Media One Piece (spoilers!)

Man, Pudding would be an amazing addition to Dofflamingo's crew. In some ways she's more powerful than Sugar.

Also really enjoyed Brook calling Linlin "Young Lady." This looks to be an interesting fight. I'm betting that the Soul Soul Fruit has an odd reaction with the Revive Revive Fruit, but the sheer firepower of Zeus' lightning and Promethius' fire may still be too powerful for Brook to handle on his own. Those homies have never looked more dangerous. I'm also very curious what Big Mom meant by "Worst Case Scenario." Combined what she's hinting at with Pudding's reveals and we're clearly getting one hell of a "red wedding!"

Finally, Jinbei's back in the game. He seems fine, so I'm guessing he didn't spin the roulette. Looks like Sakazukai isn't the only one with a Justice Fist!

Last edited:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We all wanted the year of Sanji, but not like this... I feel like he's gonna snap at this rate and throw chivalry out the window.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think this is pretty refreshing compared to the simple 'comic relief' sanji that was kind of the norm after the time skip. We're actually getting a lot of depth to a character that we haven't seen in One Piece for a long time. Yes, everyone has a backstory, but we haven't really seen people evolve and change due to situations in the story. They are who they are and that's that. This is a huge turning point in the narrative arc for One Piece and I hope it doesn't fall flat.

On a side note: Brooke is also getting a shit ton of development this arc as well. I'm glad to see that as he was alone with Franky as the two least developed characters.

Wow, this arc has turned out to be absolutely amazing.

Pudding's character is straight up savage and her devil fruit is very interesting, definitely not what I expected.

I feel like Brook's Devil Fruit can somehow counter Linlin's, but it might be the other way around. However, I do believe that he/they will get the Poneglyph with the help of Pedro.

Sanji took one last L for the "Year of Sanji."

Him trying to light his cigarette under the rain to numb his pain was an touching moment, whatever happens you may have to kiss the old Sanji goodbye.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nah pudding is all set up to be the Sanji fight this arc. Nami has the clouds to fight, Lucky has Big Mam and chopper needs to get out of mirror world.

I do think this arc has moved quickly and we'll get to the fights in two or so months

Edit:
Unless Brooke goes toe to toe with Big Mam and that leaves Luffy to deal with Pudding

Last edited:

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
anyone know if we're getting a chapter this week? i feel like it's been months
should be getting one this week

also sanji doesnt have to beat her physically. he can just play the cards hes dealt with and beat her in her own mind game because he knows something that she doesn't. it would be a cool way to bring back mr. prince without needing direct confrontation

i think pudding is a non-issue this arc anyways.. shes basically some bitch with another hax fruit (kinda like sugar). doesn't really strike me as a character to be delegated to luffy or sanji or any of the main fighters in this current group. nami could probably poke her eye out with her stick and beat her

Last edited:

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It never ends well for the antagonist when Luffy is pissed at them. Pudding does deserve a good frying, but I don't think she'll get one unless Luffy or Nami does it, and I'm not banking on Nami winning a fight against Pudding.

http://comicbook.com/anime/2017/01/15/one-piece-spin-off-focusing-on-ace-is-coming-this-year/
http://comicbook.com/anime/2017/01/15/one-piece-spin-off-focusing-on-ace-is-coming-this-year/
"To celebrate One Piece’s 20th anniversary, Shonen Jump has big plans, and one of them involves Ace. The publication announced that there are plans in development for a magazine focused on Ace. Shonen Jump also confirmed that the One Piece kabuki play would make its return, but it is the former piece of information that made fans frantic."

REJOICE

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
"To celebrate One Piece’s 20th anniversary, Shonen Jump has big plans, and one of them involves Ace. The publication announced that there are plans in development for a magazine focused on Ace. Shonen Jump also confirmed that the One Piece kabuki play would make its return, but it is the former piece of information that made fans frantic."

REJOICE
Just like Dragon Ball Z, Death is no impediment to marketing and merchandising :)

Man, Pudding would be an amazing addition to Dofflamingo's crew. In some ways she's more powerful than Sugar.

Also really enjoyed Brook calling Linlin "Young Lady." This looks to be an interesting fight. I'm betting that the Soul Soul Fruit has an odd reaction with the Revive-Revive Fruit, but the sheer firepower of Zeus' lightning and Prometheus' fire may still be too powerful for Brook to handle on his own. Those homies have never looked more dangerous. I'm also very curious what Big Mom meant by "Worst Case Scenario." Combined what she's hinting at with Pudding's reveals and we're clearly getting one hell of a "red wedding!"

Finally, Jinbei's back in the game. He seems fine, so I'm guessing he didn't spin the roulette. Looks like Sakazukai isn't the only one with a Justice Fist!
Wow, I guessed that Brook would have trouble with Zeus and Prometheus, but I never expected that they would be actual copies of Big Mom's soul. This reminds me of some Harry Potter Horcrux-level voodoo! What I am confused about, however, is if her hat homie is just used for receiving information, or whether it can actually attack?

Also interesting to see Luffy's devotion to going back to that one particular spot on Whole Cake Island. Oda even included the classic "destination defenestration" trope by having him leap out the window. I expect a charged reunion between captain and cook sometime in the future.

Then we've got miscellaneous stuff like
  • Carrot's Bishonen style artwork (that sexy Brook is amazing!)
  • Pedro's badass fight and retreat against Tomago's FREAKING CHICKEN BEFORE THE EGG Fruit
  • Big Mom's past with Roger
  • Pudding seemingly having her own plans

Overall, this was an interesting set-up chapter. Looks like exciting stuff is on the way.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I get really bored at work so I spent the day thinking about my favorite One Piece villains. I didn't pick villains that I don't think we've seen the full potential of yet (Blackbeard, Navy Admirals, Emperors including current arc) and frenemies (including Kuma). So here's my list.

10. Wapol
This is just a very comedic villain. I think he perfectly balances being very funny and you still wanting to see him get violently injured. His motives are weak and he's not very threatening, but he still serves as the cherry on top of one of, if not my favorite story arc.

9. Gekko Moriah
I don't really care for Moriah much or for Thriller Bark. But I like the variety of sort of intelligent underdog villains, and Moriah's plan to assemble an army of the dead is pretty neat.

8. Baroque Works
Listed as an organization because that's the form they are really cool as. A mysterious organization of secret assassins is cool enough in principle, but as usual in one piece, it's the eccentricities that make it work. Their structure is really neat, and they include frenemy Mr. 2, decent villain Mr. 3, and two villains from one of the series best fights, Mr. 4 and Miss Merry Christmas. Not to mention the organization contained one and a half crew members.

7. Magellan
Magellan's comedy stinks and he doesn't get to have any really good counterplay with Luffy. But that's sort of the point. Other than Kuma, no one else has ever been insurmountable for Luffy.

6. The Celestial Dragons
Simple and perfect formula. Show us people that there would be dire consequences for attacking and make us want really badly for Luffy to punch them.

5. Donquixote Dofflamingo
Probably the last warlord that the crew will have as a serious antagonist and a good sendoff. In terms of sheer threat and hateability he tops the chart, but I think his ultimate fight with Luffy could have been a little better.

4. Eneru
Not everyone's favorite arc but you have to admit that when they built him up to be so mighty, a literal god who was untouchable by all, and then that moment when he and Luffy first meet... priceless.

3. Arlong
A good threat at the time and actually I think an intelligent foe, considering his patience and strategic plans for world conquest. But the hatred against Arlong is just very personal. I don't think it could ever be topped.

2. Crocodile
Not my favorite arc, but when I thought about it, he's actually one of the best villains. Hell, his organization is on this list, but I think he deserves to be separate from it. He has the intelligence, the threat, and the hatred factor in high levels. But as the first logia, he set the standard still for what I think a good antagonist to Luffy should be, one that he really has to be clever to beat. I'm still waiting for One Piece to get past a point where Luffy can just haki everything and call it a day.

1. CP9
I couldn't pick a single person. Rob Lucci has a really good fight and is a great antagonist, but hardly feels like he's the literal boss of the group. Spandam is more trash fodder like the Dragons or Wapol. And the best member is just the guy who fights Zoro, Kaku. But CP9 is diverse like that. It covers all basis. From their stunning entrance to their awesome six power mastery, they dominate what many people consider to be the best story arc One Piece has ever had.

So what are your guys favorite villains?

franky

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
this is seriously brookes arc. you mean to tell me young lady big mom whose been a pirate for so long (even fighting roger probably) and only brooke was the only dude to injure prometheus?

i fucking love franky but i think brooke might be the 4th strongest SH

franky

So what are your guys favorite villains?
thats a p. good list. my favorite villain all-time is doflamingo. he was the complete package. best design (biased towards the pink coat), background story and was actually the first obstacle for luffy in the new world. even when he was defeated, he gave out a pretty monumental speech in his prison cell.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
this is seriously brookes arc. you mean to tell me young lady big mom whose been a pirate for so long (even fighting roger probably) and only brooke was the only dude to injure prometheus?

i fucking love franky but i think brooke might be the 4th strongest SH
objection

fourth strongest strawhat is sanji, after luffy / zoro / jimbei obv :P

also, i don't think using brooke's wounding of prometheus is fair atm because

a.) we don't know how long prometheus has even existed
b.) soul attacks are apparently brooke's specialty, so he's probably better against prometheus than franky sure but against general opponents franky (at leasty franky shogun) seems superior

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)