Format Discussion Pokemon Sun/Moon Random Battle sets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I get where you come from. There's not really an objective outlier like 'banned from ubers'... Could you do something like a vote perhaps? There isn't really much...

Geomancy Xern forces every ubers team to run at least 2 checks, usually a PDon and Steel or Fire type mon... Perhaps something around that...? I do know it's not the same, but I don't see another way to approach this.

Has Necrozma's double battles set been addressed yet? "iron defense, automatize, trick room, and moonlight" is useless, what's the point of a +2 speed if I'm setting trick room, and by this point everyone knows its set up fodder and its a waste to attack it and they focus on the other pokemon. I've had it a least once every day that i've played for the last two weeks.

Has Necrozma's double battles set been addressed yet? "iron defense, automatize, trick room, and moonlight" is useless, what's the point of a +2 speed if I'm setting trick room, and by this point everyone knows its set up fodder and its a waste to attack it and they focus on the other pokemon. I've had it a least once every day that i've played for the last two weeks.
It's more likely to be addressed if you post it in this thread.

Why dragon ascent is not an option in rayquaza?

I really do not understand, it's a completely viable attack and would also put mega ray in random

I do not know if the mega is banned, but it also does not make sense, since strategies like speedpass of ninjask and smashpass of huntail are allowed

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Random Battles are PU-Uber only, so Mega Rayquaza (and with it Dragon Ascent Rayquaza) is banned. Things like Baton Pass are allowed since the ability to structure teams around/supporting them makes them overpowered for non-random formats.

The ban of Mega-Ray doesn't explain the ban of Dragon Ascent, as it is possible to use a Dragon Ascent Ray without mega-evolving in Ubers.
Thats claused in; it wouldnt be impossible in game, but as mray is banned from ubers doing so would forfeit the player the match so the option is turned off. In randbats, that clause isnt there.

What is the point in Scizor when it doesn't know bullet punch (especially when all its attacks are resisted by fairy)?

Add Piloswine to the NFEs eligible for selection but remove Superpower. (It's Eviolite-enhanced bulk greatly outperforms Mamoswine's and sets it apart as a noticeably bulky yet non-passive rocker.)
I agree, and while we're at it, there are some other NFEs that could perform decently well, especially with stuff like Unown in the mix. Magneton, Tangela, Dusclops, and even light ball Pikachu could be cool.

duck

duck
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What are the possible natures and items of each pokemon? It's not in the document.
All of them have a neutral nature (like Hardy), 31 ivs except 0 in speed for trick room and gyroball users and 0 in atk for special attackers. The only exeption i can think of is unown who i think it is modest.

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think it's more that neither pressure nor defog will come into play a majority of the time in randbats and both have minor use, so neither is massively prioritized

The Dedenne Petaya berry set is horrible, at least without substitute, you're almost never letting your health drop below 25%.

I think it's more that neither pressure nor defog will come into play a majority of the time in randbats and both have minor use, so neither is massively prioritized
Defiant is useful outside of Defog, though. It counters Intimidate, it can turn your opponent's hax back on them if they score a stat drop with any of the countless moves that have a chance of doing that, and it punishes Sticky Web. These aren't situations that come up in every random battle, for sure, but they're far more numerous than situations where you'd PP stall with Bisharp of all things.

10/10 set, needs nerf

Yeah this happened fsr. Randbats loves me like that.
Would appreciate a fix. Not sure why it hasn't been, or if it was, why it happened.
Had a similar issue, I got 'Nape with NP/SR/Stone Edge/Flare Blitz. Will post the screenshot if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)