Ability: Pressure
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 1 Atk / 30 Def
- Defog
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Discharge

So this is a team I made based around the actually pretty good Gyarados/Sceptile Core, using predominantly hyper-offense with a bulkier Zapdos spread because things are annoying. Anyways, it's pretty straightforward, just hammer things until they're low enough to get broken then set up with your chosen sweeper, or just hit things hard and repeatedly until you win. Since Gyarados/Sceptile gets shut down by stuff like Hone Claws MAero, Shuca Berry Cobalion is there to patch up that weakness and just be generally useful in shutting down some faeries that are trying to cause shenanigans. Mamoswine is the chosen Sneaky Pebbles setter, though I elected for Knock Off over Icicle Crash because Eviolite is an annoying thing that makes it harder to break things. Infernape is a good secondary source of STAB priority that hurts Dark Types and can force a load of switches to get Nasty Plot up, and can heavily dent unprepared mons. Zapdos was the defogger of choice to a) hammer bulky waters that exist and hate me and b) because the thing hits like a truck and das good.

Big weaknesses are Slurpuff, since there's no full stop to that thing outside getting lucky with a misplay, Whimsicott because Stun Spore shenanigans, and stuff like ScarfMence if you let Mamo go down, but the first two are threatening to almost all offense and ScarfMence is always dangerous.

Yeah, I'm done.

Last edited:

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 236 Atk / 32 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Gyro Ball
- Swords Dance

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Defog

Hey guys :] so I haven't really had any motivation to build as of late, so I'm hoping that sample teaming this will give me some new inspiration to build something new

The team was obviously built around Mega Houndoom, which is honestly completely underrated in the current meta, as it can have the power to 2HKO and outspeed a large majority of the tier. It's also kinda funny how many players don't expect Sucker Punch on it too, which can donk weakened threats or an unsuspecting Alakazam. But yeah, Houndoom is obviously the main wincon on this team with Nasty Plot. As for the supporting cast, I chose Roserade as one of the other offensive pieces, as it can switch into Water-types that usually threaten out Houndoom like Suicune or Blastoise. Next I went for the classic Doublade, Florges, and Swampert defensive backbone, which actually covers a pretty decent chunk of the tier's threats. Doublade and Swampert can cover Special Walls like Blissey and Snorlax pretty well, while also being able to take care of Mega Aerodactyl, which can pretty much stop Houndoom from having any sort of productivity. Florges is there to take on most special attackers, namely Hydreigon, which resists both of Houndoom's STABs. Lastly, I chose Salamence as Defog and Intimidate support, which is obviously useful to a lot of common balance builds. But yeah the main goal of this team is for Houndoom to clean late-game.

Some other options could be Hidden Power Fire/Ground + Technician on Roserade to catch the common Cobalions, Doublades, or Forretress on switch-in, but I think I already have enough Fire-type move users on this team so its really up to the user! Or I personally prefer using Leftovers on Salamence when it's being used as a Defogger (though it also misses out on some OHKO's due to its moves being weaker), but I changed it to Life Orb considering this is a Sample Team.

Hope you enjoy using this underrated threat and thanks for reading :toast:

Last edited:
Despite Alakazam being the most threatening mon in UU right now, nobody submitted a team featuring it. I also noticed that there is no hazards stack sample team. So I'm just going to submit this cool Alakazam spikes stack team I built for a french tournament !

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 84 Def / 172 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Encore

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Florges @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Synthesis

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

So the idea behind this team is to weaken the enemy team and lay down hazards, to the point where Alakazam can just come in, click moves and win. The team is featuring that classic Swampert - Florges - Forretress core as a defensive backbone. The sets are pretty standard, apart from Psychic Florges, which was needed here since I really struggled with Nidos, Crobat and Poison types in general. Next, I went for scarf Hydreigon because it helped catching faster threats while bringing a good set of resistances and immunities. Then, I added a Swords Dance Toxicroak because Water types were looking threatening as hell and I needed a secondary win condition that could also handle Snorlax and Florges. Knock Off is used because it hits Cress and Reuni more reliably, and also helps with Nidos. Lastly, we have Alakazam, our sweeper and revenge killer. The EV spread lets it survive many moves that would usually OHKO it from 100% HP, such as Doublade's Shadow Sneak, Entei's Extreme Speed, Aerodactyl's Pursuit/Aerial Ace, etc. Encore is an underrated 4th move on Zamer, letting it take advantage of setup sweepers to hit them for free or force them to switch, taking important residual damage in the process.

All in all, a solid and fun team !

Last edited:

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Curse
- Recover

Escavalier @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 204 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Knock Off / Swords Dance

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake
- Hone Claws

Florges @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Salamence @ Dragon Fang
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Defog

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash / Superpower
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

This is actually a pretty cool and effective team made around an underrated Pokemon in Gastrodon. I was sort of intrigued about it since it's a great Water and Electric check, and has enough bulk to check threats like Mega Aerodactyl and Nidoqueen, all the while having reliable recovery and being a cool defensive win condition with Curse. It does have a lot of flaws, however, which makes it need a lot of support in order to function correctly, but it's worth it in the end. Gastrodon needs a Grass check alongside it, so I decided to use one of the coolest mons in the current meta, Escavalier, as a Grass check and also as a nice Psychic check to the likes of Meloetta and Alakazam, and can Pursuit trap Mega Beedrill, which is sweet. The choice between Knock Off and Swords Dance is up to preference, I prefer Knock Off to take out Zapdos' Leftovers on the switchin, but SD is cool to break balance cores. The team right now was REALLY slow and wanted a good mon against offense that could clean up late-game, so I decided to go with good ol' Mega Aerodactyl, with Hone Claws over Pursuit since Escavalier already Pursuit trapped Alakazam and I wanted another win con. Gastrodon has a big weakness to Toxic, which stops a sweep and I wanted a good special wall that could check Electrics like Heliolisk better, so I went with Florges as a cleric and also as a good special wall to check the likes of offensive Electrics and threats like Hydreigon. WishPassing into Escavalier to keep him alive is nice as well. Now I wanted a hazard remover to remove Rocks for Mega Dactyl and Toxic Spikes for Gastrodon, and I also wanted another Fire and Fighting check, so I went with Defog Salamence, with Dragon Fang over LO because I wanted to keep him alive. He functions as a great hazard remover and as a good Fire and Fighting check, and as a sweet wallbreaker with Draco Meteor. For the last slot, I needed a Rocker, and I also sort of wanted a more offensive mon to keep up the offensive pressure on walls, and DD Mence was looking threatening since it commonly packs Iron Tail nowadays, so I went with Mamoswine as a nice wallbreaker and offensive Stealth Rocker, as well as a Mence check. Superpower's an option over Icicle Crash if you want to hit Snorlax harder, which can be important since Escavalier without SD is just set-up bait for CurseLax. Threats you wanna look out for are Slurpuff (Keep Escavalier alive for this, as it can take a +6 Drain Punch and kill Puff), Mamoswine as I have no switchin for it, so you have to play around it with offensive pressure, although if Gastrodon's set up a Curse before Mamo comes in, it can take a EQ sort of okayly and kill Mamo with Scald. CurseLax is also a problem if you're not packing SD on Escav or Superpower on Mamo, as if it's set up, you might as well press "x." Cobalion is an option over Mamoswine as a more reliable Rocker and as a check to Snorlax, but lacks the wallbreaking power, but it can run Shuca Berry to have a one-time switchin to Mamoswine. Overall, this team may seem a bit unorthodox at first, but I think it's a very cool balance team that showcases a very cool and underrated mon in Gastrodon and works pretty damn well in practice, and it's just a pretty solid team in the current meta, so I hope you all like it!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-353688384 A replay showcasing the team in action, and also showcasing how much pressure Gastrodon can put onto a team by checking a lot of threats, not the best replay due to Vaporeon and Scarf Espeon, but it does show off the team and how effective it can be.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-353680641 Another replay showcasing the team. Gastrodon isn't that effective in the battle here, but it shows off the other members of the team and how they can check and wear down opposing threats, such as Escavalier checking the Mega Glalie and Alakazam.

EDIT: Aquadext don't kill me with telling me why this team isn't good ;~;

Last edited:
Cash Baton Pass team, trust me it's very good and innovative. Warning: This is not my team, someone gave it to me a long long time ago, forgot his name but he was a cool guy.

+
+
+
+
+

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Magic Coat
- Roost
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Protect
- Shadow Ball

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Agility

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Azelf @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch

Wait so you use serene grace on toge but trace bites you in the back lol

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Dragon Tail
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Florges @ Leftovers
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Calm Mind
- Synthesis

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 184 HP / 72 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

Krookodile @ Dread Plate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Hi, after I was crucified I built this, played with it, was impressed by the results, but now I'm bored of it so I've decided to retire it for now. I started around a core of SD Lucario + Mega Sceptile with the basic idea of Mega Sceptile breaking down bulky-waters and overloading the similar checks it and Lucario shared to promote a sweep by it, as SD Lucario is a monster and it just breezes by a great deal of teams after it's checks are slightly weakened. Obviously needed hazards and since I wanted to entertain a more balanced build, I opted to include a form of hazard removal as well. So I added Krookodile as it's great for breaking down psychic-types, checking electrics, while taking care of things like Doublade and Nidoqueen. It's also my setter so I went with a Dread Plate variant since locking myself into Stealth Rock is pretty bad and offers tons of free turns when I need to reset them. At this point I had a huge weakness to fighting-types and lack of a fairy resist sucks so I went with Sky Plate Crobat since it's the best Crobat set imho. I went with mono-attacking since the great utility if offers was just too good to pass up, especially for this team since hazards, especially toxic spikes, wear down this team a ton. Brave Bird is really all it needs too since as long as it hits relatively hard and beat Grass-types it works for me. The lack of a dragon resist also sucks so I added CM Florges, courtesy of nv , since it's a great stallbreaker and wincondition for balanced builds while checking the likes of Hydreigon, Salamence, and a bevy of special attackers as well. Looking over the team I realized I didn't really have much for Cobalion, Mega Aerodactyl, Entei and I didn't have the mandatory water-type so Slowking came naturally, specifically the Dragon Tail variant since I had an unhealthy weakness to Suicune and other bulky CM users and it just rounded the team out very nicely. Overall basic balance build around Mega Sceptile and since I didn't see any I decided to share it, just waiting for my crucifixion.

Donphantastic

I'm Donny P. (W)
is a Tiering Contributor

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Defog
- Ice Beam

This team was made around the idea that if the opponent has no steel or fairy types, scarf salamence literally wins. Mega beedrill was chosen as the first partner for salamence because due to it's super strong U-turn, access to knock off, and high speed it does a great job of wearing down steel types such as empoleon, cobalion, and doublade. It also ohkos every fairy in the tier with poison jab, making mence's life that much easier. Beedrill does a great job of wearing down the opposing team but it does not do as good of a job when it comes to actually killing the steel types. Enter specs magneton. Magneton's ability to trap and kill forry/emp/weakened maggron as well as access to a strong volt switch, allow it to be an extremely efficient partner to both bee and mence. Between Beedrill's U-turn shenanigans and Magneton's strong thunderbolts and volt switches (as well as hp grass for tankpert) most bulky waters in the tier also get worn down very quickly. That combined with mence's awesome offensive presence causes most teams to lose their physical walls very fast. This is why I chose DD gyara as the next member of the team. With Sub+DD gyarados can set up weakened walls as they try to use recovery or status gyara, then proceed to either sweep or breakdown the opposing team some more for mence and bee.No offensive team is complete without stealth rock, and swampert seeed like a perfect fit. It's great bulk allows the team to have a good fallback when magneton locks itself into a resisted move. It also allows the team to have an actual fire resist, since the team as a whole would generally rather pert be burned over gyara. Roar also allows pert to help breakdown opposing stall teams, since it disrupts wish passing to weakened walls. For the final slot, something to get rid of opposing rocks was necessary since 3 out of the 6 mons take massive damage from rocks, and bee needs to be able to U-turn in order to be effective. Offensive shuca empoleon was decided for the role since it is a reliable defogger that also does not kill momentum as easily as mandibuzz or bulky zapdos. It also brings a much needed ice resist to the team, and the shuca berry prevents mamoswine from 6-0ing once pert gets weakened at all.

All in all I feel this team is very solid in the current meta, and stays true to its original idea of making scarfmence win.

I do not have many replays atm but will add if I remember to save any

Last edited:

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Earthquake

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Vacuum Wave

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Discharge

So this is a team I made based around the actually pretty good Gyarados/Sceptile Core, using predominantly hyper-offense with a bulkier Zapdos spread because things are annoying. Anyways, it's pretty straightforward, just hammer things until they're low enough to get broken then set up with your chosen sweeper, or just hit things hard and repeatedly until you win. Since Gyarados/Sceptile gets shut down by stuff like Hone Claws MAero, Shuca Berry Cobalion is there to patch up that weakness and just be generally useful in shutting down some faeries that are trying to cause shenanigans. Mamoswine is the chosen Sneaky Pebbles setter, though I elected for Knock Off over Icicle Crash because Eviolite is an annoying thing that makes it harder to break things. Infernape is a good secondary source of STAB priority that hurts Dark Types and can force a load of switches to get Nasty Plot up, and can heavily dent unprepared mons. Zapdos was the defogger of choice to a) hammer bulky waters that exist and hate me and b) because the thing hits like a truck and das good.

Big weaknesses are Slurpuff, since there's no full stop to that thing outside getting lucky with a misplay, Whimsicott because Stun Spore shenanigans, and stuff like ScarfMence if you let Mamo go down, but the first two are threatening to almost all offense and ScarfMence is always dangerous.

Yeah, I'm done.
quick note about this team: the Zapdos IVs are wrong :( use: IVs: 30 HP / 1 Atk / 30 Def for HP Ice. if you C/P this now, it will give you HP Dragon instead of Ice.

quick note about this team: the Zapdos IVs are wrong :( use: IVs: 30 HP / 1 Atk / 30 Def for HP Ice. if you C/P this now, it will give you HP Dragon instead of Ice.
Thank you for catching that, it used to be Heat Wave but I changed it last-minute and I guess I missed the IVs.

(click to see the importable)
Firstly, I decided to build a team around a very uncommon core: Aerodactyl-Mega + Crawdaunt + Whimsicott. And it works perfectly to defeat Stall and Setup 'mons. Aerodactyl-Mega has basically one role: Sweep the late game and defeat fast threats, I think that I doesn't need to do a large explanation about this member of the team, but, it is my main Grass-Type killer, a type that can really annoy a team with Water Spam. Crawdaunt is a huge Wallbreaker, Focus Sash + Swords Dance allows Crawdaunt to wallbreak with ease, or revenge kill (lol). Have 3 STAB Moves with Adaptability is pretty cool to this team, by the way, this team doesn't lacks priority moves, but a +2 Adaptability Aqua Jet is always welcome. Whimsicott makes the team work, Encore allows Aerodactyl and Crawdaunt sweep/setup with ease in some situations. Whimsicott is my main Draco Meteor Switch, as Empoleon can't resist it at all, and it is the only team member that has a Fairy-Type move. Mamoswine is the secondary priority user, the secondary Grass-Type killer and the Stealth Rock user, and it has a very useful wallbreaking capability, Earthquake + Icicle Crash can kick-off some threats to the team, like Zapdos, Nidoqueen and foes Empoleon. I don't use Knock Off on it because Crawdaunt has Knock Off already, but if you want to use it, you are free to do it. Empoleon can remove hazards to Aerodactyl-Mega, Crawdaunt and Venomoth. Hydro Pump, Grass Knot and Ice Beam are powerful moves that can be used to cover all the team's weaknesses, like Dragons, Swampert and Aerodactyl-Mega. Last but not least: Venomoth! Venomoth is a dangerous Pokémon, if you let this thing setup one or two Quiver Dances, click x. Anyway, it is another Grass-Type Killer, and it has a good ability to Stallbreak, Sleep Powder is a useful move to the entire team, by the way, who dislikes Sleep? I don't tried to use the SubDisable Set, but you're free to try it out! About the team's weaknesses, a offense team hasn't safe switches to everything, so i'm weak to Entei, Mamoswine and other things, but I can revenge kill'em with ease, but the biggest threat to this team is the common Cobalion, nothing can enter without be OHKOed by the SD Set, but I can play around it.

Edit: Forgot to show the peak, sorry.

Last edited:
Posting for Aquadext's sake and because I just made this team and it seems like just the thing you put in the sample team thread. Fairly standard Aerolyn-esque* balance/semi-stall squad with spdef celebi as glue-mon and rocker.

It's fairly weak to guts conkeldurr so you probably want to speed creep florges a bit, and specs slyveon dents the shit out of this team as it does most teams. Changing forry to a more spdef set is a good remedy to this but then suicune has to take on a lot more during games.

CM Florg and Taunt Tox Mandibuzz really threaten a lot of fatter teams together, while forry adds spikes to help wear down their checks and spin to help keep opposing spikes/sr off the field. Celebi adds stealth rock to help wear down opposing bees, and also because it is the best move in the game. Roartalk suicune gives a super reliable fire resist, as well as keeping most offensive waters at bay until they can be worn down by the rest of the team. It's also fucking rock solid against entei who can otherwise be a real pain in the arse. Aero gives me another much needed fire resist as well as punishing zams and offensive teams.

Baton pass on celebi and volt switch on forre help prevent the two most passive members of my team from sucking momentum away from me, while the other members of my team either have some reliable way to stop set up (taunt, roar) or actively threaten to sweep (florg, aero).

*By Aerolyn-esque I mean I took 4/6 mons from it because of how well it works haha

Homer (Florges) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Symbiosis
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
Is (Mandibuzz) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 216 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Roost
Dead (Forretress) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
And We (Aerodactyl) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit
- Roost
Killed (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Roar
- Sleep Talk
Him (Celebi) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
- Giga Drain

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Naive Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roar

Virizion @ Yache Berry
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Crobat @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Cross Poison
- Pursuit

Run some creep on Sylveon and Empoleon
Sylveon balance is something I've wanted to build since it had a chance of dropping. I came up with the initial core of bulky Sylveon plus Houndoom and went from there. It turned out really well (after a few revisions) and I thought I'd share it since people are trying to find teams that deal well with he new meta. I hope you enjoy.

Monstrum Luna Umbrum

Sylveon is rocking the bold max defense spread that mimics the florges wish pass set. It is my main answer to fighting types and provides support through wish and heal bell. Surprisingly enough, Sylveon takes on a lot of pokemon one on one with its extra physical bulk. Pokemon like Gyarados and Mega Aerodactyl are not as threatening as they would be if I was using Florges. Wish passing and the heal bell support works great with the other pokemon on this team. Empoleon and Swampert are both walls that lack reliable recovery that appreciate the health. My set up sweepers are bound to be taking damage from hazards and status moves, so Sylveon synergies with those as well.

Mega Houndoom and Virizion are my set up sweepers. Both are used to take out the very popular steel types right now. Houndoom is more aggressive and will usually be the one sweeping late game. Virizion is very important with taking on bulky water types that are very annoying vs this team. It's health is very important vs some match ups. This is a pokemon that you cannot play recklessly with this team. Conserve it and only use it when needed. Houndoom is more offensive but works great as a switch into Celebi and Chandelure. It gets a lot of surprise sweeps with the sucker punch in the back to hit those weakened faster pokemon. Sucker punch also allows Houndoom to get the mega up easier vs the right pokemon.

Empoleon and Swampert are by dual Scald and Roar core. Roar is on empoleon for florges. Roar is on Swampert for eq Gyarados. It seems like a waste of move slot, but it is probably the best thing to put in that slot on both pokemon. Empoleon is the special wall with defog. It serves as a nice flying resist as I see a few more Crobats around and I expect to see more in the future. Works great in this Sylveon meta because people are just spamming specs Sylv. You get in and do what ever. This still is a really shaky answer for Sylv. If you switch in on the Hyper Voice you can win, but you basically lose your Empoleon. Swampert is on this team because I needed a ground type that could switch into Mega Aero. Mamoswine is a huge threat, so this frees up a little bit of breathing room vs that.

Crobat is my finisher. At this point, it is technically a Sylveon counter. Crobat works as a nice momentum grabber and its offensive presence is scary for my opponents. It does spam BB so Crobat's health is hard to keep up. Wish support helps some. The speed is also very nice. I chose Crobat as my last because it is immune to ground attacks and counters florges. Another fighting resist isn't too bad either with mineshao and conkeldurr running poison jab and Toxicroak.

Bad time vs:
Bulky Waters + Status removal... You have to play Virizion very well to win these match ups, or you have to flinch with Mega Houndoom. This is a pretty common match up, but its definitely possible to beat it. Set up hazards and pressure correctly and you should be fine.
Stall... Same thing, play Virizion or Houndoom well and you should be good.

Possible Changes:
Roar to Knock Off and Leftovers to Shuca: Probably is something to consider. You have crobat for the fairies that set up, but that gets widdled pretty easily. Shuca is an option for Mamo and everything else. I really like leftovers vs the Chandlure and pretty much anything else.

Yache Berry to Lum Berry and Stone Edge to X-Scissor: Virizion is the scald switch, so it would love not to be burned. Lum Berry is a better item in that sense. X-Scissor is to kill all those nasty Celebis running around without having to play the mind games. Its nice right now but probably not something that should stick on Virizion.

Pursuit to Tailwind: Pursuit is cute and is probably more useful than tailwind. You can put what ever in the last move slot. Crobat does not have any better moves.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
ScarfShao SpikeStack Balance

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Roserade @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Ability: Solar Power
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sucker Punch

Florges @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Salamence @ Dragon Fang / Life Orb
Timid / Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Defog / Iron Tail
- Roost

This is a really nice team that while it was made before the recent tier shifts, is still pretty decent. Basically I made it around Choice Scarf Mienshao + Spikes Roserade as ScarfShao provides a nice late-game cleaner with a lot of power that enjoys it's checks being worn down by Spikes, and Roserade also checks bulky Water-types and Fairy-types and can immobolize something with Sleep Powder as well, which is quite useful. Swampert is used to check Fire-types and other physical attackers, set up Stealth Rock, and rack up damage with Roar or spread Scald burns. Mega Houndoom gives some more offensive presence to the team by adding another win condition and a way to get rid of Alakazam with Sucker Punch, while also checking other Psychic-types and some Grass-types. While I do love Sylveon, I personally prefer Florges on this team because it helps check stuff like Electric-types better than Sylveon, and still checks stuff like Hydreigon well, and Wish Passes to Roserade and Swampert, which is useful. However, Sylveon is still a fine alternative if you want more offensive presence and physical bulk. Salamence ends off the team by adding another Fire and Fighting check and adding Defog so the team isn't ravaged by well-played hazard stack, but Iron Tail with LO is not bad at all especially since Sylveon is so common. It also helps break down some walls with his powerful Draco Meteors, which helps MegaDoom and ScarfShao. Overall, this is a pretty fun and effective team that's pretty simple to use, and if played right can lead to easy sweeps with ScarfShao or MegaDoom.

OK so I had to archive every single sample team because they do not fit the new meta. The thread is empty now.

Please post teams, good teams (i.e. that don't get blown up by sylv).

I am thinking in particular of our esteemed UUPL players. Come submit your post-drops teams, contribute to our community and get free likes.

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This is a bulky offense that I've been having a fair bit of success yet. It's built around Specs Kyurem, which is pretty brutal at the moment, matching up well against Celebi and taking advantage of people foregoing Florges for the easier-to-break Sylveon. Basically, get T-Spikes down, wallbreak with Kyurem, and sweep with Reuniclus or MegaPert. Conkeldurr comes in as a useful pivot that can take on bulky Waters in general and Milotic in particular (important, because Milotic is a dick to this team otherwise), while also giving me an offensive switchin to Hydreigon and a way of clearing out Sableye for Reuniclus.

Here's the team taking on FLCL's CelePass offense: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-uu-161239
Versus random stall on the ladder: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-375177763

Last edited:
esteemed uupl watcher here with a team that was originally going to be balanced until 1 by 1 I replaced all the offense with fat mons and it turned into a cute little stall team.

So it was originally built around blissey/gyarados, a core that I've really liked using in the past with defensive gyara providing a really good switch-in to all of the tiers fighting and fire types that try and nuke blissey, while bliss takes on most of the tier's special offense. Gyarados also appreciates either heal bell or wish support which blissey can provide, while providing the team with intimidate to help against some of the physical threats it can't deal with alone. Gyara struggles to handle all the offensive water types in the tier by itself though, so I decided to add on chesnaught. I chose chesnaught instead of tangrowth (which I normally prefer) because of its ability to set spikes and the fact that it deals with bounce gyarados better with spiky shield.

At this point I still needed another fire check, a sableye check, a way to deal with aero, hazard removal, and a way to deal with all of the miscellaneous bulky set up mons that fill the tier - as always when you're building a team like this you're thinking of reun and snorlax first and foremost, then cress and subcm chandy. Diancie adds a super solid entei check (the main fire type anyone ever thinks of) as well as freeing up the heal bell and sr slots from blissey, letting it run wish+tect to keep the team healthy. It also does a decent job of dealing with sableye although that is still a bit of a weakness for the team. Jellicent handily beats lax/reun/cress, as well as taking care of np focus blast luke, which was one of the few special attackers that could get through blissey's bulk. Then I added forretress for its hazard removal and ability to cold stop aero and slurpuff, as well as tspikes - these really shore up a lot of shaky matchups the team has against stuff like sd celebi or subcm chandelure.

Importable: http://pastebin.com/vzNMDJBr

Here's a cool BO team I have built last week. Want a proof of its viability ? xMarth managed to win his latest UUPL match with this team !

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 248 Def / 24 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

Gardevoir @ Choice Specs
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind / Focus Blast
- Trick

Snorlax @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Facade

Crobat @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

The team is fairly easy to use: pivot, hit hard with your wallbreakers and make good trades until you can sweep the late game with one of your sweepers. Sceptile is the fast, hard-hitter and necessary water answer. Swampert is the glue of the team. It brings rocks and electric immunity while being hard Entei and Aero check among other things. Cobalion is the dedicated sweeper, hard Snorlax check, soft Hydreigon and fairy check. It also serves as secondary Mega Aero and Mega Beedrill check. Gardevoir is our special wallbreaker, hitting things really hard and crippling annoying mons with Trick. It is used over Sylveon here because, even if it doesn't hit as hard, its superior speed tier can be useful and it isn't completely walled by Blissey. A pure fairy type is not needed here to check Hydreigon since we have Cobalion and Snorlax. Snorlax is our physical wallbreaker and special attack sponge. The band set is a great lure, hitting switch-ins much harder than they thought Snorlax would. As the last mon, Crobat brings hazard control, resists to fighting type, fairy type and ground type while threatening frail foes with powerful BBs.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
http://pastebin.com/8Jzn4gZq

Physically Defensive Arcanine / Haze Specially Defensive Xatu / Physical Defense Forretress / Aromatherapy Blissey / Specially Defensive Rest Talk Mega Swampert / Physically Defensive Dual STAB Chesnaught

No sprites so that will do I hope^^

This is a decent stall team; one of the ones I like to ladder with.

Basically it is a typical stall team that does very well in the current metagame in terms of beating most threats. As for the drops, Celebi is countered by Xatu very well, Conkeldurr is countered by Arcanine and Sylveon is countered by Blissey. Even top stall breaking threats such as SD Heracross struggle to break the team because I have kept them in mind, so I can use for instance Arcanine to win. Xatu and Forretress do a good job of keeping hazards off my field off both spectrums, one is physically defensive one is specially. Xatu also gives me a pretty big edge over most opposing stall teams.

One of the biggest surprises about the team is the lack of Wish support. But everything has some form of recovery so I don't see it as necessary. Pain Split on Forretress keeps this weakness in mind but even having one Pokemon without recovery isn't unmanageable in my experience in NU. Chesnaught doesn't have space for Spikes in my opinion since I am rather weak to Cobalion and Lucario so I feel Drain Punch is needed. Haze on Xatu helps against not just Celebi but also Suicune, Snorlax, Reuniclus and many other Pokemon.

This team is good because it can respond to every single threat in the VR thread and counter everything in S and A ranks, although sometimes not knowing what the sets are can hurt you (such as against Infernape). Also it has key utility moves such as SR and pretty strong hazards control through Xatu and Foretress.

Weaknesses to this team include Pursuit as it has a rather large reliance on Xatu because Forretress is a pretty bad spinner, also targets Blissey. BU Conkeldurr is extremely dangerous and has to be haxed probably. Certain Baton Pass users are extremely deadly if they pass to the right Pokemon, such as Absol Baton Passing to Entei. Hoopa is not surprisingly a big threat and can pretty easily win depending on the set. Toxic Spikes and hazards in general if Xatu cannot stop them for whatever reason really weaken my team badly.

Small changes to the team you could make include:
  • running a hazard or Toxic or Earthquake over Pain Split on Forretress in order to be overall more dangerous but less reliable
  • running Flamethrower on Arcanine (and probably nature change) to beat Conkeldurr better, specifically BU sets
  • running Roar on Arcanine because its a good move in general, for Conkeldurr to. This is particularly as Zam might be leaving so Extremespeed has one less target
  • running Wish on Blissey over Toxic, and possibly then Protect over Softboiled. It could make you weaker to stuff like NP Doom though
  • running Curse on Swampert over Sleep Talk which helps beat Reuniclus even more reliably and has a nice "win con" at the expense of being much worse against Sub CM Chandelure
  • running Spikes on Chesnaught over Drain Punch at the expense of being weaker to Cobalion and Lucario. Also Drain Punch is a good option vs Crawdaunt and Sharpedo so you don't take large recoil, and actually heal instead
Like all my teams its a WIP so tell me if you think it can be improved or if there are glaring weaknesses I seem to have missed.

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi.

http://pastebin.com/kdP45t9X

Aquadext pesters me every now and then to drop something so here's something. The team was basically built for UUPL a couple weeks back but my team never used it so I just ended up editting it for a bit and have been liking it this meta since it's just pretty fun. Basically built around SpecsDreigon and some other strong stuff that's semi slow + 2 paraspreaders. I believe this classifies as BO but w/e it's some kind of offense and fuck definitions. SpecsDreigon w/ Flash Cannon p much smacks anything that isn't a Blissey and U-turn from non-Scarf can bluff decently for a while. Doublade was added in since the DouDrei core just fills a lot of the defensive utility I may need and SClaw was used to ensure bulky Psychic-types weren't too big of a pain, as well as opposing Doublade. Then put in Toxicroak because I hate bulky Water-types and having priority was nice, also a Fighting-type really helped with those bulky Normal-type Pokemon. I then wanted a good offensive SR setter that was decently tanky and provided a strong Fire res so I went with MegaPert, which could also pressure opposing hazard setters and hazard removers decently. Overall didn't want to go through the hassle of needing entry hazard removal so I went ahead and smacked on a Cresselia since it just blanket checks a lot and doesn't care about any hazards really + the TWave utility worked really well in tandem with the slow wallbreakers I had, and Lunar Dance support makes me less worried about needing entry hazard removal and the overall lack of sustain on the team. Lastly I wanted a Draco switch-in that could provide momentum and Whimsicott came to mind, with Stun Spore being there so I could have more paralysis to aid the rest of the team.

Anyways overall you can edit this whole thing a lot so everything is more or less up in the air. For example could probably have Mence + Mamo over Swampert + Cress so your Entei answer's a lot more solid and pack in hazard removal and trade TWave for more prio. Could also have bulkier Whimsicott, Sacred Sword Doublade, etc. hf.

Edit: Team's more or less weak to some shit but ehh not much can rly be done, fcking ORAS

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Salamence @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Defog

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Return

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Flash Cannon
- Grass Knot

Hi, so this is a goon offense I made around Mega Houndoom + Toxicroak and since there aren't any in the archive anymore I though I could share this one. So as I said before it's around the simple core of Mega Houndoom + Toxicroak, a tried and true core that's still very effective to this day. First, I added Defog Salamence since Houndoom was weak to hazards and they both were weak to Ground so implementing an immunity early would be great. It also checks Entei, so that's gucci. Empleon was added as the Rocker and a lure of sorts to net a KO on Ground-types looking for a free kill. Scald > Hydro Pump since the damage different isn't all that huge when it comes to accomplishing what I want it to do and I hate missing so there's that. Grass Knot is useful so I can weaken most Water-types and not rely to heavily on Toxicroak, plus it gets rid of Mega Swampert. I'm using Flash Cannon so I'm not dancing around Sylveon with it. Slurpuff was added since it's fun to use, fit the team extremely well, cleans up late-game, is a Draco immunity, and takes advantage of choice-locked Hydreigons and specially offensive Salamences. Overall it's an addition that I have yet to look back on. Finally I pretty much just threw on Cresselia since it glues the team together very well and offers excellent support for such an offensive team in Thunder Wave + Lunar Dance. Overall this is one of my favorite offensive teams and has a bit of room for making it your own if you like the idea of using Slurpuff. It's obviously got some weaknesses since it's impossible to cover every weakness in this metagame, but you should watch out for SD Celebi + Mega Sharpedo since Toxicroak is your best check to the latter. If you let Celebi pass a boost to it, it'd be best to click X. That strategy is kinda gimmicky though and not exactly easy to do with all the pressure on Celebi with this team, just be careful. Sableye is annoying too.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 232 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Beam

Salamence @ Dragon Fang
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Defog

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Stun Spore

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Hello, this is an offensive team I've been having a fair amount of success with recently, getting me reqs and a win in UUPL. The team is based around Pivot Coba + Daunt which is a cool core that has Coba VS on its usual switch ins such as Slowking/Tenta/Doublade and then bring in Daunt safely which deals with a majority if Coba's switch ins pretty reliably and helps break down fatter teams. Next an offensive Defog Mence was put in to help with fighting types, that beat the original core and also to provide hazard support for the rest of the team, beating fire types is a big plus since Crawdaunt can't switch in reliably because of its piss poor defenses. Next I wanted another breaker and what better breaker than to use than the most broken mon in the tier: Mamoswine. And since I'm not creative at all Whimsicott and Doublade are my last 2, Whim obviously to help with Dragons, mainly Hydreigon, as well as Grass Types like the ever popular Swampert. Doublade is my 'fairy switch' and win con as well as a Snorlax/Coba counter. The way games have been playing out are usually just punching holes in opposing teams and then sweeping late game with Doublade. So yeah that's the team, can't go wrong with Para + Heavy hitters. :toast:

Things to note: This is obviously not a perfect team, there are weaknesses. HP Ice Ape is very annoying to deal since the usual 'counter' is taken out and everything else on my team takes a huge hit from it. So keeping Daunt out of VW range or wearing it down with LO and priority until Whim can pick it off is usually how its dealt with. Sylveon as well is a huge problem since my fairy resist is a doublade which is 2hkod by specs. Usually when I see Sylveon on an offensive team I lead Cobalion to force it out so it can't just get a kill right off the bat.

Donphantastic

I'm Donny P. (W)
is a Tiering Contributor

This is a cool offense team I made when laddering for my reqs in the zam suspect. It uses the krook+sylv core and adds an NP celebi for added fat team killing. Blastoise is there to spin because the entire team is grounded, and still hits dumb hard. Metagross is the obligatory rocker and sylveon resist as well as helping out in checking offensive threats like Mega aero. Infernape is the fastest viable scarfer in UU and it helps check a myriad of other offensive threats, letting the team not lose to other offensive builds. For a more in depth explanation check out:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/shout-u-turn-and-yell-peaked-s-3-and-5.3574832/

Durant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Hone Claws

Cresselia @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Lunar Dance
- Thunder Wave
- Moonlight

Salamence @ Draco Plate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Defog
- Roost

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- U-turn
- Encore

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

This is a cool bulky offense team I made for UUPL which I didn't win but overall a great team to use for ladder or tours. The idea is using Mega Swampert to lay rocks and break stuff early game, keep pressuring opponent with other members, healing wish someone mid-to-late game, and then sweep with Durant or Toxicroak. Cresselia acts as a blanket check for the entire meta and emergency Yellow Magic user case things get out of trouble, Salamence checks fire types namely Entei and relief pressure from Cresselia, while most of other weakness are covered by members via bulk, typing and abilities alone. Toxicroak and bulky Mega Swampert forms a great core, altho they have problems with grass types like Celebi. For those, here comes Durant. It is typing let it take at least one strong resisted hit like Specs Seed Flare or Specs Hyper Voice, and setup or retaliate back. Hustle can be a pain sometimes but Hone Claw is there to help with accuracy. Hope you guys enjoy it n_n

This is a Linda Balance that I built around Taunt Aerodactyl-Mega, it looks like garbage, but it does a lot of useful things aside of cleaning the late game, just like Taunting a Swampert when you are sure that it will SR (risky), Taunt a Gligar, Taunt an Arcanine, Taunt non-Ice Beam Cresselia, Taunt CM Florges and other Defensive Threats. Florges can heal every Pokémon on this team since it has Heal Bell, it is a nice win condition and a Dragon-Resist too. Swampert setups Stealth Rock and is a huge Physical Wall that can tank Attacks that come from Entei, Aerodactyl-Mega and Beedrill-Mega, aside of it's good phazing potential. Tentacruel can Spin-off hazards, use Toxic Spikes to pressure Fat builds and wall Fighting-Types, just like Cobalion and NP Infernape. I choose this crazy spread because it is 4HKOed by Sylveon (Instead of 3HKOed) and can still phaze Infernape and Cobalion with Haze if I'm wuthout Fletchinder. Celebi is one fucking awesome Pokémon actually, since it can not only sweep after one Nasty Plot, it is a very good Scald Switch-In, it counters Cune and wins 1v1 most of Defensive Steel-Types thanks to Recover. I choose Fletchinder because the team was very weak to SD Drill Run Escavalier, but it's addition gave me a secondary Win Condition and a very good Late Game Sweeper. The key of this team is keeping both Linda and Aerodactyl-Mega healthy, with the support of it's teammates they can sweep the mid and late game, not to mention that if your opponent has hasn't a Flying Resist, he is smashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)