OMPL V: Discussion Thread

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Klang, jasprose, motherlove and highlighter - Probably some of the best BH players I know as well as people who helped my confidence, supported me heavily throughout OMPL and even before then, and helped me get to where I am now. You three are fun to be around, encouraging in your own ways and very good at what you all do. If you keep your mind on whatever you try to do, I know you all can do very well. You three are determined and hardworking. Thanks for how much support and encouragement you three gave me this OMPL.
One of them four users taking a fat L lmao

E4 Flint - I saved the best for last. You've been amazing since day one. You've supported me, helped me through pretty much everything, always seem to have a way to make me smile, and you're so much fun to be around. I appreciate having you as a friend and getting to know you. You've inspired the hell out of me to become a better player. You're probably the kindest person in this community. You got me into OMPL in the first place. You fired me up for our game. You've supported me through the months I've known you. You're respectful, fun, intelligent, mature, and know when to be serious. I remember when I first met you in that AAA tours room tour, and I knew right then I found someone who was probably going to be my best bud in the future. I was right, too. You bring everybody up with you, demonstrate a positive attitude, and work hard as fuck. You're very enthusiastic, love to aid everyone, and love to see the best in everyone. You're someone I feel comfortable around. You're trustworthy and funny. You stand out of the rest. People should be more like you, bud. I haven't trusted anyone else on this list as much as I've trusted "Flinty" with. He's undoubtedly the person I feel most confident to talk to about anything. You're my favourite partner to test with. I can't imagine someone better for this last shoutout than the afro'd idiot this is dedicated to. Thanks for everything, bud - I'm looking forward to playing either with or against you next year.
Is this a shoutout or a marriage proposal?

DEG

The night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It saddens me that we lost before reaching Finals week, Bondie and I poured all of our feelings and love in our team. We wasted months learning OMs, learning the players just to get ready for this fantastic OMPL V event. When I first heard that Bondie was going to be my partner in crime, I was happy, my smile was carved on my face like a happy doll, or even like a happy kid on a Christmas night. Bondie and I go back, we are friends ever since kindergarten, we used to play in diapers with our teddy bears, the first word I said was "Bondie" and the first word he said was "DEG". We grew up together, looking at Smogon hoping that one day we will be part of such a fantastic Pokemon competitive battling scene and specifically in the prestigious tournament known as OMPL. We finally were COPPA Legal and decided to make Smogon accounts but we were still babies trying to make our first baby step into the Pokemon competitive scene. When I was Seventeen, my dream came true, and that was to participate in my first OMPL as a managing role, I teamed up with Scpinion and lead the Majestic Mantykes but that didn't turn out well because I knew something was missing, I cannot just win or continue without my other half. A full year passed, and our chance was finally here to make the big splash into the OM Community and its tournament scene. We teamed up with Bondie and like I described before we crying tears of joys, we were so excited to take on the big heads of the community in this prestigious team tournaments. But these tears of joys soon turned out to be tears of sadness, first of all we were saddened to know that the best OM that has ever existed and graced this heart, the OM that could turn create some peace in the world, 1v1 was not included in the most prestigious team tournaments, Bondie didn't care much but he mourned with me because our hearts are attached, if I cry he cries. I took a step back and wanted to boycott this whole thing and my good friend wanted to join the boycott alongside the 1v1 community, we worked so hard all the year, created everything and perfected the metagame and resources to be represented in OMPL V but like always dreamers are destroyed by the sad reality, the 1v1 players didn't get what they want even after hard work which shows how unfair this world is, there's a lot of people that work all day to get something done yet never receive it but others sit on the couch all day and have the world in their hands. Nonetheless, Bondie and I contemplated the past and saw that we lived all our lives just to get into this moment so we moved forward, our hearts still beating for the 1v1 community. We explained them why 1v1 didn't make the cut this year and we complained about the misjudging people make about 1v1 saying its just a Luck-based metagame. We said that if they want to this way, this whole Pokemon game is Luck-based which can be now proved thanks to this OMPL. I don't want to vent, nor want to write a lot of words, I want to get the story straight. Bondie and I continued our OMPL run, our first obstacle was to pick a name. We went through the whole Pokemon list from Kinglers to Gengar and we even revisited Mantykes but we just couldn't decide, we needed something to catch attention for our first ever OMPL run together, we needed something to make people love us, to make people stand united with us, we needed something to represent us. Sadly, another unfortunate thing happened with us, such a cruel world I know, we couldn't decide of a magnificent team name in time so we had to roll with a name they had given us by a dictator that leads the OM community. I was always told The Immortal was a dictator but I never believed, I looked up to him, he used to be my role model, something I wanted to become one day but sadly all these rumors were true, I learned the sad truth that we have no freedom in this community. We are doomed and we have met our fate, the dictator picked one of the worst Pokemon, Unfezants and had the guts to put Untitled in the beginning. Bondie and I didn't say a thing, we didn't want him to stop our OMPL run that easily and go to jail, so we went to our rooms and cried all night, our first OMPL run wasn't as good as we thought it would be. Everything looked so simple, neat and easy when were just spectators but in reality the burden just eats you alive in the end and on top of that we couldn't even have a name that represents us.

That being said, we rolled with the Untitled Unfezants name and just like we expected we were the talk of the town but not in a positive way, we were made fun of by everyone, just like people made fun of GL Volkner's name, the community decided that our names were bad so we were bullied which drove us insane. GL Volkner's I'm all with the name change, don't let society every decide who you want to be, be yourself and live your life for you. Though what is more saddening is that not only we were made fun cause of our team name but because of who we were. Bondie had zero experience in OMs and knew no one from the community, like he'd go and ask "Who is E4 Flint? Is he good? Does he play Sketchmons?", while me, I was rusty, I hadn't touched OMs for a year and I forgot everyone and what they played. Everyone pointed fingers at us and laughed, to the point that I even PM'd my good friend Chloe. if she wanted to get drafted in Unfezants and the response was a laugh and a no. Bondie and I's heart was breaking, we cried together to the point where we no longer had tears, we sat and listened to our favorite sad songs, Bondie couldn't even listen to his 80's Pop songs which he loved so much. We were publicly humiliated by the whole community and even by our friend Chloe, I always thought Chloe had a beautiful heart and was so nice but with that response I changed my mind and never talked to Chloe again, she apologized to me a lot of times but this heart cannot be mended with a simple apology. Bondie and I lost all our hopes, we nearly wanted to drop out but one day, I was PM'd by my friend Ransei and he was such a sweet little angel that he cited me all good players and what OMs they play, I was so grateful and happy, Bondie and I finally had a way to not end last in this OMPL run. We kept our strategy a secret so other managers think that we're bad and won't be able to handle properly the draft, meanwhile Bondie and I saw no rest, we spend all day and night scouting players, deciding who we really wanted and added a few names on Ransei's list. I was busy during the draft so Bondie and I decided on player's prices and priorities before this begun.

The day of draft Bondie did an excellent job at drafted the most amazing team on papers, we were going to win our first OMPL with the help of our lovely team! We were still the talk of the town, this time positively. Our draft was praised by many and we were the favorite to win the tournament. Bondie and I came back home just happy, we threw a party had a few drinks and decided that this is it, we're going to win this prestigious team tournament. Fast forwarding to the last week of OMPL. Our team was excited we were just a few steps away from grabbing the finals spot, we prepared day and night, had papers full of teams and strategies we thought we have this no problem. We needed the Blisseys to defeat the Jolteons, they went up 3-0 and we thought, that's it. But to our surprise, our beloved friend that goes by the name of 3 Pokemon got a fortunate hax and won a game that was crucial, on our side we played badly due to pressure and tied with Kois which eliminated our chances at playoffs. This was such as sad day, Bondie couldn't withstand the pain, he went to his room and emptied the bottle of Vodka, I literally had to stop him, he wanted to drink another bottle that I paid for. I told him that it's okay, our team did amazing and we made new friends, Hooray!

To whom it may concerns, I'd like to thank everyone for this fantastic OMPL season from the host to the players, most of you were shit (as in a compliment WE DA SHIT HEHEH XD!). I'd like to thank all managers for different reasons, Uselesscrab and Peef Rimgar for thinking they had the best team, Ransei and ScarfWynaut for destroying the dream that Bondie and I held into ever since we were little kids, Pikachuun and OM room for staying optimistic and pulling up a fight even though they had one of the worst teams, The Immortal and E4 Flint for actually having a chance at win and also destroying our dream, EV and all his co-managers for even finishing last in the shoutouts post, jk loved the Kois team spirit. Now I have to go through my team shoutouts. I have never ever talked to most of them before OMPL so this event made me meet some cool people.

jasprose: My man, you did amazing and people are going to remember you for a while as the next best BH player tbh, you performed amazingly even though you lost the most important match ever, it's just that you didn't trust yourself enough and I don't know why. You should have full trust in yourself and continue winning, you're going to be big, if you aren't now, in the BH scene.

Wanka: You're probably looking at this and thinking "CRINGE!", I know you don't like such posts but I'm sorry for all the poor matchups and hax you got, we all know that you were a fantastic player and couldn't show his full potential, better luck next year bro.

Jrdn: "Trade us Jrdn for x y z" this is what I got from most 3 teams week 1, and I never wanted to give you away. I knew that you had that thing that won't be able to shine unless you were with us the unfezants, fantastic player even though your score doesn't reflect your skills, you got hax'd and switched Excadrill the win-con on Volcarona'd, you should always be remembered as that. You were the glue of the team and provided Aesf great teams even though they lost all the matchups but that's okay luck wasn't in our favor.

aesf: Speaking of being fed teams, Bondie and I put you and Lax Lapras on the list, it was either going to be you or him well we ended up with you. Even though you were rusty you played great for a guy that didn't know his gen 7 and I always liked you as a person back when we used to talk about 1v1.

Thimo: G.O.A.T. ENOUGH SAID.

Akashi: Chill user and player that couldn't really show what he's made of this year, better luck year bro I know you are capable of performing better than this year!

wishes: The legend that beat Eien at Monotype when we needed the win, making fun of you in the Discord was always fun, even though I always called you bad and told you that you're losing every week you actually played great and went 2-1. I'm glad that I met you, chill user, don't kill our snapchat streak. Thanks.

The Trap God: Thank you for subbing in on an OM you have never touched when Jeran couldn't play, you also won both times which is amazing, well you're an ubers SPL player so no surprises, goodluck in other tournaments scenes, hope we stay in touch!

#FREEMAGSY and poor iVid was so busy all OMPL that he couldn't play a game.

LFGI UNFEZANTS YALL ARE FUCKING AMAZING.

As closing remarks, I want to apologize to Jolteons and all of its players, I made a lot of jokes this past day about hax but I never meant them seriously, yall are amazing and played with all force and all motivation which allowed you to reach this point, shoutout to both Ransei and ScarfWynaut for maintaining such a great team. I would also like to give a shoutout to Mark_K, Racool, terrors, InfernapeTropius11, darksylvion for their great performance and being chill asf users even though IT11 isn't undefeated in my heart, 4-1 forever soon to be 4-2. This OMPL was intense boys and I'm waiting the end of the week to look at the winners of this year most prestigious team tournament ever in the OM community. With that being said, you should all join the 1v1 Ladder Tournament which is a tournament that revolves around the best OM, the king of OMs, the OM that deserves all the recognition it deserves 1v1.

Still devastated Lance 2.0's out.
Peace.

Last edited:
It saddens me that we lost before reaching Finals week, Bondie and I poured all of our feelings and love in our team. We wasted months learning OMs, learning the players just to get ready for this fantastic OMPL V event. When I first heard that Bondie was going to be my partner in crime, I was happy, my smile was carved on my face like a happy doll, or even like a happy kid on a Christmas night. Bondie and I go back, we are friends ever since kindergarten, we used to play in diapers with our teddy bears, the first word I said was "Bondie" and the first word he said was "DEG". We grew up together, looking at Smogon hoping that one day we will be part of such a fantastic Pokemon competitive battling scene and specifically in the prestigious tournament known as OMPL. We finally were COPPA Legal and decided to make Smogon accounts but we were still babies trying to make our first baby step into the Pokemon competitive scene. When I was Seventeen, my dream came true, and that was to participate in my first OMPL as a managing role, I teamed up with Scpinion and lead the Majestic Mantykes but that didn't turn out well because I knew something was missing, I cannot just win or continue without my other half. A full year passed, and our chance was finally here to make the big splash into the OM Community and its tournament scene. We teamed up with Bondie and like I described before we crying tears of joys, we were so excited to take on the big heads of the community in this prestigious team tournaments. But these tears of joys soon turned out to be tears of sadness, first of all we were saddened to know that the best OM that has ever existed and graced this heart, the OM that could turn create some peace in the world, 1v1 was not included in the most prestigious team tournaments, Bondie didn't care much but he mourned with me because our hearts are attached, if I cry he cries. I took a step back and wanted to boycott this whole thing and my good friend wanted to join the boycott alongside the 1v1 community, we worked so hard all the year, created everything and perfected the metagame and resources to be represented in OMPL V but like always dreamers are destroyed by the sad reality, the 1v1 players didn't get what they want even after hard work which shows how unfair this world is, there's a lot of people that work all day to get something done yet never receive it but others sit on the couch all day and have the world in their hands. Nonetheless, Bondie and I contemplated the past and saw that we lived all our lives just to get into this moment so we moved forward, our hearts still beating for the 1v1 community. We explained them why 1v1 didn't make the cut this year and we complained about the misjudging people make about 1v1 saying its just a Luck-based metagame. We said that if they want to this way, this whole Pokemon game is Luck-based which can be now proved thanks to this OMPL. I don't want to vent, nor want to write a lot of words, I want to get the story straight. Bondie and I continued our OMPL run, our first obstacle was to pick a name. We went through the whole Pokemon list from Kinglers to Gengar and we even revisited Mantykes but we just couldn't decide, we needed something to catch attention for our first ever OMPL run together, we needed something to make people love us, to make people stand united with us, we needed something to represent us. Sadly, another unfortunate thing happened with us, such a cruel world I know, we couldn't decide of a magnificent team name in time so we had to roll with a name they had given us by a dictator that leads the OM community. I was always told The Immortal was a dictator but I never believed, I looked up to him, he used to be my role model, something I wanted to become one day but sadly all these rumors were true, I learned the sad truth that we have no freedom in this community. We are doomed and we have met our fate, the dictator picked one of the worst Pokemon, Unfezants and had the guts to put Untitled in the beginning. Bondie and I didn't say a thing, we didn't want him to stop our OMPL run that easily and go to jail, so we went to our rooms and cried all night, our first OMPL run wasn't as good as we thought it would be. Everything looked so simple, neat and easy when were just spectators but in reality the burden just eats you alive in the end and on top of that we couldn't even have a name that represents us.

That being said, we rolled with the Untitled Unfezants name and just like we expected we were the talk of the town but not in a positive way, we were made fun of by everyone, just like people made fun of GL Volkner's name, the community decided that our names were bad so we were bullied which drove us insane. GL Volkner's I'm all with the name change, don't let society every decide who you want to be, be yourself and live your life for you. Though what is more saddening is that not only we were made fun cause of our team name but because of who we were. Bondie had zero experience in OMs and knew no one from the community, like he'd go and ask "Who is E4 Flint? Is he good? Does he play Sketchmons?", while me, I was rusty, I hadn't touched OMs for a year and I forgot everyone and what they played. Everyone pointed fingers at us and laughed, to the point that I even PM'd my good friend Chloe. if she wanted to get drafted in Unfezants and the response was a laugh and a no. Bondie and I's heart was breaking, we cried together to the point where we no longer had tears, we sat and listened to our favorite sad songs, Bondie couldn't even listen to his 80's Pop songs which he loved so much. We were publicly humiliated by the whole community and even by our friend Chloe, I always thought Chloe had a beautiful heart and was so nice but with that response I changed my mind and never talked to Chloe again, she apologized to me a lot of times but this heart cannot be mended with a simple apology. Bondie and I lost all our hopes, we nearly wanted to drop out but one day, I was PM'd by my friend Ransei and he was such a sweet little angel that he cited me all good players and what OMs they play, I was so grateful and happy, Bondie and I finally had a way to not end last in this OMPL run. We kept our strategy a secret so other managers think that we're bad and won't be able to handle properly the draft, meanwhile Bondie and I saw no rest, we spend all day and night scouting players, deciding who we really wanted and added a few names on Ransei's list. I was busy during the draft so Bondie and I decided on player's prices and priorities before this begun.

The day of draft Bondie did an excellent job at drafted the most amazing team on papers, we were going to win our first OMPL with the help of our lovely team! We were still the talk of the town, this time positively. Our draft was praised by many and we were the favorite to win the tournament. Bondie and I came back home just happy, we threw a party had a few drinks and decided that this is it, we're going to win this prestigious team tournament. Fast forwarding to the last week of OMPL. Our team was excited we were just a few steps away from grabbing the finals spot, we prepared day and night, had papers full of teams and strategies we thought we have this no problem. We needed the Blisseys to defeat the Jolteons, they went up 3-0 and we thought, that's it. But to our surprise, our beloved friend that goes by the name of 3 Pokemon got a fortunate hax and won a game that was crucial, on our side we played badly due to pressure and tied with Kois which eliminated our chances at playoffs. This was such as sad day, Bondie couldn't withstand the pain, he went to his room and emptied the bottle of Vodka, I literally had to stop him, he wanted to drink another bottle that I paid for. I told him that it's okay, our team did amazing and we made new friends, Hooray!

To whom it may concerns, I'd like to thank everyone for this fantastic OMPL season from the host to the players, most of you were shit (as in a compliment WE DA SHIT HEHEH XD!). I'd like to thank all managers for different reasons, Uselesscrab and Peef Rimgar for thinking they had the best team, Ransei and ScarfWynaut for destroying the dream that Bondie and I held into ever since we were little kids, Pikachuun and OM room for staying optimistic and pulling up a fight even though they had one of the worst teams, The Immortal and E4 Flint for actually having a chance at win and also destroying our dream, EV and all his co-managers for even finishing last in the shoutouts post, jk loved the Kois team spirit. Now I have to go through my team shoutouts. I have never ever talked to most of them before OMPL so this event made me meet some cool people.

jasprose: My man, you did amazing and people are going to remember you for a while as the next best BH player tbh, you performed amazingly even though you lost the most important match ever, it's just that you didn't trust yourself enough and I don't know why. You should have full trust in yourself and continue winning, you're going to be big, if you aren't now, in the BH scene.

Wanka: You're probably looking at this and thinking "CRINGE!", I know you don't like such posts but I'm sorry for all the poor matchups and hax you got, we all know that you were a fantastic player and couldn't show his full potential, better luck next year bro.

Jrdn: "Trade us Jrdn for x y z" this is what I got from most 3 teams week 1, and I never wanted to give you away. I knew that you had that thing that won't be able to shine unless you were with us the unfezants, fantastic player even though your score doesn't reflect your skills, you got hax'd and switched Excadrill the win-con on Volcarona'd, you should always be remembered as that. You were the glue of the team and provided Aesf great teams even though they lost all the matchups but that's okay luck wasn't in our favor.

aesf: Speaking of being fed teams, Bondie and I put you and Lax Lapras on the list, it was either going to be you or him well we ended up with you. Even though you were rusty you played great for a guy that didn't know his gen 7 and I always liked you as a person back when we used to talk about 1v1.

Akashi: Chill user and player that couldn't really show what he's made of this year, better luck year bro I know you are capable of performing better than this year!

wishes: The legend that beat Eien at Monotype when we needed the win, making fun of you in the Discord was always fun, even though I always called you bad and told you that you're losing every week you actually played great and went 2-1. I'm glad that I met you, chill user, don't kill our snapchat streak. Thanks.

The Trap God: Thank you for subbing in on an OM you have never touched when Jeran couldn't play, you also won both times which is amazing, well you're an ubers SPL player so no surprises, goodluck in other tournaments scenes, hope we stay in touch!

As closing remarks, I want to apologize to Jolteons and all of its players, I made a lot of jokes this past day about hax but I never meant them seriously, yall are amazing and played with all force and all motivation which allowed you to reach this point, shoutout to both Ransei and ScarfWynaut for maintaining such a great team. I would also like to give a shoutout to Mark_K, Racool, terrors, InfernapeTropius11, darksylvion for their great performance and being chill asf users even though IT11 isn't undefeated in my heart, 4-1 forever soon to be 4-2. This OMPL was intense boys and I'm waiting the end of the week to look at the winners of this year most prestigious team tournament ever in the OM community. With that being said, you should all join the 1v1 Ladder Tournament which is a tournament that revolves around the best OM, the king of OMs, the OM that deserves all the recognition it deserves 1v1.

Peace.
Pretty much sums it up.

SaturnZelda

formerly TylerWithNumbers

Peace.
You lost because you didn't draft me, tbh

Peace.
Reading this makes me a lot more frustrated I didn't win and thus you didn't get a shot at a tiebreaker because of it.
I also knew nothing about the OM community so I asked a few people about your and bondie's chances at winning and they were all very similar and very negative, so I am surprised and proud you guys made such an amazing run and came this close to a second place. Now go buy Ransei a bottle of Vodka.

Maybe next year ;].

Last edited:
Uhh too late for shoutouts?

Pikachuun and OM room y'all guys are actually the greatest. You guys kept the team spirit up when people might have been down after a loss. You guys are also some of the coolest people I know and hopefully I can work with you guys in the future.

Now I don't wanna pick and choose teammates to give special shoutouts but in this situation I can't help it. motherlove is a don I swear. Being able to to play as well as he does and still helping the team in team building and testing for a shitload of tiers like you is a trait not many people possess. Grateful to be working with you.

As for the rest of the team yoman5 Lax Catalystic HeadsILoseTailsYouWin DonnotheFirst Clearly aki0s Zephyr Dragon Lord Illusio sin(pi) Dr. Phd. BJ and the God himself GmU pokeboss9 Funbot28
I was really disappointed in a lot of the aspects of how things played out, but never in you guys. I know you guys tried your hardest and regardless of what people said about us we were one of the best teams in this ompl and nobody can change my beliefs on that. We held our own against BOTH of the current finals teams, only losing/thing because of a mono slot that can't seem to play to save his life as well as getting a double coinflip vs aegiblades. So I'm considering our only actual loss vs the unfezants. Not to take anything away from other teams because you guys are awesome but you can't predict what would have happened without activities or coinflips or double subs, and despite us being "the worst team" we managed to keep it close the whole week vs even the best. I'm really proud of you guys because even despite a disappointing end to our season I know we gave it our 100% and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Also shoutouts to Yung week 5 coinflip for making my official record 2-0 on paper. Call me the coinflip metabeast.

Hopefully see you guys next year?
Peace.

MAMP

MAMP!
As we all know, the most exciting part of any Premier League is not the high-level matches or the sweet innovations. No, it's the callout posts, truly the highest form of human communication. This OMPL, we've seen a plethora of witty one-liners, scathing rants, and beatifully crafted memes, greatly enriching the Other Metagames Premier League experience for everyone involved. So now, with OMPL V drawing at last to a close, I'm proud to present...

TOP 5 CALLOUT POSTS OF OMPL V
so off topic
so off topic
so off topic
so off topic
so off topic
these are all different posts

Honorable Mentions
Oh durza youre always so off topic
Oh Durza you're so off topic
Oh Durza you're so off topic

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)