Pokemon Adventures Manga Discussion

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
That reminds me, the BW2 protags got totally shafted with names that are stupid even by anime/manga standards. At least the other leads have names that could plausably be names or nicknames.

The translators should have stuck with Nate and Rosa.
Yeah, like I understand wanting to keep the naming convention but what the did REALLY pushed it. When they started giving the characters actual names in Gen III they really should have shifted over to that but, hey, even the Manga has it follies (though at least it remembers its about Pokemon and keeps most elements from the game even if they change things here and there for story purpose). To keep with the color naming scheme maybe name them after shades of gray or off version of black and white. Lack-Two could have been Slate/Coal/Ebony and Whit-Two could have been Taupe/Pearl/Ivory.

Glad to see a Manga thread. I have a question to all fans of the Adventures Manga. I have recently read the Black and White chapter and I liked it, so I thought I should continue with the other chapters. Now I'm wondering, are there any chapters/arcs that are generally considered good and are recommended, or should I just continue with everything in order, starting with Red/Blue and continuing up to the present?

Glad to see a Manga thread. I have a question to all fans of the Adventures Manga. I have recently read the Black and White chapter and I liked it, so I thought I should continue with the other chapters. Now I'm wondering, are there any chapters/arcs that are generally considered good and are recommended, or should I just continue with everything in order, starting with Red/Blue and continuing up to the present?
I recommend going with the release order because not doing so gives nothing much, really. There are chapters that feel more well-written then others, and some chapters are darker than others. It's all subjective, but I really enjoyed the Ruby & Sapphire, Diamond & Pearl, Platinum, and the HeartGold & SoulSilver chapters more.

Usually, the previous chapter affects the next chapter, but some of them doesn't affect much, or not affect at all.
Red, Green & Blue is the first chapter and it affects its sequel, the Yellow chapter. The Yellow chapter takes place 2 years after the first chapter. 1 year after the Yellow chapter's end comes the Gold, Silver & Crystal chapter, which is affected by the previous ones. The fourth chapter is the Ruby & Sapphire chapter and it isn't affected by any of the previous chapters (this is also the chapter where the quality of the art spikes up.). Then comes the FireRed & LeafGreen chapter, it starts 6 months after the end of events in the Ruby & Sapphire chapter. It affects the Emerald chapter. The Emerald chapter is affected by the Ruby & Sapphire chapter and also the FireRed & LeafGreen chapter, but that chapter doesn't affect the Diamond & Pearl chapter. The seventh chapter Diamond & Pearl isn't affected by any of the previous chapters. Diamond and Pearl chapter's direct sequel is the Platinum chapter. Then comes the HeartGold & SoulSilver chapter, which takes place 3 years BEFORE the Diamond & Pearl Chapter. After the Platinum Chapter comes the Black & White chapter. The Black & White chapter isn't affected by any of the previous chapters. Then comes the Black 2 & White 2 chapter, which takes place 2 years after the Black & White chapter. I haven't read the X & Y chapter but it seems to be slightly affected by the past chapters. And then there's the Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire chapter which I still haven't finished yet, but it takes place around the same time as the HeartGold & SoulSilver chapter.

But if you want to follow the timeline, not the release order, here's the timeline of the chapters:
◘ Red, Blue & Green Chapter
2 years pass...
◘ Yellow Chapter
1 year passes...
◘ Gold, Silver & Crystal Chapter
1 year passes...
◘ Ruby & Sapphire Chapter
6 months pass...
◘ FireRed & LeafGreen Chapter
about 284 days pass after the Ruby & Sapphire Chapter...
◘ Emerald Chapter
Three years pass...
◘ HeartGold & SoulSilver Chapter AND Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Chapter roughly at the same time
Three years pass...
◘ Diamond & Pearl Chapter
2 weeks pass...
◘ Platinum Chapter
??? time passes (I honestly don't know)...
◘ Black & White Chapter
2 years pass...
◘ Black 2 & White 2 Chapter
??? time passes (sorry again)...
◘ X & Y Chapter

I hope you'll find this helpful.

Last edited:
I remember that the RGBY chapters occasionally bring in pages that recap what team the dex holders are having at the moment, right down to their levels and movesets. Is this trend continued onwards in the later generations? Because I wanted to compare the manga levels to the levels of in-game trainers (they do seem to be close to where they should be at any given point).

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Somebody over at Serebii said that BW2 is going to resume soon on a weekly release schedule (note that it's starting from the beginning) since the ORAS chapter is now done and XY is nearing its end.

The Sun and Moon chapter is starting in November.

Also, Ruby uses Mega Diancie for a Contest in the ORAS epilogue.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Somebody over at Serebii said that BW2 is going to resume soon on a weekly release schedule (note that it's starting from the beginning) since the ORAS chapter is now done and XY is nearing its end.

The Sun and Moon chapter is starting in November.

Also, Ruby uses Mega Diancie for a Contest in the ORAS epilogue.
Look at me.

Now look at my Diancie.

Now back to me.

Now back at my Diancie.

My Diancie is now mega diamonds!

I remember the manga as something that reignited my passion for Pokemon (somewhat), but I feel like it just went... eh, at the Ruby/Sapphire chapter, and I lost the interest in it.

Do you think reading chapters after that are worth reading?

I read some of the SM scans finally and damn, I really love the personality of Moon. Also she is a pharmatist and uses bow and arrows. Kinda badass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)