OptiMons [Slate 22: Gen 4] {Voting}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
I can suggest Pokémon with unique typing but really needs optimization; Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy), Meloetta (Both formes; Aria as Normal/Psychic and Pirouette as Normal/Fighting), Hawlucha (Fighting/Flying), Sandslash-Alola (Ice/Steel), Kommo-o (Fighting/Dragon), Crabominable (Ice/Fighting), etc. Pick three (usual maximum per slate in most Pet Mods) of them if wishes would use them.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I feel it would be interesting to make a trio of underused or underpowered Pokemon optimised, The Hitmons for example. I'm gonna list a few mons that could do with optimisation:
  • Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee and Hitmontop
  • Plusle & Minun
  • Moltres and Articuno (Zapdos too I guess)
  • Shiftry, Ludicolo and Cacturne?
  • Kommo-o and Goodra (the only pseudo legendaries that are below UU)
Quick edit: Exloudit, your Incineroar had Overgrow. Subtle mistake, but I've changed it to blaze for you ;)

Hooray, another edit: won't be able to submit this slate as I get back from Greece tomorrow morning. I'll still vote though. Also, 1 other thing. This has already started being coded on Dragon Heaven. Even if it is only 1 Pokemon as of now. I believe Zard8888 is to thank for that

Last edited:
I feel it would be interesting to make a trio of underused or underpowered Pokemon optimised, The Hitmons for example. I'm gonna list a few mons that could do with optimisation:
  • Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee and Hitmontop
  • Plusle & Minun
  • Moltres and Articuno (Zapdos too I guess)
  • Shiftry, Ludicolo and Cacturne?
  • Kommo-o and Goodra (the only pseudo legendaries that are below UU)
Quick edit: Exloudit, your Incineroar had Overgrow. Subtle mistake, but I've changed it to blaze for you ;)
I didn't know you could do that, thats nice, thanks :)

Some slate suggestions from me as well:
  • 'Regi Sqaud' - Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regigigas
  • 'Alolanless' - Marowak, Exeggutor and Raichu
  • 'Bug Bros' - Ninjask and Shedinja
  • 'Plot Twist' - Gyarados, Milotic and Golisopod
  • 'Elm's Essence' - Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr

Ludicrousity

I didn't know you could do that, thats nice, thanks :)

Some slate suggestions from me as well:
  • 'Regi Sqaud' - Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regigigas
  • 'Alolanless' - Marowak, Exeggutor and Raichu
  • 'Bug Bros' - Ninjask and Shedinja
  • 'Plot Twist' - Gyarados, Milotic and Golisopod
  • 'Elm's Essence' - Meganium, Typhlosion and Feraligatr
... HOW THE HELL DID I FORGET TYPHLOSION?! Seriously thoug, it's one of my favourite Pokemon (Umbreon, Zoroark then Typhlosion.) I approve the Elms Essense slate. :3

Can we optimize Ubers to better Ubers?

Random Slates: bad weather setters: Politoed, Ninetales. (outclassed by Pelipper and Torkoal)

Pink Blobs of Gen 1: Blissey (ik she is from Gen 2, but it should have a bigger niche over Chnasey), Wigglytuff, Slowking/bro (originally Clefable, but she's OU)

Decidueye [Optimized]
Abilities: Overgrow / Long Reach (HA)
Stats: 78/107/105/100/130/50 [BST: 570]
Added Moves: Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Aromatherapy, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Fire Blast,
Flamethrower, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Shadow Sneak
Summary of Changes: +30 Def and SpD, -20 Spe

Keeping with the jack-of-all-trades theme other Decidueye submissions had, the main trains of thought I've seen on this mon are trapping, tanking, and support. However, no reason to cater to one of these abilities specifically when by simply optimizing Decidueye's stat spread and movepool, you can make them an extremely interesting and versatile mon. Firstly, by boosting its bulk and the cost of its speed, Decidueye can rival (not outclass) fellow grass types like Tangrowth/Ferrothorn as a defensive mon / pivot, and with its 570 BST it's on par with mons like Tapu Bulu and Kartana in the stats department. Calm Mind and Bulk Up open up the door for bulkier boosting sets, and along with the trapping function of Dedicueye, they allow the mon to put a heavy emphasis on prediction when it comes onto the field. Aromatherapy allows the mon to heal status on bulky set-up sets, and increases the effectiveness of team support sets. The additional coverage is additional coverage for further effectiveness. Decidueye learns Sucker Punch, and mons like Snorlax and Aggron get the elemental same special coverage, so flavor-wise everything still works out. Shadow Sneak is there for additional priority aside from Sucker Punch, to again increase the jack-of-all trades aspect of the mon. As far as balance, while the mon is extremely good, remember that unboosted the mon isn't very powerful at all with low base power STABs, and defensively the mon has very similar checks to something like Tangrowth. Also note that Infernape is a starter who already has the combination of SD, CM, Bulk Up, and NP at its disposal. But yeah, very interesting mon, and was very cool to optimize!

Incineroar [Optimized]
Abilities: Blaze / Intimidate (HA)
Stats: 105/115/100/70/100/80 [BST: 570]
Added Moves: Parting Shot, Yawn, Slack Off
Summary of Changes: +10 HP, Def, SpD, +20 Spe, -10 SpA

Parting Shot is simply a perfect fit for this Pokemon. By increasing Incineroar's overall bulk, they are able to pivot more effectively, and hitting 80 base Speed allows them to underspeed the offensive threats they neuter while outspeeding walls it needs to taunt / phaze. Again, 570 BST is a very fair amount for an OU viable mon as well, and matching the fellow Alolan starters' BST is just nice flavor-wise. Yawn is a nice phazing move and can potentially inflict sleep on a mon that is highly hesitant to switch. It also fits with the motif of Slack Off, which I feel both optimizes the mon by giving it reliable recovery but also fits its flavor very nicely. Not a whole bunch to say, just essentially the changes here are there to give this mon a solid niche being the optimal pivot while being very believable in the lore of mons.

Slate Suggestions
'No Harm No Fowl' - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres
'Lakeluster' - Mespirit, Uxie, Azelf
'Idolized' - Pachirisu, Dedenne, Togedemaru
'Psuedo-Optimal' - Hydreigon, Goodra, Kommo-o
'Typically Unique' - Hawlucha, Dragalge, Crabominable

EDIT: Also, side note. Since Boomburst has been put on Primarina, is the hidden ability supposed to also be available? Doesn't look like it on Dragon Heaven, not sure if this is intentional or not.

Overall this project seems super cool, and it was a blast writing and theorycrafting for this post.
Here's to a great beginning and a greater future :)

EDIT: Also, side note. Since Boomburst has been put on Primarina, is the hidden ability supposed to also be available? Doesn't look like it on Dragon Heaven, not sure if this is intentional or not.​
Well, Liquid Voice is currently unreleased, so that's why its unavailable. When it gets released it should be usable on dragon heaven

Well, Liquid Voice is currently unreleased, so that's why its unavailable. When it gets released it should be usable on dragon heaven
I understand that, but it is stated in OP that Boomburst was added for the explicit purpose of increasing the effectiveness of Liquid Voice. Therefore I was asking whether Liquid Voice was being counted as released in this Pet Mod, which would also make sense.

Decidueye [Optimized]
Abilities: Overgrow / Long Reach (HA)
Stats: 78/107/105/100/130/50 [BST: 570]
Added Moves: Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Aromatherapy, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Fire Blast,
Flamethrower, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Blizzard, Shadow Sneak
Summary of Changes: +30 Def and SpD, -20 Spe

Keeping with the jack-of-all-trades theme other Decidueye submissions had, the main trains of thought I've seen on this mon are trapping, tanking, and support. However, no reason to cater to one of these abilities specifically when by simply optimizing Decidueye's stat spread and movepool, you can make them an extremely interesting and versatile mon. Firstly, by boosting its bulk and the cost of its speed, Decidueye can rival (not outclass) fellow grass types like Tangrowth/Ferrothorn as a defensive mon / pivot, and with its 570 BST it's on par with mons like Tapu Bulu and Kartana in the stats department. Calm Mind and Bulk Up open up the door for bulkier boosting sets, and along with the trapping function of Dedicueye, they allow the mon to put a heavy emphasis on prediction when it comes onto the field. Aromatherapy allows the mon to heal status on bulky set-up sets, and increases the effectiveness of team support sets. The additional coverage is additional coverage for further effectiveness. Decidueye learns Sucker Punch, and mons like Snorlax and Aggron get the elemental same special coverage, so flavor-wise everything still works out. Shadow Sneak is there for additional priority aside from Sucker Punch, to again increase the jack-of-all trades aspect of the mon. As far as balance, while the mon is extremely good, remember that unboosted the mon isn't very powerful at all with low base power STABs, and defensively the mon has very similar checks to something like Tangrowth. Also note that Infernape is a starter who already has the combination of SD, CM, Bulk Up, and NP at its disposal. But yeah, very interesting mon, and was very cool to optimize!

Incineroar [Optimized]
Stats: 105/115/100/70/100/80 [BST: 570]
Added Moves: Parting Shot, Yawn, Slack Off
Summary of Changes: +10 HP, Def, SpD, +20 Spe, -10 SpA

Parting Shot is simply a perfect fit for this Pokemon. By increasing Incineroar's overall bulk, they are able to pivot more effectively, and hitting 80 base Speed allows them to underspeed the offensive threats they neuter while outspeeding walls it needs to taunt / phaze. Again, 570 BST is a very fair amount for an OU viable mon as well, and matching the fellow Alolan starters' BST is just nice flavor-wise. Yawn is a nice phazing move and can potentially inflict sleep on a mon that is highly hesitant to switch. It also fits with the motif of Slack Off, which I feel both optimizes the mon by giving it reliable recovery but also fits its flavor very nicely. Not a whole bunch to say, just essentially the changes here are there to give this mon a solid niche being the optimal pivot while being very believable in the lore of mons.

Slate Suggestions
'No Harm No Fowl' - Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres
'Lakeluster' - Mespirit, Uxie, Azelf
'Idolized' - Pachirisu, Dedenne, Togedemaru
'Psuedo-Optimal' - Hydreigon, Goodra, Kommo-o
'Typically Unique' - Hawlucha, Dragalge, Crabominable

EDIT: Also, side note. Since Boomburst has been put on Primarina, is the hidden ability supposed to also be available? Doesn't look like it on Dragon Heaven, not sure if this is intentional or not.

Overall this project seems super cool, and it was a blast writing and theorycrafting for this post.
Here's to a great beginning and a greater future :)

It was stated in the OP that Hidden Abilities are released for the sake of optimizing.

Ludicrousity

Gonna lay it out differently as I'm on phone. Sorry guys :(

Decidueye [optimised]
Typing
- Grass / Ghost
Stats - 88 / 107 / 110 / 100 / 110 / 60
Stat Changes - +10 HP, +30 Def, +10 SpD, -10 Spe
Abilities - Overgrow / (Shadow Tag)
New Moves - Will-O-Wisp, Forest's Curse, Giga Drain.

Litteraly everyone else's went the route of "Jack of all trades", and I like originality, so I'm taking a different route. Decidueye already works as a trapper, due to its signature move, so why not take advantage of that? With Shadow Tag as a hidden ability, it excels it trapping. It's low speed hinders it less than before due to being able to switch in and have Shadow Tag trap the foe. If a ghost type decides to switch, you have Sprit Shackle. It's new 108/110/110 bulk is intimidating as hell, especially with the ability to trap in weak foes, setting up on them then proceeding to deal a lot of damage. However, it has very low speed, and no priority, so it is very easy to switch in to something faster (basically anything) and pick up a KO. It is also held back by a lot of common weaknesses including Fire, Dark and Ghost.

Edit: I'm surprised nobody has given Decidueye Thousand Arrows yet. Since, you know. Arrows. Bow. Archery. You get it. I won't do it because, well... I don't want it I on my mon (Thousand waves would work but it makes no sense on Deci)

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

I can see deleted posts btw Exploudit. You didn't double post.

I feel I did optimise it way too much. So I'm gonna lower the Speed Drop and HP nerf. Mainly because, well... imagine that things in Trick Room

I can see deleted posts btw Exploudit. You didn't double post.

I feel I did optimise it way too much. So I'm gonna lower the Speed Drop and HP nerf. Mainly because, well... imagine that things in Trick Room
just realized now, when I posted two posts showed up, so I deleted one of them, and now one doesn't even exist and the other is deleted, so I'm pasting it here so people understand what I was trying to say, thanks for the warning tho :)

Here's the post though:

Gonna lay it out differently as I'm on phone. Sorry guys :(

Decidueye [optimised]
Typing
- Grass / Ghost
Stats - 108 / 107 / 110 / 100 / 110 / 40
Stat Changes - +30 HP, +30 Def, +10 SpD, -30 Spe
Abilities - Overgrow / (Shadow Tag)
New Moves - Will-O-Wisp, Forest's Curse, Giga Drain.

Litteraly everyone else's went the route of "Jack of all trades", and I like originality, so I'm taking a different route. Decidueye already works as a trapper, due to its signature move, so why not take advantage of that? With Shadow Tag as a hidden ability, it excels it trapping. It's low speed hinders it less than before due to being able to switch in and have Shadow Tag trap the foe. If a ghost type decides to switch, you have Sprit Shackle. It's new 108/110/110 bulk is intimidating as hell, especially with the ability to trap in weak foes, setting up on them then proceeding to deal a lot of damage. However, it has very low speed, and no priority, so it is very easy to switch in to something faster (basically anything) and pick up a KO. It is also held back by a lot of common weaknesses including Fire, Dark and Ghost.

Edit: I'm surprised nobody has given Decidueye Thousand Arrows yet. Since, you know. Arrows. Bow. Archery. You get it. I won't do it because, well... I don't want it I on my mon (Thousand waves would work but it makes no sense on Deci)
I really like the concept involving this, taking trapping to a next level. But Shadow Tag is banned from OU and I'd assume it'll be banned from this too, as this is an OU based meta (it is OU based, right?). Shadow Tag is also deemed uncompetitive by OU, so even if it got nerfed, I still think it'd be an issue. The fact that it has two immunities is also really helpful, because it can pretty much switch into any Choice locked Normal / Fighting type, beat them down and get to +6 very easily, it is also quite bulky, and just overall an improved Gothitelle, which is not a good thing. Again, I like the concept, but I think you ended up optimizing it to Anything Goes :P

Abilities: Overgrow | [HA] Sap Sipper
Stats: 83 HP / 127 Atk / 100 Def / 75 SpA / 100 SpD / 85 Spe [570 BST]
Added Moves: Shadow Sneak, Taunt, Thousand Arrows
Summary of Changes: +5 HP, +20 Atk, +20 Def, -20 SpA, +15 Spe, [Sinister Arrow Raid BP: +15]​

Decidueye in an OU environment would struggle with having mediocre stats, poor defensive typing and a shallow coverage movepool. I want Decidueye's identity as a Pokemon with a unique type and a good matchup against bulky teams to be maintained, but naturally some of the aforementioned weaknesses need to be maintained in order for it to remain balanced (like its typing). What I've decided to do is firstly, boost its Speed. 70 is not cutting it as a sweeper, so I gave it a bit of speed. Now, it outspeeds the following: Mega Tyranitar, Mamoswine, Heatran, Tapu Bulu, Adamant Excadrill, Xurkitree, Hoopa-U, Dragonite, Adamant Zygarde, speed tieing with max Speed Tapu Fini. That's a lot. I've traded power from its Special Attack and shifted it to Defense to help it tank hits, though it's still not that bulky. Notably it takes two CB Thousand Arrows from Zygarde after Stealth Rock, something it couldn't do before. Sap Sipper both makes sense lore-wise and carves Decidueye a niche competitively, threatening a +1 on things like Celesteela (which, after the stat changes, has a very good chance of living two attacks from its SpDef set), Tapu Bulu (which Decidueye now switches very nicely into, and it can even take advantage of its Grassy Surge), Ferrothorn and more. I also gave it Shadow Sneak (just makes sense, IDK why it doesn't learn that naturally), Taunt and then Thousand Arrows. Taunt is to further bolster its capabilities against bulky cores and stall, shutting down Clefable, Toxapex (Which now gets easily OHKO'd by a +2 Sinister Arrow Raid. Before it was a roll) and more. Thousand Arrows gives it great coverage. It hits Steels like Magearna, Heatran, Magnezone, Mawile which is great because without it you'd need to spend your Decidium Z, as Spirit Shackle doesn't come close to an OHKO on any of those. It can beat Skarmory lacking Brave Bird one on one. It does so much for it. And it makes sense as well, as this mon is all about shooting arrows and that sort of shit.​
Decidueye @ Decidium Z
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Spirit Shackle
- Leaf Blade
- Thousand Arrows

Decidueye @ Decidium Z
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Thousand Arrows
- Roost
- Taunt

(The speed is for outspeeding 252+ Heatran)

Maybe I'll do Incineroar later stay tuned for that folks

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Decidueye [Optimized]
Abilities: Overgrow | [HA] No Guard
Stats: 98 HP / 117 Atk / 75 Def / 110 SpD / 125 SpD / 89 Spe
Added Moves: Leaf Storm, U-Turn, Hurricane, Shadow Sneak, Focus Blast, Taunt
Summary of Changes: +20 HP +10 Atk +10 SpA +25 SpD +19 Spe

Now Decidueye can be seen as a stallbreaker, a special wallbreaker or an interesting pivot, thanks to its hilarious stat spread. Decideye has never seemed to be an OU Pokemon even before stats came out, so I just made it A+ rank for UU. It still hates Ice Shard and Sucker Punch, and 89 speed isnt fantastic for an offensive mon in any tier. Its still potent in its own right, and can even function in OU so watch out.

Incineroar [Optimized]
Stats: 115/125/95/80/90/95
Added Moves: Sucker Punch, Superpower, Wild Charge, Knock Off, Blaze Kick, Power Trip, Haze, Pursuit
Summary of Changes: +20 HP +10 Atk +5 Def +35 Spe

Incineroar however, should have always been in UU and have a niche in OU, based on stat boosting patterns of its pre-evos. Its stats all represent's Incineroar's strong but naturally bulky attacker with good speed. Idk why so much Close Combat subs exist, as Incineroar doesn't fit the fighter stereitype to that extent, its much more likely to hurl and throw things, as how Superpower is depicted. Its other moves are all typical barring Haze. It fits so well as a Dark type (and as a fire type, they can make smoke.) and as a tricky wrestler.

Should mine count as 3 then? Or am I unimportant :P
It's not about being important, it's cuz G-Luke posts so rarely in Pet Mods (other than FE and FMoves) that whenever he posts it probably means he really really liked the slate / Pet Mod as a whole lol. But I guess you can get three submission points though, one for being a Pet Mod Mod, and the other for quality :)

Ludicrousity

It's not about being important, it's cuz G-Luke posts so rarely in Pet Mods (other than FE and FMoves) that whenever he posts it probably means he really really liked the slate / Pet Mod as a whole lol. But I guess you can get three submission points though, one for being a Pet Mod Mod, and the other for quality :)
I was joking :P

You've had 11 people submit in the first slate. That's very good for a brand new pet mod.
Just counted. I think the only Pet Mod ever to get more people that submitted in the first slate was Eevee'd, which had a staggering 20 people submit. Considering Eevee'd seems to be the only one with more people, I'd say you have rather a lot of submissions (FEv3, Megas for all v4 are remakes, so I ain't counting them. although it probably wouldn't matter :P)

I was joking :P

Just counted. I think the only Pet Mod ever to get more people that submitted in the first slate was Eevee'd, which had a staggering 20 people submit. Considering Eevee'd seems to be the only one with more people, I'd say you have rather a lot of submissions (FEv3, Megas for all v4 are remakes, so I ain't counting them. although it probably wouldn't matter :P)
All things aside, this has definitely been an extremely successful first slate, and now we shall anxiously await the votes :3

Oh, I didn't know that was a lot, I'm sorry... !_!

V O T I N G S L A T E:
  1. Decidueye:
  2. Incineroar
Click on a user to see their submission!

Also, as a note: I'm going to reserve the right to reject the winner of the vote in favor of the second place only in extreme cases. Such as a meme being voted on, or an overpowered Optimization that slipped through the cracks. From this slate, I don't really think any are missing the mark! Just wanted to give a heads up in case this very rare case does happen, but it might. I want the community to help build this, so I'm giving the power to the community! :)

I'm voting for... Decidueye by The Reptile – it's my favorite and I feel as if it hits the exact nail on the head of what I mean by Optimization! For Incineroar, I will be going with G-Luke – adding Haze was an exceptionally clever move and I loved the concept. Honorable mentions are... Everyone else! Thanks for submitting! :D

Vote away!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)