Pokemon Online and LAN Cafes

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the same reasons emulation isn't.

And if PO is legally different from emulation, then if someone could give me a detailed reason why so that we can install it, that would be much appreciated.

For the same reasons emulation isn't.

And if PO is legally different from emulation, then if someone could give me a detailed reason why so that we can install it, that would be much appreciated.
Technically, emulation is legal, but ROMs are not. The question of PO's legality is a tricky one, but it's the same one Smogon and any other fan site faces--Pokemon is copyrighted, as is all the art and whatnot, but the analyses (in the case of Smogon) and the program code (in the case of PO) is not.

In any case, I'm going to close this thread and direct you to the Pokemon Online forums. They develop the software. They should be able to tell you better if you're going to have legal issues.

Reopening this thread, since...

Desolate said:
Hi, I'm a mod on the help forums over at Pokemon Online, and I just wanted to tell you that you may want to edit your post and tell him we'll just give him the same answer as you gave him
I don't want this to turn into a big debate over the legality of pokemon fansites, but if anyone can cite prior cases or a link to a post by coyotte508, DougJustDoug, Cathy, etc. on this subject, please do.

Desolate

Banned deucer.
Reopening this thread, since...

I don't want this to turn into a big debate over the legality of pokemon fansites, but if anyone can cite prior cases or a link to a post by coyotte508, DougJustDoug, Cathy, etc. on this subject, please do.
I'll ask coyo when I see him online since I don't believe there are any cases online where coyo has provided the actual legality of the simulator.

Edit: You can find a post by coyotte508 here regarding legalities.http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?7299-Is-this-legal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)