Gen 5 pokemon white, bulky offense (i think)

metagross (Metagross) @ Life Orb
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Agility
- Earthquake
- zen headbut

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Ability: sand stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Crunch

swampert (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: torrent
Adamant Nature
- Dive
- Rain Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

bisharp (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head

volcarona (Volcarona) @ Focus Sash
Ability: flame body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic

forretress (Forretress) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Forretress is the setup here for spikes etc..., i chose him because he has sturdy so it atleast makes him able to put a type of spikes once, but since hes pretty bulky i can do it multiple time if my opponnent isnt well prepared at the start of the battle, also if i need to kill a pokemon that is really annoying for my team i use explosion

Volcarona is pretty direct with the movepool he has, he setups with quiver dance until hes almost dead and after that i use him to sweep with multiple moves such has flamethrower,bug buzz and psychic(i might change psychic for a hidden power of some sort, like fight,grass or steel to kill rock types) and once hes setup it makes a rough pokemon to kill

Bisharp works a bit like a revenge killer, he uses thunder wave incase there is an opponent who outspeed him, and with the paralyze effect on he can setup for atleast 1 sword dance, thats the scenario if i dont use him has a revenge killer with sucker punch, iron head is there because it is STAB and it goes with Bisharp perfectly

swampert is used has a bulky tank, he has leftovers dive so he can heal more health plus with the rain on he can pack some serious damage to some team, and is double type water ground makes him like a 'lightning rode' and ice punch is used incase of a dragon or any other ennemy

tyranitar is the most offensive of my team, with the set that he has, he can put some damage to allot of 'op' pokemons such has heatran, im using this set so i can have diversety on super effective moves, i might change life orb for choice scarf, super power is incase of an emergency against a foe that lowered tyranitar's health to the point were he gets killed

and lastly metagross, he uses an agility set so he can attack first wich is the main problem with metagross,it speed, with is high attack he can do some serious damage with attacks such has earthquake, zen headbut or meteor mash with 2 of these moves has STAB,

So any change i should make? feel free to tell me

Hi, I don't really play BW2 OU, so I'm not the best person for advice, but there's nonetheless a few things I noticed about your team.

First is that your team has some glaring issues with certain types, notably Fighting (only resist is Volc, which is physically frail), Ground (3 weak no res) and Water (2 weak, no res), with the latter being a huge deal because of rain. You're likely going to have to swap out multiple members of your team to cover this, so idk which members of your team you value the most.

As far as individual sets go, you're probably going to want to run some speed EVs on Volc, as it really needs to be able to outpace stuff to work, while Psychic isn't really a great option, you'd probably want Giga Drain or HP Ground or something. Meanwhile your Forretress set is kinda overkill and a bit confused tbh. Setting up all of those entry hazards isn't really realistic, and it kinda wastes Forre's other utilities. Speaking of, you might want to include Gyro Ball, so Forre isn't a total pushover (don't expect too much from it tho), and you might also want to consider Rapid Spin because hazard removal is really valuable, and basically mandatory with Volc on the team. The reason I said the set was confused is that your team is really offensive, so you might want to consider a custap set. On that note, a ghost is also strongly recommended to block opposing spinners. Lastly there's Swampert. Simply put, it's just not a very good offensive pokemon, it's much better at playing defensively. Also the set you chose is pretty weird, Rain Dance doesn't make that much sense on this team imo, while Dive might be good at stalling for lefties but it's a terrible offensive option as the opponent knows what you're doing in advance and can thus easily exploit you

Immediate thoughts -
Your team really really hates rocks. Sash doesn't do a lot of work on Volc when you've got no hazard control. Bulky sash is even worse.
You're weak to a last-mon scarf, especially keldeo. Your team doesn't have a lot of speed, and its bulk is generally fighting-weak.
Four physical attackers, one special isn't great, especially when your special attacker is a late-game sweeper.
The swampert is horribly out of place. Your team doesn't benefit from rain at all.
Has Bisharp ever clicked T-Wave? I can't think of any mon you'd stay in on that you don't want to either hit or SD on.

Suggestions:
Give Forretress Rapid Spin in place of T-Spikes. T-Spikes aren't doing that much for your team, you should be able to break stall anyway.
Change either T-Tar or Bisharp to something that can handle the scarf-metagame.
Remove swampert entirely for either a fast special attacker or specially defensive mon. Maybe Roserade?

Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Light Metal
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbut

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Roserade @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Focus Blast
- Iron Head

Volcarona @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Giga Drain

Forretress @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

forretress has been changed with rapid spin and not T spikes
Bisharp has been changed with focus blast and not Thunder wave
volcarona has been changed with gigadrain and not psychic
Tyranitar was changed for roserade choice specs
swampert was changed for gengar scarf
metagross stayed the same

so any more changes?

Well, what's the point of Focus Blast on Bisharp? You won't hit anything significant with it, especially since you run Jolly nature and 0 special attack evs. Change to Brick Break so you hit heatran, or maybe Substitute since that's how people ran their bisharp in bw if I recall correctly (bisharp has always been pretty rare there).
The strength of Volcarona comes from being one of the best setup sweepers in the game. A choice-scarf set means you're basically wasting its potential to sweep teams. Also, note that you're still running quiver dance on a choice-locked pokemon. Remove that scarf asap, and give volca lum berry or passho berry or bug gem to perform this role better.(If you really want to use Scarf Volcarona, I guess you could experiment a bit with drought, dugtrio and u-turn but victini and darmanitan are still waaaay more consistent.)
The same applies to your Choice specs synthesis roserade. That said, roserade in bw ou imo only has a niche as a supportive Pokémon who lays toxic spikes and puts something to sleep, while soft-checking certain threats. Choice specs mainly suits to offensive behemoths like Latios, Hydreigon, Keldeo, Tornadus who either have better speed, special attack or better STABs to spam. Roserade's special attack is good, but grass/poison coverage in ou means you'll never be able to get past heatran, skarmory, ferrothorn, scizor and many other threats.
You took that set from the UU analysis, right? Well, if you read carefully it clearly states synthesis only works for life orb sets, while choice specs ones should run rest / extrasensory. However, even if you were to switch to life orb, synthesis would still be 90% of the games a dead weight, because sandstorm and rain teams run rampant in ou (sand / rain makes synthesis restore only 25% hp). My advice would be: check the OU analysis for roserade, you'll find a slightly different offensive set that lists Hidden Power Fire/Ground as a primary option. Try it out and if you find it lacking, switch to either defensive Roserade or Choice Specs Latios / Slowking. I'll elaborate later on this point, I have to go now.

lol i forgot the scarf on volcarona xD

so i've changed the set on roserade for hidden power fire instead of sleep powder and i changed volcarona's choice scarf for left tovers, also i removed focus blast for brick break on bisharp

any more change i should make?

Edit: after a few fight i noticed my team isn't good to take out fire type's, so i need a good choice anyone has an idea on who i should put and who to remove? im thinking metagross but he might be clutch in some situation, bisharp and volcarona are great sweepers, i need gengar for that levitate hype, and roserade is pretty good

i mean i have EQ on metagross but he gets swept by a victini :/

Edit Edit (why not lol) : i noticed that rotom wash has levitate and hes a water type so that means i could have a ground immunity and i could beat fire types! so gengar for rotom?

Last edited:
If you had a sash on volc to avoid getting ohko'd by rock attacks, you could always try Charti Berry.

Edit: I have no idea if charti existed back then. Ignore me if it didn't.

for the momment thats how my team works :/
file:///C:/Users/Utilisateur/Downloads/Gen5OU-2017-07-31-pudgybutdah-lupin666.html
js if you want to get a shareable link to a replay you need to go for the upload button rather than the download. This does nothing for anyone without access to your computer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)