the pivot is also super handy. Steel typing is a huge benefit that allows for skipping HDBs even though it might need to pivot a lot. Jirachi has also stabilized a lot of match ups in the low ladder (some of my other TR teams struggle vs the non-meta or rare stuff that hangs around there). I try hard to find creative sets that work in ways that a Pokemon isn't known for and Jirachi made it easier than I expected.

While I don't particularly consider ladder performance to be indicative of team composition strength, I reached 1400 in 1 afternoon with a 16-0 record. I figured the team was good enough to post. (I'm sure I won't be alone in this opinion, but Jirachi is waaay easier to build around than Slither Wing is in this meta)
rachiTR2_1400.png

:dp/Jirachi:
Namesake (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- U-turn
- Doom Desire
- Stealth Rock

Insane role compression on this little thing. Reasonable physical tank, Trick Room setter, pivot, delayed nuke, hazards. Speed (212) might not be optimum, but this still allows it to underspeed things like all Enam-T, Conk, and A-Muk in TR.

Depends on the opposing team structure, but usually Doom --> TR -->U-turn puts out overwhelming pressure and can break the back of most HO.
While that move order isn't always ideal, pivoting to massive physical threats while a special tank wants to absorb the Doom Desire is always good for tempo. In any case, not much can handle an incoming Doom Desire + Enam-T/Rhyp/Conk.

Of course, while this is a Jirachi teambuilding thread and it is a Star, honestly, it's not the star of the team. It's a very useful supporting team member that allows others to win games. I suspect Tera Fairy could help survivability in some situations, but I haven't ever used it across any version of this team. If you use this team, change as you feel is best.

:bw/Conkeldurr:
Two Punch Man (Conkeldurr) @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Defog
- Knock Off

Self plagiarized since this is still basically the set I use for all of my Conks.

Still beating most common hazard leads. Hippo is actually seeming to be a little less common which is good for this set.

Mach Punch is important vs Maus/Cinccino if Rhyperior's helmet is knocked.
Tera Fighting Conk can be a late game finisher.

(read my Slither Wing Conkeldurr section for more information if needed)
This Conk is good outside TR and a monster in TR.

:dp/Porygon2:
Porygoing (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Chansey just wishes it could use Trick Room. This doesn't hit very hard, but nothing special (pre-knock) hits this hard either.
Specs Enam-T is under 50%, Thundy-T Focus Miss is under 50%. (obviously Pory2 doesn't have anything better than a 3/4HKO on these, but the moves are highly telegraphed and allow for easy switches. Trace is still good when it's good. Regenerator, volt absorb, etc. You know the drill!

Moves are just what coverage I needed. T-bolt for Volcanion. Shadow Ball for Gengar, Herculegion, and Garde
I probably don't need to say much about Tera Ghost. It's been useful a couple times.

:sv/Enamorus-Therian:
Free Hugs (Enamorus-Therian) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Overcoat
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb

The "heart" of the team. As with Conk, this set is good outside of TR and a monster in it.
Now, it doesn't even need to take hits most of the time. Usually just a round or two of Stealth Rock chip.
Truly, due to the extra bulk of max HP investment, it can stay in 1 more turn after TR and snipe another thing looking for a last-ditch set up.

:rb/Slowbro:
Fastgal (Slowbro) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Future Sight
- Scald
- Grass Knot

Takes all the hits with the same idea as Jirachi, but unfortunately no U-turns. F-Sight --> TR --> switch.
I've used this set on most of my TR teams and now I'm not sure what this was EVed for, but I swear it's probably important! (Pretty sure it's Timid Thundy-T Thunderbolt)

Grass Knot for Quag and Swampert. Tera Fairy to survive Knock Off and strong U-turns.
I had been really using the F-Sight pivoting to push dark switch-ins vs Conk on other teams and now I'm considering swapping psychic/shock in this spot. I'm sometimes feeling like this lacks immediate damage especially if Enam-T needs to get sacked early and this is my new main special damage dealer. I've found the current set to be useful enough to keep around. It's still up in the air so if you're using the team, swap away.

:sv/Rhyperior:
Nose Job (Rhyperior) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Lightning Rod
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Tera Blast

I've heard rumors that Rhyperior is it. As of today, I'm convinced. Nothing stands in the way. Nothing needs to be said about EdgeQuake coverage. Tera Blast Flying to pick off weak little Chesnaughts and Iron Leaves. Roar is situationally useful to rack up a little hazard damage when facing bulkier teams. Rocky Helmet for some early U-turn damage and free wins vs Maushold. Additional coverage really wasn't needed. This is probably my most used Tera on the team. Tera Flying Lightning Rod vs Thundy-T is hilariously fun. Maybe some defensive EVs could be nice?

Well there you have it. It does the normal TR stuff, such as eating HO for breakfast, without some of the normal liabilities. (Very rough vs stall, but I only ran into 1 stall team during testing and a few risky double switches let me pull off the win). I hope you enjoyed this installment of my slow descent into Trick Room madness.

The link again --> :jirachi: :conkeldurr: :rhyperior: :enamorus-therian: :porygon2: :slowbro:

BULK BALANCE JICHRACHI TEAM
:sv/salamence:

@ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 164 HP / 136 SpA / 208 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earthquake
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
Salamence acts as pretty reliable switch in on physical attacks due to intimidate and its high HP stat. Mence also thrives on the fact that RU doesn't have a lot of reliable ice types running around. Hurricane and DM are great special attacks to scare off a lot of low spdef mons, and EQ is great for dealing with fire types and steel types like bisharp and armoruge. Roost is a great way to keep mence alive as well. Overall, this mixedmence set is supposed to allow the team to get easy switch ins on physical attackers,tank/avoid strong attacks,and scare the opponent into thinking mence is running flamethrower.

:sv/umbreon:

@ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play

A mediocre player(me) once said, "a great way team must have a great toxic wish protect mon on it." I'm not sure if toxic wish protect is a common support move set(I'm assuming it is though) but TWP works wonders for this team. Toxic of course helps with sweepers, protect helps you deal with sweepers by giving them a second guess on weather or not they should stay in battle, and wish has proven to be a great way to keep umbreon alive along with the others. Foul play is great to deal with shell smashers who may have forgotten their white herbs, though even if they did bring it, umbreon can still tank a lot by protecting after the first foul play and healing a little to land another FP. The stat spread helps deal with mons calm mind sweepers, and the poison tera guarantees a toxic on the next victim of umbreon.

:sv/forretress:
@ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Body Press
- Volt Switch

Of course, we need a spinner. Forretress provides excelent physical bulk for the team along with having a rocky helmet to deal with a certain mouse family and cincinnno. Forretress can also help around by setting up rocks in certain matchups. 252 defense with body press is a great way to surprise revaroom players who think they can get an easy shift gear from this tank bug thing. BP also helps with the previosly mentioned loaded dice abusers and other normal types in the tier. Overall, forretress is a decent wall that is supposed to spin,set up,and run off with VS.

:sv/kleavor:
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sharpness
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stone Axe
- X-Scissor
- Close Combat
- Night Slash

Although forretress CAN set up, kleavor just does it better. Choice scarf+a naive nature allows it to outspeed other kleavors and other speed demons in the tier. Tera ghost is to deal with spinners in select cases,and the move spread is a great way to deal with specific threats. Stone axe of course sets up rocks and screws over thundy-T.mence,moltres,and other flying types. X-scissor is a great response to iron leaves and other psychic mons running around in RU. Close combat helps deal with reveroom,bisharp, and other steel threats. And finally,night slash deals with jirachi as steel resissts x-scissor,azelf,mimkyu,and other ghosts/psychics in the tier. Although rocks dig really deep into kleavor,he can get a lot done ESPECIALLY with that sharpness ability

:sv/jirachi:
@ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Thunder Punch

The moment you all have been waiting for, Jirachi! Jirachi has the wonderful ability of being able to fit onto any team due to its 100 stat points all around,pretty straight forward ability,and good typing. I decided to run put a choice scarf on rachi and give it the elemental punches,along with iron head for lucky flinches. Tera fairy in case it is up against a salamence with flamethrower or a cyclizar with draco meteor. The Tera is something that could be changed with anything that fits ones team however. The elemental punches help a lot with revenge kills and can chase thundy T away with ice punch. Overall, not the craziest use of jirachi, but a good use of it to fit the balanced bulk archetype.

:sv/armarouge:
@ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Armor Cannon
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

And finally,we have our special sweeper. It took a lot of trial and error to find the best sweeper for this team, but armarouge has proven to be a great candidate that will stay a while. One of the best things I love about rouge is how his weak armor ability makes it really hard to deal with if you dont have a priority move. Pairing weak armor with calm mind allows for great sweeping with psychic,energy ball,and armor cannon. Tera grass is used in case you want stab EB or need a way to tank surf empoleon or aqua jet crawdaunt. HDB helps it deal with stealth rocks so he can stay on the field longer.

I will admit, this is my first time doing a teambuilder competition. Please feel free to critisize my team as you would like!

Edit:forgot to include this https://pokepast.es/7d09f324a2c98ebe

Last edited:
:jirachi::cyclizar::gastrodon::gengar::salamence::revavroom:

hallo friends, new month, new drops, and jirachi is the new name of the game. This weeks sub from me is relatively straightforward balance so lets get right into it!

Defense: :jirachi::cyclizar::gastrodon:

There are your glue guys, the main pivots for the team and also featuring the man of the hour, the mon of the week: Jirachi!
:jirachi:- This guy is a much anticipated addition to the tier as a "real steel" or a steel type that actually wants to come in on the various fairy/flying/psychic moves being flung around right now. In addition to the beneficial defensive typing, Jirachi also brings the underappreciated art of wish support into the mix providing direct healing support to everyone else on the squad as well as itself with protect guaranteeing that Jirachi receives healing. To round out the set we have the classic Body Slam+Iron Head combination supported by Serene Grace giving body slam a 60% chance to paralyze and Iron Head a 60% chance to flinch to give Jirachi a little bit of offensive presence. I chose to use covert cloak on this jirachi to be able to 1v1 other similarly minded Jirachi's trying to be cheeky and spread paras or flinches.

:cyclizar:-Its cyclizar, very straightforward set. Enough speed to outpace speed boosting nature Inteleon as well as adamant Barraskewda as a new benchmark. Rapid Spin is excellent for removing hazards and it being STAB means it can do relatively appreciable damage for what it is on weaker physically defensive mons. Knock Off is fantastic for removing items like HDB or Leftovers as well as hitting ghosts for SE who may want to come in and spinblock you. U-turn as a momentum generating move is also strong and synergizes well with Cyclizar's regenerator. Finally we come to the generally agreed upon "flex spot" in the Cyclizar moveset which I have chose to fill with dragon tail. I dislike Cyclizar that can be used as setup fodder by the likes of Revavroom, Thundurus-Therian, Blastoise, Iron Leaves if willing to concede the Tera, etc. and dragon tail helps patch up that aspect of things for Cyclizar. This slot however can be filled by anything from Double-Edge to Overheat so can be played with as need be.

:Gastrodon:- This is certainly the most interesting part of the defensive core. Unlike your standard water absorb Gastrodons I have this gastro as Rocky Helmet Sticky Hold. This is your designated Maushold switchin as it will blow itself up upon pop bombing you as well as your designated knock off switchin. Gastrodon also just being there will make people hesitant to click water moves before they figure out its Sticky Hold so that's also a bit of a nice mental bonus and can be useful in stuff like the rain matchup. Gastro is also the designated rocker on the team and is convenient as a rocker who can keep them up vs common removers such as Cyclizar or defoggers. Ground typing is just nice STAB threatening things like Jirachi, Bisharp, or Rhyperior etc. and decentivizing them from setting up for free. Ice beam it there to hit things in the air and threaten dragons and grasses and stuff.

Offense: :gengar::salamence::revavroom:

Sometimes defense will win you the game, basically every other time, one of these guys will win you the game lol

:gengar: - Gengar is one of the fastest scarfers in the tier, notably outpacing and being able to hit Iron Leaves for SE damage, as well as one of the stronger ghosts we have available to us. This gengar is running double ghost STAB with hex AND shadow ball only because Jirachi is on the team to spread paralysis lol. Sludge Wave fills in the other stab move and is generally just a quite powerful button to click once opposing steel types have been removed. Trick is a generally great utility move to have, being able to cripple opposing fat like Chansey or Alolan Muk who would otherwise switch into you quite comfortably. Gengar's ghost typing and status as a grounded poison type also give it some extra utility being immune to Normal/Fighting moves and capable of removing set tspikes.

:salamence: - Big dragon hit things for big damage. This is a pretty standard mixed mence set which I think is quite strong right now. Flying resists are hard to find and Salamence being able to spam Hurricane off of base 110 Sp Atk is a huge threat offensively. Draco Meteor is ofc another huge nuke capable of dealing huge chunks of damage once opposing fairies/steels have been removed or weakened. I like Earthquake as a way of dealing meaningful damage to things like Empoleon, Fezandipiti, or even Sp Def Jirachi who may find themselves thinking special mence is a free switch in. Flying type also provides mence some utility giving him an immunity to ground and dragon typing+reliable recovery in the form of roost give him the ability to switch into Volcanion quite easily. Tera steel to resist fairy hits from like scarf gard who might try to force you out and resist opposing dragon moves if you end up in a dragon v dragon staredown.

:Revavroom: - Revavroom is the setup sweeper/cleaner for the team who also provides a bit of extra utility. This is a pretty standard shift gear set with the exception of Tera Grass over Iron Head which I think is a really strong option for Rev being able to more effectively sweep through things like Rhyperior, Swampert, or Hippowdon. Tera grass also provides the utility of swapping up Rev's former 4x weak to ground into a resistance giving it some more freedom to setup on aforementioned ground types who think they win the interaction. Gunk Shot is really powerful STAB that can provide firepower even unboosted. High Horsepower is nice coverage to hit Steel and Poison types which might otherwise give Revavroom pause from sweeping. Air Balloon is the item of choice to give Rev immunity to spikes and ground attacks before he's hit. Poison/Steel is naturally decent defensive typing giving rev an immunity as well as a host of resists that tend to come up when you're looking to sweep. Filter is also nice to provide a lil cushion to Rev's otherwise uninspiring bulk.

Thats about it for the details on the team, its worked out decently for me, has won like a room tour I think and has had pretty consistent results on ladder. I got to like mid 1400s w the squad before I stopped laddering and overall I think it feels OK? idk yall can lmk the results if you decide to try the squad out but otherwise thats it from me! also shameless plug to check out new RU project Victim of the Week in its first iteration focusing on Basculegion!

Scarf Rachi T-Wave Hazard Stack

:jirachi: :cyclizar: :cobalion: :gastrodon: :iron-leaves: :slowbro:

Kind of a mouthful for a team name, yes, but I think that this team is for sure the best of the batch of Rachi teams that I made this week, so I thought I’d share it.

:Jirachi: Choice Scarf Rachi with a twist. Grass Knot and Iron Head kind of complement each other perfectly, with Grass Knot hitting usual walls like Swampert, Gastrodon, and Hippowdon for very good damage. None of these threaten back with an OHKO, and so you’re generally guaranteed very good damage of them, even better if they decide to set up rocks over EQ. Tera Grass guarantees OHKOs or 2HKOs without being threatened back with major damage. U-Turn for momentum, and Trick is nice to cripple potential setup sweepers in their tracks.

:Cyclizar:

:Cobalion: Rocker for the team as well as Paralysis spreader Number 1. You do get walled by any ghost type but like, you can 9 times out of 10 just pivot out into your two water type walls, or bike if you’re lame. Just a support path for Rachi to hopefully hax its way past its checks. Tera Ghost for fightings.

:Gastrodon: Gastrodon provides the spikes for this team, and also a potentially freeze fisher if needed. You switch into Gastrodon for any special attack most of the time, and Sticky Hold means you will always maintain your Boots even against Cyclizar. Tera Ghost allows you to keep your hazards up against a spinning Cyclizar, and threaten it back with Ice Beam.

:Iron-Leaves: You already have speed through means of paralysis thanks to your spreaders, so why not have an abuser that has an instant burst of power, and potential speed if you need it. That’s what this Leaves set tries to provide, with Trailblaze over Leaf Blade, and attack boosting Quark Drive over speed boosting. Tera Fire Tera Blast is used over CC here to help with opposing Leaves matchups, which the team struggles with a decent amount without paralysis.

:Slowbro: Your physical wall and second paralysis spreader. Future sight provides pressure that Jirachi and other team members can exploit. I went for BP over scald as you want the paralysis more then you want the burn, and it helps you get the jump on Empo thinking they can set up rocks for free against you. Tera Fairy to help with grass weakness.

This team seems pretty fun to me, definitely has some weaknesses to things like Iron Leaves, but it for sure isn’t impossible for the team to outplay its weaknesses.

Last edited:
:sv/salamence:Week 5: Salamence/Noivern:sv/noivern:

This week we've got two dragons to choose from. The rarelyused icon for generations and the new big boy Salamence. Both are similar for their strong draco meteors, but they each have unique traits that set one apart from the other. Will you go with Noivern's speed and bag of tricks, or will you go with Salamence's bigger numbers, physical capabilities and beefier body? Pick a side and build a team, then share it here.

Teambuilding criteria:
Your team submission must be legal in SV RU and have a Salamence and/or Noivern on it.

Submission deadline: Teams should be submitted by 11:59 PM (GMT-5) on Friday, April 12th, voting will then go until 11:59 PM (GMT-4) on Sunday April 14th.

Super Fang Noivern Team
:noivern: :forretress: :barraskewda: :amoonguss: :moltres: :mienshao:
So, this team was created after I remembered that Noivern had one very special move that is very similar to a move that is used in OU, super fang. Cutting the opponents HP in half is amazing utility and can allow otherwise passive mons to deal good damage. Thus, I decided to build a team around this move.

:sv/noivern:
Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Frisk
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Super Fang
- U-turn
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
First up, we have noivern. Now, noivern can fill both a defensive and offensive niche in this team. Super fang can chip down bulkier opponents and open up cleanup games for barra and mienshao. This can also open up games for Noivern itself, who can sometimes lack power in order to break through bulkier teams. U-turn allows noivern to scout opponents moves and can get in hard hitting teammates easier. Dragon Pulse was chosen over draco meteor because in the late game noivern can clean up much easier, and while barra and mienshao do provide great power to the team, I thought a bit more couldn't hurt. Finally, roost allows noivern to stay healthy and with its decent defensive typing, it can survive quite a few hits. Tera steel is just a good defensive typing and allows noivern to fire off more super fangs to wittle down the opponent. Overall, noivern is an interesting mon that can be a supportive mon or an offensive mon, depending on the situation.

:sv/forretress:
Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
Forretress is next and it provides both spikes and spin support for the team, which is great role compression. It's mostly the standard set, though volt switch allows forretress to get its teammates in for free due to its slow speed, allowing it to take a hit for them. Rapid spin gets rid of hazards, which can be great for barra and mien to wallbreak more effectively, while amoonguss can wall things easier. Gyro ball gives forretress impressive power, as something like gengar which might attempt to spin block will be destroyed by its power. Spikes supports the wallbreaking of opponents in order to gain some crucial kos, for example barra's liquidation ohko'ing zoroark-h after one layer of spikes. Tera water means that any fire types will have to be careful and it can wall these in a pinch. Overall, forretresss gives a crucial defensive backbone to the team and means that teammates can do their jobs more effectively.

:sv/barraskewda:
Barraskewda @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Flip Turn
- Close Combat
- Crunch
A personal favourite of mine, choice scarf barra can outspeed basically everything in the meta, even a +2 armarouge, and destroy them with strong attacks. Liquidation is of course the stab of choice on this set (pun not intended) and deals pretty great damage to everything in the tier. Tera water enhances the power of this move and with 3 layers of spikes has a great chance of 2hit koing id cobalion, while it can't even ohko you back. Flip turn keeps up momentum for the team and allows you to scout the opponent while still dealing good damage. Close combat can deal with pesky steel types that may switch in and absolutely annihilates cyclizar as the pesky bike won't know what hit it. Finally, crunch can deal great damage to the psychic types of the tier, including iron leaves which resists all its other moves. Overall, barra is a nice addition to the team and with a bit of support can wallbreak quite efficently.

:sv/amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Synthesis
A part of the defensive backbone of the team, amoonguss supports the team quite effectively by being a regen damage sponge and annoying opposing setup sweepers. Stun spore was chosen over toxic with its ability to cripple a lot more mons such as okidogi that may pose a threat to this team. I also find it makes amoonguss a lot less passive, as nothing really wants to switch into stun spore except for a few grass types, which are hurt hard by clear smog, and electric types, which is solely limited to thundy-t. Giga drain can keep amoonguss healthy while also dealing good damage to hippowdon, 2hit ko'ing it if only one layer of spikes is down. Clear smog can stop annoying setup sweepers in their tracks, while still dealing good damage to grasses and fairies, such as 2hit koing breloom and having a small chance to 3hit ko enam-t. Finally, synthesis can keep amoonguss healthy while still staying on the field, and since it threatens both rain and hippowdon so much, it will most likely be healing 50%. Overall, amoonguss is a great addition to the team and forms a good defensive backbone with the other members of the team.

:sv/moltres:
Moltres @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
Moltres is up next and acts as a counter to steel types and can be a general nuisance to opposing physical attackers. Flame body was of course chosen to allow moltres to emergency check physical threats and combined with will-o-wisp, it can spread status alongside amoonguss like nobody's business. I went with a more specially defensive set because both forretress and amoonguss cover the physcial side quite well, and I needed a special wall on this team. Roost allows moltres to keep itself healthy over the course of the battle, while u-turn allows it to bring in teammates for free. Flamethrower allows moltres to deal some good damage to the opponent, such as having a good chance to ohko cobalion. Tera ground is chosen because alongside resisting rock type moves, it can also in a pinch block volt switches from thundy-t if you somehow can't offensively pressure it, giving you an opportunity to 2hit ko it. It can even take a +2 grass knot in a pinch. Overall, moltres can really wall a team if positioned well and alongside amoonguss, can wall a lot of the tier.

:sv/mienshao:
Mienshao @ Assault Vest
Tera Type: Rock
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
Finally, we have AV mienshao, another personal favourite of mine. It blends an offensive powerhouse with the ability to take special hits quite well. Regenerator combined with AV can mean it can take many special hits, such as an enam-t draining kiss in a pinch. Close combat is just good stab for mienshao and was chosen over drain punch due to the lack of power on this team. U-turn can deal good damage to opponents while getting mienshao out of a sticky situation. Knock off can help deal with ghost types such as gengar, while removing items so that forretress' spikes can do their job. Finally, stone edge can rip apart flying types that might try to wall this team. Tera rock can be used both defensively and offensively, as it means mien can resist flying type moves aimed at it while also boosting the power of stone edge. Overall, mienshao can fill a variety of roles on this team as both a special wall and an offensive threat and rounds out the team.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)