Gen 5 Pixelmon Team Help (RMT)

Introduction

Hello guys. I'd like you to rate my Pixelmonteam. I'm overall very pleased with its performance, but still discovered some flaws. Firstly I am going to explain the Pixelmon restrictions to teambuilding, secondly i want to introduce you to my team and thridly i would like to point out questions and problems i struggle with. (Sorry for bad englilsh).

Introduction to Pixelmon

Pixelmon is a Minecraft Mod. Pokemon spawn instead of Minecraft mobs and can be captured. This is a fanmade mod, so not all Pokemon are avaiable yet. List of avaiable Pkm. Breeding and fighting works like in the Pokemon games. IV and EV exist. All moves and abilities are avaiable, even moves from move tutors. Though not having the best visual experience, everything is on Gen 5 standarts.
Berries are very hard to come by, so i do not think i can make this work with berries. Same is applied for legendary Pokemon.
So please keep in mind that not all Pokemon are avaiable to me. If my team is very weak to a Pokemon not in the mod yet, please let me know, since more Pokemon might be added in the future. Maybe you have some tips avoiding specific things that could help me later.

The Team

I tried to make a controlling type team. I want to have an answer to every theat or captalize on mistakes. Therefore i am using few allout attackers and more defensive Pokemon.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Recover
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Defensive backbone of my team. This can tank any hit and is a check for dragons and Gyarados (with the thunderbolt). Struggles against special sweepers with focus blast like Gengar and Alakazam, especially when there is no time to recover hitpoints. Poison and burn make my life alot more complicated.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

This is my spinner/stealthrock setter. As a bonus also checks threats like Lucario. I had good success with it, but cannot decide between ice shard and roar. Iceshard often is too weak, even on super effective hits.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Just a standart scarf Chandelure. Makes sure i do not get walled physically. Most common target is Skarmory.

Scizor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Roost

This is my offensive physical threat. Other than Gliscor i try to get in the damage with Scizor. With the HP investment i can switch in very often and force the opponent to switch. I am not sure about this focus sash and the roost. And sometimes i cant make it work at all.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Night Slash

Gliscor is my newest addition to the team and was picked up to check Venusaur. Nightslash checks ghost types such as gengar, but could be replaced with fire fang or ice fang if gengar is countered elsewhere. Gengar doesnt outright sweeps this team, but i like the possibility for Gliscor to take care of it. I like it for its ability to tank multiple neutral hits while packing a punch.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Haze
- Protect

Vaporeon is my dedicated special wall. I can support my team with wish and tank those ice hits aimed at Gliscor. Often i find myself i an spot where i would need a special wall, but Varporeon wont do it. Jolteon does to much dmg and Gengar is just a bit too powerful to tank two successive hits from thunderbolt or shadowball. Still good against Milotic and other special attackers.

Conclusion

I can deal with almost every pokemon i face. But i have problems with mutiple threats. For example: Porygon2 can handle an Outrage Salamence alone, but is left with about 30% HP. If my opponent has two dragons, i cant handle those. Jolteon with Hidden Power Ice and Electivire can just sweep me. I have a ice weakness and physical water pokemon have a good chance to sweep. A defensive fire type Pokemon (Arcanine) would solve the ice issue, but would enable water sweepers even more. I am too reliant on Proygon2 in my opinion. When it is down to below half, i am not able to check a number of common threats.

This wraps up my Team. Things i think about are the set of Scizor, or if there is a good alternative for priority physical attackers (crawdaunt), ice weakness, and how to avoid that proygon needs to do it all alone. I thought about switching vaporeon to milotic, espeon or umbreon. Milotic has a similar role to Vaporeon, but can handle dragons better when played defensive. I kept Vaporeon for the ice resistance and the wish support, but i would like to hear your thoughts. The addition of Gliscor is very good i some instances, but sometimes it doesnt do enogh to justify the 4x ice weakness in my opinion. Maybe i need to play it differently to make it work in this team.
As a last thought: Do the mixed defensive sets of Porygon, Gliscor (or even Milotic if i would pick it up) weaken my team or enabeling my team? Is it better or worse to have dedicated physical and special walls.

Authors comments (off-topic):
I am not associated with Pixelmon Mod or Minecraft. The link provided is for informational purposes only.
This is my first english text in a long time. If mistakes strike you, feel free to point them out. I will try to edit them quickly. This is also my first post on this forum, i hope this is the right place. Posting in "other Metagames" did not quite felt right.

Thank you for reading, thank you for rating, thank you for your feedback in advence,
Xihso

Last edited:
Hey xihso,
I also play pixelmon for almost a year now and your team looks pretty good! :)
However I have a few suggestions to make:

Scizor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Roost ----> X-Scissor
I suggest replacing "Roost" on Scizor with "X-Scissor", as you mentioned problems with Alakazam.
Otherwise your Scizor is not able to touch it at all.
Especially when having a wish support, I don't think it is needed to have a recover move on almost all of your pokes.

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard ----> Roar
The Pixelmon meta is really "set-up" heavy and I like your way to deal with it by running "Haze" on Vaporeon.
However I would even counter it harder by replacing "Ice Shard" with "Roar" on Donphan.
He is a pretty good check vs Dragonite, Blaziken, Scolipede, while Vaporeon could struggle with them after 1 "Swords Dance/Dragon Dance"

Vaporeon gets outclassed by Milotic in my opinion, but sometimes it is better to run something other people won't expect :P
Overall you managed to create a good ballanced team with physical and special sweepers/tanks.
I feel like Cloyster could be a problem because only Porygon is able to somewhat wall it, but after having "Stealth rocks" up it should be okay :)
I hope these suggestions were somewhat helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)