Project OU Community Create a Team | COMPLETED (see p. 22, post #545)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Nedor, are we allowed to vote for our own stuff?

Currently gonna vote for

Core 3
Core 9

but I'll change it if I can't vote for my own stuff (which is kinda grimy to begin with but I have no shame)

Gonna vote for

Core 9
Core 11

Last edited:
6) and 13)

EDIT:

sorry Yoshiblaze for not taking your suggestion as weezing is unviable in the ou tier, but thank you for your request! make sure to get your vote in by the deadline, looking forward to this round! n_n
When you try your best, but you don't succeed.... :P

When you get what you want, but not what you need. :P

Last edited by a moderator:

Nedor

thiccc
hello, i decided to let the voting run for a few more days as the results were getting to be really close & i wanted to see what you guys as the community would prefer, here are the results:

======

| 0 votes
| 1 vote
| 0 votes
| 1 vote
| 0 votes
| 3 votes
| 0 votes
| 1 vote
| 5 votes
| 2 votes
| 2 votes
| 4 votes
| 2 votes
| 0 votes
| 5 votes
| 1 vote
| 0 votes
| 5 votes
| 6 votes

======

these results were certainly down to the wire, but terrakion + mega latias is the chosen core for this next round of ccat by one short vote!

with that, i will be opening the second suggestion period of this round; you guys have from now until friday the 24th (exactly one week) to submit your request.

i will be posting some information on the core sometime soon to give those who aren't that experienced with something like this to have a better understanding. thank you to everyone who submitted a core by the way, it is definitely appreciated :3c

Infernal

Banned deucer.
Hmm: this core may be challenging to build differently from the known sample team with Mega Latias + Terrak (found @ the end here). There's also another known team with this core here (final member is Keld). They have similar structures because of the nature of the core. Weakness wise, the core's main issues are Mega Sciz and fairies (Mega Diancie, Mega Gardevoir, Clef). Tran quickly comes to mind as member #1 to help with these problems and provide SR. Assuming the team takes the Heatran route, things could end up going in a similar direction to the teams linked because Rotom-W / Landorus-T are nearly unmatched in terms of covering remaining issues like Exca, Azu, etc. Although something like Jira could be used over Tran to also provide SR and give us a better way to handle fairies, I still think it's likely the team will end up looking similar to the other builds. This is because Mega Latias + Terrak opens you up to some specific weaknesses and, generally speaking, only certain Pokemon patch them up better than everything else.

I am sure we could build a team that's different from the sample team, but then the question becomes: will our version be better than the original? Is there a way we can fix the original team's weakness to threats like Gar and fairies while maintaining a similar quality/some degree of variance? When someone sees this CCAT and compares the team to the original, would they be compelled to use ours instead? Despite the answer, I think it'd be better/more productive/more fun to spend our time building around a core that hasn't been explored as much. Could lead to more activity/participation from the community too. There are known/proven teams with Mega Latias + Terrak for people to refer to, and I don't know if it's worth trying to break the core's mold.

That's just my opinion though and I wanted to share the concerns. I know this core was voted for by the community in a really close one, but I think it's worth considering going with one of the lesser explored runner up cores instead of this one. Like starry blanket said below, Band Terrak by itself is another fine idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)