ORAS OU Rain/weather team for mega swampert

I'm trying to create a rain team centered around mega swampert and want some advise. Actually I may as well call it a weather team around mega swampert cause I'm thinking of using assault vest t-tar as a special wall.
Anyway here's the team:

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: drizzle
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Sp / 252 SpD
- hypnosis
- toxic
- ice beam
- scald

Politoed is my rain maker since this team is revolving around a swift swimmer. It's only real function is to set up the rain. He needs to survive long enough to do that so I invested in hp and spd. Hypnosis and toxic are some of the only status moves on the team. Scald is STAB and boosted by the rain and of course the burn chance. Ice beam is for coverage.

Tyranitar @ assault vest
Ability: sand stream
Nature: adamant
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
- stone edge
- crunch
- pursuit
- earthquake

The other weather user. Hes also my special wall. Assault vest in the sand means he can tank any special attack. Stone edge and crunch are his power STAB moves. Pursuit is there in case he can force a switch out and catch a psychic or ghost type off guard. EQ is EQ. Im ok with having a sand user because I have 4 immunities to sand on the team.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky helmet
Ability: iron barbs
Nature: relaxed
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- power whip
- thunder wave
- stealth rocks
- leech seed

Ferrothorn is on the team to be my physical wall. He's getting switched in any time I predict a physical attack for the nice iron barbs rocky helmet combo. He's also my stealth rocker for the residual damage. Thunder wave is another status move to round out every status. Leech seed is for survivability and power whip is just a strong STAB attack. His main weakness fire is also weakened by the rain. Hes also immune to sandstorm.

Noivern @ choice specs
Ability: infiltrator
Nature: timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- draco meteor
- hurricane
- u-turn
- focus blast

Noivern's main function is a special sweeper. STAB Hurricane with 100% accuracy in rain is powerful and draco meteor is just another powerful STAB. U-turn is for switch initiative. Focus blast is just for coverage against ice types.

Nidoking @ choice scarf
Ability: sheer force
Nature: modest
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- thunder
- ice beam
- sludge wave
- earth power

More power on the special attacking side. Both he and noivern can outspeed a lot of threats and have different coverage moves. 100% accurate sheer force thunder will hurt a lot of pokes. Sludge wave and earth power are STAB hits. Ice beam is just coverage although I doubt I would ever use it over the other three. Immune to sandstorm.

Mega Swampert @ swampertite
Ability: swift swim
Nature: adamant
EVs: 100 Hp / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
- waterfall
- earthquake
- ice punch
- hammer arm

Physical sweeper and centerpiece of the team. Ev investment for enough bulk to take hits and enough speed so that the swift swim boost is enough to outspeed a lot of threats. EQ and waterfall are his main attacks from STAB and base 150 atk to destroy everything. Ice punch and hammer arm are just for coverage. Also immune to sandstorm.

What do you guys think?

Maybe swapping ferro for skarmory would be better imo as it takes neutral damage from fighting moves and is immune to ground. With roost, SR, whirlwind it cand break even multiscale pokemon easing swamperts sweep. Also consider switching hammer-arm for rain dance. Swampert can take a hit and forces most fire and ground poke switch out giving a free rain dance turn in case the drizzle runs out. On the whole though I think the team is pretty good :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)