OU Spotlight: Zygarde

Good article, funny how Zygarde went from being virtually unused to one of the tier's best Pokemon all thanks to Thousand Arrows. Only thing is, why does the SubCoil set have an Adamant nature listed when it has no attack investment? Wouldn't Careful Nature be better to give it a bit more special bulk? I've heard of an offensive Coil set, but I think that uses a different EV spread (240 HP / 176 Atk / 36 SpD / 56 Spe with an Adamant nature).

tdp edit: fixed

Last edited by a moderator:
Good article, funny how Zygarde went from being virtually unused to one of the tier's best Pokemon all thanks to Thousand Arrows. Only thing is, why does the SubCoil set have an Adamant nature listed when it has no attack investment? Wouldn't Careful Nature be better to give it a bit more special bulk? I've heard of an offensive Coil set, but I think that uses a different EV spread (240 HP / 176 Atk / 36 SpD / 56 Spe with an Adamant nature).

tdp edit: fixed
Yeah, times change and some pokemon become things we couldn't imagine they would. On the OU viability thread you can see things like "Blissey is not enough bulky", "latias is underwhelming" or "Mega Charizard X is rather bad on the last month", wich would sound like the statemenst of a complete lunatic in ADV and DPPt, and on early XY respectively, and some old OU staples and even some Uber pokemon eventually go to the lower ranks simply because metagame changes.

And conversely imagine people saying "Mawile is too good" or "Pelliper is a godsend to rain teams" pre XY/SM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)