Pokebank OU (Peak 1826)

So since gen 6 has finally come around I decided to do my very first rmt. This team managed to do all right on the ladder but I'm wondering if I can go any further with it. Here is proof of my rank:

So winning 59 and losing 26 is ok I guess, so thats why I came here to see where I can improve as I still want to use this team to scale the ladder

The Team
Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Evs: 252 Def / 248 Hp / 8 Spd
Impish
-Thunder Wave
-Swagger
-Sub
-Foul Play

The set from hell. Klefki stops nearly every physical attacker in the game. Yes, I am one of those people who use swagger+thunder wave, but it is so effect. The idea is to come in on aegislash or scizor use t-wave then use swagger and from there either sub or foul play. I usually keep klefki around and try to paralyse most of the enemy team as it makes sweeping easier.

Genesect @ Choice Band
Ability: Download
Evs: 252 Att / 252 Spd / 4 Sp.Att
Hasty
-U-Turn
-Iron Head
-Explosion
-Ice Beam

So Genesect is back in Ou (well in pokebank Ou anyway) and its as good as ever. I put a Choice Band on this guy because with Download and paralyses support from Klefki he is able to punch holes in my opponents team. U-Turn a staple on every Genesect set does'nt really need to be explained Iron Head is there for STAB on fairies. Explosion for when you just need to get that OHKO and Ice Beam for coverage.

upload_2013-10-31_16-35-13.png

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 232 Hp / 56 Sp.Att / 220 Spd
Modest

-Volt-Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split

So Rotom is sort of the glue of my team. He is also the perfect counter to Talonflame. Volt-switch goes well with Genesects U-Turn (remember Gen 5) Hydro Pump is there for hitting stuff hard if it needs to. Will-O-Wisp is needed to stop physical attackers as well, because klefki is a bit luck based (surprised?)
Pain Split for healing. At the moment I think Rotom is one of the best mons in pokebank OU as bulky offence seems to be the meta at the moment.

upload_2013-10-31_16-44-37.png

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Evs: 252 Hp / 252 Att / 4 Sp.Def
Adamant
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Thunder Punch
-Fire Punch

So Conkeldurr. He does all right after a bulk up and the flame orb boost. He takes care of blissey pretty well and... Well I'm not sure how he really got on the team and I am a little unsure if I should keep him maybe a mega should take his place.

upload_2013-10-31_16-51-24.png

Aegislash Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
Evs: 252 Hp / 252 Att / 4 Sp.def
Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Kings Shield
-Iron Head
-Shadow Sneak

Aegislash, How good is this guy. One of my two main sweepers. Swords Dance is to boost my Attack sky high and aids my sweep. Kings Shield is a great move to return to shield forme and lowering physical att is all ways handy. Iron head For a strong STAB that takes care of fairies and shadow sneak is for priority sweeping.Other Aegislash usually are paralysed or have been burned by Rotom/Klefki so they usually are'nt a problem

upload_2013-10-31_18-17-57.png

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252 Sp.Att / 252 Spd / 4 Sp.Def/
Timid
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Fire Blast
-Flash Canon

Once I saw that fairies were 4x super effective against this guy I thought he was on his way to UU. I decided to base my team off the aegislash and Hydreigon offensive core, and it works a charm. Hydreigon has all ways been one of my favourites and he is back with a bang this gen. All though fairies resist Dark and are immune to Dragon. Steel types no longer resist dark :) so doing extra damage to scizor and ferro is very nice. Draco is there when I need the kill after fairies have been demolished. Dark Pulse is there as a reliable STAB which hits relatively hard. Fire Blast see's off steels and flash Canon is there to hit fairies on the switch. With T-wave support hydreigon is really hard to take down as it is relatively bulky and sticky web doesn't effect it which is a big bonus.

Thanks for reading this, I know that its not expertly crafted together but I tried my best. I think with a few changes this team could do really well and I might be able to reach a higher rank. The Aegislash and Hydreigon core is what I tried to build around so I would be slow to remove these two from the team but changes to their EVs and Sets will be accepted. Once again Thanks for reading and enjoy Gen 6 :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Lol 1826 is not a peak. I think you are a tad weak to fighting types like Lucario or other Conkeldurr but I don't know much about the metagame. Also I think mega charizard could hurt a lot.

Nice rank! I'm in the 1900's myself! Okay, so, with Rotom-W, I strongly suggest a spread of 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Special Attack, with a Bold Nature. This lets him handle Talonflame and Aegislash much more reliably.

On Conkeldurr, use a spread of 120 HP / 252 Atk 136 Special Defense. This makes a him a little bit more bulky on the special side. Also, consider Mach Punch over either Thunder or Fire Punch.

I use the same Genesect, but with Flamethrower. I would test Flamethrower or Blaze Kick, to be perfectly honest. Steels wall you otherwise, and Steels are much more common than Dragons.

Over Iron Head, I would use Sacred Sword. Fighting plus Ghost is perfect coverage.

Last but not least, use a Modest Nature on Hydreigon. He isn't outspeeding anything important, anyway, and he really needs that extra power.

Good luck, have fun, and I hope that I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)