Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
New Content
Mega Start Festival (Mega Start costs 0 coins to use for stages 1-150).
Buzzwole UB Challenge (10 attempts instead of 3, only pay 20,000 once)
Mega Steelix Competition (Bring Typhlosion)

Returning Content
Zygarde 50% Escalation Battle
Hitmontop Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Winking Cyndaquil Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Special Daily Pokémon #1 (Drops PSB's)

Future Content
Start of Month Challenge
Camerupt Safari (With Female Hippopotas/Hippowdon)
Tapu Fini Ultra Challenge
Feraligatr Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Zygarde-10% Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Zygarde-Complete Ultra Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Winking Totodile Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Special Daily Pokémon #1 (Drops PSB's)

Event Pokémon
Buzzwole: Base 70 Fighting-type w/ Demolish.
Tapu Fini: Base 70 Water-type w/ Barrier Bash++.
Hippopotas-F: Base 50 Ground-type w/ T-Boost.
Hippowdon-F: Base 60 Ground-type w/ Final Effort.

EB Prizes
Lv5: 1,000× Coin
Lv10: 1× Exp. Booster S
Lv20: 1,000× Coin
Lv30: 1× Moves +5
Lv40: 1× Mega Start
Lv50: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv60: 1,000× Coin
Lv70: 1× Disruption Delay
Lv80: 2× Exp. Booster S
Lv90: 1× Skill Booster S
Lv100: 1× Raise Max Level
Lv125: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv150: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv160: 2× Exp. Booster M
Lv180: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv200: 3× Raise Max Level
Lv235: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv250: 5× Raise Max Level
Lv285: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv300: 7× Raise Max Level

All done.

Last edited:
Got to about 75k coins. After spending 20k on Buzzwole, I'll have 55k plus whatever I can get out of Weekend Meowth minus an item run for the competition to spend on the EB. Could the 16 RMLs we can potentially get from this EB be a sign that new RML-eligible Pokemon are coming soon?

EDIT: Apparently Demolish has a chance to do 9x damage on matches of 4. Saw someone on Reddit say that Demolish's activation rates are 80%, 82%, 84%, 86%, 89% from SL1 to SL5, which looks really good for a skill that requires "just" 61 SB if, you know, you absolutely need that 9%.

Last edited:
So Buzzwole seems pretty awesome, albeit in need of some RML's to complete the package.

I don't like the look of this EB, considering last time Zygarde basically made a C-1 mandatory for its late stages due to absurd HP totals.

So Buzzwole seems pretty awesome, albeit in need of some RML's to complete the package.

I don't like the look of this EB, considering last time Zygarde basically made a C-1 mandatory for its late stages due to absurd HP totals.
But now we have Shot Out Vanillish. Or did we have that last time and I just didn't use it?

But now we have Shot Out Vanillish. Or did we have that last time and I just didn't use it?
All I know is that last time I at least didn't use it. The bigger change is having much better Disruption busters like Beedrill, since the original Escalation the best we had for Megas was Gengar to try and combo before DD wore off, or something like Steelix to eat the Blocks once it did wear off. Beedrill and better tappers mean we have the means to eliminate the disruptions and still do some combo setting the entire time, if only by tapping out Beedrill icons to keep complexity down, meaning the Mega isn't dead weight for half the turns. I still have to figure out if bringing the disrupted Dragons is ideal, bringing 1 of them and removing the other with Shot Out, or just going full Beedrill removal and trying for Dancing Dragon/Silvally combos. Honestly, Zygarde's HP is so high later on that most Burst damage is pointless compared to raising Combo damage for a 3-mon set up, barring maybe LDE for the last 4 moves if you need to take off some 40k with entry and incidental combos, which still amounts to at best something like 15% of the health pool for Stage 300.

All I know is that last time I at least didn't use it. The bigger change is having much better Disruption busters like Beedrill, since the original Escalation the best we had for Megas was Gengar to try and combo before DD wore off, or something like Steelix to eat the Blocks once it did wear off. Beedrill and better tappers mean we have the means to eliminate the disruptions and still do some combo setting the entire time, if only by tapping out Beedrill icons to keep complexity down, meaning the Mega isn't dead weight for half the turns. I still have to figure out if bringing the disrupted Dragons is ideal, bringing 1 of them and removing the other with Shot Out, or just going full Beedrill removal and trying for Dancing Dragon/Silvally combos. Honestly, Zygarde's HP is so high later on that most Burst damage is pointless compared to raising Combo damage for a 3-mon set up, barring maybe LDE for the last 4 moves if you need to take off some 40k with entry and incidental combos, which still amounts to at best something like 15% of the health pool for Stage 300.
Wow, it was that long ago? Then yeah I'm pretty sure Shot Out Vanillish wasn't a thing back then. Shiny Mega Diancie would be a better choice over Steelix if you have that invested. I'm just gonna wait and see what others say about this EB. I wanna go all the way for all those RMLs, but it could get expensive quickly. Sucks that I didn't invest in LDE Zygarde 100%

Did they also add new tiers for competitions? Top tier gets 15 RMLs now, hope they're actually adding RML-eligible mons soon and that this isn't just to get people to jewel it up.

Last edited:
Shiny Diancie might be useful if you're going with Goomy and Zygarde to match Disruptions, but remember that this goes back to the issue of not getting much mileage out of the Mega under a Disruption Delay compared to a Tapper.

Honestly, RML's are losing meaning for me because the escalation of Survival mode without a sufficient substitute means I can't gain EXP fast enough to actually keep up with the RML gains even at my current levels.

Sigh...Another EB with practically no skill boosters...This time I'll probably stop very early, maybe I'll get to 180 to get the third skill swapper, and that's all. I have no interest in getting more RMLs, levelling up after lvl 12 takes so much time that I never find myself lacking RMLs.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Pokemon JP Twitter just confirmed a new Ultra Beast for tomorrow. If they're going in order of Pokedex number, it'll be Buzzwole.
For a second while reading that first sentence, I thought this was the USUM thread and my hype went through the roof. Then I read the other sentence, went "huh?", checked the thread title, and the hype deflated faster than a beach ball dropped over a clay pidgeon shooting range.

October 3rd New Content
Tapu Fini Ultra Challenge (costs 600 coins)
Pokémon Safari #5: Roggenrola, Boldore, Gigalith, Fletchling, Fletchinder, Numel, Hippopotas (Female), Hippowdon (Female) - STARTS ON OCTOBER 4TH

Returning Content
Totodile (Winking) Great Challenge; drops PSBs (50%, 50%, 12.5%)
Feraligatr Great Challenge; drops PSBs (25%, 12.5%, 6.25%)
Zygarde (10%) Great Challenge; drops PSBs (25%, 12.5%, 6.25%) - 7 DAYS ONLY
Zygarde (Complete) Ultra Challenge; drops PSBs (50%, 25%, 12.5%)
Special Daily Pokémon #2: Torchic (Winking), Treecko (Winking), Mudkip (Winking), Castform (Winking), Pikachu (Sleeping); drops EXP Boosters

Future Content
TBD

Tapu Fini: Water-type, 70 BP, Barrier Bash++
Hippopotas (Female): Ground-type, 50 BP, T-Boost
Hippowdon-F: Base 60 Ground-type w/ Final Effort

Last edited:
Caught Tapu Fini a few minutes ago. Items: AP+ and MS; team: M-Diancie (15, 10/10, MB+ SL2), Shaymin (10, SL4), Luxray (20, CA+ SL5), Meganium (12, SO SL5); moves left: 9. Way easier than its predecessors, although I admit it was a somewhat lucky run (two CA+ activations and above average combos).

I got lucky wiht the free MS and an AP+ to catch Fini with 25%. Now grinding Zygarde for LDE until Safari drops tomorrow to catch the Hippos, since I probably won't take the Escalation any farther with the massive cost and thus don't need to grind coins right now unless I cap out naturally or such. Using the Diancie duo to eat the various rocks and blocks while having Goodra + Vanilluxe for Burst against spawned Xerneas/Yveltal icons. Beedrill and Burst damagers obviously help, and I expect this will get easier as LDE goes up and I can put Zygarde itself back in for a consistent finisher (about 30k HP is easy enough with SL3-4 LDE)

Was busy the entire weekend and still haven't gotten to 250 in the EB (I usually finish in a week). The lack of Unity Power activation is really making me wonder if going to 300 is worth it. I still have about 55k coins left (and can get more in Weekend Meowth), but I might give it a rest and level up Zygarde-C's LDE before making any more progress. With the Tapus out of the way (yay for no full-item run Fini and caught in 21% Poke Ball), the only remaining coin grabs are the Ultra Beasts, if they continue with the 20k for 10 runs format.

I tried using pika pal's team but can't consistently beat it, probably since my Vanilluxe is only at SL3, not to mention Unity Power not activating when I need it most.

I'm finding Beedrill more consistent once Zygarde gets to SL3 for LDE activation power, and a big thing I'm lacking with is Po4 Xerneas, which means I have two Shot out/Disruption candidates rather than Xerneas being free SE combos. Also using Beedrill more to get faster Barrier removal now. Another, slightly riskier option, would be to use Ninetales to Freeze Zygarde and just try for Unity Power and no Shot Outs.

Yeah I was wondering why you didn't use Xerneas, though I thought you might've wanted it to be a non-support for the extra Shot Out opportunities. I think I might go with Mega Beedrill since the disruptions do get quite annoying, and Block Shot isn't always guaranteed.

Yeah I was wondering why you didn't use Xerneas, though I thought you might've wanted it to be a non-support for the extra Shot Out opportunities. I think I might go with Mega Beedrill since the disruptions do get quite annoying, and Block Shot isn't always guaranteed.
I never grinded it while it was here, whether for lack of a skill booster or a different priority, especially since Dragon is the only type he adds a Burst damager for that I can't fill a team for. I'd probably grind him a bit if he came back again since I'm better at pacing content for now and the RML buffs among other things make Xerneas a much better Burster than when I remember it first appearing. I don't know if a user exists, but Rock Shot would be good for Zygarde since there are Rocks in both the disruptions and the Skyfall.

I never grinded it while it was here, whether for lack of a skill booster or a different priority, especially since Dragon is the only type he adds a Burst damager for that I can't fill a team for. I'd probably grind him a bit if he came back again since I'm better at pacing content for now and the RML buffs among other things make Xerneas a much better Burster than when I remember it first appearing. I don't know if a user exists, but Rock Shot would be good for Zygarde since there are Rocks in both the disruptions and the Skyfall.
Unfortunately, there isn't an SE Rock Shot Pokemon out there.

Do you mind sharing your pacing tips? I find myself going further than most do in EBs (I think I've only ever not finished one), and can't find the time/coins to grind skill levels. It probably doesn't help that I'm more or less a hoarder in most games I've played and prefer to keep my stock of RMLs at at least 30, which is more than I need, I know, but just in case they drop a ton of good RML-eligible mons in one update.

Unfortunately, there isn't an SE Rock Shot Pokemon out there.

Do you mind sharing your pacing tips? I find myself going further than most do in EBs (I think I've only ever not finished one), and can't find the time/coins to grind skill levels. It probably doesn't help that I'm more or less a hoarder in most games I've played and prefer to keep my stock of RMLs at at least 30, which is more than I need, I know, but just in case they drop a ton of good RML-eligible mons in one update.
For EB's I typically stop on the last reward stage before I'd need a full item run, then I go about other grinds (PSB's, main stages, coins) before deciding on going farther fi I'm free and have a coin stash. I also don't do item runs of most comps unless I have good mons ready ahead of time to get into the higher tiers.

Safari with Hippopotas (Female) and Hippowdon (Female) is now available, both with pretty good appearance rates at 20% and 10% respectively. Log in rewards for September are also being distributed upon check in today.

I've lost count of the number of PSB's I've missed out on because Unity Power didn't activate even once. Also stopped the EB at 250, it really isn't worth it at this point, even though I have 55k coins left.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
New Content
New Main Stages (Deoxys-Defence)
New Expert Stage (Shiny Genesect)
New RML Increases
New SS Options
Type Combo Abilities buffed
Mid-Month Challenge (Basically Start-of-Month Challenge)
Item Bundles Expanded
Camerupt Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Poliwrath Great Challenge (Drops PSB's, RML's)

Returning Content
Mega Camerupt Competition (Bring Poliwrath)
Volcanion EB
Politoed Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Special Daily Pokémon #3 (Drops PSB's)

Future Content
Halloween Safari
Daily Pokémon #1 (Drops Coins)
Ho-Oh Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Bellossom Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Kingdra Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Spooky Sableye Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Shiny Gyarados Pikachu Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Alolan Marowak Great Challenge

Main Stages / Expert Stages
Torchic: PSB Farmable
Deerling-Autumn: Base 50 Grass-type w/ Cheer.
Combusken: PSB Farmable
Misdreavus: PSB Farmable
Octillery: Base 60 Water-type w/ Big Wave.
Sneasel: PSB Farmable
Sawsbuck-Autumn: Base 60 Grass-type w/ Nap Time.
Weavile: PSB Farmable
Mismagius: PSB Farmable
Victreebel: Base 60 Grass-type w/ Hitting Streak+.
Feebas: PSB Farmable
Larvitar: PSB Farmable
Meowth: PSB Farmable
Milotic: PSB Farmable
Piplup: Base 50 Water-type w/ Counterattack+.
Pupitar: PSB Farmable
Prinplup: Base 60 Water-type w/ Three Force.
Persian: PSB Farmable
Tyranitar: PSB Farmable
Deoxys-Defence: Base 80 Psychic-type w/ Counterattack+.
Shiny Genesect: Base 80 Bug-type w/ Last-Ditch Effort.

Event Pokémon
Marowak-Alola: Base 60 Ghost-type w/ Shadow Dance.

EB Prizes
Lv5: 500× Coin
Lv10: 1,000× Coin
Lv15: 1,500× Coin
Lv25: 1× Exp. Booster S
Lv40: 2× Exp. Booster S
Lv50: 1× Raise Max Level
Lv65: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv80: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv100: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv125: 2× Exp. Booster L
Lv150: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv175: 1× Skill Booster S
Lv200: 2× Raise Max Level
Lv250: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv300: 2× Level Up
Lv350: 4× Raise Max Level
Lv400: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv450: 3× Level Up
Lv500: 8× Raise Max Level

New RML Slots
Moltres: 10 → 20
Zapdos: 10 → 20
Articuno: 10 → 20
Volcanion: 10
Samurott: 15
Kingdra: 5
Poliwrath: 10
Politoed: 5
Tympole: 10
Totodile: 15
Oshawott: 15
Popplio: 10
Wishiwashi: 20
Basculin-R: 15
Basculin-B: 15
Serperior: 15
Breloom: 5
Chikorita: 15
Snivy: 15
Rowlet: 5
Shiftry: 5
Ferrothorn: 15
Lunala: 20
Mimikyu: 15
Giratina-A: 10
Giratina-O: 10
Spooky Sableye: 10
Misdreavus: 5
Mismagius: 5
Yamask: 10
Banette: 10
Drifblim: 5
Litwick: 20
Phantump: 10
Trevenant: 5
Duskull: 15
Jellicent-M: 10
Jellicent-F: 10
Darkrai: 10
Murkrow: 5
Honchkrow: 10
Sneasel: 5
Weavile: 10
Sandslash-Alola: 5
Ninetales-Alola: 5
Beartic: 10
Jynx: 5
Xerneas: 10 → 20
Jigglypuff: 10
Togekiss: 5 → 15
Spritzee: 15
Magearna: 10
Cyndaquil: 15
Tepig: 15
Litten: 10
Solgaleo: 20
Gliscor: 5
Dugtrio: 10
Spooky Gengar: 5
Type: Null: 10
Silvally: 10

New Skill Swapper Options
Kingdra: Cross Attack+
Poliwrath: Big Wave
Politoed: Relentless
Tympole: Spookify
Oshawott: Final Effort
Wishiwashi: Crowd Control+
Bellossom: Paralyse+
Breloom: Rock Shot
Rowlet: Unity Power
Shiftry: Super Cheer
Ferrothorn: Hitting Streak+
Giratina-O: Cross Attack+
Spooky Sableye: Swap++
Misdreavus: Super Cheer
Mismagius: Rock Shot
Yamask: Flash Mob
Banette: Mega Boost++
Drifblim: Barrier Shot
Litwick: Final Effort
Phantump: Rock Break++
Trevenant: Shot Out
Duskull: Block Shot
Hoopa-Unbound: Typeless Combo
Murkrow: Eject++
Honchkrow: Nosedive
Sneasel: Flash Mob
Weavile: Sleep Combo
Beartic: Relentless
Snorunt: Rock Shot
Jynx: Block Shot
Jigglypuff: Last-Ditch Effort
Tepig: Daunt
Gliscor: Nosedive
Spooky Gengar: Poison

All done.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)