ORAS OU Reservation Index V3

An alternative option is slashing Pursuit w/ Defog (garb on scizor imo but it does have its uses) and at least mention a more physdef spread like 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD which eats 2 cb waterfalls from azu and change the name of the set from "Defog" to "Bulky Pivot" or something

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I'm pretty sure cms edits for spreads will be done to reflect Defensive Zor more I was just stating there's not a good reason to make an entire set just for pursuit Zor when it's function is based on just the role of Defensive Zor. Defensive M-Zor should just be called Defensive or w/e similar to that. You can change moves depending on team needs and the semantics of pivots really are based on the scenario of the game more than an absolute role.

Edit: Either way I think QC has got this.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Can I take Zygarde's analysis since it's in need of a new owner, I can definitely finish it up. (Also is it okay if I go with the QC 2/3 version or the WIP one?)

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Can I take Zygarde's analysis since it's in need of a new owner, I can definitely finish it up. (Also is it okay if I go with the QC 2/3 version or the WIP one?)
yea, sorry for late response i've been busy and hootie is afk

I'd like to request giving Chesnaught an offensive set (specified in the discussion thread) for a second (lower) option. Wanting to push this because no response.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Im wondering if i could do a mega pidgeot revamp. The current analysis has a bunch of problems which i guess could all be individually corrected but fixing them would require removing a large part of the current analysis and theres just like a ton of changes to do. The biggest issue imo is the mention of hyper beam for mega pidgeot. Hyper Beam is a terrible move for a lot of reasons I'm sure everyone knows, and I don't think "it ohkoes Rotom-W" is a good enough reason to run it ever. You just give so many free turns to your opponent as you recharge, switch out, etc that its really just not good. The all out attacker set is also a set (and even the first one), despite not taking advantage of mega pidgeots strengths and essentially making it a worse torn because while it doesnt miss, pidgeot has much worse damage output and coverage while needing to waste a slot on recovery (i mean it doesnt have much else to run in that slot but still) and taking up a mega slot. The stallbreaker set does not mention the option of running heat wave over refresh either which is definitely a viable option (and at least in my experiences with the mon, possibly better considering how situational refresh is). In addition to this, the current analysis has some mentions of mons that are no longer relevant in ou such as rhyperior, blissey, tentacruel, lando-i, mandibuzz, conkeldurr, etc. There are also a good number of instances of mons that aren't particularly good/common right now being brought up multiple times as if they're top tier threats like mega manectric for example (i realize this is quite minor and it deserves to be acknowledged as a threat but the nuance doesnt really reflect the current metagame well if that makes sense). The analysis is just pretty dated as of now and there are just huge chunks of stuff that could do with revision and its to the point where it might be worthwhile to just revamp it imo.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd just like to say that I disagree with the motion about Refresh not being a good option (especially relative to Heat Wave) considering that without Refresh it loses the ability to completely dump on stall, which is a big draw to the set, and if anything I'd argue that slashing it with U-turn as opposed to Heat Wave to allow the Work Up set to function better v.s. offense would be a better option here considering that Work Up+U-turn is actually a good and versatile set in the current meta. If you look at Heat Wave's key targets (Steel-types) they can generally be handled by Refresh variants anyway considering that it can heal off Klefki's Thunder Waves repeatedly and accumulate boosts up to +3 (at which point it narrowly avoids being 2HKOed by Foul Play assuming you are running 0 Atk IVs (which you should be on U-turnless Pidgeot) while 2HKOing back with Hurricane), it 2HKOs Ferrothorn at +1 and 3HKOed unboosted (i.e. if you hit it on the switch) while Ferro can only 2HKO back while being slower, and Scizor isn't a good switch-in regardless given that even SpD-invested variants get 2HKOed by an unboosted Hurricane after rocks. It helps v.s. Skarm I guess, but even then you are sacrificing a lot of utility for the sake of hitting a single target which I don't think is worth it unless your team is hyper weak to it (in which case it's just a matter of a poorly thought-out Pidgeot build) considering the nature of the set and the fact that it pairs extremely well with Magnezone regardless, which traps Lefties/Helmet variants while Shed Shell variants get heavily pressured to Roost by Pidgeot's repeated assaults, which gives the Pidgeot player free momentum to go into something which takes advantage of Skarm.

I've been interested in writing up an analysis for SD LO + 3 attacks Garchomp (D-Claw/EQ/Fire Fang/SD) for awhile since it's a really effective balance breaker nowadays and has been used to some success in WCOP namely (like that US East team with Lop/Bish/Chomp/Lati/Rotom/Jirachi). I suppose it doesn't deviate much from offensive rocks move-wise, but I feel like the nature of the set is different enough to warrant its own analysis.

There's probably someone better qualified lol but I've used it quite a bit and feel like it really should get one.

I've been interested in writing up an analysis for SD LO + 3 attacks Garchomp (D-Claw/EQ/Fire Fang/SD) for awhile since it's a really effective balance breaker nowadays and has been used to some success in WCOP namely (like that US East team with Lop/Bish/Chomp/Lati/Rotom/Jirachi). I suppose it doesn't deviate much from offensive rocks move-wise, but I feel like the nature of the set is different enough to warrant its own analysis.

There's probably someone better qualified lol but I've used it quite a bit and feel like it really should get one.
The set you mentioned is kind of already encompassed in two of Garchomp's other sets - one being the offensive SR set and the other being the SubSalac set. I think most people would agree that SubSalac probably isn't relevant enough to merit its own set at this point, so I think renaming that entry "Offensive Swords Dance" with Life Orb + 3 attacks as the main set may be the best course of action. In turn, SubSalac would be relegated to a mention in the moves or set details section of the Offensive SD set. The analysis would probably still need to be rewritten, though some heavy CMS editing could also do the trick.

One pokemon that I feel doesn't really have enough sets on the strategy pokedex is Breloom. Its entire entry is incredibly outdated and I feel it's in serious need of a revamp. Poison Heal Breloom has become almost extinct due to Breloom's terrible defensive typing and lack of bulk, while the analysis is also missing the sash set, one of the best Breloom sets out there. Finally, while I'm not sure if this deserves a set of its own, the analysis doesn't even mention the scarfed Breloom set, which can be quite effective. I would like to request permission to do a Breloom Revamp. I feel that the analysis should be reworked, and I think I am up to the task of fixing it.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The breloom analysis is fine imo. The sash set is just an extension of the technician set really and idt it is that good nowadays anyway 'cause weak. PHeal is there 'cause it's just a kinda old set that never got taken down but it's not that big a deal as it's not like it's inviable or anything (unlike Specs Kyu-B which is just a worse Specs Kyu). Scarf Breloom is a trashy gimmick at best and is defo not worth listing as a full set.

I think maybe Force Palm could get a mention in moves for the technician set and may even be worth slashing instead of Rock Tomb as it's rlly nice in general for a more powerful STAB to use vs. slower 'mons that don't care about Bullet Seed and for it's paralysis rate whereas I can't remember the last time I saw a Rock Tomb Breloom off of low ladder and it just isn't as effective as it was in the past. That's the only thing I think could be changed on there and even then it's not a big deal if it isn't.

The breloom analysis is fine imo. The sash set is just an extension of the technician set really and idt it is that good nowadays anyway 'cause weak. PHeal is there 'cause it's just a kinda old set that never got taken down but it's not that big a deal as it's not like it's inviable or anything (unlike Specs Kyu-B which is just a worse Specs Kyu). Scarf Breloom is a trashy gimmick at best and is defo not worth listing as a full set.

I think maybe Force Palm could get a mention in moves for the technician set and may even be worth slashing instead of Rock Tomb as it's rlly nice in general for a more powerful STAB to use vs. slower 'mons that don't care about Bullet Seed and for it's paralysis rate whereas I can't remember the last time I saw a Rock Tomb Breloom off of low ladder and it just isn't as effective as it was in the past. That's the only thing I think could be changed on there and even then it's not a big deal if it isn't.
I don't want to offend you, and if I'm being compleately ignorant with this claim then I apologize, but I believe your underestimating Breloom's potential. For one thing, the sash set is almost compleately different to the LO set, as it commonly runs moves like Focus Punch instead of the standard Breloom moveset. Besides, recently the sash set has become just as, if not more popular than the LO set as it virtually gives you a free Spore against your opponent.

And Poison Heal is unviable, as there is almost no advantage for using it over the LO or Sash set. Most of the time, Breloom dies to one good hit anyway, so it doesn't extend Breloom's lifespan at all. All it does is make Breloom less powerful by taking away it's technician boost. There's a reason it is never used on the high ladder: because it destroys Breloom's potential.

And the scarfed set isn't as "gimmiky" as you might think. With a scarf, Breloom hits 393 speed, allowing it to outspeed all it's normal checks and put them to sleep with Spore. A fast, 100% accurate sleep move is something no other pokemon has acess to but scarfed Breloom. I feel like at the very least, it deserves a mention.

Again, sorry if I was kind of rude, but I feel like Breloom is one of the most underrated pokemon in the game, and the analysis is the root cause of that. It undermines the effectiveness of the sash set, which is one of the most popular Breloom movesets today. Overall, I feel as though it doesn't give a proper analysis of Breloom's potential and best sets, and needs to be revamped

p2

Banned deucer.
poison heal loom is shaky as a set but it is by no means as bad as you're making it out to be.

sash loom is too weak, fist plate or lo are better alternatives and both can opt to run focus punch too, the only nice thing about sash is having a more reliable spore at the cost of being so weak.

scarf loom is also bad, too slow and can be much easier to play around.

the meta also sucks for breloom right now because tangrowth and amoonguss are pretty much staples on anything bulky sooo

it probably doesn't need a revamp, just tweaks that can be made on site by us (qc team) and other badgeholders if needed.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can I do a Zapdos revamp since it really shouldn't be running defog these days and its gotten a lot better recently?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Can I do a Zapdos revamp since it really shouldn't be running defog these days and its gotten a lot better recently?
Defog Zapdos is fine. I wouldn't be going around saying you shouldn't be running it when it's team dependent anyways.

We're like a couple months away from SuMo anyways I dont' think you guys get we don't really need revamps on stuff.

Reactions: p2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)