PokéComics (Stats Phase)

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Have you ever read your favourite comicbook while playing a Pokémon battle and wondered - what if these superheroes were Pokémon?

images-6.jpeg

PokéComics!
Note Iron Man colours

This is a sub-vote-discuss style Pet Mod in which we get superheroes and turn them into Pokémon phase by phase.

Typing and Ability phase - This phase suitable typings and abilities are submitted for the Heroes of that slate by community members and are then voted on.

Stat Spread Phase - the stat spreads of the Pokemon heroes are made and voted upon.

And finally the Movepool Phase - which the movepools of the heros are made. Level Up, Tutor and T.M moves must be indicated.

During each phase flavour must be considered and Justification should be given.

Here is an example

Typing: Ice (Obvious is obvious)
Abilities: Refridgerate (Its an Ice based hero)
Stats: 100/100/100/100/100/100
Moves:

Level Up
Start - Frost Breath

Etc

At the conclusion of each phase, votes will be tallied and you are to vote for your favourite three subs in order of preference.

Have fuuun!!!

G-Luke

Slate 1: The Trinity!

Typing and Ability Phase

Batman - Superman - Wonder Woman

Ability Limit: 2 For Batman and Wonder Woman. 3 For Superman.

Typing Limit: None

Happy Submitting!!

Superman:
Fighting/Flying Type
Justification: This one is simple. Superman generally goes in for unarmed combat AFAIK which Fighting represents perfectly, and Flying because Superman is famous for his ability to fly.

Ability 1: Justified
Justification: The entire theme of this ability is justice, so it makes perfect sense for a superhero seeking justice to have this ability. Helps against any bad guys (AKA dark types) he may encounter.
Ability 2: Bulletproof
Justification: Superman is extremely strong to the point of being nearly immortal. Mere bullets are not going to do anything. I believe he's commonly been shown to take gunshots without really caring, though I won't pretend I know an awful lot about him.
Hidden Ability: Friend Guard
Justification: Superman's role is to protect the innocent. What better way to protect them than by reducing the amount of damage they take?

Last edited:
Batman
Typing: Dark/Fighting
Justification: He is called "The Dark Knight," so in going with the theme, his own Dark typing and a homage to his beyond human fighting capabilities.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Analytic: Bruce Wayne is one of the world's greatest minds, and that mind helped him destroy the Justice League once. So, this ability rightly puts its place in Batman.

Ability 2: No Guard: There are many scenarios in the Batman comics where he outright kills the evildoer, even Joker, in no holds-barred beatdown. Its just ability number two because Batman uses more brain than brawn.

G-Luke

Superman:
Fighting/Flying Type
Justification: This one is simple. Superman generally goes in for unarmed combat AFAIK which Fighting represents perfectly, and Flying because Superman is famous for his ability to fly.

Ability 1: Justified
Justification: The entire theme of this ability is justice, so it makes perfect sense for a superhero seeking justice to have this ability. Helps against any bad guys (AKA dark types) he may encounter.
Ability 2: Bulletproof
Justification: Superman is extremely strong to the point of being nearly immortal. Mere bullets are not going to do anything. I believe he's commonly been shown to take gunshots without really caring, though I won't pretend I know an awful lot about him.
Hidden Ability: Friend Guard
Justification: Superman's role is to protect the innocent. What better way to protect them than by reducing the amount of damage they take?
Batman
Typing: Dark/Fighting
Justification: He is called "The Dark Knight," so in going with the theme, his own Dark typing and a homage to his beyond human fighting capabilities.

Abilities:
Ability 1: Analytic: Bruce Wayne is one of the world's greatest minds, and that mind helped him destroy the Justice League once. So, this ability rightly puts its place in Batman.

Ability 2: No Guard: There are many scenarios in the Batman comics where he outright kills the evildoer, even Joker, in no holds-barred beatdown. Its just ability number two because Batman uses more brain than brawn.
You guys know you can submit for all three right? Just saying incase you didn't know.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Unique idea. I really like this, here are a couple of submissions

Batman
Typing
: Dark/Fighting
Abilities: Analytic, Adaptability
Justifications: Dark is based on his name: The Dark Knight. Fighting is because off the fact that he fights evil. Analytic comes from the fact that he uses "his own scientific knowledge and detective skills". Adaptability is based on the fact that he has mastered 127 different types of martial arts, making him very adaptable in his fighting.

Wonder Woman
Typing
: Flying/Fighting
Abilities: Regenerator, Wonder Skin
Justifications: Flying is because she is depicted as a masterful athlete and acrobat. Fighting is for the same reason as Batman. Regenerator is based on the fact that she is able to heal faster than a normal human being. Wonder Skin is kinda self explanatory

Superman
Typing
: Steel/Fighting
Abilities: Levitate, Justified, Bulletproof (I ran out of ideas, okay)
Justifications: Steel is there as Superman's nickname is "The Man Of Steel". Fighting is, well, you guessed by now. Levitate is because he can fly around (I prefer Steel/Fighting > Flying/Fighting for SM), Justified is to represent justice, and Bulletproof is because of the countless times he has been seen to live a shot from a gun. (I ran out of ideas, okay?)

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Superman
Typing:
Flying-/Steel-
Ability: Wonder Guard
Justification: Flying-/Steel makes sense thematically: he's the man of steel, and he can fly. Wonder Guard has been chosen because the only way to kill him in the comics is with his weakness: kryptonite. As such, giving him an ability which means that he can only be killed by his weaknesses (substitute "kryptonite" for "electricity and fire") makes a lot of sense.

G-Luke

Superman
Typing:
Flying-/Steel-
Ability: Wonder Guard
Justification: Flying-/Steel makes sense thematically: he's the man of steel, and he can fly. Wonder Guard has been chosen because the only way to kill him in the comics is with his weakness: kryptonite. As such, giving him an ability which means that he can only be killed by his weaknesses (substitute "kryptonite" for "electricity and fire") makes a lot of sense.
Wonder Guard is very very broken with that typing. You have to fix it.

G-Luke

Batman
Typing
: Normal/Dark
Abilities: Intimidate / Technician
Justifications: Dark is based on the fact that he is The Dark Knight and the fact that he works at night. Normal is cheeky, but its just to remind you that Batman is just a powerless guy out there. Intimidate is because Batman works off of intimidation of criminals. Technician is due to Batman always using a bunch of tools in his utility belt, like a technician.

Wonder Woman
Typing
: Fighting
Abilities: Vital Spirit / Wonder Skin
Justifications: I gave her pure Fighting as I believe no other typing captures her spirit (haha) better, and Wonder Woman is always known as one of the best martial artists in the DCU. Vital Spirit because Wonder Woman's warrior spirit never falters, even in the heat of battle. Wonder Skin is because...... I admit I had to grab Ludicrousity's idea.

Superman
Typing
: Steel/Flying
Abilities: Bulletproof / Solar Power / Justified
Justifications: I dont think the Man of Steel could get by without a Steel typing. Flying is because Superman flies EVERYWHERE. Bulletproof.... go watch Superman Returns and you'll see bulletproof. Its a known fact Superman gets all his power from the Sun so Solar Power is a nobrainer. And Clark always fights for justice so Justified really hit here.

Voting should start as soon as another WW sub drops in (needs at least 3 of each)

Might as well try this out too, Idk much about the DC and Marvel universe but I think this will be fun :)

Wonder Woman
Typing
: Psychic/Fighting
Abilities: Competitive / Wonder Skin
Justifications: Psychic comes from her relationship with Greek Gods and her weapons like the Lasso of Truth and her invisible airship resembling Psychic powers. Fighting comes from her martial arts abilities and her acrobatics. Competitive comes from her competitive nature. And finally, Wonder Skin comes from Ludicrousity.

G-Luke

Ok. Voting has now began!!

Vote in this order
Most Preferred (3 points)
Second Preferred (2 points)
Third Preferred (1 point)

The submissions with the most points win. And you cannot vote for yourself.

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wonder Guard is very very broken with that typing. You have to fix it.
its fine; you can exclude it from voting. I just wanted to type that up 'cause I feel it makes the most sense thematically (not to mention that Superman is completely OP in concept anyway hahaha), going in knowing it wasn't going to get in or anything like that.

G-Luke

Superman
- Ludicrousity
- Yahooboo

Wonder Woman
- Ludicrousity
- exploudit

Batman
- Blank Slate
- Ludicrousity

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Its a known fact Superman gets all his power from the Sun so Solar Power is a nobrainer. (needs at least 3 of each)
You mean from a yellow sun? :P

I'm too much of a nerd sometimes xD

Batman: Blank Slate, G-Luke
Wonder Woman: Exploudit, G-Luke
Superman: Yahooboo, G-Luke

its fine; you can exclude it from voting. I just wanted to type that up 'cause I feel it makes the most sense thematically (not to mention that Superman is completely OP in concept anyway hahaha), going in knowing it wasn't going to get in or anything like that.
yeah, can't harm superman, unless you're like a quarter of all fiction

i wasn't going to post here but that pissed me off too much

anyway see you in the stat phase

Superman
-G-Luke
-Yahooboo
-Ludicrousity

Batman
-Ludicrousity
-Blank Slate2356
-G-Luke

Wonder Woman
-G-Luke
-Ludicrousity

G-Luke

Guys, IDK what's so hard in voting. If no one votes in the next twenty-four hours, I am gonna have to work with the very little I have.

Reactions: trc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)