Project ORAS Rarely Used Teambuilding Competition V5 [Week 31 -Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Took over this diamond from DKFirelord

approved by Spirit

Hello and welcome to the fifth edition of the Rarelyused Teambuilding Competition! The goal of this project is to observe and better understand how experienced RU players (hue) go about building their teams around a particular core. It's also a great way to improve and refine your own teambuilding skills, or just simply learn how others do it! Anyone is free to participate and I encourage as much discussion as possible; however, I'd like to point out that you do not have to post a team to contribute to this thread. Feedback is allowed and actually preferred in this thread, so if you have comments or concerns about someone's team, don't be afraid to post it! The process is as follows:

Each round, I will choose a core of two Pokemon (or only one Pokemon sometimes). It is then up to you to build a team around it, designing sets, teammates, roles, and everything in between. Identifying weaknesses, strategies, and so forth are key parts of teambuilding and I'm quite interested to see how that carries through in this thread. I also hope to emphasize a lot of creativity with this as well—new gems and underrated Pokemon and cores are popping up all the time, and hopefully this thread can bring about a lot of new discoveries about the metagame! After the submission period is over (which will be after a week) I will announce the voting period, where you will get a couple of days to vote on what you think is the best team. By the end of the voting period, the votes will be tallied and team with the most votes will be archived in the Hall of Fame I will be posting below, and the process will start again with a new core.

Some rules I'm expecting people to follow:
  • Make the post presentable. Fancy cute sprites are encouraged so long as they aren't as wide as Kim Kardashian's ass.
  • Make sure you have a paragraph describing how your team functions and how it supports the core. If I wanted to look at a pastebin of some mediocre team, I would go to the RMT forum and hunt for the locked threads made by users with such pristine names like Pikachu77.
  • Don't insult users if their teams aren't up to standard, feel free to question why people are running certain things or suggest changes that will make the team better. In fact, I highly encourage discussion but don't be rude about it. Basically, just don't be a jackass.
  • Use hide tags when posting your team. Don't be that douchebag that makes everyone scroll down for an extra 5 seconds. No one likes that, and they won't like you afterwards.
  • Be creative! While there'll be no restrictions this time around, try to explore uncommon Pokemon if circumstances allow it. Channel your inner hipster.
  • You are allowed to edit your teams with testing and / or feedback from other people (i.e. you realize it sucks or gets 6-0ed by something), however be sure to make note of these edits in the original post. Once the voting period begins however, you cannot edit your teams anymore.
  • You might get a badge if you keep doing this shit (badge whores, take note)
This week Pokemon is:

Aggron​

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Jesi RU Teambuilders
Week 1: (OUTDATED)
Core:
Exeggutor
Winner: Kableye

So after messing with Exeggutor for a few hours, I managed to build this team. I'll admit when I first built I though Exeggutor was trash, but soon realized it does its job ok as a wall breaker, I'm still not a fan of the speed tier or the typing but whatever. I've wanted to build a team with offensive Accelgor forever, thus I decided to use this as the opportunity by partnering it with Exeggutor to break steels. Next I added Rhyperior to serve as a rocker and a flying resist as the team with Toad was 6-0'd by Fletchinder literally every time I fought it. With two stealth rock weaknesses and a lack of a true fighting switch in (Exeggutor's speed tier meant pokemon like Hitmonlee could just High Jump Kick and Knock off next turn, Togetic was added. Durant was added to the team as a Glalie and Houndoom check. Orginally I had Drapion over Houndoom, but Delphox became a massive problem with these five Pokemon,especially Choice Scarf Delphox, so I added Pursuit Houndoom.
Now specifics on some of the sets: Exeggutor has extra speed to creep Jellicent. Houndoom has enough attack to OHKO Delphox and the rest is dumped in special attack. It definitely was fun to test this team, lost 2 games one because I rage quitted after this guy got lucky af and the other was against MainEvent because I choked horribly. FUCK THE FROG SQUAD.

Exeggutor @ Choice Specs
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder

Durant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Hone Claws

Houndoom @ Black Glasses
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 180 HP / 16 Atk / 248 SpD / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Accelgor @ Life Orb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam

Week 2: (OUTDATED)
Core:
Samurott
Winner: -kal-

Actually, I made this team a while back when I wanted to use a Virizion + Durant core on my team. I noticed that the duo had a common weakness to Fire-types and I decided to add Samurott in the team to function as a wallbreaker and a Fire resist. Uxie was added as I needed a Stealth Rock setter that was able to check Fighting-types at the same time. Uxie forms a great balanced core with Samurott as it can spread paralysis and generate momentum with U-Turn which Samurott needs. Jolteon functions as a soft bird check as I saw that Uxie was heavily pressured into walling too many physical attackers. I also had Wish on Jolteon so that it can act as a pseudo-cleric for my team as well as replenishing itself. I decided to add Houndoom in the last slot as my team was very annoyed towards Amoonguss and I wanted another way to beat Stall while revenge killing Delphox and Meloetta. The team is weak to Spike stacking offensive teams and maybe Jolly Scarfed Flygon but the offensive pressure that this team has should somewhat mitigate that problem as most of the time they can only put one layer of hazards and you can run Jolly on Durant or predict with Jolteon. Maybe there are other weaknesses but im too lazy to point them out.

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Superpower

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Taunt

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Wish
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Houndoom @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch

Week 3:
Core:
Sneasel
Winner: 49

cute little ho brew i thought would be neat to stir up. the primary offensive battery being worked off here is that of pursuit sneasel / scarf emboar / fat cm sigilyph, which i consider to be rather cool at this time, covering not only many of the current 'flavours of the month', such as fight spam, specs growth, and annoying fatmon pairings i'd just rather not have to deal w/altogether. running a proficient scald absorber such as sigilyph also allows this to go a little more balls-to-the-wall offensively than a lot of teams, which might otherwise opt for something a little more draining momentum-wise, such as specsgrowth. of course, in running psychic / fire sigilyph and utilizing a rather grounded build, i sought to incorporate dugtrio as a means to restrict tspikes users and isolate doomers, which this team obviously retains checks for, but i dislike having to play pursuit games with them. this also established an excuse to utilize memento support, which comes of reasonable benefit to sigilyph. seeking to further capitalize on the current strengths this team retains, i incorporated a 'mon i think deserves some more use, being otr cofagrigus; this further reinforced the team's handle on fighters, while providing a solid win condition and forme of speed control as to accommodate the teams lack of proficient, offense cleaning scarfer. this build has some moderate issues with certain, levitating electrics, and can lose to chople scrafty if you lend too much to it in terms of free turns, but otherwise this is a team i am rather satisfied with. hope u enjoy ;]

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Endeavor
- Head Smash

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 200 HP / 4 Def / 52 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psychic
- Heat Wave

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Head Smash

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 236 Atk / 20 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Memento
- Sucker Punch

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 188 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Week 4: (OUTDATED)
Core:
Dragon Spam
Winner: Slurmz

I began with the selected core, and I selected Banded Tyrantrum and LO Flygon due to their excellent offensive synergy and flygon being able to U-turn for free switches into banded Tyrant.I then then realized I wanted something able to lure in M-Lix, handle fairy types, check M-Glalie and Sneasel, and was overall a good fit. I selected Durant.I now needed hazards, I also seeked another check to M-Glalie, Sneasel, and Fairy Types. I chose M-Glalie to pressure these mons and set up Spikes.I now needed a mon to set up Stealth Rock, I also needed a fighting resist. I chose mesprit to gain this and also have access to Healing Wish to heal up weakened mons!At this point, the overall team structure is complete, however, I would like hazard removal, futhermore, I would like checks to Jellicent, Meloetta, Emboar is hard to switch into, and Sigilyph is a nuisance as well. While this choice may seem odd, I chose Hitmonlee to sorta lure in these things and hit them very hard with either HJK or Knock Off. It also is able to Spin away hazards set on my side.

tYrAnNy (Tyrantrum) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earthquake

fReEdOm (Flygon) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Tailwind

dArk AgEs (Durant) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- X-Scissor

gLaDiAtOr (Glalie) @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Double-Edge
- Super Fang
- Earthquake

dEmOcRaCy (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Steath Rock
- Healing Wish

cOlD wAr (Hitmonlee) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Week 5: (OUTDATED)
Core:
Fire Water Grass
Winner: -kal-

A pretty fun semi-stall team that I made quite some time ago. I decided to use mixed defensive Quagsire because I feel its pretty good atm, being able to take on the likes of Venomoth, Scrafty, and Mega Steelix. I like Curse on it because it allowed me to capitalize on weaker setup sweepers Emboar was added as it worked pretty well with Quagsire as it pressures Grass-types a lot and also deals with HP Grass doom. After noticing a glaring Meloetta weakness (Quagsire is quite shaky against Sub+CM Meloetta cuz of drops and stuff), I decided to put in Mega Lix to check it and also another way to deal with Venomoth as Quagsire may get pressured to wall too many Pokemons. I decided on Togetic next as my team was annoyed by Fighting-types in general and i also needed Defog support as Quagsire cannot reliably take on certain mons if there are too many hazards. Tangrowth was my next choice as my team was pressured by Alomomola and Jellicent and Rotom-C and I needed a way to beat them. Tamgrowth also served as a pivot to pressure bulky Waters which can ease Emboar to clean up late-game and helps Quagsire set up too. Seeing as how my team was kinda weak to Stone Edge Virizion, I decided to add Poison Jab to Tangrowth so that I can beat it one-on-one. Lastly, Audino served as a glue to my team. Being a pivot and a cleric, Audino was definitely something that my team needs after seeing a lack of a way to replenish Steelix and Emboar to a lesser extent. Basically, Audino just pivots and passes a Wish to a teammate and sometimes Heal Bells and thats pretty much it. Having Audino and Togetic together on the same team also meant that I could run Toxic on Audino so that it has a better matchup against fatter teams. The Attack investment on Audino ensures that it always breaks Meloetta's Substitutes as even though Mega Steelix could handle it, it may get too pressured to do so which is why I wanted another way to deal with it. Probably not the best team cuz stall and semi-stall teams are currently not in the best of situations due to the popularity of many wallbreakers.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Curse

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Will-O-Wisp

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Togetic @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Bell

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Atk / 192 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Poison Jab

Audino @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Week 6: ( OUTDATED)
Core:
Venomoth

Basically this team focuses on destroying Venomoth's few counters with fire spam, spikes, trapping and mockery (get it cuz mime haha). Camerupt is able to set out rocks and break steel types like Steelix, while checking Pokemon like Emboar. Spdef ev's let it live a +2 Dark Pulse from doom, while giving it maximum power with a modest nature. Virizion breaks Jellicent, another "check" to Venomoth. Houndoom helps in trapping Scarf Delphox, another threat to Venomoth as well as Virizion. Qwilfish is able to set up spikes to support Venomoth as well as serve as my only way to stop rocks as personally I think every hazard remover in this tier is ass. Originally there was a Mesprit in the last slot, but I found scarf Mesprit extremely underwhelming, especially in revenge killing Scrafty so I added Mr. Mime, who has STAB Dazzling Gleam and a better chance to OHKO Scrafty and Focus Blast. Healing Wish helps a lot with Virizion and Venomoth late game. Seeing as Scrafty can't DD twice on anything on this team, I felt safe using it as my only revenge killer. Mr. Mime also does decent damage to mega lix with Focus Blast, further aiding for a late game moth sweep, while also serving as a late game cleaner itself.

Venomoth @ Life Orb
Ability: Tinted Lens
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Roost

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
EVs: 248 HP / 32 SpA / 140 SpD / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Soundproof
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

ban delphox (Houndoom) @ Life Orb
EVs: 108 Atk / 148 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Week 7: (OUTDATED)
Core:
Sigilyph and Fighting-Type
Winner: galbia

Ok Sash Sigilyph because im hip and i like having that as a safety net on teams that give a lot of leeway to Scrafty like this one and its always reliable and even works as a lure since they are at +1 and who is gonna switch at that point? Scrafty is a nice sweeper on bulkier teams so there is that. Scarf Durant is there to check stuff like Scarf Psychic types as well as fast mons in general.
Mola + Lix covers most stuff with Spiritomb as a secondary check to Psychic and Fighting-types

Sigilyph @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Heat Wave

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Toxic

Spiritomb @ Black Glasses
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak

Week 8: OUTDATED
Core:
Fletchinder
Winner: MrAldo

The same team I shared on team style analysis thread but with some changes that made it generally more consistent. Pretty standard Heavy Offense team that uses tailwind as a form of speed control if setup sweepers that boost its speed or powerful scarfers get out of hand. Fletchinder provides an amazing setup sweeper in this metagame, flying STAB is so good, provides tailwind whenever necessary, tailwind in general is pretty situational all in all but it has saved me plenty of times whenever I misplay (which is always) giving me a safety button if "x" mon that checks "y" mon is gone but will-o-wisp easily works still (albeit less fun).

The rest is fairly standard, sneasel is an amazing mon with a solid speed tier that can clean weakened teams outside of tailwind, hitmonlee and samurott are amazing wallbreakers that most of the tier cant switch into, sub calm mind meloetta use bunch of special attackers as setup fodder and mega steelix is mega steelix, providing an amazing glue to the team against a plethora of threats. Stone edge cause not having a rock move on your only bird check against every other fletch is suicide. Rapid spin hitmonlee cause is a necessity.

Pretty fun team all in all, hope you have fun if you ever use it!

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Tailwind / Will-o-Wisp
- Roost

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Icicle Crash

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- High Jump Kick

Samurott @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump

Meloetta @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Hyper Voice
- Substitute

Steelix @ Steelixite
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 112 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Week 9:
Core:
Smeargle
Winner: Diogo

Made this when smeargle dropped, i never really tested much or anything but might as well i guess
Healing wish smeargle because hw is the best move in the game, wanted to go with spikes stack with this team and Glalie is pretty much the only offensive spiker who actually does stuff other than dying, since i had glalie i needed hazard removal(not defog because of spikes) it was either hitmonlee or tops, went with the later.
Still needed a spinblocker, fighting type check, psychic type check and a revenge killer(you don't wanna fall back on webs too much), decided to go with choice scarf medicham simply because it has some way of pivoting(bpass) which is needed when running glalie, i could run scarf durant too i guess but i run it on every team so no.
As for my spinblocker i figured mismagius was pretty much the only option with at least some form of offensive presence, i put a colbur berry on it since atm my only fighting type check is medicham so yeah.
Was lacking a psychic type check and a win condition so i decided to go with drapion, it has a cool speed tier when webs are up and stuff

Hide Hide

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
- Sticky Web

Glalie @ Glalitite
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Ice Shard
- Spikes

Kabutops @ Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Hex

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Rock Slide
- Psycho Cut
- Baton Pass

Drapion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Battle Armor
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit/ Aqua tail
- Knock Off

Week 10:
Core:
Rotom-C
Winner: Brick Small.

The item choiced for Rotom was Choice Scarf that way it would work as a revenge killer and late game cleaner, with Rotom in the team I needed something that checks fire and flying types and also wanted rocks so Rhyperior fit like a glove giving me also electric immunity while rotom checks water and ground types for Rhyperior. Now I wanted something that would take advantage of the fact Rotom removing waters types of game and also wanted a WinCon, Delphox was the Pokémon chosen with his great offensive presence to becoming a major treath for opposing teams, as I had Rotom and Delphox in the team I decided to close the FGW core with Pelliper the seabird gave me another fire check, fighting check, Durant check and also Defog to clean my field of hazards. The last two slots are filled by Escavalier and Granbull, Escavalier comes as Psychic check and Granbull as my second fighting check and wallbreaker.

Motorzinho (Rotom-Mow) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Grifinoria (Delphox) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Calm Mind

Eternal knight (Escavalier) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Sailor (Pelipper) @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Defog
- Hurricane/U-turn

Robus (Rhyperior) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Atk / 232 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Roar

Tooth Fairy (Granbull) @ Choice Band
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Close Combat

Week 11: OUTDATED
Core:
Poliwrath

Defensively Poliwrath is one of the most useful Pokémon in RU your typing and huge bulky makes him able to checks several threaths. To complete a solid defensive core I added Steelix, the iron snake has a great defensive synergy with Wrath checking flying, psychic and electric types to him and besides giving me access to rocks and another check for Durant, Mega Glalie and also tyrantrum. The team at this point had problems against delphox and wrath feared Wild Charge Emboar then Flygon joined the team to help to checks these two mons and clean my field from hazards, I opted for the special set with LO to also help as a wallbreaker, now I wanted something to setups and servers as WinCon here chose CM Virizion that also won bulky waters that were boring for the team so far and still gave me something faster on the team HP Ice to hit flying, grass types and Flygon. Rotom-S entered the team for check fighting, flyings and helps Virizion against fat grass types, Rotom is really underated and can act very well treathring a lot of cool things in the metagame like cores of Alomo/Lix/ Amoonguss etc. Finaly in the last slot we have Sneasel helping with speed control, an important priority and how the team has two fightings types it was a bit weak to psychics then Sneasel also helps pursuiting them besides taking intens of walls which facilitates the work of other team members.

Faustao (Poliwrath) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Circle Throw
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Fullmetal (Steelix) @ Steelixite
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 76 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Depois de Nós (Flygon) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Defog
- Roost

Shura (Virizion) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Dom Quixote (Rotom-Fan) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Air Slash

Dark Inu (Sneasel) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash

Week 12:
Core:
Virizion
Winner: fran17

team started from SD Virizion, a really powerful threat in the RU meta thanks to his coverage and power. Obviously I needed a check to Fletchinder, as he ruined my sweep. Looking through the mons which resisted flying i found Rampardos the one which helped Virizion more, checking Fletch and setting up rocks. The main reason I choosed him is because of his access to Pursuit, which helped me to get some cool residual damage on Fletchinder when it switches out! Qwilfish was added to bring another Fletch check, a spike setter and a fighting check. Fletchinder and Meloetta were added to pressure more opposite defoggers/spinners, and they also abuse of the EH. Hitmontop was added as a Tyrantrum check and it also gives hazard control, necessary with Fletchinder. I tested the team a bit on the ladder, and it didn't have many issues againist standard offensive/defensive cores, although I have to play with predictions againist things like Spiritomb to baitkill them with Hitmontop. Taunt can be used over will-o-wisp on Fletchinder to play better againist stall.

team (close)
Virizion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Rampardos @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Fire Punch
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Waterfall

Fletchinder
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Foresight
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch

Meloetta @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Week 13: OUTDATED
Core:
Delphox

So uh, houndoom. How can i fuck with houndoom the most w/o running duggy, figured i'd run something threatening that sets up on pursuit so went with dd scrafty, chople as usual. Fog spdef gon also for houndoom and reliable removal and checks all sorts of stuff bla bla things that gon does(it also has fire punch for abomasnow). Steelix here since i was in need of rocks and i was horribly weak to glalie(i will not run registeel ever again), stone edge on it helps against fletchinder, the usual. Now i was in need of a couple things, namely something that resists water and a secondary fighting check(that also beats scrafty) went with deffensive plume. Last slot is specs king because its cool and https://gyazo.com/c46ed1a3241d24bc7ddee202d1d4bffc

Paper Moon Shine (Delphox) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

Sky Lock Gate (Flygon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fire Punch
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake

Substance Abuse (Scrafty) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Shed Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Ballet Mechanique (Steelix-Mega) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

World's End Garden (Vileplume) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Pacific State (Slowking) @ Choice Specs
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Fire Blast
- Trick

Week 14: OUTDATED
Core:
Abomasnow (Mega included)

Did this for the research week thingy as i rly wanted to use regular abomasnow to see how it does. Obviously you need a justification to be using non-mega abomasnow so i paired it with mega steelix, they actually kinda well together, synergy wise. Obligatory flygon here, defensive pivot to get abomasnow in safely since it's not mega and it actually can't switch into stuff. SD pursuit drapion(lum) as this is the designated psychic type check slot and since slowking is a thing now i figured this set might work as long as i have stuff that can weaken/switch into mega steelix. Enter slowking, deffensive slowking with fire blast as i didn't feel much need to run calm mind + i was a little vulnerable to mega abomasnow i guess(escavalier will probably be more popular now so theres also that), slowking as my designated fighting check still loses to scrafty and virizion, fletchinder was added as it can check both of those as well as being able to get drapion checks a little weakened supporting the use of pursuit on it.

World's End Garden (Abomasnow) @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 120 HP / 60 Atk / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Mild Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain

Ballet Mechanique (Steelix-Mega) @ Steelixite
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Roar

Sky Lock Gate (Flygon) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Motion Blue (Slowking) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Psyshock

Memento Mori (Drapion) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab

Paper Moon Shine (Fletchinder)
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Def / 28 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Week 15:
Core:
Slowking
Winner: thecrystalonix

so i started off with TR slowking, as it is one of the more underused set of slowking atm, and i wanted to see how it would function. LO moves hit hard off without any boost, but i also added NP to be able to set up on things (like mola). Next, i wanted a pursuit trapper / ghost check, so i added houndoom because of its typing and decent physical attack, doing the needed job, except on jellicent. Roselia is able to check the aforementioned jellicent, as well as getting up layers to make an easier slowking sweep possible. Since i was aiming for more of a balance approach, i added flygon as a way to get rid of hazards that make slowkings / houndooms lifes hard. Alomomola provides wish pass incase these pokemon get weakened, and acts as a glue for this team. Wish passing into rose is also good, especially if you choose not to run synthesis for sleep powder. Gurdurr is the teams dark check, while not the best out there, it does the job needed on the team. Originally, i had tried emboar but i did not like the choice lock and dual fire types, and gurdurr fit the next role, not being weak to status due to guts, and getting wish passed into from mola. The spread allows it to take 2 blizzards, so you can check aboma sorta too if played smart.

Slowking @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock

Houndoom @ Life Orb
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Sleep Powder / Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Flygon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Defog
- Roost

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Week 16: (OUTDATED)
Core:
Durant
Winner: Eternal Spirit

idea I had when I decided to build this team was to abuse hazard stack + scrafty, so I decided to start with Accelgor as a Spikes setter and Rhyperior as a SR one, the former being an awesome suicide lead and the latter being a good partner for Scrafty, as it can check Bird spam. After that, I thought about focusing on a team that gave as few free turns as possible for the opp to remove my hazards, so I opted for Colbur Taunt Mismagius as the team’s spinblocker. At this point I wanted a second win condition that could work well with Scrafty, and Sigilyph was the choice as it can both hit hard and also check Fight-types like Mismagius.
For the last slot I wanted a fast offensive mon that could also act as a “panic button” efficiently as well as having a good offensive and defensive synergy with Scrafty. I looked no further after picking Scarf Durant.

This team has some specific movesets and spreads that I’ll explain: 16 speed on Rhyperior allows it to outspeed base 40 mons with Ice Punch luring Flygon and Grass-types. Enough spe on Accelgor just to outspeed base 130 and 248 HP to maximize Final Gambit damage and the rest in atk to maximize U-Turn damage (which is a pretty cool option for when I need to keep Accelgor alive or to give me momentum). I also opted for Jolly Scrafty and Jolly Ant to have a jump on the speed tier and outspeed more things. Also, Megahorn>Ice Punch might be an option to consider on Rhyperior as it also lures Grass-types and Slowking, but gives free turns for Flygon to Defog.

DEADPOOL (Scrafty) (M) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Shed Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

GHOST RIDER (Accelgor) (M) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Atk / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Spikes
- Final Gambit
- Encore

THING (Rhyperior) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 232 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Ice Punch

SCARLET WITCH (Mismagius) (F) @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt

CYCLOPS (Sigilyph) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Calm Mind

ANT MAN (Durant) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower
- Baton Pass

Week 17: OUTDATED
Core:
Medicham
Winner: Fineonbae
or

This is a pretty basic HO team that revolves around Spikes + Medicham + Sharpedo. Ttrum was added for extra offensive pressure. Glalie-Mega was added because it's an OP Wallbreaker, and also helps take care of Mola. Jolteon is in the last slot because it too helps take care of Mola and is also really fast.

Previous Members/Edits:
Jolteon instead of Mismagius
Rock Polish Ttrum > Scarf Ttrum

Accelgor @ Focus Sash
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Bug Buzz
- Final Gambit
- Encore

Medicham @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Rock Slide
- Baton Pass

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Mild Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Crunch
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- Outrage

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice] or

Mismagius @ Spooky Plate
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nasty Plot
- Destiny Bond

Week 18: (OUTDATED)
Core:
Absol and Sharpedo
Winner: slurmz

rofl we started with the core, added u-turn hw meprit for rocks and momentum, heat u-turn fletch for more momentum and secondaey fighting check. Then I wanted a flying check that can beat bulky waters so eelektross, u-turn eel provided even MORE momentum, and scarf hitmonlee to spin and speed control. Bop

helheim (Absol) (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

njord (Sharpedo) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Crunch
- Protect

freya (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

surt (Fletchinder) (M)
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics

mjolnir (Eelektross) (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

einherjar (Hitmonlee) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Week 19: OUTDATED
Core:
Jumpluff
Winner: Miyami~~

Started with Jumpluff and Tyrantrum as a core so Jumpluff could give Tyrantrum free turns to get in. Added Mesprit from there to give Tyrantrum another option to get in on a second go-round if needed. Accelgor is here as a spikes lead with a fantastic speed tier that can also revenge things, Eelektross is another Pivot and here for coverage, and Slowking is here as a final option for a sweeper that also appreciates free turns.

Jumpluffmania (Jumpluff)
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Powder
- U-turn
- Acrobatics
- Encore

Aggron (Tyrantrum) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Bouncy (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 104 HP / 152 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish

Ninjetta (Accelgor) (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Bug Buzz
- Final Gambit
- Giga Drain

Dyana (Eelektross) (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast

Week 20: OUTDATED
Core:
Weather
Winner: Miyami~~
To start, every sun team needs a Setter. Liepard is a great priority sun setter, but it's extremely frail. So I've got Uxie here to be a bulky sun setter, rock setter, and with Memento, you can also memento to give one of your sweepers a turn of setup, which is often needed. Venusaur and Victreebel are both Growth Sweepers with Chlorophyll. Essentially, you're going to want to send it in on something that would be switched out by it's presence, or use Memento to force a switch. After that, you go for Growth and sweep during the limited turns the sun is active. Tyrantrum is here as both a cleaner and a flying resist, since this team doesn't like Fletchinder. Houndoom is here as a fire switch-in because this team doesn't like fire that much either. It's also a secondary sweeper.

Felicity (Liepard) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sunny Day
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave

Ivy (Venusaur) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Growth
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Uxie @ Heat Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sunny Day
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Memento

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Growth
- Giga Drain

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Houndoom @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Week 21:
Core:
Diancie
Lmao im lazy af no description

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon

Spiritomb (M) @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Meloetta @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Week 22: (OUTDATED)
Core:
Venusaur
Venusaur is kind of overrated tbh. Always struggling to find what move to fit on a moveset since synthesis, sleep powder, hp fire, grass moves and sludge bomb cant be run on the same set but that doesnt mean it is a bad mon. Make the decision of running sleep powder + 3 attacks cause hidden power fire is too important on this build otherwise escavalier is free to weaken or kill something so extra insurance is always good. Next decided to add a durant cause it is durant, scarf variant to provide pivoting and momentum and it loves venusaur dealing with the water types. Added gurdurr cause it is an excellent win condition and one of the best dark type checks the tier have as its disposal. Next, an aerodactyl cause needed a flying resist and since I couldnt fit a dark type decided to run pursuit on it to alleviate potential issues with psychic types to an extent. Durant + a pursuit mon like aero should be enough.

Next added a sigilyph cause needed something for fighting types and lol medicham xD so there is that. Psychic cause I can run with gurdurr in here. Last slot needed a water resist, stealth rock and something for sharpedo to not shit on my life so seismitoad (FROG) it is.

Since this venusaur doesnt have recovery, opposing grass types like tangrowth and virizion are threats. Play accordingly.

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Superpower

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Energy Ball
- Roost

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb

Week 23: (OUTDATED)
Core:
VoltTurn
No explanation provided

Ètude Lavie (Sawk) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Zugzwang (Eelektross) (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain

Fairy Chess (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Sicilian Defense (Flygon) (M) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Discovered Attack (Durant) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower

Castling Lucciola (Fletchinder) (M)
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 20 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics

Week 24: (OUTDATED)
Core:
Hoopa
The plan was building a team around subs 3 attacks LO Hoopa, I though hazars stack would be cool to weak teams more easy and help Hoopa to break fat mons. Garbodor and Seims were choose for this job, Garb brings Spikes and T-spikes besides offers a check to grass and fightings, Seims in return brings mandatory SR and also checks Fire, Durant, Tyrantrum. Virizion secondary water resist setup sweeper also takes advantage of Spikes to have a easier life breaking defensive mons. Tyramtrum is the secondy wincon, fletch check and can destroy late game after RP and finally Scarf Durant to revenge kills fast mons.

Divine judgment (Hoopa) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Substitute

Kankuro (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Toxic Spikes

Mc Sapon (Seismitoad) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earth Power

Ant Man (Durant) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Superpower

Shura (Virizion) @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Zen Headbutt

Jurassic Emperor (Tyrantrum) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake/ Superpower
- Outrage
- Rock Polish

Week 25:
Core:
Meloetta
Simple hazard stacking team with nasty plot hoopa, extremely scary win condition against bulkier builds that loves hazards to wear down its checks. Qwilfish + diancie provides a really reliable hazard stacking core, qwilfish giving me a good durant and fighting type check while diancie gives me a really sturdy fletchinder and dark type check while providing heal bell to cure status ailments. Colbur berry 4 attacks meloetta is the mon for this round and pairs really well with hoopa since it can overwhelm/weaken or get rid of most hoopa checks by itself. Virizion is a no brainer, solid water resist and great win condition, and splashable as heck. Sneasel rounds up the team by adding a faster threat for offense and being a really flexible mon to put on teams lately. Im running low kick since mega steelix can be a problem with one shaky ground resist so any extra pressure to weaken or get rid of it is nice. Ice shard is an option here cause ironically scarf flygon is pretty annoying to play around, your choice, both work really. Opposing virizion is also a pain but can pressured pretty well with psyshock melo and sneasel and your own virizion.

Cheers!

Hoopa @ Spell Tag
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Focus Blast

Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Waterfall

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Heal Bell

Meloetta @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat

Sneasel @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Low Kick / Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Week 26: OUTDATED
Core:
Manectric
Winner: Take Azelfie

This was used in RU Seasonal (I also could have won my match to if it weren't for hax!) and the team was built around Passing Mawile into things. I added Mola because I wanted Healing Wish on the team as well a Fire-type check for Mawile. I added Escalivier as it enjoys getting boost faster from Mawile as well as a solid answer to Psychic-types like Meloetta. Tyrantrum is cool for Fire-types which the team can struggle with as well as being incredibly stupid at + 4 I needed something to deal with Water-types as well as pivot around. I also like having Overheat for Steel-types which is why I didn't opt for Jolteon. In the last goes Sigilyph as it can help to break team early as well as removing Dark and Ice-types (mostly Sneasel) pretty easily.

Spring Trap (Mawile) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Stealth Rock

Remedies (Alomomola) (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Healing Wish

Knighthood (Escavalier) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Megahorn

Empire (Tyrantrum) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Lightning Streaks (Manectric) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Foreign Invader (Sigilyph) (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Week 27:
Core:
Mega Glalie

This is a team I built for the round 2 of the seasonal, and it performed well. The goal of the team is to weaken Glalie checks with hazards, and the offensive presence of CB Gon and Emboar (which can be a second cleaner if Glalie died in early/mid game). Qwilfish and Bronzong are part of the defensive core and they checks almost any offensive threat in the tier, while also setting up hazards. Spiritomb acted as a spin blocker and WoW+Taunt is a nice way to lure things like Alomomola and it let Tomb to not be too much passive againist things like Steelix or Rhyperior! Flygon was added to pressure things like regencores or Mega Lix+bulky water, because with hazards and the CB boost it's almost impossible to switch on it. Emboar was added as a revengekiller to things like Virizion (and Durant at the time). Spreads are a bit weird and I don't even remember why things like 28 spa Glalie but I think it has some use!! Also here is the replay of the seasonal battle.

LIOFILIZZAZIONE (Glalie) (M) @ Glalitite
EVs: 228 Atk / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Double-Edge
- Freeze-Dry
- Earthquake

MALCOMUNE (Qwilfish) @ Black Sludge
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Pain Split
- Thunder Wave
- Scald

VORTEXPALLA (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Toxic

SBIGOATTACCO (Spiritomb) @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Will-O-Wisp

RETROMARCIA (Flygon) @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Iron Tail
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Earthquake

SPRIZZALAMPO (Emboar) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Head Smash

Week 28:
Core:
Malamar
none

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Refresh
- Rapid Spin

Garbodor (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Pain Split
- Toxic Spikes

Malamar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Audino-Mega (F) @ Audinite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 48 Def / 216 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Psywave
- Toxic

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 132 HP / 124 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute

Week 29
Core:
Rotom + Toxic Spikes
Rotom+Drapion was the starting core as they have a good sinergy. Seismitoad was added because it can check Fire Types which are problematic for Rotom as they are immune to WoW and Drapion can't actually do something to them unless a weak Poison Jab, and Seismitoad also added a Stealth Rocker and a Tyrantrum check which is important for every team. At this point the team was looking too much passive because it was slow and couldn't check a prominent threat to the tier, Virizion, and I also couldn't do nothing to prevent my opponent to Defog away my hazards. So I added Sneasel and scarf Delphox, both mon that can check Virizion decently, and Sneasel can weaken Flygon with Pursuit, making it more difficult to Defog a second time. Aromatisse was added in the end because the team needed a cleric and a wish passer because the only passive recovery of Leftovers wasn't enough, and it's a good Fighting Type check as Rotom and Delphox can be hit by a Knock Off or another coverage move.

I've Protect on Drapion because it's cool to scout choice mons and gives a free turn of recovery and damage to the opponent with the Toxic Spikes.

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Discharge
- Substitute

Drapion (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Seismitoad (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Scald
- Earth Power

Sneasel (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Delphox (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Trick

Aromatisse (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Weel 30
Core:
Aerodactyl
Obviously I started this team with Aerodactyl, and I noticed one of aero's biggest fears besides half of the tier is Rhyperior and Seismitoad. Probably the most effective lure I could think of to these mons was none other than Natural Gift Grass Drapion. This set has come in handy in other situations as well, for example knock off + ng kills Alomomola as long as you aren't burnt, and pretty much every bulky water except Slowking can get lured out depending on the situation. OTR Slowking was my next pick being a cool extra wincon that could check also break grass types and more defensive cores. I still feared Flygon, so I added Camerupt to break it as well as serve as a sure check to Registeel. Camerupt also greatly benefited from TR Slowking. Originally the last slot was Virizion but I valued the immediate power Venusaur brought as well as the fact that it was a safer Alomomola counter (on offense I find you should also have a Pokemon that can ohko alomomola just in case). Lastly Uxie was added, since I was concerned about my match-up vs scarf Medicham with no Slack off offensive Slowking as my only check. Uxie can also pivot into dangerous attackers such as Glalie and thunder wave them. The team struggles with Ice types, specifically Sneasel, but I felt confident while testing it with Colbur Slowking, Camerupt and Thunder Wave Uxie as checks.

Aerodactyl @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Roost

Drapion @ Liechi Berry
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Natural Gift
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Slowking @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Trick Room
- Nasty Plot

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
EVs: 248 HP / 176 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Sleep Powder

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
The winner from the last thread is...

This weeks Pokemon is...

Known for its infamous Superpower + Contrary combo it is able to take a toll is combo balance archetypes a deal with stall once fairies are removed. Due to how fast and easily this Pokemon sets up it can be quite overwhelming for the opponent.
Submission due by: May 16'th

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
hi
malamar is a cool mon:
Blastoise @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Refresh
- Rapid Spin

Garbodor (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Pain Split
- Toxic Spikes

Malamar (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Audino-Mega (F) @ Audinite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 48 Def / 216 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Psywave
- Toxic

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 132 HP / 124 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute

FlamingVictini

FV - msg on discord FlamingVictini#3784
is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
When slurmz asks you to pass a team, adds something random, and calls it his own. -_-
Slurmz has kindly mentioned to me that the very original of the team had a few more differences, but after we worked it out together, and then when i gave him the importable, he made 1 mon change that kinda works out, but still...

This is one of my latest masterpieces, which all started out with the idea of using malamar + dugtrio since shake was using x-scissor drapion to beat it on the ladder, and i wanted free points. I realized dugtrio helps with a lot of other mala answers and the idea seemed like a good choice in general. I quickly added blastoise for the great hazard control it brings, helping me keep pressure off of malamar so it can get the turns of set-up needed to sweep. I'm using roar here as an emergency answer to some stuff like SubBU braviary, so that I have opportunities later in the game to not givie it a chance to sweep before malamar can. Regi + Weez completes the defense core and it just shits on a lot of teams, while giving me a very solid defensive backbone that malamar complements very well (for example, handling stuff like cm psysho shift sigi). Diglett was the final addition to the team, in my search for a last member when i didn't really need one at all. Diglett helps out duggy by ensuring the trap on things that you can't switch directly into, and also helps duggy traps things as well. For example, it can come in as a sack, and if it lives, the opponent won't be able to switch. It also can bulldoze faster mons like scarf ttrum, to enable the duggy sack. Sucker is useful for getting chip on naturally faster mons when u need to switch in, and toxic is nice since I don't have room on duggy, but it works well with substitute on dugtrio for beating stuff like broken krow (which is now gone). Memento is there as a last ditch effort to give malamar a shot to heal up and/or boost when it otherwise wouldn't get the chance. #DoubleDug

Diglett @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Bulldoze
- Toxic
- Memento
- Sucker Punch

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Substitute

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Refresh
- Rapid Spin

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Sludge Bomb

Registeel @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic

Malamar @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 216 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Last edited:

FlamingVictini

is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Since spirit deleted my post, I guess i won't be "petty" and make a post lacking content.

The defensive backbone of Toise / Steel / Weezing is not only difficult to break for a lot of teams, but is heavily supported by and supports malamar, both facilitating conditions for a sweep and in general walling most attackers. Dugtrio is necessary to trap anything that can threaten the core, and also just plainly functions as a way to remove anything that can get in the way of a malamar sweep. This combination of 5 mons is not just highly effective, but extremely capable of taking on entire teams with just these 5, as long as duggy can trap and remove what its intended to defeat without having to sack a mon and create a hole in the team by doing so. This last slot is entirely filler, and I have used many things here, like Shift Sigi or Virizion. I actually appreciate diglett a great deal here, however, and think its one of the better "go-to" choices simply because its nature of play supports dugtrio extremely well. You can often throw it in very freely without worry when you want to trap something, and arena trap ensures that you can go to duggy straight afterwards to remove the threat in question. For example, one of shake's teams is completely swept by malamar, with its only countermeasure really being x-scissor drapion. By having diglett, I can ensure that the only way shake can avoid getting trapped is by double switching every time, as I can just throw diglett in constantly without worrying if shake will pursuit on the switch and then switch out, or worry about having a member of my defensive core weakened and then giving him a chance to switch out to come back in later. This is a highly specific example, but the idea pans out for a lot of things. Another nice thing about diglett is that you have bulldoze to lower the speed of faster mons, meaning duggy can trap some faster scarf users that can outrun and kill dugtrio, like ttrum or delphox. In general, diglett + dugtrio allows you to spread 8 moves among your trappers, which is really useful when you want more than 4 moves. Sucker is especially useful for these faster mons if you lose your sash (hitting fox and hoopa is nice), whereas toxic is always useful, especially when dug can come in right after and sub stall. Memento is also nifty if you need an emergency turn to get malamar healthy again or something of the sorts.

The only real advantage I see to the other team posted is that it has toxic spikes. The team has no real speed and heavily relies on audino or mala just sponging a bunch of random hits, which is heavily unreliable when audino has no offensive presence and becomes set-up fodder for too many things that can run the squad over. Its not that the team is bad, just that it does have notable issues and I find it to be worse than what I posted. I don't care if people disagree, and in fact, I encourage ppl who voted for slurmz to explain why they did so, since the discussion of teams adds a lot more to this thread than just voting.

What I do have an issue with is comments like
I can't vote for a diggy+duggy team...
People need to learn to open their eyes and consider new things. I'm guilty of this myself, but after watching shake use his teams, and using this own team for myself, I can attest to the fact that creative ideas that may just seem plain crazy can actually be legitimate and consistent enough to be usable and worth considering.

Regardless of the result or the fact that the team slurmz submitted is essentially a collaboration between the two of us (where I made the original iteration and we edited it afterwards, I want people to understand that a team doesn't get invalidated because of something like diglett (That slot is replaceable if ou really want, like i said in my original post, but diglett provides the team with some unique useful qualities that I think are worthwhile). I legitimately think my team is effective (I can only remember one loss with it, to a LO Snow that I misplayed around), and am honestly very disheartened to see people, some of whom have played against my team several times (and haven't won, as far as I can remember), vote for a team as if the other one shouldn't even be considered. I'm not trying to raise a shitstorm because my team isn't getting votes. Just tell me why you all are voting for the other team (that doesn't even have a description, yet I think you guys didn't even take the time to try to understand my team). Hopefully this post has the intended result of at least making people think about or even consider my team, because to me it seems pretty apparant that no one has done this.

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
FlamingVictini you're actually completely right, and i find the team lacking in certain regards (both yours and mine).

the team we made (although i did make more than one change) is admittedly, overly reliant on the defensive synergy of audino, garb, zong, and toise. these issues are similar to those of a malamar build atomicllamas made in the past which i'm actually in the process of rating for a tour at the moment. i was considering alternatives to the team at hand, and i think mega dino is like completely replaceable and opens up slots all around the board. making dino -> virizion and rotom -> tomb (which is actually a build i made in the past) would probably solve every issue presented. gives some priority and natural speed, pursuit trapping so the team doesn't become overly weak to hoopa (which i to be a nauseating issue for your team fyi [consider pursuit on dugtrio over sub]), and even gives the team another way to break stall, which is always nice. however, all said and done, the current team that i posted (that you made the original of) is decent, and does have great synergy that can be tapped into when playing. but, i would probably never bring it to a tour game because of how, like i said, it relies on its defensive synergy and actually, really aggressive plays to work.

yes, i find that people thought your team was a joke because it did have a diglett, and yes, you should probably consider toxic spikes on weezing (since toxic spikes is so nice for any malamar build). furthermore, you explicitly stated it was a counterteam for ladder, which i guess made some people reconsider the overall efficiency of the team. you coul probably add like a vivillon over diglett and change up your toise set and the team would actually be really nice for any competitive game. you could even do mola > toise and play with the diglett and dugtrio slots for a secondary wincon and hazard removal and the team would be quite amazing tbh

i usually don't bother myself with these semantics in any really thread on this website (which is why i don't post in viability rankings, np [unless im posting sets], etc), but obviously felt obliged to since you kinda forced me to o,o.

Man is this guy actually defending a team with Diglett + Dugtrio that has a lot of random holes like LO Medicham, Hoopa, Abomasnow, Stealth Rocker being a Diglett, no Heal Bell/Roar/Wish on a team that relies on defensive cores, very specially defensive based, only Dugtrio/Diglett being able to revenge fast Pokemon, and a lot of other random small holes? I mean the team can work effectively sometimes but you're kidding yourself if you think this is a good team that's anything more than just for ladder fun lol.

that said, slurmz

FlamingVictini

Man is this guy actually defending a team with Diglett + Dugtrio that has a lot of random holes like LO Medicham, Hoopa, Abomasnow, Stealth Rocker being a Diglett, no Heal Bell/Roar/Wish on a team that relies on defensive cores, very specially defensive based, only Dugtrio/Diglett being able to revenge fast Pokemon, and a lot of other random small holes? I mean the team can work effectively sometimes but you're kidding yourself if you think this is a good team that's anything more than just for ladder fun lol.

that said, slurmz
Goes to show how foolish people can be sometimes (like come on, at least make it believable that you actually looked at the team). Also if i've used this team over 20 times with random challenges with people and can only remember one loss, there must be something I've done right. Sucks that you pointed out 3 threats to the team, it must mean there's no way I can deal with any of those you mentioned and thus my team is garbage!

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok, this is getting ridiculous

Can you kindly stop? You already turned into a shitstorm even though if it wasnt your intention... apparently. We dont just shoot down creativity, we encourage it but for the love of God, you dont see people bitching (cause thats what it is at this point) about them not voting for their team in the past and this shouldnt start becoming a trend, people would vote for whatever they want based on looks or whatever, trying to make people type why they voted for "x" post is ridiculous and isnt your call. Is the call of the thread host.

Im not even gonna bother pointing flaws cause it doesnt matter at this point, but kindly stop, saying this again for consistency. Better luck next time I suppose?

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think the issues is that Dugtrio in and of itself is hardly necessary to support Malamar, it traps a Pokemon which is by all accounts not very good, and is also extremely uncommon. X-Scissor Drapion is used on specifically one team, nothing else Dugtrio traps really helps Malamar, a Pokemon that benefits from and sets up on all Steels not named Roar Mega Steelix, and doesn't really mind Fires except for Emboar which, after 2 Super Powers it still doesn't care about. I appreciate the team does exactly what its supposed to do (fun and creative ladder team that demolishes shakes team), but that's just such a specific niche for a team build it doesn't make sense for me to vote for it. I'm assuming thats what most people who voted for Slurmz thought, but yeah, outside of that specific match up (which I actually saw 0 of on the ladder myself) it just seems to be a gimmick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)