Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

I'm going to wait a week or so on Silvally, see if it's addressed by Sunday. If it's still in the same state by then when it's had time to run around (and work in Alakazam Comp in particular), then I'll take it to EXP stage and maybe give it some Cookies.

So, in regard to Silvally, it looks like most players are already getting it to SL5 for this escalation. Do you guys think it's worth the investment? Although I have enough skill boosters to max it, I'm a bit reluctant to use such a huge amount of resources for a single Pokemon.
Eventually it'll be worth the investment, IMO, unless they messed up on its skill like they did with Snorlax's Brute Force. I haven't gotten far enough in this EB (only on like 65) to say whether or not it's worth investing 150SP into it right away, but it looks like people are recommending it. I guess if you are short on coins or are saving for Lugia/Tapu Fini with the Skill Boosters to spare, go ahead. It'll probably help in those stages too.

I'm still not sure if I'll invest in Cross Attack+ Lugia unless it's an RML stage, but I need to wrap up Celebi quickly (not sure how far I'll go with it, 150 maybe) and then grind coins to account for Fini.

I was hesitant about SSing Lugia to Cross Attack+ since I use it for Weekend Meowth, but now Shot Out Noivern does the same thing, so I'm considering investing a bit into it. I'm hoping it's somewhat like Meloetta with the 50% drop rate, but easier.

Initially I was glad that we got Celebi EB instead of Primarina/Incineroar (which I expected) since I thought it was grass type and I could just Noivern nuke it. But then I realised it's psychic... I really want those RMLs (recently used some and am down to about 30 I think) but idk, need coins too.

30 RML's at once? I barely have 8 on me right now at Level 90. Targetting 150 would earn 5 more, not sure i can justify the inevitable Full item runs for 4 more and 2 Level ups, especially if I need to farm Coin stages next week.

I'll wait and see what Lugia's rate looks like before farming, though Noivern does indeed alleviate the Eject+ loss for Meowth. There's a Safari, new catches, and Meganium happens (Block Shot farming) too in case it proves relevant.

I'm hoarding RMLs for when they drop the next batch of RML Pokemon (fingers crossed for Conkeldurr and not some ridiculous "Yveltal can now use up to 20 RMLs" shenanigans).

Thanks for the answers guys. All things considered, I decided to leave Silvally unboosted for now. No matter how strong it is, but I really don't feel like investing half of my skill boosters on something that may get nerfed next week. And in all honesty, I hope it gets nerfed. The idea of a single Pokemon instantly dismissing all the combo boosters I've been working on for months makes me feel uncomfortable. Also, wouldn't it be boring to use the same Pokemon over and over and over?

As for Celebi, I just beat stage 100 itemless with a Dark-Ghost team, so I think I can get to 150 (my planned stopping point) even without the Synthetic Pokemon :)

I started using Silvally to see how broken it is and yeah, I cleared stage 100 itemless with M-Heracross, Dusknoir, Hoopa-U and level 1 Silvally. Granted, I couldn't keep the combo going and still needed a 4-match LDE to beat the stage with 6 seconds left. Might be worth a little investment to get past some stages if you want to go further than 150.

I'm hoping we get some RML's and maybe a farmable stage at some point for something like Walrein. Besides the good coverage of Ice (useful coverage for Dragon, Ground, alternative for Grass and Flying with Freeze+), a ground effective LDE might make it possible to farm that damn Hippowdon stage.

As for Silvally, I'll probably sprinkle some HP on it by bringing it to easy-farming or early EB stages, but I'm giving it 3 weeks to see if it's nerfed before dedicated investment.

I've just got past stage 150 itemless exploiting Cross Attack's bug (I learned about it yesterday)!!! A very unfair way to beat a boss stage, that's for sure, but extremely satisfactory nonetheless XD

I've just got past stage 150 itemless exploiting Cross Attack's bug (I learned about it yesterday)!!! A very unfair way to beat a boss stage, that's for sure, but extremely satisfactory nonetheless XD
What Cross Attack+ user, if I may ask, and overall team? I've been running with Silvally and LDE/Optimize for damage until now, but I stopped at 140 for the EXP boosters. If 150 is possible itemless maybe I'd see if I have what I need to try it before I call it, since I got this far with no coins spent (outside T+10 when I think I got an angry at the same time as a boss stage).

Might go back to farming Vanilluxe otherwise, but my Celebi progress is probably all going to be this week with Lugia coming up to farm.

For 150 I used Drifblim, Dusknoir, Vikavolt and Hoopa-U, but the former two are all you need to win. Basically, you must remove the central icon from the cross right after activating Cross Attack, just before the game processes the second match. This way, Cross Attack's damage multiplier gets transferred to the following match you make. Assuming that the recipient is a perfect Dusknoir, activating LDE on a mo4 you will deal 110x2x1,5x15x3x3=44550 damage, more than enough to instantly OHKO Celebi XD

My Drifblim isn't invested either. Lvl 5 and SL1. I should try with CA+. Transferring a x12 multiplier would be absolutely ridiculous. I wonder if the game can manage a 100k+ damage ^^

Wow, that Cross Attack glitch is clutch. Wish I had known before using a T+10 on 125. Luckily I got Drifblim to SL2 when it was available for grinding a while back. Might even get to 200 now lol. It did take me a few tries to clear 150 though, since skyfall stole the multiplier :(

I failed 150 twice too because skyfall and/or disruption ruined my setup. Btw, I beat 175 a few minutes ago, and this time without failing. It was easier than 150, since the right half of the board is free from disruption, so you can quietly proceed with the setup. At this point, I'm tempted to try stage 200. I'll probably bring Absol along, in order to reset the disruption counter if needed.

Same with me, got that 59,400 damage to OHKO Celebi. Not quite enough to OHKO stage 200, but I might give it a rest until I get Silvally up.

Just cleared 200 itemless with M-Absol, Hoopa-U, Drifblim (SL2), perfect Dusknoir. The countdown is friendlier this time. Ideally you want to do some damage before the 10 second count and not trigger the board reset. Obviously if you're quick enough you can get the board reset and then set up the board for the Cross Attack and LDE combo. To be safe, I made sure I had 5 moves left: one move to make the Cross Attack, one to move the middle Drifblim away, one for the LDE match, and I needed a couple more matches to finish off the stage.

Or maybe you can get lucky to have enough Dusknoir to set up two LDE moves without skyfall messing it up.

Last edited:
Great job Kanburi! I cleared 200 too. I failed 3 times because I stubbornly tried to setup two LDE matches, which is not easy, as you need a lot of Dusknoir icons on the board. So I decided to setup the trick twice, once to boost Hoopa's RT and once for LDE. Absol did a great job resetting the disruption counter, so everything went fine.
Sadly it's very likely that GS will quickly patch the bug, but I really enjoyed completing an escalation without spending a single coin. This means that I won't have to spend 4-5 days on Meowth to replenish my wallet XD

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
For 150 I used Drifblim, Dusknoir, Vikavolt and Hoopa-U, but the former two are all you need to win. Basically, you must remove the central icon from the cross right after activating Cross Attack, just before the game processes the second match. This way, Cross Attack's damage multiplier gets transferred to the following match you make. Assuming that the recipient is a perfect Dusknoir, activating LDE on a mo4 you will deal 110x2x1,5x15x3x3=44550 damage, more than enough to instantly OHKO Celebi XD
I've actually known about this exploit for a while (around the time Noivern was PSB Farmable which was when it got discovered because people were bringing Luxray to that stage because Cross Attack+ is really good) and managed to clear the whole EB itemless megaless with this tactic. I also did a lot of research on Passimian last week into how this exploit works and whatnot. If you are curious as to how it works, I can PM you a Pastebin (and I guess anyone else) detailing it and how GS can (and probably will) patch this thing. Because at this point, now that it's out there, it's going to get patched. Not a matter of if, but a matter of when now.

Note that this actually works with all shape boost abilities and if you are planning to use this exploit, I recommend L-Boost because it's much less prone to random skyfall combos from my testing and is also much friendlier for 76-99, 100, 50, and 175.

I've actually known about this exploit for a while (around the time Noivern was PSB Farmable which was when it got discovered because people were bringing Luxray to that stage because Cross Attack+ is really good) and managed to clear the whole EB itemless megaless with this tactic. I also did a lot of research on Passimian last week into how this exploit works and whatnot. If you are curious as to how it works, I can PM you a Pastebin (and I guess anyone else) detailing it and how GS can (and probably will) patch this thing. Because at this point, now that it's out there, it's going to get patched. Not a matter of if, but a matter of when now.

Note that this actually works with all shape boost abilities and if you are planning to use this exploit, I recommend L-Boost because it's much less prone to random skyfall combos from my testing and is also much friendlier for 76-99, 100, 50, and 175.
Out of curiosity, are you active on the shuffle subreddit? Your post looks eerily familiar to one there.

ALSO

I would say Silvally is worth the 150 SP. I brought mine to SL5 immediately and got to 125 in the EB itemless. I used Atk+ and 10s on 150, 175, and 200 (used a DD here too). Silvally prevents the need for C-1 if you don't plan on using Prank+ for this EB.

Last edited:
I would say Silvally is worth the 150 SP. I brought mine to SL5 immediately and got to 125 in the EB itemless. I used Atk+ and 10s on 150, 175, and 200 (used a DD here too). Silvally prevents the need for C-1 if you don't plan on using Prank+ for this EB.
I used the Cross Attack glitch and went itemless for most the way, but point taken. The thing is, though, that it only really seems useful in timed stages. Usually, in limited-move stages, you won't really get to combos that are too high (except in 3-Pokemon format), so you'll really only need it for expert stages and some special stages. 150 SP is way too heavy for my liking at the moment for that reason, though I may reconsider my position if we get more timed stages.

September 19th New Content
Pokémon Safari {[Unown N (10%), Unown I (37%), Unown C (33%), Unown E (20%)]; drops EXP Boosters}
Miltank Score Challenge (mobile)
Shiny Ho-Oh Distribution

Returning Content
Lugia Hi-Speed Challenge (costs 400 coins; drops PSBs)
Daily Pokémon #6 [(Tyrogue, Castform, Mantyke, Solrock, Lunatone); drops coins]
Meganium Great Challenge (costs 300 coins; drops PSBs)
Typhlosion Great Challenge (drops PSBs)
Chikorita (Winking) Great Challenge (drops PSBs)

Future Content
Ultra Beasts
Free Mega Start usage for main stages 1-150 (with exceptions) from September 26th to October 10th
Ho-Oh (Shiny): Fire-type, 80 BP, Cross Attack+
150,000: 2 Level Ups
120,000: 3 Raise Max Levels
100,000: 1 Level Up
80,000: 2 Skill Booster Ms
60,000: 1 Skill Booster M
50,000: 1 Skill Booster S
40,000: 1 Skill Swapper
30,000: 1 EXP Booster L
25,000: 1 Mega Speedup
20,000: 2 EXP Booster Ms
15,000: 1 EXP Booster M
10,000: 2 EXP Booster Ss
5,000: 1,000 coins

For Lugia: Cross Attack Luxray + Super Bolt Pikachu = ????

Also, free Shiny Ho-Oh with a skill that's bugged, so that's nice (ha, get it? 'cause we get Unown that spell out "NICE" this week too)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)