Tournament PSPL V Group Stages: Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So there's less than 24 hours before the end of week 3. Here's just a little post to let you guys know what happens afterwards.

At the end of the week, I'll be posting the final activity calls for the week along with the top 2 teams from each week that advances to the playoffs and which team is in which seed for their group.
  • If there are no tiebreakers needed (which only occurs if two teams are tied in points, win differential, and head to head matchup), the playoffs top 16 will officially commence 24 hours after the post I make. This is to accommodate those that aren't too familiar with tournaments on forums. Of course, if I receive all the lineups from the 16 teams that advanced before that, we'll start early. Any team that doesn't submit their lineup in time will be reusing their lineup from this week. If you aren't making changes, do let us know as well for the benefit of possibly starting early.
  • If tiebreakers are needed, teams playing for those will have to let us know (or even post on this thread) which tier they'd like to nominate. The default tier is OU, so once the two other tiers are known, both teams will PM their lineup for the tiebreaker to us and proceed to play after we announce the matchups.
    • Other teams that advanced who aren't involved in tiebreakers should obviously send in their lineups in the meantime (unless you're waiting to see who your opponent is).
    • Playoffs start latest 24 hours after tiebreakers end for the same reason and for the benefit of those involved in the tiebreakers.
Good luck everyone!

Calling activity on Croven, I messaged him on his smogon wall on Tuesday for available times to play yet I haven't had a reply back at all.

Gotta call activity, I've been available all week since Wednesday but never got a response from Shrug until yesterday morning where he kinda tried to schedule. Told him when I could play and still heard nothing until early this morning while I was sleeping where he just tried to get me to play then. I've got stuff to do so I can't play today which could've been avoided if he'd responded earlier

Don't want to but, calling activity [Jhon (Battle Spot) v PD (Cap Project), Kanto]
We had a fairly messy scheduling (check his wall), but ultimately decided to play his morning/my afternoon today (we're 8 hours apart).
I've been online since before 6am his time, now 10:45 and no sign of him on ps or further contact here despite him having been online less than an hour ago. It's now evening here and I need to go eat and get ready for tomorrow.
I was awake this morning looking for your name on PS, but to no avail. I am still open to playing (Jhonethan) check my wall, but since you are apparently too busy to play now then I guess we can't get the battle done

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Calling activity on SHSP, I left a message on his Smogon wall this past Thursday and haven't even gotten a reply despite him having been shown to be online throughout the week since

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Don't want to but, calling activity [Jhon (Battle Spot) v PD (Cap Project), Kanto]
We had a fairly messy scheduling (check his wall), but ultimately decided to play his morning/my afternoon today (we're 8 hours apart).
I've been online since before 6am his time, now 10:45 and no sign of him on ps or further contact here despite him having been online less than an hour ago. It's now evening here and I need to go eat and get ready for tomorrow.
This is an incredibly underhanded activity call. You started the post with saying you wanted to play Saturday or Sunday. Saturday rolls around and PD tries to schedule (he even tried to schedule for Friday too) and you just dodge him, claiming you're only available during a tiny time window on Saturday. Then, when he's not online you try to vaguely schedule something for his morning Sunday. He wakes STILL in his morning Sunday (11:00 is still his morning) and you're not on. And somewhere in the middle you complain about not wanting to schedule so late yet at the very beginning of this charade you were the one who wanted to battle later than PD. PD's been incredly cooperative to him and you're clearly fishing for an undeserved activity win.

You wanted to battle Saturday or Sunday and then turned around and claim, after the fact, that your activity window on either days is only open to a tiny window of a few hours AND you only disclosed what these hours practically during the time they occurred, not beforehand like a proper scheduling attempt. As far as I'm concerned, your broke your own schedule and didn't show up on Saturday/Sunday since PD's been on and wanting to fight the vast majority of the time while you've been on for just a tiny sliver of times that you never properly announced.

So I guess call this a reverse-activity post? idk, this is just crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: PD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)