Resource USUM PU Teambuilding Lab - Request teams here! (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried out the team today and it was pretty fun but I did run into a few problems with the team.
One big problem I had was ground types (read: Palossand) because Skuntank cant ohko it, Type null cant touch it, Silvally doesnt do anything, and Lanturn cant do enough damage to pass shore up.
Bronzong was my only way around it other than bashing Skuntank into its face really, so that was an issue.
Another issue I had was water types, only if they ran EQ tho (Kabutops in rain with SD and Continental Crush tf). It wasn't that bad but I decided, I might want a water check other than Lantern if I really needed it.
The last issue I had was with getting rid of Throh because RestTalk with bulk up kinda kills all my possibilities to kill it.

Other than that I think I didn't run into any major issues and thank you for the team! I might try another alt with Gastrodon instead of Palossand and maybe Musharna instead of Lantern? (Didnt want to use Gran or Miltank cause of Type Null and Silvally), but I'm not sure if it'll run completely smoothly.
mush + gastro > palossand + lanturn should be an alright fix, try it in the new usum meta, also keep in mind that since there are new features you should definitely try iron defense > sleep talk on type null and see how it goes, hope this way should work better for usum http://pokepast.es/c31e4f3c73a49723

Kingler @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Liquidation
- Knock Off
- X-Scissor

Hello, I'd like to request a team using Kingler. Now that it actually has a move that makes Sheer Force not worthless on it, I thought it would be cool to try out a set with it. I'm not picky on playstyles, but I'd be interested in something HO based. I'm also not too sure on the item, maybe a water Z crystal would work better. Thanks!

I'm back with another request~ While I'm testing the new revamped team of Type: Silvally core and the USUM Type: Sensu core, I have something else at the back of mind brewing for fun.

I want to try a core of single rain dance sweeper Ludicolo and Ferroseed. Together, they make a pretty neat duo with how they don't share weaknesses and that Ludicolo's Rain covers for Ferro's Fire weakness a bit. Not sure where to go from here though other than of course having a spinner like Hitmonchan or maybe Kabutops. Then I'm not sure where I'd go with that since I did want to try having a Ludicolo and Pyroar core, but that kinda sounds... hard to use. Well I'm not exactly sure where to go from here so here are the sets.

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

asa

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader

Abomasnow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Blizzard
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake

I would like to request a team centered around Choice Scarf Abomasnow, primarily bc it's the set I've had trouble building around the most, but it's also the set that interests me the most. In regard to the playstyle, it doesn't matter all too much, but I'd prefer something like bulky offense if that's not asking too much. Thanks in advance!

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ChrystalFalchion, I have finished your team however I had to alter the Torterra set because we struggled to make a functioning team with two slow setup sweepers. We also had to change the archetype to Balance because making a viable Hyper Offense team with those two Pokémon was sadly not a feasible task; we just couldn't make something that was consistent enough. We actually originally pushed it back so much because of how challenging it was, but yesterday I was building around Gorebyss with Xayah and decided to adapt our build to your request, so here it is.

Gorebyss @ Waterium Z
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic / Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Grass

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Toxic / Protect
- Gyro Ball

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes

Togedemaru @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap
- U-turn
- Toxic

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Toxic

So this team was built with Gorebyss in mind, trying to lure in common checks and chip or beat them. Gorebyss itself is really underwhelming as a Pokémon and in almost every battle it was either fodder or only able to get off one hit. The issue is how slow it is combined with it being relatively easy to check with either a defensive Pokémon like Lanturn or Gastrodon, or how it's forced out by almost every Choice Scarf Pokémon. Regardless the team is adapted to support it as much as possible. This version (which is the one I strongly recommend using) has Ferroseed over Torterra as it offers better utility, another check to Psychic-types like Jynx and Mesprit, and an overall better Water check. Magmortar rounds out the FWG core by being a strong wallbreaker capable of weakening checks like the aforementioned Gastrodon and Lanturn, along with Poliwrath. Weezing offers a strong Fighting- and Ground-type resist while also being able to blanket check physical attackers with Will-O-Wisp; along with stacking Toxic Spikes to weaken the opposing team requiring they don't have a Poison-type still healthy. Togedemaru might seem like a weird choice but it is 100% needed, as the team requires a fast Choice Scarf user to outspeed Choice Scarf Primeape and +1 Lilligant and Jynx; while also offering a way to disrupt Volt-turn teams. The final slot is dedicated to Altaria which finally got access to Defog. Altaria basically acts as a blanket check to special attackers and also as a status absorber.

Gorebyss @ Waterium Z
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 196 Def
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes

Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Zing Zap
- U-turn
- Toxic

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Toxic

This version retains your original core of Gorebyss + Torterra, but comes with more noticeable weaknesses, such as struggling versus Abomasnow, Jynx, and Mesprit a lot more. I thought I'd post both so you could choose yourself though n_n

Thank you very much look forward to testing it. Will edit with results. I didn't realize it would be so tough really appreciate the effort.

Last edited:
I want to build a flying spam core and I feel like i've gotten into bad cookie cutter team building tactics or it's way harder in pu than ou to make a reliable team.

Oricorio-Sensu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dancer
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance

I've used this a lot but taunt over sub, I feel like a scarf would be a cool lure and I love it's ghost typing, but I could understand if this got subbed out for swanna for team work+better speed tier, but it lacks a pivot option

Archeops @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sky Attack
- Earthquake
- Taunt

I couldn't find anything that could use Fly-Z with a better special than oricorio so I thought physical was the way to go and sky atttack with flyium hits 200, 25 higher than fly and if I used it on a switch it has 140 base power, high crit chance, and 30% flinch rate. Earthquake smacks rocks/steels fighting won't and taunt prevents it from being a set-up and then I could force a switch.

252 Atk Archeops Supersonic Skystrike (200 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing: 220-259 (65.8 - 77.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
Hey INSANE CARZY GUY I made your team! firstly I decided to change the Archeops set to the standard no item Acrobatics set as it is generally more consistent and works better with this team.

http://pokepast.es/ba8392e2cbf936e2

Archeops
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Oricorio-Sensu @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Revelation Dance

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Drain Punch

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Explosion

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit / Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Electivire @ Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Because the core consisted of two birds, the first thing I needed was good hazard control so I added Hitmonchan which the best spinner PU has, I also gave it Thunder Punch as the team is quite weak to Swanna. I opted for Rapid Spin over Defog because I thought that this core would work really well with Spike stack and that leads to the next Pokemon that is Qwilfish. Qwilfish also gives this team an answer to Fighting types like Hitmonchan and Gurdurr that Oricorio can't take on too well since it's scarfed. Metang was originally Piloswine but that then left the tier so I had to change up the last two Pokemon. Metang is the only other offensive Stealth Rocker that can take on Jynx well but the lack of Piloswine made the team pretty weak to Electric types and for the last Pokemon I wanted something that could absorb Electric attacks and beat the ones that annoy the team such as Lanturn so I added a niche pick in Electivire. Overall the team functions pretty well, in some situations you need to play aggressively but that is usually the nature of these type of hyper offensive teams.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
Hi Jserge, here's your Kingler team!

Kingler @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance
- Defog
- Tailwind

Jolly Nature
- Zing Zap
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Toxic

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Toxic
- Rock Slide

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Kingler was a tough pokemon to build around. It was really cool at smashing slower teams, provided the opponent didn't have a Tangela, but it was easily revenge-killed by any of the long list of Special Attackers that outsped it. I knew I wanted it to have some kind of speed support, so I added Tailwind Oricorio-G as a partner. Oricorio was a perfect fit, being able to check grass-types very well for Kingler, as well as provide Defog support. Although an unconventional choice, Cradily was picked here because it could check a lot of the special attackers that can threaten Kingler and Oricorio-G, such as Floatzel, Pyroar, and Swanna, while also setting Stealth Rocks for the team. With Cradily to tan the special attacks, I found Weezing a good partner to take on physical attackers, especially Fighting-types and Skuntank. AV Magmortar was added as a secondary check to Fire-types and a way to absorb Will-o-Wisp while providing decent offensive presence. Finally, Choice Scarf Togedemaru is a surprisingly useful pick that rounded off my team with a revenge-killer that can deal with pokemon like Jynx and Scarf Mesprit, while pivoting into Kingler with U-turn. I also changed the Kingler set to Swords Dance because Gastrodon was getting annoying and it was very difficult attempting to set up Agility, but you can change it back to Agility if you want. Overall, I think the team is pretty solid and I had fun testing it out!

Bonus: Here is another version I made with Gurdurr and Specs Mesprit. It struggles a bit more with Psychic-types but it still manages to work pretty well.

Kingler @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Knock Off
- Agility
- Superpower

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Revelation Dance
- Defog
- Tailwind

Dugtrio-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tangling Hair
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Memento

Mesprit @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Toxic
- Rock Slide

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Atk / 92 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Last edited:

I would like a team built around agility kingler, nasty plot alolan raichu and lilligant. I’m not great at team building but I feel like this is a really good core to build around. Thanks in advance!!

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I would like a team built around agility kingler, nasty plot alolan raichu and lilligant. I’m not great at team building but I feel like this is a really good core to build around. Thanks in advance!!
Sorry, but I can't accept this request. If you read the rules you'll find this:
- If you ask for a core both Pokémon must be B- or above on the Viability Rankings.
Due to Kingler being below this rank this core currently goes against the rules. What's more is that you're only allowed two Pokemon in a core, as any more restricts how we're able to build too much. When posting also keep in mind that we prefer it if you post actual sets so there's something less vague to work off, like this:

Raichu-Alola @ Normalium Z
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt/Psyshock/Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt/Psyshock/Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Celebrate
If you want to remake your post to include just Lilligant and Alolan Raichu then you may, but we're also not accepting just Kingler by itself as we've already had it as a request.

Thanks!

Hi drumstick here's your team

http://pokepast.es/8c874e927c80f1e5

First thing I thought about making a team around scarf aboma was giving it spikes support in order to help it clean, and also I wanted to pair Abomasnow with a pokemon who hates pesky waters and grounds such as Gastrodon and Palossand, and that can also appreciate and gain benefits from how our tree is able to deal nicely with them, hence why I went with Lycanroc as pokemon to pair in a starting core. Next since I wanted a spiker I decided to go with Qwilfish, since it fits better than Ferroseed, if we give a quick glance at type sinergy and weakness, being in this way our first resist to fighting. Then I went with spdef Miltank as setter, being a nice sponge overall adding some bulk to the team, and moving on I went with specs Mesprit because I noticed some lack of immediate power to the team, adding another fight resist able to give momentum which is always cool. As last slot I felt like Skuntank was able to cover up some remaining issues like Lilligant, Jynx, Mesprit and so on, while also giving emergency hazard control support to the team. Regarding the sets I slashed Pursuit with Sucker Punch on skunk, since Fire Blast is important there to no get walled by Ferroseed, who could otherwise be a nuisance to the team, but I guess you would mainly pick Pursuit unless you need a prio. Mesprit could be simply made with a max spatk/speed timid spread if you don't like my idea of saving some bulk while running an overall decent 242 speedtier and a more powerful damage output with modest, both are fine I guess. Qwilfish set was chosen to be able to spread burns and more importantly deal with Weezing thanks to Scald + Taunt combination(and annoy Ferroseed too), while being also fast enough to outspeed non scarf aboma, and speaking about him I only changed naive>hasty from your requested set in order to take less from prios, nothing fancy I guess.
Hope you like this team.

Last edited:

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
YTB Nelly

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 56 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Palossand @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Skuntank @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Poison Jab
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish

Sorry it took so long, but here's your Ursaring team. Now this team has gone through a lot of variations, but this felt like the more consistent of the builds at the end of the day. Starting with Ursaring, I added AV Magmortar for a Lilligant check and hard hitter to go alongside Ursaring. Ursaring + Magmortar had no defensive synergy whatsoever, so a defensive backbone was needed. Palossand + Ferroseed was decided on for Palossand being a Stealth rocker with recovery as well as a Normal and Fighting immunity to goalong with Ferroseed's ability to provide Spikes to complement Ursaring and Magmortar as well as a Water Resist and a response to Kangaskhan and Stoutland which can wear down Palossand due to Scrappy. Next was Skuntank which provides a Psychic response and priority which makes up for the slowish nature of the team and a Defogger to prevent being overwhelmed by opposing spike stack. A bit redundant considering the team has Stealth Rock + Spikes itself, but Skuntank fit the team better overall. Last thing that was added was Scarf Mesprit which provides a revenge killer as well as momentum for Ursaring to activate it's Toxic Orb or Healing Wish up Ursaring to give it another chance to clean up. Enjoy the team.

YTB Nelly

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 56 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Palossand @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Shore Up
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Skuntank @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Poison Jab
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish

Sorry it took so long, but here's your Ursaring team. Now this team has gone through a lot of variations, but this felt like the more consistent of the builds at the end of the day. Starting with Ursaring, I added AV Magmortar for a Lilligant check and hard hitter to go alongside Ursaring. Ursaring + Magmortar had no defensive synergy whatsoever, so a defensive backbone was needed. Palossand + Ferroseed was decided on for Palossand being a Stealth rocker with recovery as well as a Normal and Fighting immunity to goalong with Ferroseed's ability to provide Spikes to complement Ursaring and Magmortar as well as a Water Resist and a response to Kangaskhan and Stoutland which can wear down Palossand due to Scrappy. Next was Skuntank which provides a Psychic response and priority which makes up for the slowish nature of the team and a Defogger to prevent being overwhelmed by opposing spike stack. A bit redundant considering the team has Stealth Rock + Spikes itself, but Skuntank fit the team better overall. Last thing that was added was Scarf Mesprit which provides a revenge killer as well as momentum for Ursaring to activate it's Toxic Orb or Healing Wish up Ursaring to give it another chance to clean up. Enjoy the team.
Thanks a ton man!! Love the team so much!!

I would like to request a team aroundo offensive Articuno. I like this mon but it never seems to work when i use it.
Articuno @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Pressure
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Ice Beam
- Hurricane
- Freeze-Dry
Thanx in advance

Can I request a team around Choice Band Hitmonchan.
Hitmonchan @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Rock Slide
I really don't what kind of team i want. If I have to pick one, it will probably be Bulky Offense. Feel free to change things if needed.

hi again Iura , here's the team I made for your ludicolo + ferroseed request

http://pokepast.es/c5b0c63b06ab02e7

With this starting core, I immediately thought about building around a spikestacking offense with ludicolo as RD late game cleaner, which is overall a simple and straightforward concept for a building idea, but pretty effective. Mesprit is the sr setter and a great defensive pivot + main fighting check, which also gives nice support with Healing Wish making it a very useful mon for the team. As hazard removal AV Hitmonchan fits very well here, while also being able to check Magmortar and opposing Ferroseeds, not to mention the importance of priority here. Next I felt like a setup sweeper was needed here, possibily on the physical side to sinergize well with Ludicolo, and I looked no further from Carracosta, being a great addition to the team. As last slot I realized that I needed at that point a good Scarf revenge killer, and possibily something to give a secondary fighting resist or immunity, and I went with Haunter, a mon I rarely choose when building, but it was really worth to be added there, with pretty good stabs and dbond + trick as neat utilities. Regarding the sets, while the rest is pretty standard and self explainatory I went with Superpower>Waterfall on costa in order to break through Ferroseed and Gastrodon and to avoid getting completely walled, alongside adamant to abuse Weakness Policy + Aqua Jet to its best extent, or scoring a ohko to both Gastrodon and max def Ferroseed with +2 All out Pummeling if you choose to run z fight instead of policy. And speaking of z moves, I felt like slashing also Rockium z if you are looking to insta-bop at +0 Eelektross after rocks or just to avoid missing a crucial hit, hope you enjoy this team!

Hey I'm wondering if I could get a team built around a sweeping Primeape that uses a power trip set. I came up with a set here but I can't really build around it properly, I'm either looking for it to be an aggressive team or some sort of balance, thank you in advance!

Primeape @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Power Trip
- Reversal
- Earthquake

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
Hey so since I'm kinda hosting Secret Santa and I can't submit a core or anything I thought I'd come here and you know ask for a little something. This core is meant to be more so offensive then balanced and I'm genuinely looking forward to using it once someone fulfills my request. Thanks!

EDIT: You can run anything on Manectric its okay with me
Manectric @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Archeops
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost

Last edited:
I have been trying to build a squad around beartic ( because what do you have for a well played beartic , am I right? Alongside that it received a little buff in SM which I think is kind off nice and honestly speaking I wanted to play something a little bit unconventional and Beartic seemed to be a good choice because I always like it designwise and from the Story but competitivewise it never really got to shine and well I wasnt able to make it do work ) for a longer time , but due to my recent Teambuilding Inadequacies I struggled doing so , because I am not really into the PU Meta now , so this thread seems like a blessing. After thinking what could be effective I have played with the thought of Fightinium Z Superpower ( to hit bulky waters better and to have a nuke for bulky fire types in one slot , as well as bronzor which I heard has received some more Tour Usage ) and Z Bulldoze for the aforementioned Fire Types and Qwilfish. But after calcing around against other Walls and Pivots for it I came to the conclusion that those would only help in very specific Situations and additionally its easier to chip the Pokemon I wanted to luren than those I hit with the Set I want to built around , Icium Z ( based on Icicle Crash ). I swapped Superpower for Low Kick because it still hits everything hard enough , which I wanted to hit and had a hard time picking the last slot. At first glance all Frustration , Aqua Jet , Stone Edge , and even more gimmicky options like Taunt , Night Slash ( Bronzor ) and Bulldoze ( it hits qwilfish as hard as Z Crash does but can still be helpfull after the Usage of the Latter or to preserve the Z Move ) , and even more all have their positive aspects but I decided to go with Play Rough for now , in Order to not be fully Def Poliwrath which is rather rare now and slept on but I feel like ( even though it does sound weird ) its easier to chip the other Problems for Beartic and I tend to like to avoid the eventuality of it getting randomly used by someone and hindering my sweep and another positive aspect would be to have the option to knock out Pokemon like Gurdurr at +2 with a little bit of chip without burning your Z Move and saving it in case they try to out pivot it, even though loosing a Rain / Hail Turn would still be a little bit annoying obviously. Feel free to adjust some things if really needed ( you can be creative the sub sd or double dance sets too ) and thanks in advance ! :]

Beartic (M) @ Icium Z
Ability: Swift Swim / Slush Rush
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Play Rough
- Low Kick
- Swords Dance

Last edited:
Im not sure if you guys are still taking posts here, but I was hoping to see if somebody could help me build a team around A-Raticate. I am on a phone, so this post may not be super fancy, but my preferred set would look a little like this:

Raticate-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252HP/252Att/4SpDef
Moves: U-Turn
Super-Fang
Toxic
Knock-off

It does not have to have the exact moveset or EV set-up, especially if it is not as viable as the hustle set. But if at all possible I would like to utilize this set as a support mon to help a bulky offense/balance team break through other teams, yet still be somewhat difficult to break through itself. Whoever picks up this task for me, I thank you in advance for your time.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey I'm wondering if I could get a team built around a sweeping Primeape that uses a power trip set. I came up with a set here but I can't really build around it properly, I'm either looking for it to be an aggressive team or some sort of balance, thank you in advance!

Primeape @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Power Trip
- Reversal
- Earthquake
There's Sub+Bulk Up Passimian and we could try to work with a more standard Bulk Up Primeape, or just standard Primeape set, but Sitrus Power Trip is where we drew the line with unreasonably bad. Don't mind building around one of those other things, your call.
Also Broken Phobias specs manectric is kinda ass so that may or may not get changed, and Lennart we can totally work with SD Beartic but it's one of those mons where it's just not good and there's no guarantee of quality because of the thing the team is based around.

There's Sub+Bulk Up Passimian and we could try to work with a more standard Bulk Up Primeape, or just standard Primeape set, but Sitrus Power Trip is where we drew the line with unreasonably bad. Don't mind building around one of those other things, your call.
Also Broken Phobias specs manectric is kinda ass so that may or may not get changed, and Lennart we can totally work with SD Beartic but it's one of those mons where it's just not good and there's no guarantee of quality because of the thing the team is based around.
I entirely understand I would be ok with just a standard bulk up primeape.

LordST

Dormi Bene Duce
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Hey Ganso I finished up your request!

Articuno @ Flyinium Z
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Freeze-Dry

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Metang @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 132 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 88 SpD / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- U-turn
- Trick

Servine @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 120 SpD / 140 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Synthesis

So firstly I tried to make a more offensive team as I felt it would better suit the set, but ultimately Articuno's numerous weaknesses made it near impossible to make a usable team of that nature. Eventually I decided to go with Roost over Ice Beam to give Articuno some longevity and defensive utility. This allowed for a more balanced build that helped cover Cuno's weaknesses better. The first partner I added was Gurdurr to check steel types like Togedemaru and rock types like Regirock that give Articuno a lot of trouble. Metang was then added for its superb role compression as a rocks setter Normal resist, Jynx counter, Lilligant check, and a decent Archeops check. The Evs allow it to live two EQs from Archeops 100% of the time before rocks and 80% of the time after rocks. Toxic lets you cripple stuff like Gastrodon and Palossand that likes to switch in on Metang and EQ gives you good neutral coverage. I realized i was quite weak to special birds and fire types, so AV Lanturn was the next addition to the team. Hydro Pump over Scald helps you do more damage to AV Magmortar which can be quite threatening against this team. Scarf Utility Mesprit was the next addition which gives me a good way of revenging Carracosta as well as just general speed control. Healing Wish can be quite useful with Articuno and Gurdurr while Trick can cripple special walls like Type: Null that wall Articuno. Articuno requires really solid hazard control that can keep rocks off reliably in order to function. When looking for my hazard control, I really just wanted something that could very reliable beat both Regirock and Palossand. Servine fit the bill well as it also gives me a proper ground resist. 140 Speed with a Timid Nature outspeeds Modest Mesprit and Adamant Passimian with the rest in Spdef and HP to take on water types that give Lanturn trouble like Gastrodon, Ludicolo, and opposing Lanturn. Knock Off is used over other options like HP Fire so I can neuter Fire types and Drampa that try to switch in for free making them much easier to deal with. You also still beat Ferroseed, it just takes longer.

Now that you have a overview of the team, I'll list some threats to the team that you should be wary of when playing against:

Strong Fighting type breakers like LO Hitmonchan, Crabominable, and Passimian are quite scary since Scarf Mesprit is the only resist. Weaker fighting types like Scarf Primeape and AV Hitmonchan aren't as big of a deal since Gurdurr does a pretty good job checking those two. The best way to deal with these mons is to try and not give them free switchins to Lanturn, Servine, and Metang that don't deal with them very well.

Magmortar, and AV in particular gives the team a ton of trouble since it can technically 1v1 Lanturn since EQ 2hkos. AV Mag will almost always claim a mon vs this team but if you get up rocks or decide to weaken it with Gurdurr, Lanturn, Mesprit, or Flyinium Articuno, it can be played around decently. Knocking it with Servine on the switch is pretty good since Hydro will ohko after AV is gone.

Hope you enjoy the team!

hi again Iura , here's the team I made for your ludicolo + ferroseed request

http://pokepast.es/c5b0c63b06ab02e7

With this starting core, I immediately thought about building around a spikestacking offense with ludicolo as RD late game cleaner, which is overall a simple and straightforward concept for a building idea, but pretty effective. Mesprit is the sr setter and a great defensive pivot + main fighting check, which also gives nice support with Healing Wish making it a very useful mon for the team. As hazard removal AV Hitmonchan fits very well here, while also being able to check Magmortar and opposing Ferroseeds, not to mention the importance of priority here. Next I felt like a setup sweeper was needed here, possibily on the physical side to sinergize well with Ludicolo, and I looked no further from Carracosta, being a great addition to the team. As last slot I realized that I needed at that point a good Scarf revenge killer, and possibily something to give a secondary fighting resist or immunity, and I went with Haunter, a mon I rarely choose when building, but it was really worth to be added there, with pretty good stabs and dbond + trick as neat utilities. Regarding the sets, while the rest is pretty standard and self explainatory I went with Superpower>Waterfall on costa in order to break through Ferroseed and Gastrodon and to avoid getting completely walled, alongside adamant to abuse Weakness Policy + Aqua Jet to its best extent, or scoring a ohko to both Gastrodon and max def Ferroseed with +2 All out Pummeling if you choose to run z fight instead of policy. And speaking of z moves, I felt like slashing also Rockium z if you are looking to insta-bop at +0 Eelektross after rocks or just to avoid missing a crucial hit, hope you enjoy this team!
So... I dont really wanna admit this but... the ways I lost with this team were... kinda sad.
Mostly this team did well, nothing really bad with it happened and everything worked well together other than having to cheese out like Skuntank and Archeops without boosts. Overall I didnt really experience too many issues but... Yeah so there were two losses I dont want to remember out of like ten games tried and... hahaha.
One loss was cause of two stone edge misses. Straight up.
One loss was because a Scarfed Golem beat my Ludicolo. Lesigh. Not my finest moment.

Other than that, great team, I can stockpile this into my usable teams, that other team you made with Type and Silvally needs to be dusted off a bit by me I kinda just forgot to make it better with me starting to get back into the groove of teambuilding.

Hey Ganso I finished up your request!

Articuno @ Flyinium Z
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Roost
- Hurricane
- Freeze-Dry

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Atk / 64 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Metang @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 132 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 88 SpD / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- U-turn
- Trick

Servine @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 120 SpD / 140 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Synthesis

So firstly I tried to make a more offensive team as I felt it would better suit the set, but ultimately Articuno's numerous weaknesses made it near impossible to make a usable team of that nature. Eventually I decided to go with Roost over Ice Beam to give Articuno some longevity and defensive utility. This allowed for a more balanced build that helped cover Cuno's weaknesses better. The first partner I added was Gurdurr to check steel types like Togedemaru and rock types like Regirock that give Articuno a lot of trouble. Metang was then added for its superb role compression as a rocks setter Normal resist, Jynx counter, Lilligant check, and a decent Archeops check. The Evs allow it to live two EQs from Archeops 100% of the time before rocks and 80% of the time after rocks. Toxic lets you cripple stuff like Gastrodon and Palossand that likes to switch in on Metang and EQ gives you good neutral coverage. I realized i was quite weak to special birds and fire types, so AV Lanturn was the next addition to the team. Hydro Pump over Scald helps you do more damage to AV Magmortar which can be quite threatening against this team. Scarf Utility Mesprit was the next addition which gives me a good way of revenging Carracosta as well as just general speed control. Healing Wish can be quite useful with Articuno and Gurdurr while Trick can cripple special walls like Type: Null that wall Articuno. Articuno requires really solid hazard control that can keep rocks off reliably in order to function. When looking for my hazard control, I really just wanted something that could very reliable beat both Regirock and Palossand. Servine fit the bill well as it also gives me a proper ground resist. 140 Speed with a Timid Nature outspeeds Modest Mesprit and Adamant Passimian with the rest in Spdef and HP to take on water types that give Lanturn trouble like Gastrodon, Ludicolo, and opposing Lanturn. Knock Off is used over other options like HP Fire so I can neuter Fire types and Drampa that try to switch in for free making them much easier to deal with. You also still beat Ferroseed, it just takes longer.

Now that you have a overview of the team, I'll list some threats to the team that you should be wary of when playing against:

Strong Fighting type breakers like LO Hitmonchan, Crabominable, and Passimian are quite scary since Scarf Mesprit is the only resist. Weaker fighting types like Scarf Primeape and AV Hitmonchan aren't as big of a deal since Gurdurr does a pretty good job checking those two. The best way to deal with these mons is to try and not give them free switchins to Lanturn, Servine, and Metang that don't deal with them very well.

Magmortar, and AV in particular gives the team a ton of trouble since it can technically 1v1 Lanturn since EQ 2hkos. AV Mag will almost always claim a mon vs this team but if you get up rocks or decide to weaken it with Gurdurr, Lanturn, Mesprit, or Flyinium Articuno, it can be played around decently. Knocking it with Servine on the switch is pretty good since Hydro will ohko after AV is gone.

Hope you enjoy the team!
Thanks for the team. I really like it so far. I played 15 games with it on a fresh alt and lost one game. Ferroseed can be a bit annoying but it's manageable. I will eleborate my opinion about the team when i get on the higher part of the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)