Perfect Synergy?

This is my first post in Smogon. Point out anything that I'm doing wrong. My English might not also be the best, but that's what you have to deal with for now.

This team is made around Blissey and Skarmory, probably the firmest walls of OU metagame.

Blissey (252 Def, 252 SpDef, 4 HP)
Ability: Natural Grace
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Calm

Toxic
Wish
Protect
Heal Bell

The Teamplayer is here to heal of your injuries with Wishes and Heal Bells. Blissey can take on any special attacker (excluding Psyshockers and Secret Sworders) and heal of the damage with Wish and Protect -combo or pass the Wish into the appropriate switch-in. Can also be a late-game staller with Toxic. Be aware, that this Blissey is very weak to Taunt.

Skarmory (252 Def, 252 HP, 4 SpDef)
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish

Roost
Brave Bird
Spikes
Whirlwind

The usual set from previous generations. Skarmory is here to take care of physical set-uppers who like to switch-in to Blissey and Spikes are very good for weakening pokes for late-game cleaners.

Blaziken (252 Att, 252 Speed, 4 HP)
Ability: Speed Boost
Item: Blazikenite
Nature: Adamant

Protect
Flare Blitz
Earthquake
High Jump Kick

Besides the fact that Mega-Blaziken is so much of a threat that it's probably gonna get banned in near future, Blaziken is in this team to deal with other problem Blissey has, which is Steel types. With three super-effective moves to Steel, there isn't a single Steel Type that likes to take hits from this thing.
Just to note, Earthquake is useful for many other threats other than Steel types, like Shadow Tag Chandelure. ThunderPunch is a viable option, getting arid likes of Gyarados.

Serperior (252 SpAtt, 252 Speed, 4 HP)
Ability: Contrary
Nature: Timid

Leaf Storm
Dragon Pulse
Hidden Power Fire
Leech Seed

The Special Attacker and the surprise factor. This thing has some many uses. Messing the plans of Spore and Sleep Powder users, using Leech Seed on Counter on the switch and setting-up with Leaf Storm. The most fun Pokemon I have used in a long time.

Azumarill (252 HP, 252 Att, 4 Def)
Ability: Huge Power

Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Superpower
Belly Drum

Probably the one Poke that I need some opinions on. Azumarill is in the team to tank physical Fighting and Fire moves, which my team is very weak to, but by increasing Azumarill's defense you decrease it's offensive capablities. Belly Drum is there as a surprise factor, possibly making Azumarill a late-game cleaner.

Excadrill (252 HP, 252 Att, 4 Speed)
Ability: Sand Rush

Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Eathquake
Rock Slide

Because the Sticky Web is a thing and this team needs many switches to work, Excadrill is here to Spin your worries away. I made this Excadrill a Bulky Attacker, because it's designed to take hits from spinblockers and fire back with good damage.

To point out, because Blaziken is probably gonna get banned in the future, this team should work pretty well with Mega-Charizard X too.

Blaziken has already been banned to ubers. Shadow tag Chandelure doesn't exist and a lot of your Pokemon are quickly slaughtered with one specific threat eg: garchomp with outrage, earthquake, fire fang and poison jab would murder your blissey, serperior, blaziken and excadrill and Azumarill leaving only your Skarmory capable of even moderatley walling it. If your Serperior is designed to screw with spore users then your probably going to take poison type moves to the face. Your Excadrill's ability is useless as you have no sand setter on your team and if he is to hit back at rapid spinners I recommend you give him mold breaker. Taunt forces a switch on your skarmbliss combo (which you acknowledge). Overall your team is decent enough but it does have it's flaws perhaps replacing Serperior with Alakazam? Using substitute, Alakazam doesn't take anything from status and carrying a life orb really let's him dish out the damage. all in all great team for your first attempt just do a bit more research and test it a bit on showdown before you post it here. I"m not the good at rating teams so don't take what I say too seriously. :D

Last edited:
Blaziken has already been banned to ubers. Shadow tag Chandelure doesn't exist and a lot of your Pokemon are quickly slaughtered with one specific threat eg: garchomp with outrage, earthquake, fire fang and poison jab would murder your blissey, serperior, blaziken and excadrill and Azumarill leaving only your Skarmory capable of even moderatley walling it. If your Serperior is designed to screw with spore users then your probably going to take poison type moves to the face. Your Excadrill's ability is useless as you have no sand setter on your team and if he is to hit back at rapid spinners I recommend you give him mold breaker. Taunt forces a switch on your skarmbliss combo (which you acknowledge). Overall your team is decent enough but it does have it's flaws perhaps replacing Serperior with Alakazam? Using substitute, Alakazam doesn't take anything from status and carrying a life orb really let's him dish out the damage. all in all great team for your first attempt just do a bit more research and test it a bit on showdown before you post it here. I"m not the good at rating teams so don't take what I say too seriously. :D
I would take this seriously, bar the "x is the only thing that deals with y, if x dies, y can do big damage to your team". Tho prevent this, go full stall .-. Skarm deals with scarf chomp just fine (9/10 times). Change lefties on Azumarill to splash plate, leftovers are sorta useless on the aquadrum set. 252 ev's are just plain garbage, you will lose half of them anyway because of belly drum. Idk how much speed it needs to outspeed important things that aqua jet doesnt deal with though. Blaziken is banned (iirc), aegislash could be a good replacement for it. And change serperior to mega-gengar if you go for aegi. If you really like Serperior, keep it and replace Blaziken with mega-lucario.

Hope that sorta fixed things for you.

-ApplepieFTW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)