Metagame Post-SPL Set Dump - NU Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
Guess I'll be the first to post. I was pretty boring and didn't use anything extraordinary but i'll post some sets :heart:

Malamar @ Tanga Berry
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Signal beams from random psychic types that come in to check aren't so much of a problem. U-turns from anything that aren't banded Scyther/Pinsir mean you don't instantly die either. Didn't get to shine but it's a fun item to replace leftovers.

Sceptile @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Giga Drain

not innovation but it got the job done. I used it with toxic spikes and it did really well. EQ's replaceable but I found it fitting. Sceptile often forces a lot of switches so it's able to get behind a sub to ease prediction / set into overgrow range and heal off damage with giga drain.

Charizard @ Passho Berry
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

shoutouts Can-Eh-Dian although it never came into play @_@

Altaria @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Roost
- Roar

Fluffy fighting resist. don't really care for dragon pulse. It's not forced out by a whole lot and Altaria is cool :)

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 196 HP / 136 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Speed is to outrun base 50's to attack first, you may use more speed to feel comfortable. Fix the rest if you want too but I just went with that. Stop Musharna, Audino healing blah blah etc. Can-eh-Dian brought Ferroseed which is normally a counter but it's helpless when you have taunt, came in really handy keeping hazard / leech seed of the field.

bzzt (Rotom) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Thunderbolt

Week 2 against Jarii? Underrated Rotom set, I think it caught him off guard a little bit. Instant power is neat.

shiloh

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Tiering Lead
ok my turn :3c

to the moon (Jumpluff)
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- U-turn
- Memento
- Acrobatics

think this set is a little well known, but its honestly a really dope set that gives flying coverage + memento. planned on using it week 1 against Hawk but saw no reason to use it over sceptile so I switched it up. think it could still work if you pair it w/ the right mons though like Smash Barb / Oma.

Skuntank @ Life Orb
Ability: Aftermath
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Acid Spray
- Dark Pulse
- Defog

this one is a bit wilder than the others, but Acid Spray fucks over so much shit that trys to block defog / switch in. it can also be used w/ teammates in order to make the best use of it when pairing it with like LO Rott or Sceptile in order to get shit tons of damage off on things like Hariyama.

gucci gucci (Vivillon) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Powder
- Quiver Dance

for those of you who don't know powder stays on the opponent for as long as they stay in, so powdering magmortar then going to like vileplume or another mon weak to fire is a great bait for something like offensive plume or spikes roselia. really wanted to use this set week 2, but Finchinator threatened to bench me if i did :d

go hard (Torterra) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

lum tort was cool back when zard wasn't around since you could beat things like rotom that lead off and just wisp you, but then you OHKO them w/ wood hammer :3

luv haus (Mantine) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 16 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Rest

chesto rest mantine is great for teams that want a more specially defensive hazard remover but also want the benefits of recovery. funnily enough came into play against bouff week 2 when i blocked his sleep powder and basically won the game from there

the girl (Pyroar) (F) @ Flame Plate
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flame Charge
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]

ngl came up with the team and this set about 10 mins before fighting cased and as scrolling thought oh it gets that, let me put it on. but its actually a pretty fun set as you are no longer revenged by things like Sceptile / Swellow / Tauros etc if you manage to flame charge up on something like rotom or mismagius

compass (Hitmonchan) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

wanted to be able to hit mantine / pelipper for good damage, but didn't want to run thunderpunch since that fucks you against rotom so this was the best middle ground i could find. you can lure in things like zard / scyther as well which is pretty cool.

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ground]

planned on using this set against blast, but decided to go w/ the old reliable rotom instead. np mismag is still a moster though and can rip through unprepared teams that run skuntank as their only ghost resist and think they'll be fine

Claydol @ Custap Berry
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Endure

ok this is probably one of my favorite sets that i came up w/ this SPL. had enough fighting checks on the team, and realized that custap claydol isn't that bad of an idea, and since it already has a basically filler move just replace it w/ endure. i honestly think this came into play in every test match i had with it and its probably one of my favorite claydol sets to run.

1990s (Tauros) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail

this set should probably see some more usage tbh. i know it isn't anything new but iron tail tauros is probably only of its best coverage moves rn, with a resurgence in rhydon's and the ability to hit mega audino, there really that many downsides to using it aside from missing out on rotom and never hitting =\

coming down (Duosion) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Acid Armor

wanted to use this vs waters because he seemed unprepared for it (which he was, fuck speed ties and crits) and its honestly just a good mon in general. people have gotten into the habit of throwing steelix on a team and saying "ok no more psychic checks needed" and while that isn't necessarily a bad thing it allows the user to be exploited very easily by things like duosion and supersprit.

control (Gogoat) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

posted about it in the vr, but the EV spread outspeeds standard skuntank + magmortar and OHKOs them both with EQ at +1

tdk :3 (Growlithe) @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz

TDK

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Skuntank @ Lum Berry / Shuca Berry / Life Orb / whatever
EVs: 32 Atk / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sucker Punch

Technically mentioned on the analysis but still counts since no one ever uses it. I just hate running Skuntank without Sucker Punch, and I didn't feel like my team needed hazard control.

Swellow @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Endeavor

Pretty self-explanatory, baits in fat stuff like Audino and Magmortar and switching up moves is useful. I prefer this over Silk Scarf Brave Bird + U-turn because it lets it accomplish more vs bulkier teams.

Gorebyss @ White Herb
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

As Can-Eh-Dian would call it, the good set. Psychic bones Poliwrath, retains coverage on Vileplume, and does tons to Hariyama, while HP Fire still kills most Grass-types with an extra bonus of bopping Ferroseed. Gorebyss is really underrated in general.

Combusken @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Thunder Punch

SD Combusken is another really underrated set, its typing is pretty useful for offense but can't make much use of it without Eviolite (and special Evio requires BP support imo). T-Punch was mainly to bait in Mantine for Gorebyss, and with the extra coverage it's insanely hard to wall after a boost.

Shoutout to the Busken + Byss + Memento core in general, double Speed-boosting setup sweepers is just crazy scary with that kind of support.

Xatu @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Grass Knot
- Signal Beam / Tailwind / Roost

Again, technically "standard" but no one uses it. Pretty neat alternative Xatu set on HO teams though it doesn't really work anywhere else. You can also toy around with a lot of stuff in the last slot; not much of a fan of Roost personally but I suppose it's usable.

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Mirror Coat

I hate running defensive Mantine, but if you're gonna do it, you better run something cool. Requires a bit of prediction, but really useful for smashing miscellaneous special attackers that think they can beat you 1v1.

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
Ability: Weak Armor
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Explosion
- Ice Shard

Ice cream :heart: A lot of people just don't prepare well for Ice-types, and the most common Ice resists in the tier are busted by Explosion.

Weezing @ Custap Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 148 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Destiny Bond

And finally this is probably my favorite set I came up with this SPL. I have this set on a couple teams, and it put in work in nearly every game I used it in (except for, unfortunately, my match against Waters FeelsBadMan). Your opponent thinks you're just sacking it and then you click Destiny Bond and take a life. The Speed is for max Spe Steelix and the SpD is for Sceptile I believe (don't remember though).
Bulky NASCAR Rhydon: the spread I ran was 188 HP / 16 Atk / 128 SpD / 176 Spe Adamant. Outspeeds max Spe Lix, gives enough bulk to switch into Swellow 3 times with SR up, and hits a jump point in attack.

Custap Berry Steelix: not the first one to use this though I really like it

Grass Knot / Play Rough Liepard: There's a lot of neat techs you can use in Liepard's last slot. My favorites are these two, which one you use depends on the team.

SD Pass Scyther: Definitely doesn't compare to U-turn on most teams, but really neat if you build around it. Though it sucks that two of the best recipients (Sawk + Gurdurr) are kill

Yawn + Protect Prinplup: Wanted to use this at some point but never got the chance (the set I used W9 had Signal Beam + Yawn). Tect is specifically to lure Rotom; you Yawn it on the switch and Tect as they Volt Switch trying to get rid of the sleep.

Will-O-Wisp special Combusken: baits Hariyama while not being useless against Mantine and Pelipper

Last edited:

Mesprit @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Signal Beam
- Trick

you click ice beam and 2HKO steelix / skuntank. then you switch out, come back in, click psychic and watch mons die.

Drifblim @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp

sub disable is neat cause a lot of mons only have 1 move to hit drifblim b/c of its neato defensive typing

Omastar @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Scald
- Protect

protect is the best option on defensive omastar cause you scout choiced mons and gain back lefties to help beat normals. you dont beat mantine anyway w/ ice beam.

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpDef
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Metal Burst

metal burst lets you bait in and beat claydol and those annoying wisp hex users that everyone's running rn. rly cool option in the last slot also it doesnt beat sliggoo

Charizard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Roost

not exactly creative but i brought it first D: my bread and butter mon in the last couple weeks, it always put in work when it hit it's wisps and was always a valuable team member on offense. use this set more its fucking awesome

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 140 SpDef / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sucker Punch

LOL

e: this set got a kill w/ sucker punch against user: bouff

Last edited:

Cased

Banned deucer.
HOHOHOHOHOHO DOES DADDY HAVE SOME SETS

@ Lum Berry
Ability: Protean
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpA
Lonely Nature
- Knock Off
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Sneak
- Stealth Rock

Kecleon is one of my current favorite Pokemon, it's so much fun to use and so versatile. It has no switchins that aren't neutered thanks to STAB at anytime. Skuntank I guess is the only thing that comes in on this but even then, if you run a non-Stealth Rock set, PuP is actually quite an awesome filler. Lum helps against Weezing, Rotom, Combusken and everything that uses Will-O-Wisp in the tier. Fire Blast / Knock Off neuter any physical wall which is awesome as well. Sucker/Shadow Sneak mindgames is awesome too, can check Musharna if played properly! Also its SpD is fucking insane and lives literally any hit

@ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Daddy only runs the best sets, this shit is so bulky and you actually 1v1 Musharna with Curse. Also everyone knows how angry Fire-types make me and how they all create a stagnant tier at time when it comes to building, and this helps a lot with those. While Wisp sucks, Curse setting up along a lot of stuff is cool. Idk, I run dumb shit. I have a lot of it.

@ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / U-Turn
- Knock Off
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

This set is really cool and I know I told rozes about it and I think he built with it more than I did. People think that U-Turn Scyther wears down checks but I think Knock Off does that a bit better. A lot of Scythers checks do love their Leftovers or Eviolite item and are generally blanket checks to a lot of things (Steelix, Rhydon, Weezing, etc) Also Rotom hates taking Knock Off, and a lot of people bring in Rotom on Scyther and I'm just like ?_________? ok. This is cool though, I like this. It's neat.

@ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
Timid Nature
- Lovely Kiss
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Counter

The Smogtours crowd went the most crazy when I revealed my favorite Jynx set. Oblivious is for Taunt from things like Mismagius and things of that nature. Nobody risks Dry Skin anyways unless dire late-game situation and I think this Jynx isn't living until that late in any game. I also gave Bouff the idea for Counter lead Cacturne, and in a metagame where fast U-Turns and things like that are common leads, Counter can be really neat.

@ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Air Slash
- Protect

This is on the Smogon site obviously but I think it's super underrated right now. The best SubSeeders are the ones that can 2hko any Pokemon that stop it (yeah fuck you clefairy and xatu but w.e), Grass-types are scared of Air Slash and Tropius is insanely bulky. It's just an odd Pokemon and a lot of people play cautiously around it. It doesn't take much from Lix and stuff which is cool, and Leech is great at whittling Pokemon down. Huge fan of this, checks so many Physical attackers with Sitrus as well obviously. Thanks to Hikari for suggesting it :)

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Rapid Spin
- Superpower

Kabu is cool right now, outpaces Sceptile with Adamant nature unlike Barbaracle. Can provide fast and unexpected Spin against faster threats you may not feel the need to kill. Can check Fire-types with correct prediction as well. Mainly around to get surprise kills, against Offense currently, fast Rock-type Pokemon really annoy it. This isn't some Godly innovation, just a cool little thing people have been running more and more of lately and I wanted to give it recognition.

@ Salac Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Daddy set #1. I've swept a lot of people in tests with this, pretty straightforward. Need HP Divisable by 4 to make this Sub/BD gain the Salac boost. Takes huge balls to use, don't use if you're a pussy, which goes for most of my sets.

Hasty Nature
- Acrobatics
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

Item-less lure, once people see Acrobatics they think Omastar and Rotom and shit like that is a counter, nope.

yeah im getting tired of writing shit clearly but yeah specs abomasnow with Grass Knot 2hkos Hariyama and 2hkos everything else in the world with blizzard.

So I have a few sets now we're actually out, rip.
Alexander (Pyroar) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Hyper Voice
- Endeavor
Love this set, swept so many times in testers, shame it got critted against bouff otherwise endeavor weakening lanturn would have been amazing.

KINGY (Vileplume) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Worry Seed
- Moonlight
Good ol' worry seed to aid any malamar weakness in which seemed to harm my teams.

BIG BIG BOOM (Swellow) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Defog
Mixed brave bird to do 60%ish to magmortar / oh ko sceptile, amazing if the opposition's team is weakened.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Bullet Seed
- Stealth Rock
Because I needed ways of hitting DD rhydon and water types so i wasn't completely destroyed by barbaracle setting up subs on me specifically, got to show it off against can.

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Atk / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
- Mach Punch
cased was right during our game when he knew i had stone edge, i just didn't want to risk him being special life orb and just ohko'ing my gurdurr because it was the win con. This mon was extremely underrated before rising imo.

Sceptile @ Leftovers
EVs: 160 HP / 168 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
Sub seed set, absolutely killer. I think by the end of spl, sub sceptile > leaf storm in the way it forced switches, if this got a free sub it got at least a kill (if no xatu)

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonlight
- Barrier
- Baton Pass
- Psychic
Barrier pass musharna to sliggoo, aided my win against shane week 6 :) Also paired it with mega-audino, that thing would have never died lol

There's loads here, hope you enjoy some inspiration :D

i didnt feel like logging in but i like contributing to threads like this so imma drop the juice. not a lot of these sets are exactly stellar but they are cool

BAMBIETTA (Exeggutor) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Naive Nature
- Solar Beam
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Explosion

pretty much most of the viable sun abusers in the tier have trouble dealing with skuntank, so i put boom on this cause there wasnt really anything else i needed. i guess it isnt /that/ great because skunk kills you with sucker anyway if you use an attack before it, but it worked for me in testing vs it (if you can win the sucker suit mindgames in case they think youre tryna save it), and it poops on yama and magmortar as well. i find it more useful than sleep powder and it paves the way for sd chicken to sweep or if you want to set up sun again for other abusers safely

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Thunder Punch

i originally was going to use this set against ted when i played him, but it made my team too slow so i put ebelt thunder punch sawk over it, but that things gone now so i might as well post this. i thought tpunch was a neat tech vs teds style of balance, since i had a feeling he liked mantine / peli, especially since the latter loves to switch in on hari

fail to exist (Cacturne) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Energy Ball
- Sucker Punch
- Counter

as case said he gave me the idea for this set. counter sash really fucks with most things that would usually stay in on it like scyther, fightings like sawk and yama, other uturners, etc etc. spikes is also nice for the offensive team i decided to use since it wears down a lot of mixcheops checks. speakin of which,

shes a dreamer (Archeops) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Stone Edge
- Heat Wave

not the most original set but its good for breaking down defensive cores, you can obviously adjust the coverage based on your team but id like to think stone edge is necessary since it hits really fucking hard. heat wave is nice for steels (particularly ferroseed) so i can support a klinklang sweep

stewardess (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 168 HP / 124 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Explosion
- Toxic Spikes
- Focus Blast

again, not the most original set. i know a lot of people had used this set by now but i think i was the first one to use it in spl and i had been putting it on my teams since preseason so iunno. focus blast is good vs lix and gears because it hits them for a good amount of damage, and while accuracy sucks it doesn't hit like a bitch unlike drain punch, literally the most useless move imaginable on garbo. i used boom because it was nice for preventing hazard clearance, but you can customize garbo a LOT depending on your teams needs, it gets a ton of surprsingly good stuff like giga for rhydon and quag, tbolt for mantine / peli, psychic for other psns, etc etc. the speed is to outspeed jolly 70s, but again you have legroom to customize the spread

death of yolo (Muk) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Giga Drain
- Memento
- Fire Punch

giga drain was something that i thought would work well before i went into my game but it didn't do much. i was a little worried about omastar (mainly ss variants but defensive ones were a good reason in running it too since i didnt really wanna take my chances of risking xatu getting scald burned or taking a huge chunk from ice beam), and i guess it does a decent chunk to rhydons switching in. quagsire is a good target of giga too though, since a huge stop to barbaracle, who appreciates memento support. i didnt really feel like i needed focus punch or shadow sneak so i just went with that..muk is a cool mon though, more people should use it

alowha (Steelix) @ Occa Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

tanks hits from special zard and lets me poop on em with rock slide, not much else to this set

reckoner (Grumpig) (M) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Focus Blast

kind of a known thing now but self explanatory, i needed a proper wincon and i didnt need avest /that/ badly but i did want a good answer to fire types and that kinda stuff so i went with this. you can mess around with coverage if you need to, but i only realized till after my game with waters that colbur berry is dicks, you're not really taking hits that much better so you might as well use something like lefties or mind plate or anything else lol

other stuff:

Fraxure @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Low Kick

i tried really hard to build with this thing but it didnt really work out lol, but dragon stab is pretty threatening to a lot of teams atm, and low kick does a decent amount to lix (at least after a boost). you can fiddle around with sub / low kick but those are just what i prefer the most, just know that low kick does jack shit to ferro

Jynx (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Lovely Kiss

sash / scarf jynx is already threatening enough to switch into for most teams but +2 lo ib / psych ruins most defensive cores. lovely kiss offers you set up opportunity, not much to say about that. only downside of this set compared to the others is the lack of rk'ing capability, but jynx already has a pretty good speed tier anyway. focus blast seems like a neat option at first but ib does like 80ish to 136 hp klinklang so i dont think its needed that much.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunder

fucks with the water flyings and taunt archeops, and you 2hko xatu if thunder paralyzes unless theyre running max spd lol

will post more goods when the season ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)