Programming Pokebank Transfer Only Moves

I've made a tool that generates a list of all pokemon with the moves they can only get through transfer from a previous generation over pokebank.
The tool allows you to either look at the complete list of moves or filter out the relevant ones for the selected tiers (based on showdown usage stats).
If you hover over a move with your mouse, a tooltip shows you how the move can be learned by the respective pokemon ("3rd Gen Tutor" for example).

I'm aware that this is kind of a niche tool, not sure if anyone will actually use it.
I think the main group of people that maybe will have actual use for it, are the ones that want to play smogon tiers over wi-fi.
The reason why I made it in the first place, is because I wanted a list of things worth getting in my older generation games that I can transfer over.

The tool can be found here:
www.googledrive.com/host/0B4SxWPw_hgsMfnBxNU1mTnItbWk1aFBBbGNXUkxDWElFUVJYbWs0R0NmSzNTVmJ2MkZhYkE/

Feedback and ideas for new stuff to implement are very appreciated :)

Notes:
- the highest available rating cutoff is used for the usage stats
- the site is ugly as hell at the moment, it doesn't even have a css
- the tool runs pretty slow, as the code is about as ugly as the site, I'm not very experienced with js yet UPDATE: Fixed most of the performance issues

Last edited:
GuyPerfect right?
The link didn't load for me, but can attest the spreadsheet data behind it is excellent.
Looking forward to seeing it in action and how it shapes up :-)

GuyPerfect right?
The link didn't load for me, but can attest the spreadsheet data behind it is excellent.
Looking forward to seeing it in action and how it shapes up :-)
Nope, I'm neither GuyPerfect, nor do I know who he is.
But thanks for the kind feedback :)
I fixed most of the performance issues now, maybe you want to try if it loads now for you.

is there a GitHub repo atm (or any other thing that holds the code)? I'd love to help.
I don't have a github repo atm, but you can access the whole code by just looking at the source of the site I posted.
I would really appreciate some help on the css, as I'm not very good at design myself. The functionality of the tool is finished in my opinion, but if you have an idea for something that could be added, feel free to do it :)

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I don't have a github repo atm, but you can access the whole code by just looking at the source of the site I posted.
I would really appreciate some help on the css, as I'm not very good at design myself. The functionality of the tool is finished in my opinion, but if you have an idea for something that could be added, feel free to do it :)
Alright! I'll get working on some CSS and il give it to you when I'm done!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)