OM Interviews (#16: In The Hills)

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
* Thoughts on Chloe's favoritism
* Thoughts on Gothitelle
* What would be the best Mega Rayquaza check if Arceus-Fairy did not exist?

Lastly thanks for being one and only human being who actually helps me in AG Discord unlike others, I actually felt some warm heart when you gave me that Tyranitar EV spread

What was the inspiration for your great artwork?

What is the best pokemon in AG in your opinion? (Second best if Mega Ray is #1?)

Not a question but if you win an AG match with Ditto, Eevee, Electrode, and Weedle you deserve a cookie.

Do you think your life is meaningful right now?

If not, what will you do to make your life meaningful?

Are you annoyed when you answer the questions above?

Do you listen to music? If so, what kind of music you listen to?

How's Baton Pass in AG?

What do you think about me asking these very same questions in all interviews?

If I hand over the ownership of Core Laddering Challenge (CLC), who's the best suited to be the leader and why?

Can you share us your mixtape?
soundcloud.com/thimoonfire
* Thoughts on Chloe's favoritism
* Thoughts on Gothitelle
* What would be the best Mega Rayquaza check if Arceus-Fairy did not exist?

Lastly thanks for being one and only human being who actually helps me in AG Discord unlike others, I actually felt some warm heart when you gave me that Tyranitar EV spread
Chloe's favoritism is blessed.
Gothitelle is blessed.
The best Mega Rayquaza check isn't Arceus-Fairy, it's Lugia
What was the name of the leagues that were significant to you?
I don't remember
tHImo

you should talk in om chat more so i can bother you

what's your favorite color besides drampa

who let the dogs out
maybe
yellow
baha men
in to claim partial credit for everything thimo has done in anything goes since meeting me
no
What was the inspiration for your great artwork?

What is the best pokemon in AG in your opinion? (Second best if Mega Ray is #1?)

Not a question but if you win an AG match with Ditto, Eevee, Electrode, and Weedle you deserve a cookie.
I just thought of random pokemon I can draw
Best pokemon in AG is Arceus obviously.
Hey THICCmo

thoughts on USUM?
hope move tutors are alright
Thoughts on being a better staff member than chloe ever will be?
yes
Do you think your life is meaningful right now?

If not, what will you do to make your life meaningful?

Are you annoyed when you answer the questions above?

Do you listen to music? If so, what kind of music you listen to?

How's Baton Pass in AG?

What do you think about me asking these very same questions in all interviews?

If I hand over the ownership of Core Laddering Challenge (CLC), who's the best suited to be the leader and why?
yes
no
this music
baton pass is fire
you did?
i dont give a shit about clc
when will breloom and hooh switch places on the vr
they wont

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Haven't forgotten about this, I've chosen who to interview next but I'm having issues catching up with them. If you have any alternate suggestions, please let me know on discord or my profile page.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
#8 Quantum Tesseract | [14:51:39] #E4 Flint: guy that thinks he's good

Hi Quantum!
Hi Chloe!

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I'm a student who lives in the US. As you can probably guess, I'm into Pokémon, and have been for a while; I've been on PS since 2012, and playing Pokemon much longer. I'm for the most part a typical nerd; I like math, science, games, anime, although I tend to read a lot more than seems to be normal nowadays.

How did you get into Mix and Mega? What about the metagame caught your attention?
I first got interested by mix and Mega when it got other metagame of the month. I had liked several previous OMoTMs like Inheritance, and I figured this one might be cool. It was complicated to learn at first, as there werent many good players or resources, but it was alot of fun and I was quicklly hooked. I then sought out the thread, and started contributing.

If you could change one thing about Mix and Mega, what would it be?
I've been pretty involved in the Mix and Mega decisions, so not much. The one thing I felt really deserved a ban, shadow tag, just got the boot. In the future, I suppose with enough time I'd like to look into testing some ubers, but I'm pretty satisfied with its current state.

What other metagames have you been playing? What are you most confident in for OMGS?
I prided myself on playing all OMs, but I have to admit I'm not a fan of Camomons. For OMGS, I think Mix and Mega will be my best, but I'll also be counting on a strong performance in AAA, AG, and BH to back that up. STABmons I can play but I'm not near the top unless its Monotype STABmons.

Do you think you'll reach playoffs / finals? Are you enjoying it so far?
I think I'll probably make MnM finals, but as last year showed me you can always get lucked by a worse player. Certainly, I dont intend to rely on any one open. As far as OMGS in general goes, I haven't played a game yet. Both my opponent and sub were inactive. I do have high hopes, though.

What's your opinion on the current 1v1 metagame? Is it balanced? Competitive?
I think its definitely competitive, but much more of that is in teambuilding rather than in the match itself. This means, however, that games are essentially decided from team preview in many cases, and have at most one or two reads except in exceptional cases. As such, there is both more room for random chance to interfere and less chance to recover from a mistake; requiring bo3 or bo5 solves most of this but not all, and even in an ideal situation its very different from 6v6. As for balance, I think reasonably so, altho I personally dislike playing against charizard :P.

What players do you look up to or are really good friends with within the OM community?
Look up to? Thimo is an incredible innovator and battler, and I've always tried to measure up to him whenever I can. UnleashOurPassion from 1v1 is similar. As far as friends go, in addition to the above: Chloe, nv, Racool, GL Volkner, Iron Crusher, Gross Sweep, Blazikin, Chazm, and jasprose. I also have a bunch more in Monotype but that's not an OM anymore.

Can you provide a niche set that you have created and explain how/why it works?
https://pastebin.com/kM0qYrg6 - At +2, it OHKOs neutral Arceus or anything less bulky, which is pretty much everything. It can also take espeeds well even at -1, and can beat blissey on the switch. It does sometimes have difficulty setting up thanks to low special defense, but it can still perform valuable hazard clearing regardless.

If you were going to manage an OMPL team what would it be?
Amazing because-, oh you mean name. Uh, Magnificent Metagross?

Ransei asks: What's that one place you go to but you always hate?
Camping. I can't stand it, but my Mom is a big fan of it for some reason and we go at least twice a year, often more.

E4 Flint asks: What is your favorite element and why?
Carbon. Its just so versatile, and is involved in a lot of cool stuff; nanotubes diamonds, life...

GL Volkner asks: Is Chloe too much of a weeb or nah?
She still manages to be in denial, so its probably not that bad yet. Give it a few months.

Pigeons asks: Is pineapple on pizza delicious or heresy?
If you want to ruin a perfectly good pizza, fine, but don't expect me to eat it.

Gross Sweep asks: If you were a casserole, what kind would you be and why?
I'm sorry, I have no idea how to answer this question.

Do you have any closing remarks?
No

Thanks for letting me interview you!
No problem!

If you have any questions for Quantum, please feel free to ask them down below!

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Chloe asks for a random interview question, I supply an interview question...then you defy the process by not answering my question?! I demand to know what cassarole you'd be! This is simple real life skills, you should be able to answer common questions such as this at the drop of a hat.

MAMP

MAMP!
what dont you like about camping? im curious because i used to hate it too but i learned to really love it

what are you reading right now? what do you think of it?

what's your favourite animal and why?

what do you think of the place where you live? what kind of place would you like to live in if you could live anywhere?

Mq

It's Megaqwer's Time!
The interview featuring Mq.

Hope you're having a good day, so let the questions begin.

What's the reason behind the name 'Quantum Tesseract'? Why not 'Loki' s Tesseract'?

Out of all the metagame you've played, which one has been the most 'fun' to play?

How hard do you think it is to come up with different & viable sets in a metagame?

Do you believe that someone can really be 'skilled' at Pokemon where one critical can change the outcome of the battle?

Do you hate high hopes for Gen 8, what would you like them to fix?

What are the places you would love to travel?

What's your favorite movie?

What's your favorite mon to use in battle? this questions is meant to be in general but you can name multilple or seperate by metagame, if that's easier.

What's your favorite song to listen to when battling, or if you don't listen to music when battling just in general?

Thoughts on Kirby?

What's the worst joke you ever heard and still remember?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)