Other Metagames Please Rate My Team

Hey! Thanks for looking in to my Team! I really appreciate your help! Thanks for your help!​

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Baton Pass​

I chose Sylveon because I thought a fairy type with superb Special Attack stats would be a good addition to my team. (1) The main purpose of Sylveon is to provide a strong special attacker to my team. And as a fairy type, it's able to keep fighting types in check, due to 3 Pokemon in my party being weak to it. (2) My Sylveon relies on its Choice Specs, in an attempt to boost my special moves. Hyper Voice, boosted with Pixilate and Choice Specs should help in providing plenty of damage, hopefully KOing a large group of Pokemon. (3) As mentioned above, Sylveon is a Special Sweeper that relies on Choice Specs to deal heavy damage to opposing Pokemon, Hyper Voice to deal plenty of damage, and Hidden Power to take care of Poison and Steel Types.

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Explosion
- Flash Cannon​

The next Pokemon I present is Vanilluxe. Vanilluxe won me over with its cute and tasty look and strong Special Attack Stats. (1) I used to think quite little of it, but then it grew on me, and with its strong Special Attack and Freeze-Dry in it’s arsenal, I just had to have it! (2) Just like Sylveon, Vanilluxe is able to to become a strong Special Sweeper for my team. Despite it being weak to 4 types, my Ground type Pokemon in my team will cover for it. (3) Vanilluxe serves as an all out attacker, and Explosion as a last resort should it be needed.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Head
Thirdly, we have Garchomp, just a strong, fast physical attacker and overall cool looking Dragon type with the ability to Mega Evolve. (1) Garchomp just had to be on my team for it’s great Attack and Speed stats, meaning it has a good chance to strike first and deal serious damage. (2) Earthquake and Fire Blast will help to defeat Pokemon that are super effective against Vanilluxe such as Steel and Rock types, with Swords Dance in its arsenal, it can boost it’s Attack to deal massive damage to any Pokemon that stands in its way. (3) Garchomp relies heavily on Swords Dance to deal heavy damage on opposing Pokemon. After 1-2 turns using Swords Dance, Garchomp can defeat a lot of Pokemon

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat​

Arcanine serves the same purpose as Garchomp, a swift and strong Physical Sweeper. Not to forget that is cool looking too. (1) Looks aside, Arcanine serves as a Swift Attacker should Garchomp faint. Should for some reason that Garchomp faints due to an Ice or Fairy type, Arcanine can easily take care of them, and should a Water type show up, Wild Charge can deal super effective damage and Extreme Speed to quickly defeat Pokemon with low HP and and outspeed fast Pokemon. (2) Arcanine has a very similar role to Garchomp, they are both Fast Physical Sweepers. But Arcanine covers Garchomp’s weaknesses (For example, Garchomp is weak to Fairy types, while Arcanine resists them). (3) Arcanine is used solely for Offense. The Life Orb is used to boost Arcanine’s attack some more, Flare Blitz being Arcanine’s STAB, Wild Charge is used to defend against Water types, and Close Combat for Dark and Rock types.

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 168 SpD / 84 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon​

Probopass is my Stealth Rock user, paired with high Defense and Sp Defense, it can take hits fairly well. (1) Probopass is a fairly strong Tank with high defenses, with it setting up Stealth Rock in the first turn, Toxic to stall Pokemon, and Volt Switch to Pivot. (2) Probopass serves as a Defensive Pivot, and sets up Stealth Rock, Using Volt Switch to pivot and Toxic to stall. Flash Cannon is just a STAB move. So, Probopass has a lot of roles to fill. (3) Probopass has a lot of role to fill, as previously stated. However, besides his strong defenses, to help him last longer, an Air Balloon was given to help protect him from Ground type moves.

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Curse
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge​

And finally, we have Steelix. Serving as a strong powerful Defensive Tank for the team, and as it Mega Evolves, its Defense rises even more. (1) Steelix serves as a Tank for my team, and its typings make it weak to 10 types. Despite its slow speed, it has access to Curse, which decreases its already low Speed stat to boost it’s Attack and high Defenses. (2) On the topic of Curse, it makes Gyro Ball stronger since it gets stronger with low Speed, and boosts the power of Earthquake and Stone Edge, moves that already deal high damage. (3) All moves that Steelix possesses require the usage of Curse in order to deal as much damage to the opposing party as possible. Gyro Ball and Earthquake being the STAB moves.

Last edited:
Just saying, Probopass and Vanilluxe suck in every OM. They should be replaced by a proper stealth rocker, and a better ice type.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)