Pokémon GO

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Yeah, the raid tier rewards were nerfed significantly following the addition of Potions, Super Potions, and Hyper Potions into the fray. The Tier 5 rewards seem to give out what a typical Tier 4 gives out... so, less items... and with the increased item saturation, Rare Candies are much harder to come by as a result. =/
How the hell are we supposed to power up these birds, let alone Mewtwo?
It's ridiculous, why can't they just increase potion likelihood at regular pokestops?

I'm sticking to my free raid pass and no $ on premium, maybe I'll spend for Mewtwo since it may require 2 passes in 1 day if it's a gym I haven't done recently, but seriously, what a pointless system. I am seriously confused as to why Niantic hindered the only draw left to the game- Raids for item redemption were the only guarantee if you win, it let me feel "okay" if I didn't capture a legend as long as I could boost my Tyranitar.

I know.. did a zapdos yesterday... ZERO golden razz AGAIN, did get 2 rare candy.. got the stupid Bird on a Pinap though. had more TM's then Golden razz since they added potions.

im actually starting to run out of golden razz, just because i'm so used to having obtained them from raids. That being said, having an influx of healing items might be better for those with less access to pokestops. however, it does suck more since we can easily get these from stops, and the previous benefit of t5 raids was to get these items that you couldn't normally gain. :thinking:

breh

強いだね
catching moltres in one non-berried ball today helped me conserve grazz...I'm not gonna use them on anything without great ivs anymore; not like i really need the 4 legend candies, I guess :/

the lack of rare candy doesn't really bother me as much (I thought they gave out an insane amount anyway; it made it kind of p2w with the only barrier to that being stardust) as the new compulsion to do raids daily or risk no mewtwo

caught a shiny pikachu at my house yesterday; first shiny mon :)

they're more needed for legendary raids, since those catch rates are abnormally low. Those are the only kind of raids I do now, since 10k exp every day boosts my attempt at power leveling hard

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
135 New Species in the APK! (Gen III)

From Treecko to Deoxys, we finally have the initial data for Generation III in our midst. While there's no new moves or even sound files, it is an indicator that Gen III is right around the corner (maybe October-November?)! Gen II data appeared November of 2016 and was released in February 2017, so this timeline adds up. Exciting to see overall!

Also included is a "super incubator" which cuts distance of any egg incubated in it.

On gen 3, my guess is early 2018, as gen 3 wasn't included in niantic's plan for this year. We have hope tho

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It's time for gen 3 as I've got over 250 rare candies I almost don't know what to do with, was saving them for legendaries but makes sense to now save them for possibly a salamence, metagross or whatever can be in demand similar to ampharos.

The super incubator is certainly a nice idea especially for the 10k eggs I usually hold off until I usually purchase a separate egg incubator to hatch those.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
My last post on smogon is this one. It was good sharing all of the information collected with you all and viewing information shared by you all.

Just saw the gen 3 data discovery, looks like good things are coming for all of you and I, as it has been gen 1-2 for quite some time.

Have fun! And play safe. Always!

The catch difficulty on these legendaries is insane. I've beat Moltres 5 times and haven't gotten one capture.

This shortage on Gold berries now will force us to adopt other strategies in raid outcomes. We can no longer just throw berries everywhere. Since I read the published journal about this raid reward nerf, I start to keep regular Zuri berries again. Doing Tier3 solos might help with stocking them when needed, unless willing to just not capture those legendaries and probably waste gold berries when knowing their IV sucks.

My stock starts to drop. At least I was prepared that I want to solo Vappies and build my dream team; I can just use regular berries on them and save the golden ones.

I keep catching these birds. 2 in 2 for Moltres today, raids seem to be giving golden razz and rare candy again. although I had to use a few because my Nanabs ran out :(

Anyway, this doesn't affect me much since my problem is more on multi-accounters, but phalanx, you'll like this news.

Niantic now strikes the spoofers. Many of them were banned apparently yesterday as The Silph Road reports. Looks like this time they're going to get serious against those ghosts.
Better not hope too highly yet though, as there are still some off the hooks.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
Anyway, this doesn't affect me much since my problem is more on multi-accounters, but phalanx, you'll like this news.

Niantic now strikes the spoofers. Many of them were banned apparently yesterday as The Silph Road reports. Looks like this time they're going to get serious against those ghosts.
Better not hope too highly yet though, as there are still some off the hooks.
This is why I don't like reddit for cheating information... There are no bans; this is a misconception. It was simply a warning. Additionally, iOS users were unaffected completely bar 1-2 edge cases. This is on Android.

The trigger seems to be cheating with an old API, so I don't believe spoofing is out of the woods yet.

False Positive bans are going to really piss me off. We have around 5 million daily players, and with a say, 99% accuracy, that will be Fifty Thousand unjustified bans. Let's hope niantic doesn't butcher this one.

and no action annoys me more.. great a box warning them.. I have found yet ANOTHER spoofer in the area.. only level 25 so can actually be blocked.. but a definite spoofer (fell right into my trap as well >.>) knocking out gyms at 23:30 and later, saw one gym under attack, they were hitting another in about 5 minutes.. which by car, yes, possible.. while they were busy bouncing off my Blissey (lol) i knocked out the gym between the 2.... 5 minutes walk between the gym being hit and the one I am hitting... about 10 from the one previously taken, they stopped hitting blissey after 2 tries.. within 3 minutes of taking that other gym.. already under attack... are spoofers really that dumb? granted the time between me taking out, and replacing and them stopping hitting blissey was plenty to walk between the 2.. but the 2 previous gyms show.. no walking.. plus they would have had to walk past me to do it... and no car there.. one of the gyms they take is next to a park... which they could spoof in without anyone catching them.. yet they go for these other gyms where they can be busted? lol

if they have the systems to warn, why not "block them" from gyms in a set area (therefore if they want the gyms they have to spoof further away, therefore easier to pick up via the anti-cheat systems)

why do you play this game if you're so mad at it? yeah it has it's flaws, but if I complained at any game this much i would have quit already. Instead, let's look at the positive sides and what this game's brought to the world.

activity - since december 2016(when I started), i've traversed over 1,500 kilometers playing pokemon GO. Thanks to inaccurate distance tracking, i'd put the number at around 2,000. small fries for the bigger players lol but i'm proud.

AR - pokemon GO has brought new meaning to AR games. I understand that ingress was the first, but this is showing the world that an AR game has the potential to revolutionize gaming, and let's be real, this is pretty next level even if there are problems with it.

groups - playing pokemon GO started solo, just walking around my city catching stuff in my free time. As i went on, meeting other instinct players, I formed groups, new friendships, and was able to go out into the world and make friends because we were tapping our phones the same way.

travel - as i've started playing, I've found more and more excuses to go and see the city, see different places, and go to locations I never would have thought of going to without the game. I've been around San Francisco, all the way down to Guatemala, to Belgium, to Australia(not all for go), and each trip, having Go by my side has encouraged me to explore more instead of just staying in my hotel.

I could keep listing positives about the game, but here's my point: when you're caught up in the negatives of something, everything can seem bad.

So, opening this to new readers/everyone here:

1. How do you think spoofing should be addressed?

2. Do you like the way mewtwo is being released? what would you suggest instead?

3. Predictions for gen 3? when will it come out, what will be the new common pokemon, what will be the ultrarares, etc.

4. Finally, what has your favorite experience been playing go so far?

made? I put some suggestions down to improve what they have in that regard because nothing seems to be done, yet there are simple things they could do, as i said, it wasn't a complaint it was a spoofers are stupid thing.

distance tracking is bugged yes, but you also have GPS drift adding to it, which should nullify the lost distance.

Blocking spoofers from gyms in a certain area solves nothing. They just spoof outside and continue to take gyms there. blocked there? keep moving! Easy to pick up with anticheat? how? if niantic can block them from a certain area, then they probably know that they are spoofing. idk how this solves anything

"wasnt a complaint" half of your posts are complaints lmfao

because the spoofers that spoof locally, have to teleport to other gyms, or it wastes more of their time. the anti cheat doesnt pick them up, it only picks up mass teleporting, so these spoofers traveling around at car speeds still won't get caught.

emphasis on "still won't get caught" aka "this system won't work at all".

if you can detect spoofing, why waste the time blocking from a certain area when you can just ban outright???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)