SM OU Polaroid

Polaroid

Introduction
(Sorry if I have something grammatically incorrect, English is not my language.)
Hello everyone, welcome to my team that is based on 3 cores that help the team both offensively and defensively, and surprisingly works against many teams that are used in the ladder of OU, no more curling let's see how I built this team.
Teambuilding

I started this team with Mega alakazam, a fantastic mega in the metagame currently, able to take many teams that does not have something like AV gears, steela or chansey. It may seem strange to use keldeo currently with so many Tapus and Alakazams and Mlati@s but CM keldeo is a fantastic stallbreaker / wallbreaker thanks to his typing and access to Secret Sword and Taunt, able to take many stalls teams that have common unaware user like pyukumuku, fact that keldeo after 2 or more boosts can finish with the most common chekers of Malaka.

After I made my first core, I decided to put Landorus Therian and Heatran, the two best pokemons currently, this core can handle both Offense and Stall, thanks to the versatility and effectiveness of this core.

Even with the core LandoTran, I still encounter problems against pokemons like AshNinja, Zygarde, Tapu Koko, Mega swampert and other wallbreakers, so to close the team, I put TangPex core that has as function to hold these monsters so that I do not lose immediately and to be my pivots. As they abuse Regenerator on this team is so good because Alakazam and Keldeo force switchs and with Lando's U-turn, I always get to finish most matches with that core alive.

Team Depht-Look

Alakazam-Mega (F) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Psychic
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball
Recover

As I said before, I started this team with Mega alakazam, a pokemon that recently has become one of the best megas to have in a team, not only for the immense firepower but for the ability to check pokemons that give work to many teams like Mlati@s and heatran. Psychic is an excellent move to click on since there are few pokemons that can get into it, Focus Blast eliminates Dark Types and most Steel Types, saves AV gears and Celesteela. Shadow Ball hits bulky Psychic Types with Mew, Jirachi and Reuniclus as well as hitting other Alakazams. Recover recovers its HP that helps to always enter the field without worrying about Hazards and the amount of switchs that forces, it is much easier to use Recover. Spread is the normal one that is displayed in SmogDex.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Waterium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Scald
Secret Sword
Calm Mind
Taunt​

Since AV gears, Steela and Chansey are one of the few things that can stop Mega alakazam, I needed a pokemon that could easily knock things over, I thought of Tapu Lele, who in addition to knocking down these mons gives Psychic Terrain to Alakazam, however Lele cant get into Steela and AV gears and defeat easily by requiring many CMs setups. So I remembered CM keldeo, who in addition to entering safe in Steela (AV gears only after SPAtk drop) and Chansey, manages to knock them down easily with or without CM boosts, besides being able to get into Ash greninja. Scald is a good move to use that gives burn, denying Steela's Leftovers recovery and slowly weakening Gears. Secret Sword is an excellent move that manages to deal immense damage on many special walls. Calm Mind and Taunt help break Balance and Stall as it allows Keldeo to set up Pex, Pyukumuku, Ferrothorn lacking Power Whip, and prevent Hazards Seeters from setting hazards.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 96 Atk / 212 Def / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
Defog
Earthquake
Stone Edge
U-turn

At this point I needed something that would prevent Mega Pinsir, Mega Charizard X & Y and Tapu Koko from destroying the team and then Scarf LandoT (A.K.A. The best Mon in the Meta) went into revenge to kill these mons and other misfortunes. The moveset is standart except for Stone Edge which aims to eliminate the pokemons mentioned above (provided I do not miss). The Spread I got from another team that was made by someone (I forgot the name LEL) and well, what to say more about LandoT?

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Taunt
Lava Plume
Earth Power
Stealth Rock

To help the team against Fairy and Ice Types I put Heatran, who along with his good defenses and good typing can check many threats in the metagame. Taunt serves more so that Toxapex does not enter for free and click Toxic (Spikes) among other pokemons that make life a hell. Lava Plume serves to be a STAB that does not miss and that has a chance to give Burn (I NEVER managed to burn using Lava Plume and when I finally got it it was in a Guts Conkeldurr LEL). Earth Power is only meant for other Heatrans not to enter for free. Stealth Rock gives chip damage that helps the team get KOs.

Toxapex @ Shed Shell
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
Toxic
Scald
Haze
Recover

Toxapex (A.K.A. the cancer) is one of the reasons I do not lose to AshGren, ZardY, FairiumZ Magearna and Volcarona lacking PsyZ. Toxic serves to stop Hawlucha, Zygarde, ZardX and other Setuppers from setup for free. Scald because Scald burns. Haze to get Boosts and Recover to continue annoying in his opponent, Shed Shell is more useful to check Magma Tran (and Perish Trap Azuma) but I seriously think of Payapa Berry to help me even more against Volcarona with PsyZ and other Psychics Types.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Sassy Nature
Giga Drain
Knock Off
Hidden Power [Ice]
Earthquake

Assault Vest Tangrowth is a pokemon that I like very much to use because there are only a few Pokémon that can kill this, the moves are Standarts but to summarize: STAB, remove items, Lure LandoT and Zygarde, Lure Heatran and Magearna. Complements Regen Core with Pex and I dont know what else to say about Tangrowth

Threatlist

This thing with IciumZ + Epower can be walled?
I hate Stall so much, c'mon its really annoying
and the parents of those who use Stall should cry in disgust.
these two do the same problem against this team: what set they are. Every time I face they, I hope that they are not Choice Specs, or if not every time they enter it will be a kill if predicted wrong.
if these two come in for free just sack something (or dogde from HJK / Zheadbutt and Play Rough) and force them to go out and play offensively.

Anothers Threats:

Volcarona: As stated before, the problem is if you have PsyZ and HP ground. If you do not have both, just scout and weaken it.
Hawlucha: If this is set up and is not intoxicated or burned, just say GG and click X.
Mega-Alakazam:
If Alaka is Timid and has Shadow Ball and your Lando is with low HP/dead just click X.

Importable

https://pokepast.es/181fd3b437064a35

Last edited:

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
Hey Octazook ¬-(°-°¬-)! This team is really similar to a team that I just finished rating and since I stumbled across it, I figured I could leave you some feedback. Imagine Dragons is also my favorite band so I know you definitely deserve to have your team rated.

=========================

You've already identified some threats to your team, so I'm going to list them out once again to help us as a reminder:

Instead of expanding on these threats, which you already seem to have done, let's focus on some changes we can make to improve your matchup against them.

Specially Defensive
To help out your Psychic-type matchup, I'm going to recommend running a specially defensive Heatran here. It hurts your stall matchup, but currently I think it's more important to have an answer to Psychic-types, and non Z-Move Heatran gets stalled out by Gliscor anyways. Protect helps you out by gaining chip damage on opposing Mega Medicham and gaining extra Leftovers recovery against Choice Specs Tapu Lele.

Offensive Scarf
In the current meta I value offensive Choice Scarf Landorus-T over a defensive variant, and I also think that Explosion would be a good emergency button against opposing weakened Hawlucha that would use you as setup bait. You lose out on a way to hit opposing Torn-T, but specially defensive Heatran should handle it pretty well.

>

Although I added a specially defensive Heatran, Mega Alakazam is still annoying if it is able to land two Focus Blasts on it. I'm suggesting a Payapa Berry on Toxapex to help you out even more against Psychic-types and the rare Psychic Volcarona as well. Shed Shell helps against Heatran, but I think you have pretty decent counterplay with Keldeo + Toxapex + Alakazam.

Calm Mind > Shadow Ball
My last optional suggestion is going to be replacing Shadow Ball for Calm Mind on Mega Alakazam. Although you lose out on hitting opposing Psychic-types super effectively, opposing Timid Mega Alakazam outspeeds you anyways and you can use Mega Lati@s as setup bait. Calm Mind allows you to threaten bulkier builds that don't have a Mega Sableye (which walls you regardless) much better. Personally, I'd also run Timid to not speed tie against opposing Ash-Greninja, but I'll leave that up to you.

(click me!)

All somewhat minor changes, but it was hard to change any Pokemon while maintaining the original core of Mega Alakazam + Keldeo without opening your team up to more weaknesses. Although I think your team is a bit more consistent than it initially was, it still has some weaknesses.
is still really hard to break through, but luckily, it doesn't see as much usage as Mega Alakazam or Mega Mawile.
can bust through your team depending on the set, so make sure to keep Mega Alakazam healthy enough in the back and scout its set. Lastly,
can be a huge threat if you let your Tangrowth get weakened or Toxic, as its your only switch-in to it.

Hope the small changes helped out your team, and PM me if you have any questions! :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)