Sports Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
I still cant tell if this whole thing with Rollins is a really elaborate work or he is actually injured. They seem pretty confident that Rollins will be able to compete at mania which is throwing me off.

Kid comes into work to buy WWE 2K17.
Me: So, who's your favourite wrestler?
Kid: Goldberg!
Me: Goldberg, eh? Think he'll beat Brock at Wrestlemania?
Kid: Yeah!!

...I'm looking forward to this small child's dreams being crushed.

Kid comes into work to buy WWE 2K17.
Me: So, who's your favourite wrestler?
Kid: Goldberg!
Me: Goldberg, eh? Think he'll beat Brock at Wrestlemania?
Kid: Yeah!!

...I'm looking forward to this small child's dreams being crushed.
I think he misheard you because Goldberg is a sports entertainer not a Wrestler

This year's Hall of Fame was amazing, got to see DDP, Jim Cornette on WWE television again, Teddy Long do the Tag Team Match/One on One with the Undertaker memes, Kurt Angle reprising his role as God, and doing all his old prop skits, AND HE SUNG SEXY KURT OMFG!

This year's Hall of Fame was amazing, got to see DDP, Jim Cornette on WWE television again, Teddy Long do the Tag Team Match/One on One with the Undertaker memes, Kurt Angle reprising his role as God, and doing all his old prop skits, AND HE SUNG SEXY KURT OMFG!
Yes HNNI It was a Compilation of memes titled the WWE hall of fame class 2017.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Soooo I might have the urge to get back into wrestling again, ironically only because Drew McIntyre is back and I thought he was ace when I saw him. Is it better or worse than it was 3 years ago when I last watched properly?

Soooo I might have the urge to get back into wrestling again, ironically only because Drew McIntyre is back and I thought he was ace when I saw him. Is it better or worse than it was 3 years ago when I last watched properly?
Lets put it like this. It's Roman Reigns yard now...

Take it how you want

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
I mean it depends when exactly you stopped watching as 3 years isn't really solid time indicator but I'll update the best I can.

The quality of matches has definitely went up, as we have had people consistently putting on great matches every show *cough* AJ Styles *cough*. While the booking has still remained somewhat questionable there are some hot topics such as Braun Strowman, AJ Styles, Charlotte Flair, The Miz, and Chris Jericho/Kevin Owens (I'd say pretty interchangeable as they have both been involved in the same angle for a while now). About a year ago there was brand split, and recently they refreshed those rosters with a "Superstar Shakeup. Throughout that year of the new brand split, Smackdown has proved to be the superior show by quite a lot. The main show ppvs have been pretty good with this past Wrestlemania being the best in recent history (at least in my opinion) and the NXT PPVs being phenomenal, seriously go watch all of the #DIY vs Revival matches and #DIY vs Revival vs AOP. Other notable matches in recent history are AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon (Wrestlemania 33), AJ Styles vs John Cena (Summerslam and Royal Rumble), Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn (Battleground), Dolph Ziggler vs The Miz(No Mercy), and AJ Styles vs Roman Reigns(Payback and Extreme Rules), Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns(MITB), Shield Triple Threat(Battleground). There are probably a lot more but I didn't want to put too much there.

Overall I'd say the product has improved, If you are planning on watching again I'd watch Smackdown Live (booking is a lot more consistent than RAW) and since you say you like Drew, NXT. If you have any further questions the guys in the Pro Wrestling room on Showdown would most likely be more than happy to help.

On a side note, Undertaker gave the deed to his yard to Roman Reigns.

Arcueid

nah i'd win nah i'd win nah i'd win
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
Honestly recommending you to watch Smackdown Live, and skip over RAW for now, as Raw's booking is shit and has been terrible for quite a while now. You might want to watch NXT as well as Drew is over there and the quality of NXT is great.

They did a brand split last year as well, so it is not compulsory for you to watch both Raw and Smackdown Live. Smackdown Live has AJ Styles, Randy Orton, Cena, Zayn, Kevin Owens, Jinder Mahal (current #1 contender), and other people as well such as The Usos.

Overall, the product is overall a mixed result: it has declined in Raw, improved in Smackdown Live and NXT and has been putting out great matches such as Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn (Battleground 2016) and AJ Styles vs John Cena.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, The Hardyz have returned and are currently Raw tag champs. You might want to watch Raw for that.

Do visit the Pro Wrestling room (http://psim.us/prowrestling). We're very active during shows and ppvs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)