SM OU Over Used Team (By DatTeamMaster)

Hi guys, i am new to OU and i've created a decent team that has gotten me up the ladder so far. Please rate it and tell me my team's weaknesses so i can make this team the best it can be! I got many of these ideas from Smogon Analysis, so credit to them!

Toxapex @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Baneful Bunker
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Recover
This Toxapex is the leader of the team with Toxic Spikes, Haze, and the stall stuff. This Toxapex can last VERY long and can get rid of the opposing sweeper's stats. There is nothing really to say about Toxapex, just that it's very good for stall.

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic / Protect
- Defog
- Scald
- Roost
Mantine is my hazard remover, with a STAB Scald attack, Toxic, and Roost. If you manage to set up Toxic Spikes successfully you probably won't need Toxic so replace it with Protect if you're confident. Mantine can't really last that long with Electric and Grass types...

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Thousand Arrows / Thousand Waves
- Extreme Speed
Since the above two Pokemon are so weak to Electric, i've decided to put Choice Band Zygarde in for decent damage and coverage for the above two Pokemon. Thousand Arrows can get rid of Flying threats, or if you want use Thousand Waves for trapping the opponent. Outrage can easily break walls, Superpower to break other walls, and Extreme Speed for priority.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Tapu Koko is so good, it can check so many threats in OU such as Mantine, Greninja, Manaphy, Pelipper, Toxapex, Tyranitar, etc. It's Choice Specs and Speed makes it's attacks over-powered, you can easily spam Volt Switch. The main threat for Tapu Koko is ground, so i put Hidden Power Ice for Ground coverage and Dragon coverage, which makes Tapu Koko a Dragon destroyer. Tapu Koko can literally destroy Garchomp, Dragonite, Zygarde, and others with Hidden Power Ice.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 124 Def / 16 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost
Our main Fairy destroyer, Mega Scizor. With Technician and Swords Dance, Scizor's Bullet Punch and Knock Off is unstoppable! Scizor is really good and it's main threat fire types got covered by Mantine.

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
Finally, Latios. Choice Scarf Latios makes it really fast and can lock other Pokemon to moves that aren't effective or doesn't effect Latios (especially ground type moves). For example a ground type can come up to my Tapu Koko, then i'll switch Tapu Koko for Latios, and when they use the ground-type move it won't effect Latios because of Levitate and then Latios uses Trick to get them locked on the ground type move, for the final phase Latios switches to Mantine / Zygarde and it'll do the rest. Draco Meteor, Psyshock, and Shadow Ball are all very strong.
Pokepaste link for testing: https://pokepast.es/154b2a80551b56bc
Replays: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-638683359

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)