ORAS OU Reservation Index V3

Gen VI OU C&C Index
If you are new to C&C and analysis writing standards, look over these threads before posting:
Welcome to the official ORAS OU Analysis Reservation thread. Here, you may reserve analyses for Pokemon that you are knowledgeable about and wish to contribute an analysis for.

All analyses must be approved by the OU Quality Control Team

Forum Moderators
Hootie
TDK
Tokyo Tom

Reservation Rules
  • If you are a badgeholder, you can reserve up to three Pokemon at one time. If you are not, you can reserve up to two Pokemon at a time.
  • Additional reservations cannot be made until your current analyses are posted and in the written stage.
  • Pokemon with (High Priority) attached to it can be reserved by badgeholders or with mod approval. This is to ensure the important Pokemon are in reliable hands for quality purposes. Pokemon without (High Priority) are open to anyone.
  • Post in this thread with your analysis reservations. Pay attention to the posts in front of you in case the list is not updated.
  • Do not edit your posts in this thread. Double post if you wish to unreserve your Pokemon or select another one instead.
  • If a Pokemon is not on the reservation list and you strongly believe it deserves an OU analysis, post in this thread with a thorough explanation as to why and the Quality Control team will address it. See this post for clarification.
  • Do not reserve analyses if you do not have extensive knowledge and experience with the Pokemon at hand and the metagame. If either of these issues become evident, the analysis may be reassigned.
Analysis Thread Tags
When you post your thread, be sure to use the appropriate tags for each stage of the analysis:

[WIP] - Work in Progress: The skeleton is incomplete and is not ready for the QC Team to evaluate. Keep in mind that the longer your analysis stays in WIP stage, the greater the chance of it being reassigned.

[Quality Control] - Quality Control Ready: In the thread title, include [QC 0/3]. The skeleton is complete in bullet point form and now needs to seek approval by the QC Team. Make sure you update the thread title with the number of QC checks you currently have. ONLY WHEN YOU REACH TWO QC APPROVALS MAY YOU BEGIN WRITING THE ANALYSIS IN PARAGRAPH FORM, OTHERWISE THE ANALYSIS REMAINS IN BULLET POINTS. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE THE THIRD QC CHECK UNTIL THE ANALYSIS IS WRITTEN.

[Copyediting] - Grammar-Prose Ready: In the set title, include [GP 0/2]. The three required QC approvals have been met. The Grammar-Prose team now takes over. When you are ready for a GP check, please post in the Grammar-Prose Queue with a link to your analysis.

[Done] - After the analysis gets two GP stamps, the analysis is ready for upload.

Be sure to update your thread's tags and stamp number as you move along the process.

Reservation List
After reserving a Pokemon, you must post your analysis in a timely fashion. Your analysis thread must be up in 72 hours (3 days) or your reservation will be dropped. If you have any extenuating circumstances that prevent you from getting up your thread within this time frame, notify TDK or Tokyo Tom. Pokemon analyses will be categorized under the following headings:
  • Unreserved: The Pokemon has yet to be claimed by someone.
  • Reserved: The Pokemon is claimed by someone.
  • In Progress: The Pokemon's analysis has been posted and is going through the process.
  • Completed: The Pokemon's analysis is complete and is awaiting upload.
Cofagrigus (Revamp) - Albacore
Latios (Choice Specs) - astroboy
Scizor (Revamp) - p2
Zygarde (Revamp) - DennisEG
Amoonguss (Revamp) - bludz
Blastoise (Revamp) - Hootie
Conkeldurr (Revamp) - Recreant
Crawdaunt (Choice Band) - daddy's kisses
Dragonite (Fly) - TDK
Dugtrio (Revamp) - Kris
Feraligatr (Revamp) - bludz
Garchomp (Mega Swords Dance) - astroboy
Garchomp (Life Orb + Swords Dance) - daddy's kisses
Gastrodon (Curse) - TDK
Heracross (Revamp) - urban
Hoopa-U (Choice Band) - bludz
Hoopa-U (Choice Specs) - Nedor
Hydreigon (Revamp) - Hootie
Hydreigon (Choice Specs) - bludz
Jirachi (Revamp) - Tressed
Jirachi (Stealth Rock) - HailFall
Keldeo (Revamp) - Hootie
Keldeo (RestTalk) - p2
Kyurem - CrystalRam
Kyurem-B (Choice Band) - Albacore
Kyurem-B (Choice Specs) - Albacore
Landorus-T (Revamp) - DennisEG
Latias (Revamp) - Tressed
Latias (Mega Calm Mind) - HailFall
Mamoswine (Revamp) - -Magic-
Manaphy (Revamp) - Recreant
Manectric (Revamp) - bludz
Nidoking - p2
Rotom-H (Revamp) - p2
Serperior (Revamp) - bludz
Slowking (Calm Mind) - astroboy
Suicune (Substitute + Calm Mind) - p2
Sylveon (Revamp) - DennisEG
Tangrowth (Revamp) - astroboy
Tangrowth (Physically Defensive) - bludz
Terrakion (Revamp) - Recreant
Victini (Revamp) - Albacore
Volcanion - bludz
Weavile (Revamp) - rozes
Whimsicott - Always!

If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to ask any of the Quality Control members or the leaders themselves. :toast:

Last edited:
Not a reservation but you put Articuno under the list of rejected Pokémon twice.

Hootie edit: Got it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Can I take Shaymin? it is under the viability rankings but doesn't have an analysis for OU yet.

Hootie edit: it's not getting an analysis

[8:39:38 PM] astrogirl: rec do u want conk
[8:40:05 PM] recreant is emo: y sure
[8:40:13 PM] recreant is emo: why you don't wanna finish it?
[8:52:16 PM] astrogirl: wanna finish other projects
[8:52:28 PM] astrogirl: post in the analyses res thread that u got my permission whenever u want

taking over Conkeldurr from astroboy, I'll put it up soon

I would like to reserve Yanmega. It has a niche as a special Speed Boost cleaner and a wallbreaker with Tinted Lens.

Hootie edit: No

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Normal Hoopa is on the website with an offensive Trick Room set but it hasn't been written yet. If it is available I would like to take it.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Offensive TR sounds is better suited as an OO (at best) since Hoopa's physical bulk is so ass that it can't set it up consistently. Stallbreaker is probably the only set worth a write up.

Btw I'm not QC so take that with a grain of salt.

Anyone thinks that is worth giving Mienshao an analysis? I know is super outclassed, but is D rank at OU Viability Rankings and shares place with other outclassed stuff that get their own analysis such as FatMence and Haxorus, I tried Mienshao at OU and is a decent scout with Regenerator and LO, and unlike Torn-T is physically based, wich means stronger U-Turns, Torn-T is forced to go mixed so it can be effective.

Mienshao con go mixed as well, it has 95 base SpA and gets Calm Mind/Swords Dance, but is hard to set up with subpar bulk.

I can provide replays in some days, but not now because my internet is fucked up and im posting on my phone.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think the general concensus is that D ranks don't get write ups. TBH there are much better candidates than Mienshao and its likelihood of getting one is even lower when you consider thawt not even all of C is getting one - let alone D.

re: Offensive Trick Room Hoopa

That set is just a sample set on the dex because that's one of the sets used for it in UU. If Hoopa were to get an analysis, the only set I'd consider is the stallbreaker set because it has a niche in not being trapped and crippled by Gothitelle, but with the Shadow Tag suspect going on right now, I'd rather hold off until it's over. Not to mention C rank mons are not really a priority atm.

speaking as someone whos used mega ttar an extensive amount, dd is better in almost every situation unless your team is really weak to lopunny. its fine as it is in moves

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It loses a lot of its cleaning capability v.s. fatter teams and just seems much more team specific considering that the DD set destroys offense sufficiently well the vast majority of the time anyway. I don't think it should get and its in moves already anyway

Edit: dammit astroboy ninja'd me

kumiko

formerly TDK
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I saw a Rock Polish Mega Tyranitar set on The Underrated and creative sets thread posted by Celticpride, and I was wondering if I could do an analysis for it. I have used it extensively, albeit with a slightly different set, and have found it to be quite viable in the OU environment. Thanks!
sorry, but currently the majority of the QC team do not believe it deserves its own set.

hi

i'm wondering if i could do a revamp for mamoswine. it's analysises are quite outdated and deserving of a revamp
ye, go for it

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lucario's analysis seems rather outdated. Just reading it, it seems like it was written with the XY metagame in mind as there are not any mentions of ORAS threats like Diancie and Lopunny which have changed the ideal set considerably (for example, just the existence of Mega Diancie makes Bullet Punch a much more viable option than it was and Mega Lopunny makes Inner Focus a better choice than Justified)

I was wondering if I'd be able to do a revamp for Lucario's analysis or if the QC team thinks these are changes that could be made through SCMS. I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)