Other Metagames Teambuilding Shop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it okay if I cancel my request for an Inheritance team? I just remembered about this and now that Inheritance isn't OMotM anymore, I don't think I'll find any use for it. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Also, I'd like to make a request for 2v2 Doubles:

Heatran @ Flame Plate/Something better
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Eruption
- Protect
- Coverage
- Coverage

Tier: OMotM (2v2 Doubles)
Playstyle:
Any really.
Description: I'm a big fan of Heatran's Eruption. I was originally thinking of a Scarfed variant in the sun but it isn't really outspeeding a lot with 340 speed. So I was thinking of a Trick Room team. But anything works as long as I can spam Eruption.

Edit: 2v2 isn't the OMotM anymore, so nevermind.

Last edited:

EV

Banned deucer.
Tier: STABmons
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:

Sets: Sub+Seed Sceptile (toying with Spore/Dragon Breath as the last two slots but open to changes), standard DoomShuffle Heatran (Doom Desire/Roar/King's Shield/Lava Plume)
Short Description: They have great synergy defensively and offensively, checking a lot of each others checks. A Water-type could help round out the FWG core and a Fairy type could round out the FDS core (hint hint).
Playstyle: Balance but I'm open to anything that fits best.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:

Sets:
Sub+Seed Sceptile (toying with Spore/Dragon Breath as the last two slots but open to changes), standard DoomShuffle Heatran (Doom Desire/Roar/King's Shield/Lava Plume)
Short Description: They have great synergy defensively and offensively, checking a lot of each others checks. A Water-type could help round out the FWG core and a Fairy type could round out the FDS core (hint hint).
Add Azumarill for ultimate core imo

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Tier: Almost Any Ability
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
AND
OR

Sets:
Specs Draco Meteor/Thunder/Hurricane/Surf Dragonite with Drizzle, and either Rotom-W or Zapdos with Drizzle, Damp Rock, and Volt Switch
Short Description: I've been wanting to make a Rain team in AAA and use Special Dragonite on a Rain team, so wynaut combine them?
Playstyle: Bulky Offense/Balance

Sprite(s) of Pokemon:

Sets:
Sub+Seed Sceptile (toying with Spore/Dragon Breath as the last two slots but open to changes), standard DoomShuffle Heatran (Doom Desire/Roar/King's Shield/Lava Plume)
i'll do this

Reactions: EV
Tier: Almost Any Ability
Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
AND
OR

Sets:
Specs Draco Meteor/Thunder/Hurricane/Surf Dragonite with Drizzle, and either Rotom-W or Zapdos with Drizzle, Damp Rock, and Volt Switch
Short Description: I've been wanting to make a Rain team in AAA and use Special Dragonite on a Rain team, so wynaut combine them?
Playstyle: Bulky Offense/Balance

Zapdos @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Roost
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog

Dragonite @ Choice Specs
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Atk / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Thunder
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Double Trouble (Doublade) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Pursuit
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

macle (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 20 Def / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Toxic Spikes
- Ice Beam

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Superpower

In-Depth Team Explanation:

Zapdos was chosen over Rotom-W as it has access to Roost and Defog, which means it can both last longer and provide critical Defog support for the team, which would have a hard time dealing with hazards otherwise. Maximum defense means it can come in on many things and set up rain before Volt Switching out, and Hidden Power Ice gives it a way to hit Zygarde and Garchomp, who both come in for free and set up otherwise.

I decided on Gale Wings for Dragonite, as most Gale Wings counters are only prepared for Brave Bird and are in general utterly devastated by special sets. I decided to change Surf for Earthquake if you don't mind, as otherwise Desolate Land Heatran essentially has a free switch-in, being immune to surf, resisting Draco Meteor and Hurricane while reducing the latter's accuracy to 70% again, and knocking Thunder down to 50% accuracy (Note that you can still hit Levitate Heatran, as it takes a fair bit from Thunder and doesn't reduce its accuracy). 20 attack EVs may seem odd with a modest nature, but it guarantees the OHKO on 4HP Heatran. Rest is invested in Special Attack and bulk.

Swift Swim Magnezone is a Pokemon I really enjoy for destroying priority spam teams and that I think you'll enjoy using as well. Resisting every common form of priority in AAA, Magnezone manhandles offensive teams. Take a look at these calcs:
252+ Atk Choice Band Braviary Brave Bird vs. 16 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 69-81 (24.2 - 28.4%) -- 97.1% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Refrigerate Genesect Extreme Speed vs. 16 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 71-84 (24.9 - 29.4%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO

Without priority it is very difficult to outspeed Magnezone without a Scarf, so the opponent will usually be forced to take a STAB Specs Thunder off of base 130 special attack before attacking, which I don't think I need to demonstrate the power of with calcs. HP Grass hits Motor Drive Manaphy, which is infuriatingly common nowadays and can easily switch in if Magnezone opts for HP Ice.

Flash Fire Doublade is needed to stop Desolate Land Victini, which absolutely curbstomps this team otherwise, given Desolate Land can't be negated by Zapdos and it cuts off Swift Swim. Pursuit is there because killing Victini is good, and the rest of the moves and EVs are fairly self-explanatory.

When's the last time you saw a Greninja without Protean? Greninja is actually a very solid choice on rain teams, as it is the fastest Water type and when backed up by rain its Tinted Lens Hydro Pumps can destroy worlds. Toxic Spikes is an E4 Flint approved move that can cripple most stall Pokemon that aren't using PH, and unless your opponent chooses Chansey as their bouncer (rare) Greninja will often be able to get a layer up as the pink blob attempts to wall it. Dark Pulse is there because STAB and Ice Beam for coverage.

Finally we have Swampert, which is pretty much the only mega you'll see on a rain team. Drizzle before mega evolution can help as you don't need to switch Zapdos in early, and after mega evolving Swampert just kills stuff. Stealth Rock is there because this is Smogon and we need Stealth Rock on every team, and the rest of the moves are fairly straightforward.

I played a few games with the team to test it out, though I haven't saved them. I could make a few if you want to see the team in action though.

Hey guys I want to make an offensive sand team in BH but i dont know where to start ;_; :o

Tier: Balanced Hackmons

Sprite(s) of Pokemon:

Sets:

Shedinja @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Baton Pass / Volt Switch
- Endeavor / Pain Split
- Spiky Shield
- filler / i dont even know

Short Description: I find the idea of a sand team really interesting and fun, but here's the problem, I have literally no idea what are viable pokemon and what aren't, i cant think of any imposter-proof sand rush sweepers, i dont know and good setters. And although primal weathers arent that common, they are still a threat and i dont know how to deal with them. So yeah. Halp pls?
EDIT: PDon sounds like a good sand rush sweeper because all of its stats are amazing - except for speed, which sand rush easily covers. I also read somewhere in some forum that Mega Latios was good on sand teams, but im not entirely sure why. Although not necessarily sand-related, Pixilate Diancie seems cool on sand teams for the added chip damage sandstream provides for fakespeed, and the 50% SpD boost is a neat side-effect also. Finally a sand team doesn't have to run Sturdinja coverage or moldy pursuit because sandstorm already covers that, so that sounds fun :3 (sure Sheddy can run goggles, but who HONESTLY ever runs goggles? no one from my experience).

Playstyle: Sand Offense, I guess
Just out of curiosity is anyone currently working on my team or planning to do so in the near future? Because its been about 3 weeks and no one has offered or said anything about helping me. If someone does want to help make a team, you don't have to use Shedinja in the team, i was just providing an example of what my sand team could have. So yeah.

EDIT: To make things a little simpler, perhaps I could post a primitive sand-team i made and you guys can tweak it to become optimal :3
Sturdelicious (Shedinja) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
Brave Nature
- Baton Pass
- Endeavor
- Knock Off
- Sandstorm

IM REGIROCK-HARD (Regirock) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- U-turn
- Metal Burst
- Milk Drink
- Defog

GrouDonkey (Groudon-Primal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Sacred Fire
- Knock Off

DiamondCamoUnlocked (Diancie-Mega) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpA / 204 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Parting Shot

another GrouDonkey (Groudon-Primal) @ Leftovers
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Synthesis
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Sacred Fire

primarily an ogre (Kyogre-Primal) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Quiver Dance
- Water Spout
- Moonblast

Sprite(s) of Pokemon:

Sets:
I am not a teambuilder but I have a team with these two pokemon on it, so I might as well post it.

Team Explanation:

The team is designed around sweeping with either mega sceptile or sand rush excadrill. They are supported in breaking down balance and stall teams by heavy hitters life orb lure tyranitar, choice band azumarill, landorus and doomshuffle heatran.

Note, for mega sceptile I am using a normal set because I am confused about what sub seed does, but you can change the set if you want. Mega sceptile has a standard spore 3 attacks set that is great at sweeping offensive teams or basically any team without solid answers like chansey or amoonguss, but feel free to change it to the sub seed set if you want. Heatran is there as a solid switch in to many pokemon, the most important of which for my team are mega scizor (sort of), thundurus, latios, gengar, and special shell smashers and geomancy users. It is also an excellent stallbreaker; you all know what doom desire heatran does.

Excadrill is a 4 attacks sand rush set with just plain earthquake and iron head, because I dislike missing on a pokemon that is supposed to clean weakened teams. I used this pokemon just to try it out, and it does work pretty well. Tyranitar is there to support excadrill with sand, and to lure in common excadrill and azumarill counters or checks with fire blast and ice beam, such as landorus-t, ferrothorn, scizor and skarmory. It also provides priority support with sucker punch and a solid check to talonflame.

Choice band azumarill is an excellent wallbreaker and one of the best pokemon in the meta right now, it is extremely spamable on most teams. The few pokemon that can wall it, skarmory and ferrothorn, get lured by tyranitar or dealt with by heatran. Landorus is similar to azumarill on the special side and is walled by very little outside of chansey, although hurricane accuracy is a problem. I have rocks on landorus because it can easily force switches and find an opportunity to get them up often.
Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hurricane
- Oblivion Wing
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Diamond Storm
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Excadrill @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Seed Flare
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Doom Desire
- Lava Plume
- King's Shield
- Roar

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Play Rough
- Water Shuriken
- Extreme Speed

Last edited:
I am not a teambuilder but I have a team with these two pokemon on it, so I might as well post it.

Team Explanation:

The team is designed around sweeping with either mega sceptile or sand rush excadrill. They are supported in breaking down balance and stall teams by heavy hitters life orb lure tyranitar, choice band azumarill, landorus and doomshuffle heatran.

Note, for mega sceptile I am using a normal set because I am confused about what sub seed does, but you can change the set if you want. Mega sceptile has a standard spore 3 attacks set that is great at sweeping offensive teams or basically any team without solid answers like chansey or amoonguss, but feel free to change it to the sub seed set if you want. Heatran is there as a solid switch in to many pokemon, the most important of which for my team are mega scizor (sort of), thundurus, latios, gengar, and special shell smashers and geomancy users. It is also an excellent stallbreaker; you all know what doom desire heatran does.

Excadrill is a 4 attacks sand rush set with just plain earthquake and iron head, because I dislike missing on a pokemon that is supposed to clean weakened teams. I used this pokemon just to try it out, and it does work pretty well. Tyranitar is there to support excadrill with sand, and to lure in common excadrill and azumarill counters or checks with fire blast and ice beam, such as landorus-t, ferrothorn, scizor and skarmory. It also provides priority support with sucker punch and a solid check to talonflame.

Choice band azumarill is an excellent wallbreaker and one of the best pokemon in the meta right now, it is extremely spamable on most teams. The few pokemon that can wall it, skarmory and ferrothorn, get lured by tyranitar or dealt with by heatran. Landorus is similar to azumarill on the special side and is walled by very little outside of chansey, although hurricane accuracy is a problem. I have rocks on landorus because it can easily force switches and find an opportunity to get them up often.
Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Hurricane
- Oblivion Wing
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Naughty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Diamond Storm
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Seed Flare
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Doom Desire
- Lava Plume
- King's Shield
- Roar

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Play Rough
- Water Shuriken
- Extreme Speed
wow this team is probably better than the one i built :,(

i gave my team to eevee via showdown, but here's the team:

This team takes a different approach to Pagoose's in that it's not Sand, which you can see right off the bat! Instead of the Azumarill, I decided to take a different approach and go with Gyarados. Gyarados is 4x weak to Electric-types attack, which allow Mega Sceptile to raise more easily. Furthermore, Ground-types think twice against Heatran thanks to Gyarados, which is why I chose it over Azumarill. Anyways! Mega Sceptile is SubSeed, as Eevee requested. I chose to run Giga Drain + DPulse instead of Spore, and instead run Sleep on Kangaskhan. Kangaskhan is the main form of priority on this team, and it does what standard Kangaskhan does but with Lovely Kiss to put its counters out of commission. Gyarados has a funky set, but it's a strong late-game cleaner without being worried about priority (Dragon Ascent) or being worn down (Brave Bird). Acrobatics is just safer, and Stealth Rock + Substitute will put it in the "Acrobatics-ready" range. Heatran is standard. Terrakion provides Stealth Rock. Roar is used as a filler move, to catch a switch in (like Skarmory) off guard, though it's not super important. Can be switched for EQ / HP Ice if ya want. Clefable is spreading paralysis and is then sweeping later in the match once Heatran has been removed. Kind of a glue, I'd say. Powerful Fairy-type imo :D.

Pagoose's team is rlly good tho ;o;.

EV

Banned deucer.
wow this team is probably better than the one i built :,(

i gave my team to eevee via showdown, but here's the team:

This team takes a different approach to Pagoose's in that it's not Sand, which you can see right off the bat! Instead of the Azumarill, I decided to take a different approach and go with Gyarados. Gyarados is 4x weak to Electric-types attack, which allow Mega Sceptile to raise more easily. Furthermore, Ground-types think twice against Heatran thanks to Gyarados, which is why I chose it over Azumarill. Anyways! Mega Sceptile is SubSeed, as Eevee requested. I chose to run Giga Drain + DPulse instead of Spore, and instead run Sleep on Kangaskhan. Kangaskhan is the main form of priority on this team, and it does what standard Kangaskhan does but with Lovely Kiss to put its counters out of commission. Gyarados has a funky set, but it's a strong late-game cleaner without being worried about priority (Dragon Ascent) or being worn down (Brave Bird). Acrobatics is just safer, and Stealth Rock + Substitute will put it in the "Acrobatics-ready" range. Heatran is standard. Terrakion provides Stealth Rock. Roar is used as a filler move, to catch a switch in (like Skarmory) off guard, though it's not super important. Can be switched for EQ / HP Ice if ya want. Clefable is spreading paralysis and is then sweeping later in the match once Heatran has been removed. Kind of a glue, I'd say. Powerful Fairy-type imo :D.

Pagoose's team is rlly good tho ;o;.
I tested this out versus a real fuck boi just now. I made a few changes for the better I think. Here's the replay. I would have won btw, but said fuck boi pulled out all the stops and haxed me. (Plus he had 3!?!? sleep users.)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-233265496

Edit: Since unfixable did not provide the team export, here it is: http://hastebin.com/raw/gakijedosi
And here's my version.
Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Spore
- Dragon Breath

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 140 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
- Doom Desire
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- King's Shield

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Acrobatics
- Taunt

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Diamond Storm
- Taunt

Kangaskhan (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- ExtremeSpeed
- Drain Punch
- Lovely Kiss

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Which one do you prefer?

Edit more replays: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-233270928
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-233272408

Last edited:
I tested this out versus a real fuck boi just now. I made a few changes for the better I think. Here's the replay. I would have won btw, but said fuck boi pulled out all the stops and haxed me. (Plus he had 3!?!? sleep users.)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-233265496

Edit: Since unfixable did not provide the team export, here it is: http://hastebin.com/raw/gakijedosi
And here's my version.
Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Spore
- Dragon Breath

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 140 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
- Doom Desire
- Lava Plume
- Roar
- King's Shield

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Acrobatics
- Taunt

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Diamond Storm
- Taunt

Kangaskhan (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- ExtremeSpeed
- Drain Punch
- Lovely Kiss

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Which one do you prefer?
I forgot a warning: team majorly weak to hax. ;)

Chopin Alkaninoff

noivern.gif
magneton.gif
beedrill.gif
ferrothorn.gif
hitmonlee.gif
victini.gif

The requested core was Noviern and Magneton. The Noviern set supports this team as a fast taunt mon. Magneton+Beedrill is the real core here. Beedrill's biggest checks and counters are Steel types like Scizor and Skarmory which are trapped and removed by Magneton. Hitmonlee provides an offensive spinner to keep the ground clear for Beedrill. Victini provides rk/wallbreaking duties with it's powerful V-Create. Finally Ferrothorn checks the pesky Rain playstyle and provides hazard stacking.

Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Roost

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed

Hitmonlee (M) @ Normal Gem
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Lonely Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Energy Ball
- U-turn

Last edited:
Tier: Monotype

Sprite(s) of pokemon:

Sets:a defensive set for both.

Short Description: I feel Mandibuzz and Sableye work together as a great defensive core in mono dark and I wanted to try them out.I want my team to be based around this defensive core (probably with Tyranitar because it has stealth rock and sand steam for residual damage while these two stall) having some offensive pokemons that can check this team's weakness.

Playstyle: Anything that fits my description.

Thank in advance.:mad:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
OK, so big update coming, then team :D
First of all, we are no longer going to be making teams for OMotM, it turned out to be more complicated than expected and not a very good idea :(
Secondly, I like donkeys, E4 Flint is making your team, but he said it might be a couple of days since he is busy with exams and grad. Gigglewithme I'm making your team :)
Also, Peef Rimgar, I know you gave me my Nape team on PS, but if you wouldn't mind posting it in the thread with a short description that would be great :) (just so other people and new players can see it and use it)

Now, MadMayMason, here is your Monotype Psychic team!

Meloetta @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Moonlight
- Moonblast

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Calm Mind

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Defog

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off

This is a bulky offense team based around Mega Medicham wallbreaking with a bulky offensive Meloetta. Meloetta functions as the team cleric and the special wallbreaker, hitting mons such as Slowbro and Mega Sableye that would otherwise wall Mega Medicham very hard. MegaCham uses double priority to break sashes with the main move being HJK to pretty much nuke everything. Ice Punch is there for Gliscor and Lando-T. I didn't have Cresselia on the first team I made around this, but I added it later to function as a relatively safe Zard Y switch in from full. It can switch in, Protect, recover, then Toxic stall it out. It can Toxic stall a ton of special attackers with its massive bulk. Moonblast is for Dark types such as Mega Sableye and Hydreigon, although you can change that to a Psychic STAB if you would like (I prefer Moonblast personally though). Slowbro gives the team a reliable physical wall and it spreads paralysis to allow Mega Medicham to wallbreak faster mons and kill Scarfers. Scald is annoying and CM allows you to become a late game sweeper. Latios serves as a fast Defogger and revenge killer while being able to cripple stallmons simultaneously. Scarf Defog may seem weird but a majority of the time yo can dump the Scarf, and if you reveal Defog not many people will expect it to be choice-locked. Stallbreaker Mew is a mon that I personally love and the mon that wraps up this team. It can make a decent anti-lead and with Taunt/WoW/Roost can stall out many physical attackers on its own. This is a pretty solid team that I had fun testing n_n

Bug teams can be a threat, especially ones with Band Scizor, as it can threaten even Slowbro with U-Turn. Lum Berry Volcarona is also annoying.

Fire teams with a well played Zard Y/Victini (and Volc too) can be a pain to fight--keeping Latios alive for Victini and Cress for Zard Y is key

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-234454275
Replay vs. franky and a mirror match, shows how great Cress' special bulk is (tanking them hits from Mega Alakazam all day long)

*bump*

BH team built around this

Set: Groudon-Primal @ something
Ability: Contrary
EVs: idk what the optimal spread is
Probably Rash nature, but idk
- V-Create
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- something good

Description: Basically people seem to use Giratina to beat Primal Groudon and Aegislash to beat contrary, and this set beats both. Also I figured that alot of people are just lazy and use Chansey to check contrary, but many teams just fall to contrary + something imposterproof. I used FF Togekiss when I first tried out this team, but maybe there's something better.
Playstyle: Don't care, although I doubt it's going to end up being stall.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Alright Gigglewithme here is your Dark monotype team!

So this is a balanced team based around Sableye and Mandibuzz walling and Sharpedo or Bisharp cleaning up late-game. Sableye is the stallbreaker non-Mega set, as while I tried the CM Mega wincon set, it didn't mesh with this team very well. The Will-o-Wisp/Taunt combo is very annoying to face and turns Sableye into a great anti-lead if you don't think Tyranitar will be able to get up rocks. It also prevents you from auto-losing to Fighting-types such as Terrakion and Breloom. Recover is mandatory, and Knock Off is generally annoying. Mandibuzz is also a physical wall, countering Pokemon such as Landorus-T, Heracross, and Hawlucha. It can Toxic stall opposing threats, but make sure you don't Poison Pokemon you want to Burn. Brave Bird is the last move to hit the Fighting types it counters, Roost is obligatory recovery for a wall, and Defog assists the team by removing hazards. Tyranitar is very important, as it is your Rocker. It is a great help against Fire, and can Pursuit trap Pokemon as well. Crunch and Stone Edge are strong STAB attacks. Sharpedo acts as a great cleaner against offensive teams. It should generally be brought in against a slower, weakened Pokemon to get Speed Boosts, then try and finish up with its STABs. Zen Headbutt is for Keldeo mainly, as you will almost always lose to it otherwise. Since this team lacks a Mega, you CAN run Sharpedonite over Life Orb on Sharpedo if you would like. Hydreigon is the sole special attacker of the team and is Scarfed to act as a revenge killer. Its STABs are obvious, and then Earth Power and Fire Blast hit threats such as Mega Diancie, Heatran, and Ferrothorn. Bisharp is the final member of the team, and is a generic set. It acts as a great wincon against slower teams, as after an SD, it can wreck with STAB Knock Off. Sucker Punch makes it not dead weight against offense, and Iron Head is another STAB.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

THREATS: Keldeo, and in particular the Scarf set, is very hard for this team to deal with. Rock Polish Mega Diancie also puts in work, 6-0ing you if it gets up that Rock Polish. Bug teams are also annoying, but can be played around. Keeping Sharpedo alive is key in this matchup, and same with Mandibuzz (who needs to wall Scizor/Mega Pinsir/Heracross). Tyranitar with Rocks and nailing stuff with Stone Edge also helps.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-241442654

Hope you like the team! Have fun trying it out n_n

baconbagon

free stabmons
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi could I have a STABmons team built around these two?

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Fire
- Substitute

Description: I guess the idea is that after the opponent sees that your Charizard is a V-create user, their main switch-in will be Heatran, allowing you to lure it in and knock it out with Earthquake. Then Serperior can run Hidden Power Fire. Feel free to change the sets though, I just picked random filler moves and EV spreads.

Playstyle: HO would be nice, but I don't really mind (don't really think it'll be stall lol).

Okay, so I want to have a fairy team, and I already do, but I want to see if you can make a better one, so here's the first pokemon to start you off.
Monotype Tier
Fairy Mono

Bunny Rabbit (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Good Luck!

K I'm doing it.

Tier: Tier Shift

Playstyle: Semistall / Stall
Description: Umbreon completely destroyed a team of mine that had both Nidoking and Band Sawk. It obviously has huge defensive capabilities, and I would like to try it out for myself.
Other Reqs: No Togetic!

EV

Banned deucer.
Hi could I have a STABmons team built around these two?

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Fire
- Substitute

Description: I guess the idea is that after the opponent sees that your Charizard is a V-create user, their main switch-in will be Heatran, allowing you to lure it in and knock it out with Earthquake. Then Serperior can run Hidden Power Fire. Feel free to change the sets though, I just picked random filler moves and EV spreads.

Playstyle: HO would be nice, but I don't really mind (don't really think it'll be stall lol).
Okay I'll take this up.

Alright Gigglewithme here is your Dark monotype team!

So this is a balanced team based around Sableye and Mandibuzz walling and Sharpedo or Bisharp cleaning up late-game. Sableye is the stallbreaker non-Mega set, as while I tried the CM Mega wincon set, it didn't mesh with this team very well. The Will-o-Wisp/Taunt combo is very annoying to face and turns Sableye into a great anti-lead if you don't think Tyranitar will be able to get up rocks. It also prevents you from auto-losing to Fighting-types such as Terrakion and Breloom. Recover is mandatory, and Knock Off is generally annoying. Mandibuzz is also a physical wall, countering Pokemon such as Landorus-T, Heracross, and Hawlucha. It can Toxic stall opposing threats, but make sure you don't Poison Pokemon you want to Burn. Brave Bird is the last move to hit the Fighting types it counters, Roost is obligatory recovery for a wall, and Defog assists the team by removing hazards. Tyranitar is very important, as it is your Rocker. It is a great help against Fire, and can Pursuit trap Pokemon as well. Crunch and Stone Edge are strong STAB attacks. Sharpedo acts as a great cleaner against offensive teams. It should generally be brought in against a slower, weakened Pokemon to get Speed Boosts, then try and finish up with its STABs. Zen Headbutt is for Keldeo mainly, as you will almost always lose to it otherwise. Since this team lacks a Mega, you CAN run Sharpedonite over Life Orb on Sharpedo if you would like. Hydreigon is the sole special attacker of the team and is Scarfed to act as a revenge killer. Its STABs are obvious, and then Earth Power and Fire Blast hit threats such as Mega Diancie, Heatran, and Ferrothorn. Bisharp is the final member of the team, and is a generic set. It acts as a great wincon against slower teams, as after an SD, it can wreck with STAB Knock Off. Sucker Punch makes it not dead weight against offense, and Iron Head is another STAB.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

THREATS: Keldeo, and in particular the Scarf set, is very hard for this team to deal with. Rock Polish Mega Diancie also puts in work, 6-0ing you if it gets up that Rock Polish. Bug teams are also annoying, but can be played around. Keeping Sharpedo alive is key in this matchup, and same with Mandibuzz (who needs to wall Scizor/Mega Pinsir/Heracross). Tyranitar with Rocks and nailing stuff with Stone Edge also helps.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-241442654

Hope you like the team! Have fun trying it out n_n
Looked at the team and I have some suggestions

Sab: Set looks fine
Mandibuzz: Put 248 HP EVs so less rocks damage, change Toxic to Foul Play because you can't beat Roost SD Mega Scizor w/o it (and a ton of other things)
Tyranitar: Make its EVs Max HP + SpDef. Since it's your Rocker you want it to be bulky and you still 1-2HKO everything you want to KO w/o atk Evs. Change Pursuit to Fire Blast or EQ because everything on your team kills every Psychic out there and those two moves have more uses. No SpDef makes you much more Volcarona prone
Sharpedo: You have no mega so make that mega imo. Normal Pedo's frail and with with all of that damage from Sand and LO you're dying really quickly. Crunch hits a lot harder anyways
Hydreigon: Change Dark Pulse to Flash Cannon because you get 6-0ed by Altaria and Dark Pulse doesn't really hit anything important. (Earth Power can't 1HKO Diancie)
Bisharp: Set looks fine

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Gigglewithme, the importable with the changes Anttya suggested is below if you'd like to try them out (I'd recommend it, her suggestions are good :] )

Sableye @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Blast

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)