OU Pokemon Previews - Index, Rules, and Reservations

Can you justify why it should get an analysis?
Yes. Sigilyph is certainly a very gimmicky Pokemon, and needs quite a bit of support to work, but once it gets going there is very little that can stop it. Magic Guard is a fantastic ability, and coupled with Psycho Shift and the Flame Orb, can cripple any physical attacker and most status abusers. After an enemy is burned, Sigilyph is free to set up with Cosmic Power and then can even sweep with Stored Power. It is also a very unexpected Pokemon in OU, and can absolutely destroy unprepared teams. Of course, it has crippling counters including pretty much anything faster than it that can OHKO it and the ever-lovin' Scizor, but with the right teammates it doesn't get bothered very often. It got a great teammate this gen in Greninja, who can kill quite a few of Sigilyph's nemeses with ease, and any good Fire- or Ground- type deals with Steel, and often Electric.
EDIT: Another role Sigilyph can fulfill is status. It can utilize screens, and its good base 97 Speed enables him to get a status condition off on many common sweepers who switch in on it. It has access to Thunder Wave as well as Psycho Shift, and can run both on a set with Miracle Eye and Hypnosis for definite sleep, though this sacrifices a STAB and Miracle Eye's slot would be better filled with Psychic.

Last edited:
Just curious why Wigglytuff is not listed, Dedenne is listed because it is a new 6th Gen but all around awful, I would think that Wigglytuff might need discussion with it's new typing and increased base stats.

Wouldn't Krookodile be a huge counter to Aegislash if it was holding the Focus Sash? It can easily OHKO or 2HKO Aegislash without dying to Sacred Sword.

idk if birkal's working on it or not, but clefable has been relatively untouched for a while. if it needs taken over, I'm on it. otherwise, nbd.

I just wanted to say I'm really sory for stating a review and not finishing it, at the time i took on the challenge i was rather new to this (and still am) and upon starting it I got hit with tons of real world stuff to deal with, I hope that it didn't cause any major problems

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Is anyone doing genesect? If not, I'm interested.
EDIT: wow that was my hundredth post w/e

The last pokemon that is unreserved Gourgeist-L is mine
Btw why is Gourgeist-A and unreserved and reserved

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)