Media One Piece (spoilers!)

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Shooting Big Mom with a rocket launcher while she was distracted wasn't technically a BAD plan, but...

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
stussy4ever

this chapter was (finally) good. loved big mom calling kaido a "thing." loved the stuff with Morgans and how well featured a lot of big mom's children are. still waiting for sanji to get his time but whatever

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a funny feeling Big Mom is gonna go all berserker rage on her own crew. If she used her Devil Fruit power to create them, does that mean they get absorbed back into her or something? It's really not made very clear what the parameters of her power are - guess we'll find out next week.

Bege was super cool. Hope we see him again.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
to create who exactly Deck Knight ?? The homies can definitely be reabsorbed, as can zeus/prometheus/napoleon probably, but her children??? I think she just gave birth to them, unless I'm misremembering something

Deck Knight

to create who exactly Deck Knight ?? The homies can definitely be reabsorbed, as can zeus/prometheus/napoleon probably, but her children??? I think she just gave birth to them, unless I'm misremembering something
I'm not sure if the term is being used literally or not when they use "mother" and "father." While it's possible there's some sort of gestation breaker in One Piece (could be a fruit power), it's physically impossible for Big Mom to have naturally birthed that many children, especially since a large part of Ace's backstory is his mother remained pregnant for 22 months to protect him, which suggests normal human gestation periods are in effect in One Piece.

Obviously Devil Fruits can break such limitations if needed by plot, but Big Mom's situation is unique enough where being a mom and having physically birthed each child do not explicitly follow. For example maybe she makes a "soul contract" with the father and a child results from it.

Like I said we'll probably find out in the next few chapters, but Big Mom's powers are mysterious enough that my spitballing is justified.

^this is something that had been bothering me since we learned the sheer number of big mom's kids. they can't all have been naturally birthed, and they can't be homies, since brook's powers didn't work on the non-pawn soldiers when he was fighting in the treasure room. really curious to see what the actual explanation is.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
big mom gets a bunch of strongass people and makes pudding alter their memories so they THINK that they're actually her biological children. then she mindfucks herself into thinking that she, too, is a child of big mom, in exchange for being in the crew.

alternatively, assuming streusen is the big daddy to big mom, he might have altered his biological fluids to make babies grow out like chia pets or something with his food manipulation devil fruit when trying to procreate with a 6 year old cannibal or w/e

Jimbo

take me anywhere
I'm not sure if the term is being used literally or not when they use "mother" and "father." While it's possible there's some sort of gestation breaker in One Piece (could be a fruit power), it's physically impossible for Big Mom to have naturally birthed that many children, especially since a large part of Ace's backstory is his mother remained pregnant for 22 months to protect him, which suggests normal human gestation periods are in effect in One Piece.

Obviously Devil Fruits can break such limitations if needed by plot, but Big Mom's situation is unique enough where being a mom and having physically birthed each child do not explicitly follow. For example maybe she makes a "soul contract" with the father and a child results from it.

Like I said we'll probably find out in the next few chapters, but Big Mom's powers are mysterious enough that my spitballing is justified.
that's a very good point. I guess we'll see!! I sort of anticiate Big mom taking out a large portion of her kiddos while 1-2 get away and chase the SHs for a big fight. We still haven't gotten shit from Sanji and I can't really see where his power up will come in. Maybe he gets a Germa suit? who tf knows

Deck Knight

Looks like Big Mom only took out 1 of her own crew, but she's in a berserk hunger rage all the same. How's Luffy gonna get out of this one where she basically tanked Gear 4 effortlessly? Probably misdirection from Nami, but I'm excited to see it.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
How the hell does Luffy and the gang get out of this one? Even if mam and co. are taken out by that Zeus explosion, I don't see them being able to take on her #1 and #2 fighters and get away in time. Any ideas? I could see either an intervention by another party or maybe a sacrifice by someone?

Jimbo

take me anywhere
I don't think Perospero is her number 2 -- he's not a sweet commander, but I get your point. I'm guessing a combination of Pudding/Chiffon/Sanji is gonna make a badass cake and Pudding is going to modify people's memories somehow, but not totally sure. Luffy could probably take Katakuri and Sanji could take Perospero but that leaves Jinbe and Pedro with nothing to do...

Luffy needed Nami's help to barely defeat Cracker and it seems that Katakuri is the strongest of the sweet commanders so it'll probably be Luffy and Jimbe vs Katakuri; Nami, Brook and Chopper vs Perospero and Sanji, Pudding and Chiffon vs cake

who the hell cares about the non-straw hats? :<

Jimbo

take me anywhere
another thought - with Germa's clones and face-changing tech (i know it was only revealed to be injury-hiding with Sanji's mask thing) I wonder if they could make straw-hat replicas to leave behind.... bit of an asspull, but?

Here are some spoilers for the next chapter from a reliable source in Oro Jackson

Where Zeus's lightning fell, there is a big hole in the ground.

BM comes out of the hole in search of cake and continues pursuing the Straw Hats.

Pudding and Chiffon appear before Luffy's group.

Sanji: Pudding you're ok! Good thing you're not hurt cutie!

Pudding's eyes turn to hearts.

Chiffon: Pudding get ahold of yourself! We don't have time for this!

Evil Pudding: You guys can't be saved! Escaping by ship is pointless! Mama will hunt you to the ends of the ocean and sink you mwahaha!

Luffy: What did she say..!?

Chiffon: No that's not it, what are you saying Pudding?

Good Pudding: No no! What am I saying!?

Chiffon: Mama thinks you guys stole her cake! She'll pursue you to the ends of the sea!

Evil Pudding: That's right so get over here Sanji! Watch Mama slaughter your nakama and taste the hell of this world! Ahaha!

Chiffon: No what are you saying!?

Good Pudding: No! Fade away!

Chiffon: Black Leg Sanji, Pudding says you're good at making sweets.

Sanji: Yeah my cooking is first class in everything.

Chiffon: Ok help us make the cake!

Evil Pud: Hmph! So this was the result. I'm different! This is not for your sakes. I didn't come because I didn't want you guys to die ok Sanji!

Good Pud: -san (heart)

Sanji leaves with Pudding to make the cake, Luffy's group heads for the Sunny

Sanji sees the Sunny from above where Brook and Chopper are fighting. Other than the executives and Katakuri the fodder have been taken out. Reinforcements are coming from the mirror in Nami's room.

Sanji decides to leave the situation to them and focus on the cake.

Sanji: Let's make it! A cake that'll leave Big Mom stunned!

More spoilers from Oro Jackson

At the Sunny
Reinforcements keep coming from the mirror
Perospero has restrained Chopper and Brook with candy and they can't move
As his body is being covered in candy, Chopper cries that he doesn't want to turn into sweets
Along comes Luffy and co who are running from BM
Katakuri predicts that his underlings will be defeated by Luffy and co, so he tells them to retreat into the mirror
Perospero makes an iron maiden out of candy, Candy Maiden to attack Luffy
However Luffy breaks it with Red Hawk
Perospero flinches due to Luffy's flames
Katakuri faces off with Luffy
He is stuck between BM and Katakuri
Jinbe starts preparing for them to escape while Luffy takes on Katakuri
Luffy vs Katakuri begins in earnest
Pedro starts to talk to Carrot
Pedro: Carrot don't be surprised by something that's going to happen suddenly
Carrot: Eh?
Pedro: Here's what I think. Luffy and the others are going to bring about the dawn of the world that our clan and Kozuki clan have awaited for the past centuries!
Carrot: Centuries?

Perospero tells his subordinates to surround the coast with battleships
Nami says they can't escape by sailing out normally and prepares a coup de burst
However Perospero covers the ship in candy and prevents it
Pedro attempts to save Luffy and co from this desperate situation
However Perospero notices and restrains him
Pedro uses some bombs that he had been hiding to take Perospero with him
Pedro: Now your magic will come undone! Farewell.
The bomb goes out and Pedro and Perospero are enveloped in flames.

It's Luffy vs Katakuri which is actually quite a big deal considering that as the strongest Sweet Commander Katakuri is definitely amond the top 10 strongest people in the world

and Perospero survives proving he's no chump (please be dead Pedro)

also apparently there's this big promotional thing Sueshia has in Kyoto that pretty much demands that the Wano arc start this year, so good luck to anyone who wanted to see the Reverie soon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)