Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ok

• Not the best

• Never make a team again

• Total voters
My friend and I have made this team and I wanted to know who you guys think about it.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Manectric is a fast and deadly pokemon with hidden power- ice to fight any ground pokemon which are effective against electric types, he is a special attacker with all perf ivs except speed. He was not meant to be tanky in taking hits but to deal out damage in a fast moving battle. He is my number one to use because of his ablility to take down opponents with his speed and power.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Ice Shard
- Toxic Spikes
- Shell Smash

Cloyster is the first pokemon that I will throw out to place down toxic spikes and then I will either switch him out or use shell smash to bring up his speed and atk if the pokemon he faces is a pokemon his moves are effective against. He has icicle spears on him to take down strong pokemon like Mega- Rayquaza so they wont cause a lot of problems.

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Heat Wave
- Psychic
- Light Screen

Xatu is a special attacker that can not take a whole lot of damage but can take pokemon down with his speed. Xatu has Heat wave on to go against any ice type pokemon because it is weak against them. He is not built to be able to take down a lot of opponents but he does his part in bringing the opponents health down in helping the rest of my team

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind

Hippowdon is a tanky pokemon that can take a few hits and when needed rest and gain its health back. he also has leftovers to help him heal if not a lot of damage was taken on him. He is good when he is faced up with electric types that don't have the ability levitate. He is not the fastest pokemon out there but he is a good asset to the team.

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Facade
- Psychic Fangs
- Wild Charge

Stoutland is also a fast attacker that cant take a lot of damage but can take more than some of the rest on the team. he is a back-up for manectric if manecrtic is taken out he can come in and wipe the floor with them. He is able to counter his weaknesses on the battle field and do it with speed to hit them first before he gets hit and possibly faint.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot

Infernape is a special attacker to balance the whole team so there arnt so many attackers on the team and is a pretty fast pokemon with focus sash on so he wont get killed in one shot on the battle field so he can get atleast on hit in. His speed is great and he can hit the opponent before he gets hit himself and even though its unusual to have him as a special attacker instead of a physical attacker with his HA ability, he is still a good pokemon.

Any and all opinions on this team will help a lot

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Here are a few OU Resources in the meantime-
Sample Teams: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/usm-ou-sample-teams-v2-up.3638845/
Viability Rankings: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/usum-ou-ultra-viability-ranking-thread.3621329/
Smogon Pokedex: https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/

edit: opened

Last edited:

737373elj

Banned deucer.
I won’t say never make a team again, but the mons are just... bad. Mega Manectric is far worse than Tapu Koko, which doesn’t take the Mega slot and also VoltTurns.
Your Manectric’s EVs are also incomplete.
Cloister isn’t useful here because of Ferrothorn, and a bunch of Flying-type and Steel-types across the tier that make Toxic Spikes relatively rare. The only Toxic Spikes setter relavant in OU is Toxapex. And Mega Rayquaza is in AG, far far away from OU.

Edit: Xatu is better replaced by Mega Diancie, which has Magic Bounce and far better Offensive stats. Hippowdon is better replaced by Tyranitar as a Sand setter and Physical attacker and Stoutland is better replaced by Excadrill as a Sand abuser.

I won’t say never make a team again, but the mons are just... bad. Mega Manectric is far worse than Tapu Koko, which doesn’t take the Mega slot and also VoltTurns.
Your Manectric’s EVs are also incomplete.
Cloister isn’t useful here because of Ferrothorn, and a bunch of Flying-type and Steel-types across the tier that make Toxic Spikes relatively rare. The only Toxic Spikes setter relavant in OU is Toxapex. And Mega Rayquaza is in AG, far far away from OU.

Edit: Xatu is better replaced by Mega Diancie, which has Magic Bounce and far better Offensive stats. Hippowdon is better replaced by Tyranitar as a Sand setter and Physical attacker and Stoutland is better replaced by Excadrill as a Sand abuser.
so i want ask you because my friend is the main guy in making pokemon and he has proven to be good at it, do u think he helped me build this team because he wanted to have it not as close to his team in skill so he would beat me?

737373elj

Banned deucer.
so i want ask you because my friend is the main guy in making pokemon and he has proven to be good at it, do u think he helped me build this team because he wanted to have it not as close to his team in skill so he would beat me?
I don’t know your friend, so I can’t judge for myself. In all likelihood, he just isn’t experienced enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)