Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Doomfist before comp - "Here's way to underpowered...the PTR nerf made him a bit underwhelming"

Doomfist after comp - "HE'S FUCKING OVERPOWERED BLIZZARD WHAT THE FUCK FUCK YOU!"

Aka, fuck you "YourOverwatch". Not only are you people racist/transphobic in your Discord, but you distabalize the community every chance you fucking get.

Also, they deleted their video about how Doomfist was too weak a bit before uploading their video about how Doomfist is OP.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Doomfist before comp - "Here's way to underpowered...the PTR nerf made him a bit underwhelming"

Doomfist after comp - "HE'S FUCKING OVERPOWERED BLIZZARD WHAT THE FUCK FUCK YOU!"

Aka, fuck you "YourOverwatch". Not only are you people racist/transphobic in your Discord, but you distabalize the community every chance you fucking get.

Also, they deleted their video about how Doomfist was too weak a bit before uploading their video about how Doomfist is OP.
While I can not vouch for their discord (haven't seen that) I feel there are worse offenders (cough stylosa cough lonehawk) in the "Overwatch News" community. YourOverwatch moreso have a clickbait problem when it comes to thumbnails instead of their actual video content being anything too repulsive (or drawn out to just over 10 minutes...).

Anyhow they're just the messenger for a community full of hysterics ready to shout OP!!! or BROKEN!!! at any given chance.

Aka fuck stylosa, rank does matter

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
While I can not vouch for their discord (haven't seen that) I feel there are worse offenders (cough stylosa cough lonehawk) in the "Overwatch News" community. YourOverwatch moreso have a clickbait problem when it comes to thumbnails instead of their actual video content being anything too repulsive (or drawn out to just over 10 minutes...).

Anyhow they're just the messenger for a community full of hysterics ready to shout OP!!! or BROKEN!!! at any given chance.

Aka fuck stylosa, rank does matter

Their discord is horrible. They've legit censored people in their YT comment section and even Reddit. The issue with OhNickle was handled pretty well, after all it was absolutely fabricated. But YourOverwatch's Discord is not actually moderated by them, but by their friends. Their friends are people of the same age (young) and culture (meme/weeabo culture). There's a LOT of dislike/distrust for women/female players in their discord. I've seen people give incredible criticism in the discord only to be "mansplained" out by one of the mods.

I myself have been banned from this Discord for correcting one of their mods on D.va mechanics. Specifically who can/can't OHKO her out of meka. I'm a Top D.va, I've written guides on D.va for Various Subreddits and Underwatch. I main'd D.va for a Semi-Professional OW team (small leagues and tournaments). But I was "wrong" about "everything". I ended up getting removed from the discord after the specific mod sent me a pretty nasty message that I passed on to YourOverwatch's twitter. They just blocked me.

People on their YT videos get blocked/removed comments for posting things about their discord all the time. They're not worse then Camp WaWa (Scam Overwatch Discord that charges people for coaching but their coaches aren't real coaches they're the same four dudes on different accounts who just regurgitate things from reddit when they're asked about game/hero mechanics).

Generally, from what I've discovered, OW Discords and OW Community Discords are fucking horrible.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
Their discord is horrible. They've legit censored people in their YT comment section and even Reddit. The issue with OhNickle was handled pretty well, after all it was absolutely fabricated. But YourOverwatch's Discord is not actually moderated by them, but by their friends. Their friends are people of the same age (young) and culture (meme/weeabo culture). There's a LOT of dislike/distrust for women/female players in their discord. I've seen people give incredible criticism in the discord only to be "mansplained" out by one of the mods.

I myself have been banned from this Discord for correcting one of their mods on D.va mechanics. Specifically who can/can't OHKO her out of meka. I'm a Top D.va, I've written guides on D.va for Various Subreddits and Underwatch. I main'd D.va for a Semi-Professional OW team (small leagues and tournaments). But I was "wrong" about "everything". I ended up getting removed from the discord after the specific mod sent me a pretty nasty message that I passed on to YourOverwatch's twitter. They just blocked me.

People on their YT videos get blocked/removed comments for posting things about their discord all the time. They're not worse then Camp WaWa (Scam Overwatch Discord that charges people for coaching but their coaches aren't real coaches they're the same four dudes on different accounts who just regurgitate things from reddit when they're asked about game/hero mechanics).

Generally, from what I've discovered, OW Discords and OW Community Discords are fucking horrible.
Well damn, the Discord does sound pretty terrible. The only overwatch discord I've associated with has been Dinoflask's and that can hardly be considered the place to actually have an in-depth meta talk. It's a fine discord tho, and the channel owner actually gives a shit about it and is active.

Still, fuck stylosa

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Well damn, the Discord does sound pretty terrible. The only overwatch discord I've associated with has been Dinoflask's and that can hardly be considered the place to actually have an in-depth meta talk. It's a fine discord tho, and the channel owner actually gives a shit about it and is active.

Still, fuck stylosa
Who is Stylosa even

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Your Overwatch and everything related to it is full cancer.
Stylosa is a streamer that's also cancer.
Also Doomfist is really fun to play, but he's useless unless your team knows what you're doing.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

LOL the last part seems ridiculous lmao. Yea... there's a lot of YT channels that's just a meme at this point. Initially some of them were okay but I guess numbers got into their heads and look where they are. I'd recommend a few down to earth better ones who are also probably lower on the number count, but it's the quality that matters. OAM is one of the few who maintained their quality throughout from beta till now lol. Lemme know if ya'll want me to recommend a list of channels to follow. I can dig up my subscription list.

Or just follow me B) jk hahaha. Anyway, I've always been in the belief that content creators should be responsible with their content... Content delivered will more or less have some kind of influence on some consumers. Don't want to be giving bad / wrong information to them.

Regarding DF, not much of an opinion in pub play, cos it's well, pubs. My speculation though, is that after some time, prolly not so soon, pro players will be good enough on DF and deem him maybe a little too strong? Kinda like how Tracer being too strong only recently caught on. It'll take some time \o/ OW Contenders will be a great event too look out for the DF meta too so keep your eyes peeled.

Also,

Hasukura you mean there's a knock off of WaWa's Bootcamp discord?

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Figured you guys might like this story

Queue up for QP on my QP account (I have two accounts, one for QP, one for Comp). Get into a match. Auto locked doomfist so no scrubs can auto lock him (I'm at about 20 hours with him combined with game time and PTR time, I'd like to say I'm very well with Doomfist, 55% win rate). ANYWAYS

Auto locked Doomfist and specifically go after their teams support, a Zen and Mercy. I get about 30 kills off the both of them. End of the game their Zen (named like WeWalnuts or something) Starts FREAKING out and accusing me of....ready? AIMBOTTING as Doomfist. "Your punches were way to accurate" was his excuse. I'm like whatever, lol. Next game, I get asked by my team to not play doomfist cause I "did bad" last game (I got three golds and potg but okay), so I lock my main girl (300+ hours 68% winrate) D.va. A few games go by, (maybe 3 or 4) I carried the games and ended them in about 3 minutes each. Walnuts dude is FURIOUS.

Next game. Walnuts and his friend are on my team. They INSTANTLY go to All chat and tell EVERYONE to report me cause I'm a hacker. Walnuts autolocks Mei, his buddy autolocks Sym. We're on Attack Eichenwald. Walnuts keeps Mei walling us (it's not a big deal cause I can fly over it but it cause a lot of problems for the rest of our team). The Sym just kept killing herself. After the game they throw huge tantrums. Claimed that I did "nothing but spam chat and be toxic" I get my golds and POTG (Quad kill at Bridge). Next game, same nonsense happens. Entire enemy team is convinced I'm trolling and actually throwing. Game ends, I get 60% kill participation card, enemy team and Walnuts still convinced I'm "a troll and griefing"

Anyways, a few games pass, 4 people nonstop reporting this dude and his friend. Mid game they get booted. I can only hopefully assume they were banned mid game. A few games later we get his friend in a game (enemy team in a group with someone else). He tells us the account wasn't his and his Brother walked in and saw him griefing on it and beat the shit out of him and he heard it over Discord and I should feel bad for "encouraging toxicity" and that I myself am "Toxic as fuck".

Few games later I get a PM from Walnut dude. "Sorry about him, he's got some sort of fucking metal problem and has a habit of getting me banned from games".

Got me thinking about how far Overwatch has come...and it's really sad like...the community is so fucking toxic and always has been. This whole thing is just real upsetting. Also, I'm tired of hearing "shut up you're a woman" over mic chat from people who are LEAGUES below me in terms of competitive ranking and overall level.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I was trying to be surprised while I read that, but I simply can't. I often meet people like that and oh boy do I want to punch their faces in the end.
Real sad to see mysogyny still rampant, too. Fucking overentitled kids, nothing more to say.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)

Queue up for QP on my QP account (I have two accounts, one for QP, one for Comp). Get into a match. Auto locked doomfist so no scrubs can auto lock him (I'm at about 20 hours with him combined with game time and PTR time, I'd like to say I'm very well with Doomfist, 55% win rate). ANYWAYS

Auto locked Doomfist and specifically go after their teams support, a Zen and Mercy. I get about 30 kills off the both of them. End of the game their Zen (named like WeWalnuts or something) Starts FREAKING out and accusing me of....ready? AIMBOTTING as Doomfist. "Your punches were way to accurate" was his excuse. I'm like whatever, lol. Next game, I get asked by my team to not play doomfist cause I "did bad" last game (I got three golds and potg but okay), so I lock my main girl (300+ hours 68% winrate) D.va. A few games go by, (maybe 3 or 4) I carried the games and ended them in about 3 minutes each. Walnuts dude is FURIOUS.

Next game. Walnuts and his friend are on my team. They INSTANTLY go to All chat and tell EVERYONE to report me cause I'm a hacker. Walnuts autolocks Mei, his buddy autolocks Sym. We're on Attack Eichenwald. Walnuts keeps Mei walling us (it's not a big deal cause I can fly over it but it cause a lot of problems for the rest of our team). The Sym just kept killing herself. After the game they throw huge tantrums. Claimed that I did "nothing but spam chat and be toxic" I get my golds and POTG (Quad kill at Bridge). Next game, same nonsense happens. Entire enemy team is convinced I'm trolling and actually throwing. Game ends, I get 60% kill participation card, enemy team and Walnuts still convinced I'm "a troll and griefing"

Anyways, a few games pass, 4 people nonstop reporting this dude and his friend. Mid game they get booted. I can only hopefully assume they were banned mid game. A few games later we get his friend in a game (enemy team in a group with someone else). He tells us the account wasn't his and his Brother walked in and saw him griefing on it and beat the shit out of him and he heard it over Discord and I should feel bad for "encouraging toxicity" and that I myself am "Toxic as fuck".

Few games later I get a PM from Walnut dude. "Sorry about him, he's got some sort of fucking metal problem and has a habit of getting me banned from games".

Got me thinking about how far Overwatch has come...and it's really sad like...the community is so fucking toxic and always has been. This whole thing is just real upsetting. Also, I'm tired of hearing "shut up you're a woman" over mic chat from people who are LEAGUES below me in terms of competitive ranking and overall level.
The fact that this is QP makes it all the more baffling. What's there to even get mad over?

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
I was trying to be surprised while I read that, but I simply can't. I often meet people like that and oh boy do I want to punch their faces in the end.
Real sad to see mysogyny still rampant, too. Fucking overentitled kids, nothing more to say.

I left Underwatch for that reason. Underwatch was a great community before it got super infested with little kids during the Nexus Challenge...a lot of people checked out my D.va guides and it went from a lot of "Great Guide!" to a lot of "But you're not top 500" and "But what's your competitive rank". Shits just sad.

I just made some GREAT friends on the enemy team.

Here's a positive story Joim , Spawned in as D.va, was trying to get some wins to help a friend grind up. Enemy Doomfist kept teabagging me and I got kind of tired of it so I went full try hard mode. I was purposely letting him drop my meka, then just jumping/crouching under all of his attacks and teabagging him after I'd kill him. I was 1v1ing this Doomfist (He was Post-600) and coming out on top. After a few fights with him he /all chats "I respect you now, D.va". Next encounter we had we both waved to each other at the same time, and a friendship was born.

We played for about 8 games after that, some of the games they stayed on the enemy team but eventually we grouped up. Life is awesome when people are just super cool about video games.

Is it me or has quickplay gotten WAY more toxic since Doomfist dropped. Because that's been my experience (except the past 3 days. THOSE have been funny as hell). Really need to only do competitive from now on honestly :/

Joim

Pixels matter
Quick Play has been very toxic since forever, especially since there are many qp only players who want to see their winrates going up.
I basically never play qp, it's as toxic as comp or more, doesn't have rewards, and games are more boring usually due to bad comps / more stomps.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Quick Play has been very toxic since forever, especially since there are many qp only players who want to see their winrates going up.
I basically never play qp, it's as toxic as comp or more, doesn't have rewards, and games are more boring usually due to bad comps / more stomps.

I don't remember a time when QP wasn't toxic. I think Competitive is a LOT more Toxic. I usually stick to Mystery Hero since it actually test your ability to adapt and learn as you play.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think QP is fine as long as you farm MMR enough, and QP MMR is easier to farm than comp. Then again, I'd also say it really depends on the region you're playing in so \o/

The best time for QP was ofc before comp S1 was a thing cos that was the only mode available and most people played to win during then, yet also not too serious / toxic / whatever. Also lol winrate is like the most irrelevant stat in QP. I do wish they bring over CP rewards to QP as well tbh. As Jeff said, comp rewards were a mistake and I've always been in agreement with that lol.

They should also prolly remove loot box rewards from arcade and let arcade be the truly play for fun mode. I might have said that already somewhere tho.

also comp is the worst hehe

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
They're already complaining....THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/6rx47y/who_else_thinks_that_getting_oneshot_by_doomfist/

The comparisons to old roahog are so fucking childish and most likely being made by people who didn't have to deal with Roadhog in the Triple Tank Meta or Prior to Ana/Sombra being able to "silence" Hog. Roadhog is currently close to unplayable because of /r/Overwatch and OW Youtubers pressuring Blizzard into nerfing him to fucking death...They JUST Released Doomfist...no one complained until YourOverwatch made a video "Is Doomfist OP!?!?!?" And now everyone is like "GUISE HES OP!!!1"

fuck this community I'm starting my own Tf2 Rip-off, with black jack...and hookers!

Joim

Pixels matter
Hook had more range, even bigger hitbox. Right click needs to be charged, has a sound cue that can be heard across the map, Doomfist glows... and it's still less damage than hook, especially if you're not against a wall.

Plats gonna be plats.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
There's a bug in Lucioball that makes you stuck in searching even though you're not and there's no way for you to get out of it. You can't play other gamemodes, either. Restarting Overwatch and rebooting your PC doesn't work either so be cautious or just avoid Lucioball for now.
I've been stuck for like 3 hours. :(

There's a glitch with comp SR where you'll win / lose a game but won't gain / lose any SR... happened to me on an Anubis game I won, I got no SR from it :(

Joim

Pixels matter
Seems all issues are solved, and now we have very interesting PTR changes.
I think widow is too strong with the wallhacks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)