Pokemon Ranking in Anaylsis

I think that it would be nice if in some way that we could have Pokemon ratings/ rankings in their anaylsis. For example if I search Scizor, His normal page would come up but it would also show that he is currently the Number 1 Used Pokemon in OU. Or that Ambipom is the number 1 used Lead Pokemon in UU. Something to that nature.

I'm not much in favor of this proposal. It is important to know the usage of a Pokémon when you have to think about the threats to your team, but when you read an analysis to decide whether or not including a Pokémon into your team, who cares where said Pokémon is placed. If I'm reading Jumpluff's analysis because I'd like to include a Subseeder, why should I be interested to its usage (pretty low, anyway)? I'd say that a tag with the tiering (like it already is) is more than enough for the analyses. When you'll need to look up for threats, you can always go to the Usage Stats thread for the current month (which DougJustDoug kindly releases every month)

I agree with zarator.

A pokemon might be perfect for someones team but the might have a low ranking so the person does not used said pokemon.

The only reason I could see such a feature being useful is if you want to know which threats you should be most prepared for, but we already have the server stats for that.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I remember reading a while back that someone (could have been Doug) was either working on or thinking about ways to integrate the stats into the analysis somehow. At the least it allows people to check the popularity of a set without going looking for the stats thread (I bet there are a significant number of users who use analysis but don't look at stats). I could imagine it being possible to write the code so that from the stats it gives a "max possible set usage" for each set, based on what move/item/EVs (maybe accounting for +/- a few EVs, especially in speed) the stats show for even more useful info.

This actually isn't a bad idea. Being able to see a Pokemon's usage or popular teammates can actually be really helpful whether you're using it or facing it. Being able to see individual set usage would be really cool too. If someone could implement this I think it'd be a pretty awesome tool. One step closer to integrating the forums and site, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)