ORAS UU ORAS UU TEAM

I created this team a while ago, and while I think it's not bad, I think it could be better. Currently, I have a Crawdaunt, Aggron(Mega), Heliolisk, Tentacruel, Hydreigon and Conkeldurr, but any suggestions are available! The stats are:

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Crunch

I chose crawdaunt because of his super strenght, choice band + adptability can give any pokemon a very big damage if i put him free in front of a Blissey, for exemple. His role is to enter in front of a support pokemon and anyone who'll enter in front Crawdaunt will receive a tremendous damage. I like to use aqua jet to knock out mega beedrills and moxie krokodiles, since they're faster than most of my team. I used to have superpower, but after seeing that i couldn't do ANYTHING against mega blastoise, i decided to put crunch as a counter.

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Roar
- Earthquake

Now, that's what I call a tank pokemon against physical atacks, Aggron has tremendous def, and most pokemon with high ATK can't do much against him. I like to use roar agains cloysters or curselax, and i have thunder wave to help me against fast pokemon such as scarf Mienshao.

Heliolisk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Grass Knot

Well, if I have Crawdaunt and Conkeldurr with a lot of ATK stats, Heliolisk is has a HUGE Sp.Atk. To be honest, i used to have him life orb, but if I faced a Scarf Hydregon i'd have nothing besides conkeldurr to stop him. The Dragon Pulse is EXACTLY because of that, and the Grass Knot is to defend myself agains Swamperts. And, since I am scarf, I can enter in front of a dragon dance gyarados and he'll only be faster with 2 dragon dances.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpD / 17 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Scald

Since I have Aggron with good DEF, I have Tentacruel here with good Sp.Def. his function is only to be a spinner and a hazard set, and to enter in front of Choice Specs Sylveon and knock off his item(that's the reason I have 17 points in Spe, so I can outspeed Timid Sylveons). He also worsk A LOT well against Chandelure since any offensive atack i use will give him a lot of damage.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse

Hydreigon here is probrably one of the most important pokemons in this team, because if you didn't realise yet, he's my only ground Immunuty here. I can enter in front of Life Orb/Scarf Nidokings and Nidoqueens if they use Earth Power/Earthquake and just knock them out with Earth Power. I can also enter in front of forretress and hit him with 2 Dark Pulses. The Fire Blast is a defence against Chesnaught.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Finally, Conkeldurr. He is probrably my favourite pokemon in this team, he's a bulky sweeper that can learn a lot of atacks, and no one wants to enter in front of a Drain Punch from this monster. I like to put him in front of Pokemon that'll use something like Toxic/ Will'o Wisp. That's the reason I have guts. The Assult Vest I use as a counter to (surprisingly) fairies, since i'm sure i can resist a hit if i'm full health and just give them payback using Poison Jab.

I really think this team is good, but I KNOW there's a way it can be better. I just have to discover how. Thanks for the attention :D

Hey pedro,

I saw you were left out in terms of rates and thought I'd help you out a bit here. Sorry for my formatting, I'm on my phone.

Okay so first off, crawdaunt appreciates teammates that apply a lot of offensive pressure on the opposition and while most of your team manages to do that, aggron simply doesnt fit the bill here. So I'd like to start off with replacing m-aggron for shuca cobalion. What this does is, keeping your rocks/fairy resist (at least in conjunction with tenta) and an (one time) aero check, while providing more speed and pressure.

Seeing as that frees up a mega slot, I'd like to suggest running mega sceptile over heliolisk here, which would retain the bulky water type answer. Protect is to specifically deal with bounce gyarados which can be a pain to handle. Other than that, it provides much needed speed and helps daunt with cleaning up.

At this point you are still stupid weak to fighting types aswell as hydreigon, so I'd suggest running sylveon over your own hydreigon here. Basically keeps your opponent from mindlessly spamming dracos every time his dragon type comes in. Sylveon also adds a lot in terms of wallbreaking so you won't miss hydra too much.

Last thing I would change here is entei over conkeldurr. At this point conk is kinda redundant in what it does and the added speed controll helps with the somewhat slower pace the team currently has. The fire typing helps with breaking bulky water/steel types a lot and makes daunts job considerably easier. Also switches into fairies at least once/twice.

Last changes would be to daunt/tentas sets repectively: with these changes you can afford SD crawdaunt, as the team has enough wallbreaking power but still lacks a solid wincon. Tenta on the other hand would be more useful with a lot more speed here, as stuff like krookodile can be difficult to handle and speedy tentacruel lures them in.

Updated team:
http://hastebin.com/jojosijeri.diff

In know those are a lot of changes and the team would drastically change, I hope you still give it a go and peace out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)