SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 74429
From left to right: Ojou-sama, Bugmaiden, Zappy, Makoto, Pyroclast, and Lythronax. I was also using Toucannon up until I got to the final trial and could get Jangmo-o.
SunTeamA.png

My Sun Team: from left to right Kirishima, Hatsuharu, Ikazuchi, Akebono, Hyuuga, Ashigara

I kind of cheated a bit by breeding the first three in Moon with almost perfect IVs (Kirishima and Hatsuharu's are perfect except for being a few points short on speed, Ikazuchi's Attack is garbage but it's perfect everywhere else, and I bred Play Rough onto Kirishima), using the relearner for them (mostly so Hatsuharu had Revelation Dance from the get-go), and sending Ikazuchi back to Moon to evolve her early (which I highly recommend doing if you have both games and a Bank account).

Even though it's been quite a while (like, I played it on release), I might as well list out my team:

Decidueye (Loki): A pretty decent member of the team. Dropped off towards the end unfortunately, but did well early-game. A solid starter pick.
Magnezone (Ramuh): Absolutely phenomenal. Just, utterly, completely useful throughout the whole playthrough. Thanks to the early Eviolite, its long stint as Magneton was productive and I was actually somewhat sad to see it evolve. Can't recommend it enough.
Lurantis (Marth): I...ugh. I was not planning on using Lurantis, but its first stage was so cute that I couldn't help myself. It was...useless. It was dead weight most of the playthrough, unfortunately. Unfortunate typing, terrible speed (oh just seeing I got a Mild nature so that's probably a factor but it was still bad), just don't use one.
A-Marowak (Majora): A mixed bag. Thanks to the Thick Club I got, it hit like a truck. Unfortunately it was slow and fragile, but it did its job well.
Gyarados (Morpha): I realized I was hurting for water types, and realized that I don't think I've ever actually used a Gyarados in game before so I decided why not and went with it. I had Rare Candies stockpiled so this thing skipped its stint as a Magikarp and just destroyed everything the whole game. Eventually had to purposefully ease up on using it because it was hogging the spotlight (go figure)
Lunala (Szeth): I really, really, really wanted to use a Type: Null. I just really like its design, flavor, and stats so I wanted one so bad. Then I found out it was post-game only (well, looked it up around when I got Lunala), and was saddened. So, as I was at the end of the game and was at a loss for what to use, I just threw this guy on my team. Was actually not terribly useful (I mean, better than Lurantis and probably Marowak but still), but it did work.

Overall, the team was...OK I guess. Three Ghost weaknesses was annoying, and any time I faced a Snorlax I ended up walled, but were I to rank the team it'd probably be Gyarados/Magnezone > Lunala/Marowak/Decidueye >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lurantis (never again. It was that bad. Sorry, you have a great design and Fomantis is adorable, but when push comes to shove you're just not very good). Gyarados and Magnezone competed for top spot (Gyrados probably wins out but it was close), Lunala and Decidueye have a really, really close battle for 3rd, with Marowak close behind. Lurantis just couldn't even compete and might as well have not existed. Shame, really, but what are you gonna do?

I used this team in Pokémon Sun, and easily completed the game with it! These 6 Pokémon are my favorite newly introduced Pokémon except for Alolan Raichu and Crabominable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)