Pokemon TCG general discussion

I haven't found a Pokemon TCG general discussion thread, so I'll make one here. You can talk about real-life experiences with the cards, as well as handling the digital clients, most notably the official Pokemon TCG Online.

I would like to inform people of this news report! Pokemon TCG Online mission mode~

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/a-daily-dose-of-pokemon-fun/

EDIT: I can only assume this is the right forum for this thread. Feel free to move if you must, mods.

I have a few questions for anybody who has played both sides of the TCG (More relaxed paced(like theme decks) as well as the kind of stuff you see in tournament play(Exes everywhere)

1: Which is more fun to play? Because on one had the EXes everywhere seems like it would just be a race to see who can draw their EX first, but Theme Decking (TDing) has the power issue (I draw Golurk, opponent has nothing that can survive one hit from it, I 6-0). I have only played TD style and must have a win/loss ratio of about 10/1.

2: Are the EXes really that strong? Do they practically guarantee a win when the opponent has no EXes?

3: Is it more fun to have both players using a strong deck (Average HP of about 90) or more fun to play TD style(Deck has strongish people and weakish people but nobody really outstanding.)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)