Tournament PU Official Roomtours

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Approved by Magnemite and galbia
OP Stolen from Magnemite
Art by Kiyo with modifications from Cresselia~~

Presenting Official Room Tournaments, hosted in our PU room on Pokemon Showdown! With a common complaint being the poor quality of the ladder making it difficult to get good PU games, we'll be hosting more competitive roomtours daily. Players who win a tournament will get points on a scoreboard and the player who got the most points at the end of it becomes a candidate for roomvoice!

The PU room has been very lacking in competitive events, and we're hoping you all take advantage of this event as an opportunity to test, chat, and make friends with other PUers. We're not offering Room Voice as a prize, but players who consistently participate, place well, or just enhance the tournament experience in some way will not go unnoticed as good users. Mods will post the name of whoever won the tour that they hosted, and I'll keep track of all the wins in this thread.

We understand everyone isn't going to place, however. We'd love to see everyone improve, so if you have any concerns, you can pm any one of these users for help:

Megazard
galbia
Magnemite
Anty
TONE114
2xTheTap
Raiza
-Grim
Montsegur
Dell

These are the current room moderators and room owners. A big part of our drive to do this is to bring more new users into the folds of our community. We'd love to get to know and help as many of you as we can!

The schedule is as follows (EST or GMT -4)...
Sunday: 11 AM and 2 PM
Monday: 5 PM
Tuesday: 8 PM
Wednesday: 5 PM
Thursday: 8 PM
Friday: 5 PM
Saturday: 11 AM and 2 PM

Please note that there is always a possibility that tours do not get started on time, as PU only has so many mods who have different issues with time zones. If the tour has been left too late, feel free to ask a voice or driver to request that a global moderator starts it for them, and if a tour is skipped then we apologize.

Points will be simple, with one point going to the winner on weekdays (Monday-Friday) and double points on weekend tours (Saturday/Sunday).

Sign-Ups will stay open until 10 minutes past the assigned time. Mods, please do not start a tournament before then as it's unfair to any players who may show up a couple minutes late.

During any given official roomtour, scouting will be turned on in order to prevent any form of counterteaming.

Also, our room auth are highly encouraged to participate as well! Having seasoned players in the mix adds to the tournament experience and creates a more competitive environment.

If any of you have any questions, please feel free to post them!

Winner:
Runner-Up:
Time:
Day:
# of Users Entered:
Replay (optional):
Global who started tour (optional):

Last edited by a moderator:

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Round 1 (Closed)
Shuckleking87 - 1
CrazyStevy - 1
Terrakion. - 1
Al-kun - 1
Teddeh - 11
zdrup15 - 2
White Hair Killer - 4
CalmDreamer - 2
Ranbu No Melody - 1
Dundies - 7
Thisbemyalt - 1
ManOfMany - 3
Rebel Pawniards - 2
Kaboom - 5
RawMelon - 2
amber lamps - 2
Golden Freddy's - 2
aw heck! - 2
cryalot - 3
Sonny Rositano - 1
EnemyJurist - 2
galbia - 2
Crimzig - 1
iHatez - 1
iEntei - 3
Optical Real - 5
Haund - 1
Tect - 1
Strucker - 1
average fella - 1
tjfreckles - 1
Eldin - 2
Iron Pyrite - 2
In The Way Guy - 1
Baul Plart - 1
Deej Dy - 4
SpecsMegaBeedrill - 1
Anonymous Man - 1

Round 2
Dibs The Dreamer - 2
Dundies - 1
ManOfMany - 1
In The Way Guy - 1
ICDWIWIIW - 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok since there's apparently been problems where some people in certain timezones (namely the Australians) are unable to make a lot of the tournaments, so I've changed the schedule a bit. It is now as follows:

Sunday: 11 AM and 2 PM
Monday: 5 PM
Tuesday: 8 PM
Wednesday: 5 PM
Thursday: 8 PM
Friday: 5 PM
Saturday: 11 AM and 2 PM

If you need to check back at later times, it's in the OP as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)